Ch. 27

Priorities

"And... Well.....?" Eli urged. He was really starting to kill us all.

"Out with it manager-ssi!!!" Hoon burst out, causing Soohyun to cover his mouth. Hoon gave the manager a apologetic look.
"Well... I thought that maybe I could pull some strings and have these girls work in the company.. If that's alright with everyone.." He looked really nervous as to what our reaction would be.
"OH MY SHISUS FUDGING CHRIST ALMIGHTY AND HIS 14 HOLY AND AMAZING FUDGING APOSTALES!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!" I couldn't contain my excitement. I got up and started jumping around, the others just sat there in shock.
"Well.. Yes. The boys have talked to me about how talented to two are, and I thought that I could get you all to work together under the same company. I know it is rare to have a foreigner working in the entertainment business in Korea, and practically unheard of for a non-Asian to be working in the entertainment business, but I think that I can pull some strings and make it happen, if you two are willing to become idols." I really start flipping out now, running around out of sheer happiness. I am going to be an idol?! This is HUGE!!! "Just as long as you two are willing to but up with all of the negativity and criticism that you will have to overcome as foreigners. And you will have to work, and want it badly."
"OH DO I WANT IT!!!!" I yell as I grab him into a tight hug. He chuckled and pulled away to straighten out his dress shirt and tie.
"Okay then. It's settled. You will pack your bags and come back to Korea with us. I have already talked to NHM himself about this, and he is VERY interested in my idea for you two. He wants to meet you two in person, and see your talents for himself. He is very excited to meet you both." He smiled at us. Everyone else was still sitting around wide-eyed and in shock. It looks like they'll have to sleep on it to get it through their heads. "Pack your bags, because we head back tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep. Oh, and boys, you can sleep in here again if you want. Your bags are already packed and ready to go." He walked out of the room, gently closing the door back behind him.

 

Everyone has a hard time sleeping tonight. I don't think anyone actually went to sleep. I just kind lay there all night playing with Dongho's hair as he watched me. He had a worried look on his face. "What's wrong oppa?" I whisper.
"I'm worried that something bad will happen. Korea's public don't really take kindly to foreigners. I'm worried about you both." He layed there motionless, all except for his head.
"I know that.. But they will eventually understand and accept us. And we are both tough, we can handle it." I take his face in my hands, and look deep into his eyes. "I promise. Yes, it may be hard, but I know that we can overcome it. I know in my heart that we can do it. And I always have you to help me. I know that you will always be there for me."
He brushes my hair out of my face. "Okay. I believe you."
"Good." I kiss his cheek and go back to playing with his hair. From the look in his eyes, me kissing him was a shock, but he seemed happy that I did it.

 

I wake up to Dongho poking my cheek. "Get up. It's time to go the the airport." Oh yeah, we're getting on the plane to go to Korea today.. OH MY GOODNESS WE'RE GETTING ON THE PLANE TO KOREA TODAY!!!!!! I jump up and run around, frantically trying to find clothes to put on, but I can't find any. "Your outfit for the day is already in the bathroom. Maria put it in there for you."
"Oh! Thank you!" I call as I run into the bathroom and shut the door. I quickly take a shower and blow dry my hair. I put on the clothes she had sat out for me- it was my new white boyfriend shirt with pink lips on it, a pair of my medium blue skinny jeans, and my black pumps. I quickly put on my BB Cream and mascara, not bothering with anything else, and run out of the bathroom. "Ready!"
"Okay, let's walk down to the bus to wait on the others." He grabs my hand as we make our way out of the room and down the hallway.

 

We all file onto the bus. Now the shock has worn off, and everyone is SUPER excited that Maria and I are coming back with them, and will work with them for now on. We all chat excitedly as we make our way to LAX airport.

We board our plane, sitting in first class. I take a window seat, with Dongho next to me, and Hoon on his other side, Maria sat by the window in front of me, with Kevin next to her, and Soohyun next to him. Kiseop took the window seat behind me, with Eli next to him, and AJ next to him. We are all told to turn our phones and other electronics either off or on airplane mode, as we start to take off.

I watch the ground disappear as we ascend into the clouds. Through our whole flight we talked, giggled, played little games such as Rock, Paper, Scissors and the Frying Pan Game, and took naps.

 

As we land, I wake up laying on Dongho with him playing with my phone. "What are you doing?" I tease.
"I was taking pictures and playing games." He giggled mischievously.
"Let me see." I say, gesturing for my phone. He hands it to me. I unlock it to see my wallpaper had been changed to a picture of him winking at my phone's camera with a kissy face. "You're so silly." I say, poking his cheek while we both giggled. We unboard the plane and into the airport to go and find our luggage. Everything here is in Korean. I am now a part of a minority. It really hits me that I am in South Korea. We grab our luggage and the manager leads us to a limo waiting for us just outside the airport.

We drive past many tall buildings that make up downtown Seoul, and we stop in front of a tall building with Hangul signs. The manager gets out first, and we all soon follow, and follow into the building. "Welcome to NH Media girls." He says as we walk through the lobby adorned with plants of different kinds. We pass a young woman sitting behind the front desk as she stands up and bows to us with a smile. I slightly bow as I pass by her. We get to a elevator and are lead in by the manager. We go up and stop on the top floor, and we start walking down a long simple hallway that leads to a room at the end. The manager tells us to wait a minute as he opens the door, walks in, and closes it back behind him.

"Are you nervous about meeting the CEO of NHM?" Dongho asks me.
"A little. What is he doesn't like us?" I whisper. My excitement has undiminished, and has now turned into worry.
"Don't worry. He'll love you." He tells me gently as he pulls me into a hug and kisses my hair. I instantly feel like a weight has been lifted.
"Thank you so much. I really feel better." I say into his neck.

 

We pull out of our hug just as the manager opens the door and tells us to come in. We walk into a huge room with large library-style bookshelves covering the walls, filled with books in different languages. We walk to the back of the room, and sit in chairs in front of a extremely neat and organized desk. A man in his middle thirties in a very expensive looking black business suit sits in a nice brown suede chair just behind the desk. "Hello. You must be Caitlin and Maria. Welcome. I am the CEO of NH Media. My name is Mr. Kim. Nice to meet you." He stand up to shake both of our hands. "I've heard so much about you. You seem to be very special." We both start blushing. "So, Mr. Shin, what exactly did you have in mind for these two lovely girls?" Hearing him say that caused us to blush even harder.
"Well, Mr. Kim CEO, I thought that if we could find some girls to match these two's fiery charisma and talent, we could make a girl group that would be a force to be reckoned with." He didn't seem nervous about this at all. He was very confident.
"Interesting. Please, do go on."
"If we can find some girls from other nationalities and races, we could really appeal to the world's audience. We can reach out and grab attention from many more places around the world. We could have them each become fluent in certain languages, and appeal to those audiences as well. We can have them each learn all of those languages, but have one of the members be absolutely fluent in that language. We could appeal to the world by doing this. Of course the largest amount of songs we produce for them will be in Korean, but we could produce songs in Mandarin Chinese, English, Japanese, Thai, Spanish, French, Arabic, etc. We could really reach out to the whole world. Were these two girls are of different races already, if we get a few more girls of different races, we could reach the far corners of the globe and make them like them."
"Very interesting and well thought out, Mr. Shin. Pardon me asking, but what ethnic group are you girls?" He leans in, studying Maria and I closely.
"I am Egyptian. Both of my parents are Egyptian, and I was born in California and moved to England." Maria tells him sheepishly.
"And you?" He looks me in the eyes.
"I am a mix. I am predominantly white, which for me is a mix of many ethicities including British, Welsh, Irish, German, and Scottish. I also have some blood from the Native American tribe Cherokee in me, my dad's grandmother was Cherokee." I surprisingly said all of that with confidence. I really hope I didn't sound too full of myself.
"VERY interesting indeed. I like your idea, Mr. Shin. Now, to see if these two girls have what it takes to make it in this industry. I ask you all to please wait outside while Maria sings a few songs for me. I will call Caitlin in when she is done. Afterwords I would like Maria to come back in for them both to dance and sing a song together." We all get up and walk out of the room and close the door. Thankfully there were chairs just outside of Mr. Kim CEO's room.

 

We sit in wait for almost 7 minutes. The door finally opens and Maria pops out with a huge smile on her face. "It went well?" I ask.
"Yes! Your turn!" She pulls me out of the chair and pushes me into the door, closing it behind me. I walk through the room and sit in one of the chairs in front of Mr. Kim CEO's desk again.
"I've heard that you have quite the voice." He says teasingly.
"Thank you, but I don't think I'm all that good."
"We'll just have to see then, shall we? I would like you to start out with singing."
"Okay. I think I will start out with Blue by BIGBANG. I will raise the pitch a few octaves because I have a soprano voice."

 

I finish the song with Mr. Kim CEO having a smile on his face. "Very good. Good pronunciation. Do you speak any Korean?"
"Just a small amount. I don't know that much Korean. I am better at Mandarin Chinese."
"You can speak Mandarin Chinese? That's phenomenal!" He gasped.
"The next song I will perform is The Moon Represents My Heart by Teresa Teng. I love this song so much. It's one of my favorite Chinese songs."

 

I sing the last note and he is clapping. "Great! They all were right when they said you had a voice on you." He winked. I really liked his laid-back attitude. "What will you sing next?"
"Actually, Mr. Kim CEO, I would like to show off rapping this time. I will perform Two Moons by EXO-M."

 

I finish by imitating Kris' "I'm good~ Hehehe~", and Mr. Kim CEO's eyes were glittering. "I am really happy that you both have so much talent. I am glad that Mr. Shin came up with his brilliant idea. Now, to see how well you both sing together. Call her in, in you please." I go to the door and motion for Maria to come in. I close the door after she passes through the threshold and we both take a seat in front of him. "I would like for you both to sing a song for me, together." Maria and I look at each other and nod.

 

We finish our acapella version of 0330 by our new close friends, and soon to be co-workers, U-KISS. Mr. Kim CEO is smiling warmly. "VERY good girls! You are making me proud already, and you haven't even debuted yet!" He chuckles.
"Please, show me how well you both dance." We both look at each other, and nod once more.

 

We dance Man Man Ha Ni by U-KISS, which just so happens to be our specialty, and I Am The Best by 2ne1. By the look on his face, he seems very happy. "Great work, the both of you. You may now bring the others back in. I have come to a decision." Maria gets up and goes to the door, and returns with the boys and Mr. Shin. I kind of feel bad that I never got around to learning their manager's name until now, even thought it was him that got us here. "I have some to a decision concerning these two lovely girls. They will start tomorrow as trainees in this company. We will start the search for the other members that they with both be debuting in a group with. They shall each continue learning languages with a tutor that I will assign. I will find them both a personal tutor, and let them meet their tutors tomorrow. For the time being, they both will be tutored by different tutors, to give them more focus during lessons. Maria will start being tutored in Japanese, Korean, and French. She will also be tutored to learn how to read and write in Arabic. Caitlin will be tutored to give her greater knowledge in both Korean and Chinese, and she will start learning Japanese and Thai. Please give them both your love and support. You may now show them to their dorm room Mr. Shin."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

BAM!!! Did you see that one coming?

This is the last update for a little bit. I'm not feeling too well..