Ch. 33

Priorities

 

"We have a surprise for you!" Tao beamed.
"
What? Another surprise? You all need to stop surprising me because I don't deserve all of these surprises!" I giggle.
"
But of course you do mei mei!!" Tao exclaimed, jumping up from his chair and leaning down to hug me in my chair from behind.
"
Let's get done eating so we can do our surprise!" Xiumin exclaimed, stuffing his face with his breakfast. After about a minute of him chewing away happily with his puffy cheeks, he looks up at me to see me giggling and smiles at me. That face reminds me so much of Dongho. Thinking of Dongho starts to make me feel sad. I start looking down at my hands, trying not to cry. Lu Han notices, and gets up out of his chair and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the kitchen and into the bedroom, shutting the door and locking it behind us. He sits me down on the bed and sits next to me, putting his arms around me in a warm hug. I lift my hands to rest on his arms.

 

"What's wrong? You looked really sad. Well, you still do. Do you want to talk about it?" He says sweetly. I nod my head, feeling the tears about to burst out the second I open my mouth. "Go ahead and say what's on your mind. Remember that I am always here for you Kai Lin-mei mei." I look into his eyes and start telling him everything. From the first dream I had about Dongho while I was waiting for Maria at the airport, to the first time we met each other, to our adventure in Hollywood, and our trip to Disneyland. I couldn't help myself but to tell Lu Han everything. He was so kind and very easy to talk to, I felt like I could tell him anything. I tell him that I feel horrible for making him angry with me, and for leaving him in the airport like that, and for yelling at him. I tell him that I really love spending time with him the the rest of EXO-M, and that I just wish that Dongho would not act like that. I just didn't understand why me spending time with EXO-M made him so upset.

 

After I finish, I am almost completely cried out, and now I have a headache. "So that's what's been bothering you?" Lu Han asks me, wiping away my tears and lightly rubbing my temples in attempt to make my headache go away. I nod, and start slightly crying again. "It's okay. I promise that I will try everything I possibly can to make it better. Don't cry anymore. It's okay." He coos, slightly rocking me back and forth. He kisses my forehead lovingly and starts hugging me tighter.

 

After about 10 minutes I've finally stopped crying, and I hear the others outside of the door.
"
I better try to make myself not look like The Grudge, after my crying fit." I say, slightly giggling at myself.
"
You look beautiful no matter what." He smiles. I blush and get up to start fixing my hair and redoing my makeup. My mascara had ran down my face, and my hair was a mess from being in Lu Han's arms, so when I said I looked like The Grudge, I REALLY meant that I looked like The Grudge.

I get everything done, and turn to see him watching me.

"Can you tell that I have been crying?"* I ask.
"
No. You look beautiful." He smiles, putting his arm around me and opening the door to the members spying on us.
"
What were you two doing in there? You were in there forever." Lay asks suspiciously.
"
Kai Lin-mei mei was upset, so I let her talk to me and let out her feelings." Lu Han said as-a-matter-of-factly.
"
Why couldn't she have talked to all of us?" Xiumin asks.
"
Yeah! We all care about her too!" Tao said. Clearly jealous of Lu Han.
"
I promise, the next time I am upset I will talk to all of you." I giggle. They are all being too cute right now.
"
Yay!!" Tao squeals.
"
If you're okay now, would you like to see what our surprise is?" Kris asks with a wink.
"
Yes!!!" I say, winking back. He chuckles.

 

Their surprise was a good one. We are in the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. We skip the Gift Shop for now and go straight to the second floor to the Sea and Shore Zone of the aquarium. "Wow!! What is that?" Chen asks, gawking at a greenish seahorse looking fish with weird furry-like things coming off of it's body.
"
It's a Weedy Sea-dragon." Kris says, reading the plaque next to the tank.
"
So cool!" He muses, then runs over to one of the few jellyfish tanks to stand next to Xiumin. I walk over to the next tank after the Weedy Sea-dragon, and stop abrubtly, grabbing onto Lu Han and Tao's arms.
"
That really creepy!!" I squeal, hiding my face in Lu Han's shoulder.
"
That's a Giant Japanese Spider Crab." Lay says, coming up behind us.
"
I really hate spiders. They are so creepy. And so are crabs. And it's worse when they are both mixed together into one creature!!" I say into Lu Han's jacket, gesturing towards the crab with my hand, then grabbing Tao's arm again.
"
Let's go on to the next tank." Lu Han suggests, trying to get me away from the crab. He has been even more sweet than usually lately.

 

We continue walking and get to a tank filled with fish very similar to Gill of of Finding Nemo, and slightly bigger fish of different neon colors with a large spot on their side. "It says that they are Banggai Cardinalfish and Square-Spot Anthias."
"
They are so pretty!" I gasp. Tao and Lu Han giggle.

 

We walk on to the Polar Zone and stop to laugh and walk the penguins play. After about 9 minutes, Kris comes and moves us along, making us go on to the Spotted Seal. "It's co cute!!" I squeal, letting go of Lu Han and Tao to run up to the glass to get a closer look. Kris walks up and pokes my cheek. I turn my head to look at him.
"
You're acting like you're 3 years old." He chuckles.
"
Yeah. So?" I stick my tongue out at him, and run back to Lu Han and Tao, grabbing their hands and pulling them to the Southeast Asia Zone.

 

We see many different fish that I never knew even existed, and pass into the Australia Zone. Tao tries to do a Australian accent in English, but fails cutely. "You are so cute!" I squeal, poking his cheek, making him giggle.
"
I'm one of the cutest in EXO." Lu Han pouts.
"
You're so cute too, ge ge!!" I giggle, poking his cheek too. We get to a tank with a Australian Rainbowfish. "Wow! It's so pretty!" I beam.

 

"Woah!" Tao exclaims as we get to the third floor. Two big tanks are on both sides of us with huge fish in them.
"
These are the Barramundi Cod." I tell him. We walk on and enter the South American Zone. We stop and gawk in a tunnel tank that we are walking through with these HUGE fish in them. Lu Han leans over to read the plaque to us.
"
It says that these are Arapaima and they are native to the Amazon River."
"
They're HUGE!!" Tao and I exclaim in unison. We walk on, soon entering the China Zone.
"
It's so ugly, that it's cute!!" I squeal, pulling them closer to a tank with a Giant Chinese Salamander in it. They both laugh.
"
Look!! An Alligator!!" Xiumin and Chen call to us. We walk over to them the see a huge Chinese Alligator. We all stand there watching it for several minutes, and move on to the next tank.
"
What is that?" Lay asks with a cute laugh.
"
That is a.... Chinese er Fish." Chen tells him.
"
It's kind of weird looking." Kris laughs.

 

We finish up and head down both floors and to the basement. In the basement is the Deep Ocean zone. We immediately come to a large tank filled with many different kinds of colorful fish. Continuing our walk, we get to a huge tunnel tank filled with fish that inhabit various coastal reefs from around the world. "A sea turtle!! It reminds me of Yesung from Super Junior." I say, giggling.
"
You like Super Junior?" They all ask, looking at me in wonder.
"
But of course!! They are amazing!" I giggle. They smile at me and go back to watching the fish swim around in the tank all around us.

 

The next tank was also a tunnel. This one was filled with a huge amount of fish, all of them were in a school, swimming around us like they were in a underwater tornado. "I guess that's why the plague says Fish Tornado." Chen says with a chuckle. We get to the next tank, this one was made to be dark and feel like a cave for the fish that live on the bottom of the ocean in caves. Eels and other creepy looking fish peek out from under rocks and from in their smaller caves.

 

Now we are FINALLY at the Shark Tank. Many different species of sharks swim around above us. Feeling really close to them, I go to the side of the tunnel tank and reach up to touch the glass as a shark swims back my head. "You were afraid of a Giant Spider Crab, but you're not afraid to try to touch a shark?" Lu Han giggles, coming up to me to touch the glass as well. "You're weird." He pokes my side, chuckling.
"
I wasn't SCARED. I just don't like spiders. Spiders and crabs are so creepy and weird." I say defensively.
"
OKAY." He teases. I run off pouting to stand by Kris and Chen, leaving Lu Han alone with Tao.
"
Did they make you mad again?" Kris chuckles.
"
Yes." I say, still pouting.
"
I can tell. Don't pay attention to them. They are the most immature out of the group." He puts his arm around me and we start slowly walking through the tank.
"
This is really pretty~" I say, watching a albino shark pass overhead.
"
So I take it you're glad we brought you?" His eyes were hopeful.
"
Of course! You didn't have to make it expensive. I would be just as happy just spending a day laying around and watching movies and TV programs with you guys." I poke his chest. He is pretty built under that baby blue hoodie. Oh gosh, what am I doing thinking about Kris like that? I laugh at myself.
"
What's so funny?" He asks with a smirk.
"Nothing. I was just kind of laughing at myself." He chuckles. I never really noticed before, but he is SO MUCH better looking in person. He looks good on camera and in pictures, but man have you not lived until you've seen him up close and in person. Oh yeah, we're in a aquarium, I SHOULD be paying attention to the fish. I turn my head and start watching the sharks as we continue walking.

We step into another tunnel tank and there are fish from coral reefs swimming all around us. "Oh my gosh! I feel like I'm in Finding Nemo!" I exclaim. Everyone chuckles. We decide to call it a day and go to the Gift Shop. I get grabbed out of Kris' arm and pulled to the stuffed animals by Xiumin. We both giggle as we dig through all of them.
 

"Which one do you want mei mei?" He asks me.
"
It's too hard to decide!! Their all so cute!!" I say with a giggle.
"
Get this one!" He hands me a adorable stuffed Spotted Seal.
"
Oh my gosh!! It's so cute!!" I squeal, hugging it. He smiles at me. I look around and pick up two cute shark stuffed animals. "I'm going to get you a shark!"

 

After sifting through all of the stuffed animals, I have one for each member. I picked them all out special, according to each member's personality. I pay for all of them, and run out of the Gift Shop with the bags they were in and sit down on a bench to play with the seal Xiumin had bought for me. Dongho's 'Sha Bang Bang' starts playing and I grab my phone out of my pocket. Without checking to see who's calling, I answer it. "Hello?"
"Umm... Caitlin?"
"Yes? What is it?"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I am using quite a bit of cliffhangers lately. Lol.

If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments~ Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading this~ *cries* I LOVE YOU~ <3 <3