Ch. 22

Priorities

 

We all finally get to walk inside The Hollywood Tower Hotel to be greeted by a creepy concierge, who leads us through the hotel to be greeted by other creepy concierges and spiderwebs on everything. The place looked like it has been abandoned for years.

 

We get to the elevator, and the concierge stands by the entrance and gestures us in. We all sit in seats in a row; first was Soohyun, then Kevin, then Maria, then AJ, then Dongho, then me, then Kiseop, then Eli, and then Hoon. We are told by a voice coming from overhead to buckle our seat belts. There is barely any light in here as the voice tells us that we have just entered the Twilight Zone. The lights go out as we see a door in front of us open, and several 'ghosts' pop up far in front of us, down what seems to be a hallway. Electricity can be heard coming from all around us as the voice continues to speak.

 

The 'ghosts' disappear and the hallway lights dim. Now we are in complete darkness as the voice tell us that the doors to a nightmare has just opened up for us. We immediately drop down and now we can see the outside world through 'hole' in the wall of the elevator shaft. Everyone screams and Dongho grabs my hand. We drop down twice more and now we are in complete darkness again. We drop a few more times, then we are brought back up to the top as a demonic rumble can be heard all around us. The elevator drops us back down into complete darkness as everyone continues to scream. Dongho's grip on my hand becomes tighter. The overhead voice starts talking to us again, and then fades away as the dim lights come back on as we are told to gather our belongings and get out of the elevator. Dongho lets go of my hand and we walk out.

 

We get out of The Hollywood Tower Hotel and feel like vampires after being in darkness for so long. "So what's next?" Hoon asks.
"Let's go to the roller coaster California Screamin'!!" Kiseop exclaims excitedly.
"Let's go!!!" I say, grabbing Dongho's hand and pulling him towards Paradise Pier.

Dongho's grip on my hand tightens as we see the roller coaster come into view. "It's okay, I will be right beside you on it. I promise." I say, giving him a reassuring smile. We start walking now, little children are running around all over the place with their parents. It's cute to see them having so much fun. It makes me sort of miss being their age and going places like this with my parents, but it also makes me slightly long to be a parent myself.

 

We make it and start standing in line as the others finally catch up. "Finally we get caught back up to you two!" Eli says, slightly out of breathe from running after us.
"Sorry oppa. I just wanted to hurry up and get in line." I say, flashing him a friendly smile.
"It's okay. You just didn't want to wait a long time. Plus you're excited to be here in Disneyland." Kiseop said, smiling.
"That's right! I love places like this!" I tell him.

It's our turn to get on, I sit up front, pulling Dongho with me. "This will be fun. If you get scared, don't be afraid to grab onto me." I smile. He quickly nods back, obviously terrified of this. We pull out and onto a straight part in the track that is right on the water. A overhead voice tells us to get ready as we stop. We slowly pull forward about 10 feet and stop again. We sit there for what seem like forever, and them the overhead voice starts counting down from five.
 

I see Dongho start to tremble. I grab his arms and wrap them around my waist, and them put my hands on the safety bar. He immediately start clinging to me as the countdown reaches one, and we shoot off and start going up a hill through a half tunnel. The roller coaster starts getting faster as we go downhill and turn to go up another hill, the cars slightly tilted to the side.

 

We make it to a part that allows us to see all over the park, then are sharply turned and start
tilting sideways as we make it to yet another hill with a tunnel. We start to slow down as we make it it almost to the top. We make it to the top, and then shoot straight down at what looked like almost a 90 degree angle. The roller coaster pulls us up and into another sharp turn and tilts the cars as we whirl around and then go down a hill and into a huge loop. Dongho is screaming his head off and clinging onto me to hard I felt like I couldn't breathe. We go up another hill, and then through a half tunnel as we go back down it. The cars tilt once more as we turn back towards the water and up another hill as we get to a few smalls hills right in a row, slowing down slightly. We start turning and are tilted again as we make two more sharp turns and then slow down and slowly make out way back to out starting point.

 

Dongho finally lets go of his tight grip, allowing me to breathe again, and we get off.

"That was so much fun!!!" Kevin and I muse happily.
"Where do you want to go next?" Dongho asks me smiling. He's turned back to his normal color.
"Can we go to Car's Land? I really want to go and just walk around there for a bit. I loved the movie, so I want to see what it would feel like to walk through Radiator Springs! Please?" I answer with a begging face.
"Awww, but that place is for little kids!" Eli said, pouting. He was cute when he pouted.
"Well we can go without the rest of you! Dongho-oppa with go with me! Right?" I ask, looking at Dongho with pleading eyes.
"Sure I will! You guys can go off and do other stuff. I'll make sure she won't cause trouble or run off somewhere." Dongho said with a teasing nudge with his elbow. I stick my tongue out at him.
"Alright. But if either of you need us, you can call our cell phones. Where do you want to meet up at?" Soohyun asked.
"How about Main Street USA?" Kevin suggests.
"Sure! Sounds great!" Hoon said.
"Okay, let's all meet up at Main Street USA in a hour." Eli tells us. We all nod and take off in different directions in separate groups. Maria and Kevin go off by themselves towards Adventureland giggling to themselves, Eli, Kiseop, Soohyun, AJ, and Hoon all take off towards New Orleans Square, and Dongho and I head towards Car's Land.

 

We get there and it is greater than I had imagined. They had a few of the actual Cars characters driving around and they had everything from the movie, from Flo's V8 Cafe and Luigi's Casa Della Tires to the Cozy Cone Motel. Dongho grabs my hand as we walk past a huge group of little kids. I look at him with a questioning look, and he gives me a sheepish smile. We walk to Stanley's statue and stop to take some pictures. We smile as we take a picture of the both of us in front of the statue.

 

"Now what?" I ask him, grabbing is hand. Electricity runs through me fingertips as I
intertwine my fingers with his.
"Umm.. I don't know." He says, smiling so brightly. "How about we ride Radiator Springs Racer?" His eyes are glittering brilliantly. I forget where I am for a second.
"Umm.. What? Oh, right. Yeah, that's a good idea." We start walking through the side of the entrance that said 'fast pass' above it.

 

We stand in line for about 5 minutes, and then get into the front seat of a blue car and buckle our
seat belts, never letting go of each others hand. A middle-aged woman gets in the back with her husband and little girl. We start to go forward, coming out of the 'cave' we were in. We are in a line of cars of different colors, some red, some purple, some green, and some blue. We make a few stops, waiting on other cars to get a little bit ahead before we finally take off through a beautiful canyon. There are trees, cacti, and gorgeous rock formations all around us, just like what was in the movie. We go through a small cave, and when we get to the other side, there is a very tall waterfall just ahead, and you can see a bridge that connects both sides of the canyon just in front of the waterfall.

 

Dongho and I both gasp in awe, then giggle at each other. We get to another cave, and soon we are in complete darkness, only to be met by Mack the semi-truck when he turns his headlights on and blows his horn. We meet other cars who are traveling through the darkness as well, they are startled and honk at us and squeal as we pass. We come out of the cave to the sound of a incoming train, and into Radiator Springs at night. We slow down when Sheriff pops out from behind a road sign and tells us we need to slow down. We then meet Mater who tells us that we are going to race and that it's going to be really fun. He disappears as we go through a mini cave, and reappears on the other side, telling us to honk our horn, which makes the Tractors turn up on their backs. We turn to see an angry Frank and we turn to drive away as Mater laughs from behind us.

 

We are now back in Radiator Springs and pass by Sarge and Filmore in front of Flo's V8 Cafe. Lightning McQueen tells Luigi to give us some of his best tires as we go into Luigi's Casa Della Tires. We stop as he talks to us, making Dongho and me giggle. The car starts lifting up as if we were actually getting new tires as we hear the sound of the air gun changing the lug nuts on the tires. We start to slowly make out way through a door that opens to reveal Doc on a car lift with his crew chief headgear on.

 

We stop for some time, and then we pull up to the 'starting line' to see Luigi and Guido wearing Italian style racing fan gear. A green car pulls up next to us as Luigi still talks. Both cars rev their engines a few times. Luigi tells us to go, and we speed off, out of a tunnel and into the desert of the canyon. As we speed through a race track style turn, Dongho and I lean into the turn, gripping each others hand tightly. We speed our way over a few small hills and into another turn, then dropping down through a cave, and up and out of the other side through the finish line as we start slightly slowing down into another turn.

 

We go into another cave as we get even slower. Pretty stalactites and stalagmites are around us glowing a bright red. Lightning McQueen and Mater show up, telling us how amazing we were in our
race, causing us to giggle. Our car stops, and we unbuckle out seat belts and get out.

"That was really awesome!" Dongho says happily, grabbing my hand, sending a electric charge through my fingertips.
"Let's go to Grizzly Peak next!" I exclaim, smiling at him. We start walking away from Car's Land and head up a trail to Grizzly Peak.

 

As we walk hand-in-hand up the trail, we pass countless Evergreen trees. "Wow! This is beautiful!" I gasp in awe.
"It is." He agrees, looking around at all the trees. "But it's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I look at him,meaning to ask him what he meant by that, but I change my mind when I see him blushing and looking down in attempt to hide his face. Why is he acting like that? I have to admit, it's really cute and charming.

 

{POV Change}
Kiseop, Hoon, Soohyun, AJ, and Eli decided that they would go to Grizzly Peak next, after they split off from everyone else. "Hyung, this place is really pretty. What kind of trees are they?" Kiseop asks Soohyun.
"I don't what they are called in English." He chuckled.
"They are Evergreen Trees." Eli told them. "They are called that because they stay green throughout the whole year, and don't lose their leaves during Autumn.
"Oh! Very cool!" Kiseop exclaimed, still mesmerized by the trees all around them.
"Isn't that Caitlin and Dongho up there?" Hoon asked them. "That IS!" He exclaimed as he saw us stop to take a selca.
"Are they holding hands?!" AJ gasped.
"They seem to be getting really friendly towards each other." Soohyun said, winking and making them all giggle.
"So THIS is how they act towards each other when they are alone." Eli winked, making them giggle even harder.
"I suppose we better go somewhere else in the park, and leave these two love birds alone." AJ winked as they all turned around to go back the way they came.
"Are we going to tell Kevin and Maria?" Kiseop asked.
"Oh yes!" Hoon exclaimed, letting out a giggle.
{Back to Normal POV}

 

After waiting in line at the Grizzly River Run for almost 30 minutes, talking and giggling, it was finally our turn to get into a raft. I let Dongho pick a seat as I follow and sit next to him. We buckle our seat belts as a man speaks Spanish over a loud speaker. "Do you know what he is saying?" He asks me as a couple a little bit older than us, a woman with her husband and their twin boys take seats around us.
"I'm not sure. I don't know a lot of Spanish." I giggle. "All I could get out of that was 'hello', 'rafting', and something about 'safety' and he named a few body parts. So I'm guessing he was talking about how we need to stay inside our raft to be safe." As soon as I said that a guy speaking English this time told us pretty much the same thing I just told Dongho.
"Wow! You were right! That is so cool!" He exclaimed, beaming at me as we slowly floated towards this lift that looked similar to what you would see on a roller coaster track. We go through this mini tunnel, and as we get out of the other side, water rains down on us. I start giggling because Dongho got more wet than I did. We get to the top as our raft slides off the lift and starts to slowly slide through a rocky pass and into the water. You can hear sounds of the wind and water flowing through a cave as we start to go through. Water splashes up on everyone in our raft, and the mom complains about getting wet. Dongho and I giggle to ourselves as we come out of the other side of the cave
and start moving faster through the rapids, spinning every so often.

 

We start to slow as we get close to a steep drop through another cave. Dongho grabs my hand and the bar in front of us, preparing for the drop. We drop down as water splashes all over everyone in our raft, Dongho and I are the ones getting wet the most. We giggle as the girl from the couple just a little bit older than us squeals from getting wet. "This is really fun!!" Dongho exclaims as we go through another cave, spinning slightly. We come out of the other side and start hitting rapids, splashing water over Dongho and I even more. I giggle, seeing that his is almost dripping wet. He flashed me a smile as we start spinning and hit a dip in the water, splashing all over me and the little boy next to me. He starts giggling as I squeeze his hand in protest.

 

We continue slowly spinning as we come up on another steep drop. Water splashes all over everyone as we all squeal in surprise from the water being colder than the rest. We start spinning slowly as we start to turn back towards our starting point.
"That was so fun! But I am soaking wet!" I exclaim as we start walking back down the way we came.
"I am wet too!" Dongho said, giggling. "Do you think they will let us get on other rides while we are still wet?"
"Probably not." I giggle.
"Is it almost time to meet up with the others?" He asked, showing me the time on his watch.
"Yeah. We have about 15 minutes. Let's make our way to Main Street USA." He grabs my hand, sending that electric feeling back through my skin.

 

"Where have you two been? It looks like you both took a shower with your clothes on!" Kevin chuckles as we walk up to him and Maria.
"We just came from Grizzly Peak. We rode the Grizzly River Run. We accidentally got the seats that would get the most water splashed onto us." I say. Dongho and I giggle at each other. Kevin notices that we are still holding hands.
"Is there something you should tell us?" Maria asks giggling, she must have noticed too. We both just kind of stand there awkwardly, blushing like crazy and not knowing what to say to explain ourselves.
"Well, well, well. It seems that you two are still having fun together after we saw you at Grizzly Peak!" Hoon yells as his group walks towards us. We start blushing madly again. Wait? They were at Grizzly Peak?
"You guys saw us at Grizzly Peak?" I ask him.
"Yeah. We started to go up there after we all split up, but we saw you two up there holding hands and smiling goofy smiles at each other, and decided to let you two have your time together. We went to Space Mountain instead." He said, winking at us, making us blush even harder.
"Well, since they don't want to tell us anything, how about we go somewhere to eat before we head off again?" Soohyun suggests.

 

We make our way through the Plaza Inn, and sit down out back after the staff pushed two tables together and pulled up an extra chair for us. "Thank you so much." We all say in unison as the staff members hand us each menus.
"Mmm. It all sounds so good." Maria exclaimed.
"What are you going to get?" Dongho asks me.
"Hmmm.. I think I want to get some pasta with Alfredo sauce, and a salad." I tell him.
"Mmm. That sounds good! I think I'll get that too!" We both giggle.
"I'm going to get some Pot Roast." Eli says. "I haven't had that in a while."
"Ooo! I think I'll get that as well!" Kevin and Maria say at the same time, making them giggle at each other.

 

"That was really good!" AJ exclaims as we start walking back to our meeting spot.
"I think we should split up again." Hoon suggests.
"Okay, but this time we want to go with you guys." Maria tell him, holding on to Kevin's arm.
"Sure, if that's what you want." Eli said smiling.
"But that means we'll all be together, except for Caitlin and Dongho." Kiseop points out.
"Oh it's okay." I say with a smile. "Most of the rides don't allow for all of us anyway. We'll be fine. It's not like I'm going to let him out of my sight." I giggle as I poke Dongho's cheek.
"Okay then, let's meet back up here in 3 hours." Soohyun says as Dongho and I start walking away.

"Let's get some ice cream!" I say excitedly, grabbing Dongho's hand.
"Good idea!" He squeals cutely as we both run to Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. We walk inside to see the shop filled with young couples and a few children. We make our way to the counter as we see a nice middle-aged woman greet us.

 

"Hello. My, what a adorable couple you two are!" She giggled, admiring us both. I start to tell her that we aren't a couple, but Dongho giggles, causing me to giggle, making the nice lady believe that we really are dating. "What would you two like?"
"I want a Neapolitan on a cake cone." I smile at her.
"And I want a Chocolate on a waffle cone." Dongho says, flashing her a smile.
"Coming right up!" She turns around and makes Dongho's cone first. She turns back towards us. "Here you go dear." She hands Dongho his ice cream cone.
"Thank you." He said happily, starting to his ice cream.
"And here YOU go dear." She said, handing my mine.
"Thank you." I say as Dongho lets go of my hand to pay her.
"Thank you. Come back." She said as she put the money in the cash register. "He's a keeper." She says to me with a wink as we start to turn to leave. I start giggling and nod to her.
"What are you giggle about?" Dongho asked me with a bright smile on his face.
"She told me that you are a keeper." I giggle.
"What's a 'keeper'?"
"'Keeper' is a word that people use when talking about someone's boyfriend or girlfriend. When they say someone is a 'keeper', that means that the person that said it feels like the person they were talking about is a good boyfriend or girlfriend for the person they said it to." I say, smiling at him.
"Oh! She really said that?!" His eyes were really glittering more than before.
"Yeah." I said, smiling as widely as I could back at him. Seeing him this happy, made me feel amazing. I wouldn't want anything else in the world but to see their adorable boy happy. "How would you like to go and have a rest for a little while?"
"Where?" He asked, his eyes were gleaming with curiosity.
"I thought we could go back to Grizzly Peak, and go to the Grizzly Trail. We can take some pictures and I thought we could sit down and rest." I smile.
"Let's go."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Long chapter. :3 Hope you enjoyed~

I still need to get onto posting my newest fanfic. But I'm having writer's block on it. :/

I <3 him. That reminds me, Block B and BBC fighting~ ^____^