Ch. 42

Priorities

 

After quite some time of crying, I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone grab my hand, gently lifting me up off of the grey concrete. I look up through my tears to see Eli leading me into the elevator. "It's okay now. Don't cry anymore." He coos soothingly. I throw myself into his chest and continue to cry.

 

We get into U-KISS' shared car, and he turns to me. "Are you okay?" He asks gently.
Through my sobs, I manage to get out, "... He... But... Why... I just.... Lu Han.... Why.....". He wraps me into his arms and starts gently rocking me.
"Shhhh. It's okay. Everything is fine now." I continue to cry into his shirt.

 

I wake up in my bed in a mess of my covers and stuffed animals. I manage to kick my way out and stand up, going into the bathroom to get a shower. I come out and throw on my pink Rilakkumma hoodie, dark blue skinny jeans, and purple high top skate shoes.

Putting on my makeup and pulling my hair into a half ponytail, I grab my phone and head out the door. I see Eli and Soohyun on the way to the lobby. "Hey. Are you okay now?" Eli asks, putting his arm around me. I nod and shrug his arm off, walking away towards the front door. "She must not be completely okay." I hear him say sadly as I pass through the door.

 

I enter SM and run as fast as I can to find Lu Han. I see him in the Dance Studio and run into his arms, making us both collapse onto the floor. I start tearing up again and shove my face into his shirt. "What's wrong, mei mei?!" Everyone says as they sit on the floor around us. I start mumbling into Lu Han's shirt that I'm sorry and that it wasn't my fault, and he gently my hair and tells me everything is fine and that he isn't mad at me. After about 20 minutes of sobbing into his shirt, I am finally able to semi-compose myself. I pull away from his shirt and start wiping my eyes.
"
What happened?" Lay asks.
"
I went to the set... He was angry... He started crying... And I started crying... And.... And...." I just can't tell them that he kissed me. That would break Lu Han's heart more than it broke mine.
"
What did he do?" Tao asks, getting closer. Tears start flowing down my cheeks again. Lu Han kisses my forehead and I start crying even harder.
"
It must have been bad.." Xiumin says, worried.
"
Alright. Let's go." Kris says as he stands up. He gestures for everyone else to get up. We all stand up and walk out the door and down the hallway to the elevator.

 

Still clinging to Lu Han with his arms around me, we enter NHM and go into the Vocal Training Room to find all of U-KISS in their practicing, including Dongho. "What did you do to Kai Lin?" Kris asked him, trying to keep calm.
"What do you mean? Did he do something wrong?" Kevin asked, looking worriedly from Dongho, to Kris, to me and to Lu Han.
"Yes. He did something that really upset Kai Lin, and we would like to know what it was, and why he did it." Kris told him, his voice slightly getting higher as his anger rises when we looks over to see me starting to tear up again.
Dongho starts getting a worried and ashamed look on his face. "Well... I..." He looks down at his feet.
"You, what?" Kiseop asked him.
"I.... Well.... She..."
"Come on and tell us!!" Kevin yells, not able to take it anymore.
"Well... When she went to China with them.... It really upset me... I was.. Well... I was jealous... And when she came back and I found out... About what happened... Between those two..." He gestured towards Lu Han and I, not look up from the floor. "I was... Well... Jealous... And seeing her come to see me at my photo shoot... I just couldn't take it anymore... And.. Well.. I lost control and........." He stuttered out, starting to cry again.
"You lost control and you what? You didn't hit her did you?!" Kris yelled, starting to boil over in anger.
"NO!!!! I would NEVER hit her!!! I just... Well... I couldn't get a hold on my emotions... And well I... Kissed her....." My heart dropped. Now they know. I drop to the floor and start crying my eyes out again, mumbling unintelligible words that weren't in Korean, English, Thai, Japanese, OR Chinese.
"
Kai Bao!" Lu Han drops down and hugs me tightly. He obviously doesn't understand what's going on..
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?" Kris roars, walking closer and closer to him, Tao and Xiumin holding him back. "She belongs to Lu Han!!!" He starts struggling to get out of their grip.
"I.... I..... I.... Couldn't help it...." He stuttered through his tears. The rest of U-KISS just stand there wide-eyed, while Dongho is sitting on the floor crying. I stand up and nod through my tears at Tao. EXO-M all take Kris out of the room, Lu Han slowly walked out, looking back at me with worried eyes.

 

I walk over to Dongho and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me and starts babbling about how sorry he is, and that he knows that it was wrong. He begs me to forgive him. I wrap my arms around him. "It's alright. It's alright. I'm not mad. You were just really emotional. It's okay. It's okay." I pet his hair and rock him. He cries even harder and grabs onto the sides of my hoodie.

 

After about 10 minutes, he's calmed down enough for me to go outside and talk to the boys from EXO-M. "Is everything okay?" Lu Han asks me worriedly as he comes over to put his arms around my waist.
"
Yes. Everything is fine. Kris? Are you okay?" I ask, looking over Lu Han's shoulder at Kris sitting on the floor with his back against the wall. He seemed to have calmed down quite a bit.
"
Yeah. I'm sorry that I flipped out. It just really got to me that he would do that.." He looked up, pain filled his eyes. "I was worried that it would really hurt Lu Han..."
"
You aren't mad, are you?" I turn to Lu Han, paniced.
"
No. He cares about you, so I understand why he would have done that." Was there a hint of pain in his voice?
"
Han Yi, I'm so sorry." I say, starting to tear up again.

He pulls me into a hug. "Shhhhh. It's okay. I'm not upset." He coos, my hair.

 

I pull away and take his hand, pulling him down the hallway and into the recording studio. I close the door behind us, seeing as we were alone. "Han Yi? Can I tell you something?" I look into his eyes. Am I seeing things, or is there small bit of pain in his eyes? What have I done?
"
Yes, anything." He comes closer to me. I pull him down to the floor with me as I sit down.
"
You mean everything to me. Okay? Dongho means a lot to me too, but you mean more to me than him. Don't let what happened bother you. I really care about you." I looked deep into his eyes, searching for any sign of the pain fading away.
"
I know you do." He says gently, brushing a strand of hair away from my face.
"
I.... I....."
"
You.. What?" He asks, curiosity, worry, and concern flashing across his face.
"
I....... Love you."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Yes, I just HAD to leave you at that. I'm sure a mean author, aren't I?

I love you guys even though I'm mean~ <3