Ch. 7

Priorities

"Hi!" One of them said. He was quite tall. He had blonde hair, really pretty brown eyes that glitter in the light. He was well built, and very handsome.

"Hi." I say with a warm smile. I turn back around because the elevator door opened and a group of people walked out passed us. We get into the elevator. "Oh my Lord Maria. Are they here to perform at the festival?" I whisper in her ear.
"I hope so!" She excitedly whispered back.
"Oh gosh," I thought, "having to see him is really awkward after dreaming about him."

"Caitlin, are you okay? You look like you're going to faint." Maria had a worried look in her eyes.
"I'm fine. I just need to get to our room and sit down."

 

The boys were in the elevator with us chatting happily. I hope that they don't start talking to us. I don't think I could say anything to them after.. "What floor are you getting off at?"
"Huh? I'm sorry, I was off in my own world." Oh gosh. Why me?
"It's okay. I asked you what floor you're getting off at." This was a different one. This one was taller than the blonde one. He had darkish brown hair, and a accent. He obviously wasn't from here. It was kind of cute to hear him talk.
"Oh." I laughed. "We're getting off in the 40th floor."
"That's the same floor we're getting off on!" He said with a smile.
"Great!" I smiled back. Just. Great. Looks like avoiding them won't be as easy as I had hoped.

 

The elevator stopped on the 40th floor. Exactly our stop. "Ladies first." A shorter, light brown haired, slim one said sweetly. He was adorable, and absolutely flawless. Well, to be brutally honest they all were flawless.
"Thank you." Maria and I chimed in unison as we stepped out of the elevator and flashed them a smile.

 

We made our way down the hallway checking the room numbers on gold plaques next to every door we passed. "We must be getting close. What is our exact room number again?" Maria said, studying every number we passed.
"314. It should be around here somewhere. Oh here it is!" We stopped at the end of the hallway in front of a white door with a gold door handle. The gold plaque next to the door read "314".
"Well? What are we waiting for? Santa Claus?" She said as we both giggled. "Let's go."

 

We walk into a solid cream colored room. Nothing in the room wasn't cream colored. There was a black plasma screen TV hanging on the wall in the corner of the room. It seemed out of place amid everything in the room. "Wow! This room is so pretty! You wouldn't expect to find this cream colored room from the solid white hallway."
"It is really pretty. It's different. But I like it. I can tell we're going to enjoy it here." I smiled at her.
"Can you believe we met U-KISS?! I think I'm going to die!!! They look even more handsome in person!! And they were so nice. They seemed to really like us." I can tell she was extremely happy about this. I, on the other hand, was not happy. I am really worried. Why was I dreaming about one of their members? He didn't even look at me once..
Heck, why am I even caring about this? I really need to stop thinking about this. I am here for the Korean Music Festival, and to spend time with Maria.
"That was weird that we met them wasn't it?"
"You're not even the least bit excited? Girl, we just met U-KISS and rode in a elevator with them, and all you can say is 'That was weird that me met them'? Are you sick? Is there something wrong with you?" She seemed sincerely shocked.
"Well.. no. They are just normal people, just like us."
"Oh come on. What's wrong? Before I came here to visit you a few days ago, you would have died to see U-KISS. And suddenly, it's like you don't even care. What's wrong? Did something happen?" Worry flashed on her face now.
"It's nothing.. Look, I just need some sleep. I think I'll go to bed early. Don't go wondering around the hotel in search of them. We already have a good first impression on them, you wouldn't want to ruin it. Good night, and don't stay up too late. We need to wake up in the morning."
"Oh... Okay.. If you don't want to talk about it.. Good night.." She seemed disappointed. Hmm... Maybe I will tell her about my dreams tomorrow. I need to think about what to say so she doesn't think I'm a lunatic.

 

I lay down on my cream colored bed, still thinking about today's events. Oh why does things always happen to me? First, dreaming about an idol that doesn't even know me, and quite frankly me not knowing him, or realizing I was dreaming about an idol until watching TV with Maria. He was so sweet, and he looked different than he did on stage. He looked genuinely happy, and seemed like he wouldn't rather be any other place in the world than with me. Oh, what am I doing? Stop it. He didn't even glance at you today. All of the other members at least smiled at us. He didn't even take a curious glance... Why am I even caring? I don't need any guy.

 

***"The night sky looks beautiful tonight. I don't think I've ever seen it so beautiful." It's him again. We're sitting on the grass next to this pond that glitters beautifully in the moonlight. He turned to me to see me gazing at the moon mesmerized. Wow. I don't even think the moon looks like this during the Moon Festival. So gorgeous.
"Sitting here with you looking at the moon makes me finally realize the feeling Teresa Teng was talking about in her song 'The Moon Represents My Heart'. I always thought I understood it, but now I truly do understand." I smile warmly at him. I saw how he was thinking about what I had just confessed. I turned and started staring at the moon again.
He seemed to come to a resolve in his thoughts. "Would you sing it to me?"
"What?" I was shocked. ME sing to HIM? I couldn't. I'm not a professional like he is.
"Yes. If it's not too much trouble, I would like you to sing it to me. I've never heard the version by Teresa Teng. Could you sing it to me?" He smiled sweetly. He really wants me to sing to him. I feel like my heart is going to burst.
"O-okay. I'll try. Excuse my pronunciation, and if I'm off a little bit. I'm kind of nervous, and I'm not the best at Chinese. But I'll sing it for you." I inhale deeply. And turn my head towards the moon, to let Chang'e and her love for Houyi give me power.
"Ni wen~ Wo ai ni you duo shen~ Wo ai ni you ji fen~ Wo de xing de zhen~ Wo de ai de zhen~ Yue liang dai biao wo de xin....."***

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Yet another chapter~ Hopefully you guys like this~

I love you guys! <3