Ch. 14

Priorities

 

When we finally arrive back at the hotel, I wake up to find myself leaning on Dongho while he and Kiseop are asleep on me. I look over to see Maria and Kevin asleep on each other, Hoon slumped over away from Maria, asleep. Soohyun and AJ are asleep on each other, and Eli is leaned over in the isle asleep. I find all of this extremely adorable, so I carefully get my phone out of my pocket, trying not to make up Dongho or Kiseop, and take pictures of everyone sleeping so adorably, taking care not to wake up any of the sleeping princes. After I take the last picture of Kiseop and Dongho sleeping on me, making sure to show a winning smile because I want to save all of the pictures I took today, I put my phone back in my pocket and lean back over on Dongho to fall back asleep as I see movement from the shadows on the bus. It's the driver. "All of you can sleep in here tonight, seeing how peaceful and happy everyone seems. But make sure all of you get up early in the morning to get ready for the festival." He whispered to me.
"Okay. I'll make sure they get up in the morning and go into their room and get ready." I whisper back, still somewhat drowsy.
"I'll leave you to it then." He says, flashing me a smile as he turns and gets off the bus.

 

I close my eyes and almost instantaneously fall back into a peaceful sleep.

 

***It's pouring a cold rain. I am drenching wet from head-to-toe, but I am not that cold. It's obviously a summer rain. I look around to find I'm in the middle of a street, that should be busy at this time of day, but there isn't a single car to be found. "This place looks like a mini version of New York." I mumble to myself.

 

I start walking down the street, trying to see if I see any human being around, in this dead silence through the pouring rain. All of the shop lights are on, but not a person in sight. Where am I? And where is everyone?

 

I continue walking, beginning to get a little cold now. I stop and look into the window at a shop called Jewel Box, staring at a ring in the display that looks exactly like the one my mom gave me. It was gold, with a 'S' shaped sliver of gold on both sides of a Pink Ice gem cut into the shape of a elongated diamond. I look down to look at the ring on my finger, to see if it is the exact same one, but it's gone. My other two rings were still in their normal places on my hands.
"Oh no! Where could it be?! I couldn't have lost it!! That was my favorite ring!!!" I start to panic, looking around to see if it had slipped off my finger with the rain. I start searching through the street from which I just came. But where ever I looked, I just can't find it. "Where is it?! I couldn't have lost it!!!" After what seems like 3 hours, I finally just give up looking for it. "Sigh. I just wish I could find it." I say with a sad expression.


"What did you lose?" I hear someone say from behind me. I feel a warm coat being put onto my shoulders. I turn around to find HIM. Again? I thought I was over this kind of thing. "I thought you looked cold." He said through his wet hair. He was starting to get drenched as well, now that he wasn't wearing a coat to protect his clothes from the pouring rain. With his sudden appearance, I almost forgot about my mom's ring.
"What are you doing here?" I ask him. "No one seems to be here but me." I say in a sad tone.
"I'm here with you. So of course you're not alone." He said with a chuckle.
"But all of the people that should be here, aren't here. No cars are here on the street, no people are walking on the sidewalks or in the shops buying things. It's like..." My words trailed off as he pulled something out of his pocket. He grabs my hand and puts something on my ring finger. I look at the ring and see it's my mom's ring that I had lost.
"Oh my goodness!!! Where did you find this?!?" I gasp.
"I saw it in that shop over there and thought of you." He smiled warmly, his eyes glittering.
"But this is the ring that I lost! My mom had given this to me when I was 16. It was her's when she was that same age. Her mom, my Mamaw, gave it to her for Christmas. I was so heartbroken when I thought I had lost it!! Thank you for finding it and giving it back to me!!!" I exclaim as I hug him, laughing and crying at the same time.
"No problem." He said, laughing.***

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Well, that was short. ._____.

Well...