Ch. 46

Priorities

 

This week passed by so quickly, and it's finally time for Lu Han and I to record our cover of Ti Amo original sung by Arron Yan of Fahrenheit and Jade Liu. I grab his hand and we step into the recording booth. There are different kinds of water on a small table to our right, and a two huge mics with headphones sitting on them in front of us. We stand there giggling for a few minutes, and then a voice from overhead startles us. "Whenever you both are ready." It said.

 

We nod at each other and put the headphones on. We take a sip of water, and look at Jin through the window behind our microphones. We give him the 'thumbs up', and he turns out all of the lights in the studio except for a slight glow coming from inside the booth just above our heads. The music starts playing, and I close my eyes, letting it flow into me. "Sui ran shi jian dan de xing rong~ Sui ran shi chong fu de dong zuo~ Yin wei you ni~ Rang yi qie dou bian cheng bu ping~ Fan~" Lu Han sings sweetly. "Hao xiang feng he ni wo shou xin~ Jiu zhe yang qian zhu fang bu kai~ You ni pei ban~ Hu xi zhu you ni de kong qi~ Jiu shi xing fu~"
I open my eyes and start singing. "
Ti amo~ Te quiero~ Mei yi tian dou yao ai shang ni~ Xiang zhu ni~ Chen ru meng jing~ Yi zhang yan~ Yi qing xing~ Di yi ge xiang dao you shi ni~"
Now was time for us to sing in harmony. "
Saranghae~ And I love you~ Wo mei tian dou yao ai shang ni~ Shao yi tian~ Jiu hui yi han~ Pei zhu ni~ De guang yin~ Zen yang dou bu suan~ Cuo tuo~"

 

Lu Han turns to face me. "Hao xiang feng he ni wo shou xin~ Jiu zhe yang qian zhu fang bu kai~ You ni pei ban~ Hu xi zhu you ni de kong~ Qi~ Jiu shi xing fu~" I kind of get lost, but somehow don't miss my part in the song.
"Ti amo~ Te quiero~
Mei yi tian dou yao ai shang ni~ Xiang zhu ni~ Chen ru meng jing~ Yi zhang yan~ Yi qing xing~ Di yi ge xiang dao you shi ni~"* I sing to him, his eyes were glittering so much that I could see them under this lighting.
"
Saranghae~ And I love you~ Wo mei tian dou yao ai shang ni~ Shao yi tian~ Jiu hui yi han~ Pei zhu ni~ De guang yin zen yang dou bu suan~ Cuo tuo~ Pei zhu ni de guang yin~ Yong yuan dou jue de~ Bu gou~" We sing together, as the song finishes.

 

"Wow!! Wow!!! Just. WOW!!!! That was PERFECT!!!!" Jin exclaims happily overhead. Lu Han and I break out of our trance and start looking at Jin flail about from behind the glass window. We giggle.
"
You really think so?" I ask.
"
But of course!! Neither of you will have to re-record this song again, because the recording you both just did was absolutely perfect!! Great work!!" Lu Han and I step out of the recording booth and Jin runs over to us and grabs us in a big hug. "I'm really proud of you both!!" He exclaims.
"
Thank you so much. It really means a lot. I have never been recorded professionally like that before, so it being my first time, I'm really happy that you said we sung it perfectly in just one recording." I confess.
"
Well honey, if that was your first time, I can't wait to see what you do after you get used to it!!" We all giggle.

 

He finally lets us go, and we head out for some food. "What are you in the mood for?" I ask Lu Han.
"
Let's go to Jihwaja. I'm craving some Korean food right now." He giggles as we buckle our seat belts and he drives off. We arrive and sit down, ordering their smallest course called 'Royal Table D'hote Mi'. We munch on our appetizers and when our main dishes finally arrive, we both almost had a heart attack. There was a LOT of food to eat, between just the two of us, and this was the smallest course this restaurant offered. We eat on our dishes that included Fried Beef and Mushroom, Korean Ginseng and Vegetable Salad, Pan-Fried Fish and Vegetables, and more.


After quite some time, we manage to finish, and a waiter brings us our dessert of Fresh Fruit, Traditional Korean Cookies and Rice Cakes, and Korean Punch. When we finally manage to get done with that, we pay the bill and head into the car.

 

I wake up in my bed, wondering how I got here. I sit up and walk into the kitchen to eat some strawberries and milk for breakfast. Maria walks in and fixes herself a glass of orange juice, sitting across from me at the table. "Good morning Maria~" I say, taking a sip of my milk.
"Good morning~ How did the recording go? Lu Han had carried you up to your bed last night after you fell asleep on the way back from going out to eat with him, so I never got to ask."
"Oh. So THAT's how I got in my bed last night." I giggle. "Anyways, the recording went great! Jin had said that we did it perfectly in the first recording!!"
"That's great!! Does that mean that you will be filming the music video to it soon?" "I guess so. I will find out today." I was getting really excited.
"Guess what?!" She leaned in with a really happy face.
"What?!" I exclaim.
"Apparently our group is already getting some major hype. Check this out." She hands me her phone. I look at it to see that she had a news article from Soompi pulled up. The article read 'New International Girl Group VIRUS Is Garnering Attention From Kpop Fans Around The World, Debut Is Highly Anticipated'.
"OH MY SHISUS!!!! WE HAVE AN ARTICLE ON SOOMPI?!?!?! AND WE ARE ALREADY GAINING FANS?!?!?!" I stand up and start jumping about. "But wait, Mr. Kim CEO hasn't even revealed any of our pictures yet? He's only revealed a group photo with our faces blurred out."
"Yes, but we are already gathering attention."
"That's really awesome!! I can't wait until we debut!!" I start jumping around again. Kyung-Eun walks in, and takes a seat next to Maria.
"One of our members are going to be revealed today." She says. Maria and I stop what we are doing and look at her.
"WHO?!" We squeal, leaning closer to her.
"We're not sure. It's supposed to be a surprise."
"I bet it's going to be you, Caitlin!" Maria exclaims, jumping up and down in front of me.
"Why do you think that?" I ask, a little confused.
"Think about it: you JUST finished recording a duet with Lu Han, and you are going to be filming a music video for it in a few days. And after that, you are going to be promoting both the song, AND VIRUS by traveling around and performing the song on TV shows around the world. It HAS to be YOU!!" She exclaims, jumping around the room.
"Well, I guess you're right. But don't talk about that stuff right now, you'll make me nervous!!" We all laugh.

 

After a long day of hard work, Jin finds me in the hallway and stops me. "I am done editing the song. You and Lu Han will record the music video tomorrow. So wake up early, and be ready for him to pick you up around 8am. You won't be practicing with the others tomorrow." He pats my head. I nod, and he walks off.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Updates might be a little later than usually for a while... I'm having some issues with my dad, and it's just been really hard... I hope you can understand...