Ch. 9

Priorities

 

 After having some fun with the boys, dancing, singing, laughing, and just enjoying each others presence, we decided to call it a day. "I hate to have to run off, but I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to call it a day." I tell them.
"Yeah, I really wish I could stay too," Maria said, "But I'm really tired as well. We had so much fun with you guys today."
"And we did too." Kevin said, smiling widely. His eyes were glittering. "Right guys?"
"Yes!" They all chimed in unison. Dongho, to the side, remaining silent. But he seemed to have a slight smile on his face. I wonder what's wrong with him? Did we do something to him? Is it because we haven't said anything to him? I shake away that thought.
"Are you guys free tomorrow? We would both love it if we could hang out together. Maybe go and sight-see through Hollywood. If... you want to hang out with us.." I said softly, checking each of their faces to see how they would react.
"That sounds great! I think we would love too!" Kiseop exclaimed. His eyes were on me, shining like water in the moonlight on the night of a full moon.
"Really?" I was so happy I felt my eyes well up with tears as I asked, "You would?"
"Of course! We enjoy spending time with you two! You are really great!" He started blushing, and looking down at the floor. "You two are really different. It's not everyday that we meet people like you." Seeing him act like that was so adorable.
"Great! How about we meet up in the lobby in the morning. How does 10AM sound?" Maria asked.
"I think 10AM sounds great. We'll meet you there." AJ said happily.
"Thank you guys so much. You've been so kind to us. We are truly blessed." I say, feeling myself start turning red.
"Let's go. We need to get ready for bed." Maria said as she grabs my arm and starts gently pulling me out of the door.

 

I set down on our bed, in my oversized t-shirt and Soffee shorts, my hair pulled up in a ridiculously messy high bun, thinking about today's events. I hope I can make things good for all of us. He does make me nervous, but his silence is slowly killing me. Wait, did I just have a change of heart? No, I couldn't have.
"Did you see how Kevin acted around me?" Maria said excitedly. "I can't wait for tomorrow! I am SO glad you suggested that we go out and sight-see together." She seemed really happy about it. I smile to myself. I wonder how it will go? Only one way to find out.
"I'm going to bed now. I'm going to get up early in the morning. I think I'm going to dress up in that outfit you forced me to pack."
"Ooooooooooo. Which one are you trying to impress?" She said as she winked and nudged my side.
"No one. I just feel like looking nice, that's all." Or is it? I don't even fully understand why I feel like I should dress like that tomorrow.
"Sure." She winked again. I stick my tongue out at her and turn off the bed side lamp. She laughs, and we both try to get comfortable and go to sleep.

 

***The warm aroma of coffee wafts through the air. I am sitting on a stool at a table facing a foggy window. It's really nice and warm in here. I take a sip of my latte. Mmm~ Caramel with extra syrup and soy sweetener, my favorite.

I feel someone lay their head on my shoulder. I try to turn my head to see who it is, but I can't tell. I can't resist the urge to gently lay my head on theirs. This feels good. It gives me a really great warm feeling. They lift their hand up and start writing on the foggy window. It's in Chinese, but looks like a small child wrote it. This person obviously doesn't know Chinese very well. It says "Yue liang dai biao wo de xin".
"The moon represents my heart." Oh no. Not again. It can't be. Not now. "You sang it to me, and it was beautiful. You made me want to learn how to write it for you. I hope it's correct." He said sweetly.
"Yes." I smile. "It is correct. That's really sweet that you wanted to learn how to write that just for me."
"It was nothing really." I can feel the heat from his blushing on my shoulder.

 

I lift up my hand, and draw a heart on the foggy window just below his cute Chinese. Next to it, I write "Wo ai ni".
"What does that mean?" He asked, raising his head off of my shoulder to look into my eyes.
"Nothing." I say shyly. Feeling my face getting hot. I try to play it off by taking another sip of my latte.

 

He smiles at me knowingly, and takes a sip of his own coffee. This time, I lay my head on his shoulder. Coffee, and expensive cologne fill my lungs. He leans his head against mine. This has to be the most comfortable place in the world.***

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

This was a slow update...

Please forgive me!

I'll make up for it with a triple update~