Ch. 39

Priorities

 He starts skating after me, getting closer and closer. I start speeding up and trying to keep a safe distance, making sure not to run into the others in here with us. I slow down and come to a stop, and sliding out his grasp as his zooms past me. I giggle and he has a little trouble stopping and slips, nearly falling onto the ice. I giggle and skate over to him.
"
I'm sorry." I say with a giggle. He attacks me with a hug.
"
It's okay~" He giggles cutely. "I'm going to try to do some tricks~"
"
Don't die. That would make me very sad." I make a cute sad face. He giggles and cups my face in his hands.
"
Look who's being cute~" He giggles. I stop making the face and start giggling too. He skates a few feet away, and attempts to spin around, but ends up falling onto his . I giggle and come over to him. But when I try to help him up, he pulls me down too.
"
No fair! I was trying to help you. Meanie." I stick my tongue out at him and pout. He squeals and hugs me tightly.
"
You are lucky that you are so cute~" I tell him, giggling. We try getting up, and he ends up falling down again. I stand there on the ice and laugh.
"
You're a meanie now~" He pouts with a slight giggle. I giggle and grab his hands, pulling him back up into a standing position on the ice.
"
Am I a meanie now?" I stick my tongue out.
"
Yes~" He grabs my hand and starts skating, pulling me with him.

 

After skating around for about 3 hours, I am exhausted and hungry. We flag down another taxi and head out to Da Marco, the best Italian restaurant in Shanghai. I pay the driver and we get out, walking hand-in-hand into the restaurant. "Welcome to Da Marco. Do you have a reservation?" A young man just inside the door asked.
"
Yes. It's under the surname Lei." I tell him.
"
Here it is. Right this way, to a table for two." We follow him to the back of a large open brown hued room and we are seated at a table next to the window. He hands us both menus, and walks off.
"
Fancy." Lu Han says, making us both giggle. "What are you going to order?"
"
Hmm... I'm not sure. How about we share a starter dish? Which one do you want?"
"
I love mozzarella sticks!" He beams, eying the picture on the menu labeled 'mozzarella sticks served with a spicy tomato dip'.
"
I do to! Let's get that one." I scan over the soups and pastas sections on the menu. "It all looks and sounds so good~ But I think I'll get a bowl of Vegetable Soup."
"
That sounds good~ I think I want that too." He beams.
"
For the Main Dish, do you want to share again?"
"
Sure. I don't mind." He gives me a playful wink, making me blush like crazy.
"
Then you choose that~"
"
Hmmm... How does Veal Mushroom sound?"
"
Fantastic!" I exclaim happily. "Oh my gosh! I think I'm going to get chocolate ice cream for dessert, if I have enough room for it." We both giggle.

 

"Waiter~ We're ready to order now~" Lu Han calls. If I wasn't used to this custom of having to call for the waiter instead of the waiter coming to you like in America, I would be feeling really weird right now. Although I'm kind of glad that the Chinese have this custom. It's so much better than what I'm used to in the US. The waiters don't leave you alone long enough to enjoy your meal!

We order, and our mozzarella sticks come soon afterwords. We happily enjoy them while I laugh at Lu Han trying to be funny by putting two in his teeth to look like a walrus. "Han Yi, I love how you're not afraid to act like a dork when we're in the middle of a high-class restaurant." I say through my giggles. He giggles and starts eating them. When we finish, our soups come.
"
This is REALLY good~" He exclaims.
"
So good~" I agree.

 

Our Main Dish finally arrives, and I am so glad that we decided to split it. The Veal Mushroom was on a huge plate bigger than my head, and every inch of it was filled with the dish, except for a small space in between the outside rim of the plate and the food. We split it and start making jokes about how it was big enough to eat us both. When we finish, I don't think that I could eat any dessert. Lu Han sits there with the same look on his face as me: he wants to eat dessert, but there is no room. "How about when we aren't full, I make us some milkshakes or something?" I suggest, hoping that I can make him not feel regretful for not ordering dessert.
"
Oooo~ Sounds yummy~" He exclaims. I giggle and we call the waiter so we can get our bill. This time, Lu Han pays, even though we have a mini argument about who's going to pay. I just give into him, and let him pay the bill, because his cuteness could kill a person, literally.

 

We get into yet another taxi, and head 'home' to the hotel. I wonder what the boys are planning? They MUST be planning SOMETHING for them to have asked me if we were back at the hotel yet. Something is going to happen. I can feel it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I haven't updated this in a while... I've been negligent... Anyways, I really hope you enjoy~ :)