Ch. 2

Priorities

I jolt awake to find that I am sitting in the airport. "Oh.. I was dreaming..." At that moment my stomach growled. "Looks like after dreaming about food I've gotten hungry.. I hope she unboards soon." I can't get that boy's face out of my head. Who was he? And what was he to me? Hmm.. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much. People have dreams all the time about people whom they've never met in their life.

 

At that moment, I see her. Wow, she looks so good! She looks different that the last time I've seen her. I get up and start walking over to her. "Hi Maria! It's been a while hasn't it?" I say to her as I walk up.

 

"Wow, Caitlin! You look great! How long has it been?" She laughed. "It seems like forever!"
"I think that's how long it has been." We both giggle.

 

We start walking through the airport and get into my car. "Nice car! You didn't have that the last time I visited you!"
I chuckled. "That's because I didn't go to Uni when you visited me last. And I got this now that I moved here to LA."
"Oh yeah, that's right. You're going to UCLA now, right?"
"Yeah," I laughed, "I wish I could have gone to the University of Toronto. But I didn't have enough money to renew my visa every year."

 

We pull into the parking lot at my apartment, and I get out and start getting her bags to carry them in for her. "Wow! You never told me you lived in Chinatown! It's so nice here. Very peaceful and beautiful."
"Thank you. I chose here because it gives me a chance to practice my Chinese, and it's cheaper to live here than in most places here in LA. And I like how it feels and looks here. Plus, when I feel like it I can go to Koreatown or Japantown whenever I feel like it. It's really great." I tell her.
"Wow! Lucky you! Can we go sometime before I have to go back?"
"Yes! Actually, I was planning on taking you anyway. I knew you'd want to go." I laugh. "It will be a few days until the festival, so we can stay here in my apartment until the day we should check into our hotel. I loved the Wilshire when I first came to the festival when I was still in high school, so I wanted to stay there again, even though I live here in LA now." She laughed as I set the rest of her luggage down just inside the door, and closed it behind me.
"I haven't stayed in the Wilshire before. Is it pretty?" She asked while looking through all of the stuff I had laying around.
"Oh yes. It is gorgeous! One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in!" I said, as I was beginning to take her stuff up to our room. She followed me upstairs with the last of her bags. The stairs were freshly cleaned. The white carpet that covered them have never looked so clean since I first moved there. I had called up my uncle and asked him what to clean them with to make them look the best, since I had a guest coming over, even if it were just for a few days until we left to stay in the Wilshire.

 

I had tried hard to clean my apartment to make it look decent and presentable, even though I don't usually worry that much about it. I don't usually have people come over. And I've never been the cleanest girl either. Which is supposedly 'abnormal' for a girl, but what else can you expect from a girl who was practically raised by her father on her uncle's farm while her mother was working in as a certified nurse's assistant all day. Growing up like that left me not really caring that much about cleanliness.

 

I started unpacking some of her stuff and putting them in their rightful places in the dresser and chest-of-drawers next to my closet. She had some pretty clothes. But nothing I would ever wear. You see, Maria is more 'girly' than I am. She preferred to wear pretty blouses and shorts with 'Jesus Sandals' as I call them. On the other hand, I preferred to wear hoodies, graphic t-shirts, skinny jeans, and converse or some awesome skate-shoes. She had long pretty dark brown/black hair that she had treated with Henna to make it have a reddish tint in the sun, and her bangs cut, I had shoulder length hair with about every shade of blonde in it you can think of, that was cut in choppy layers with side-swept bangs. I liked to pull my hair back into a half-ponytail, leaving the front and a little bit of the sides down, but my hair was a little short, so some hair in the back didn't stay up. But it still looked good to me.

 

She loved makeup. She thinks that she looks like a 'dead fish' without it, of course I tell her otherwise. I am somewhat jealous of how pretty she is, even though she doesn't think she is. I anyway, wore some make-up. But mostly just some BB Cream(the REAL BB Cream, because it is amazing and I don't like to wear heavy make-up or foundation, so it's perfect), some black eyeliner(I think it makes my green eyes really stand out. I like to wear a thin top eyelid line that wings out a little on the side. I like that it makes my eyes look bigger when I do that), and some black mascara. Sometimes I am lazy, and just put on mascara and BB Cream. Enough about my thoughts, I need to finish unpacking for her
so we can go out.

"I never looked through your closet before. It's very different than I expected."
"What do you mean?" I was somewhat puzzled.
"I mean that I expected more girlish things in here. If I didn't know this was your closet, at first glance in it I would expect a boy to live here. But there are some girly things, like this purple Hello Kitty t-shirt, and this pink Rilakkumma hoodie. Oh, you have some pretty pairs of heels! From looking at the rest of your closet, I never expected to see heels."
"Yeah.. I have a few dresses in the back of my closet, and sometimes I like to wear a pair of heels with a pair of my skinny jeans. I have a few shirts in there somewhere that I usually wear with them." I say, feeling a little awkward after her saying I dress like a boy.
"I see them. They're cute. I think the heels would go better with more fancy looking shirts than these three. Maybe I can alter them to look prettier. Would you mind if I did?"
"No. I guess I wouldn't." This was getting really awkward and weird. I didn't like her criticizing me. But I guess I do need a little criticizing every once in a while. And I have felt like I need to make my clothes look a little more like what a girl would wear, and a little less like what a boy would wear. But only a few outfits. I love my personal style. It's who I am.

 

We make our way through the Koreatown Plaza after eating our fill at Cafe La Boheme, arguably the best American style restaurant in LA. We just got out of M & J, Maria making me go in and buy some blouses that would 'go well' with my heels. How fancy and pink they were made me feel like I could throw up. "Oh my gosh! This is so pretty!" She said, while gesturing towards a necklace in the jewelry store called Vendome. It was silver with a pretty sea-foam green gem in the center of the pendant. It was really pretty. I thought it would look great on her, and match her olive skin tone really well. And from the way she was looking at it with her shining eyes, she really wanted it.

 

I walked into the store, while she was still standing there looking at the necklace. "How much much is that necklace?" I asked the young clerk, as I gestured towards the necklace Maria was falling
head-over-heels for.
"You can have that one for $250. We have a sale going on right now. Normally that necklace is priced at $400." She said to me as she was turning away from looking at Maria mesmerized by the necklace in the display by the window, with the typical smile of someone trying to sell you something.
"I'll take it then." I said returning her smile warmly as I gave her exactly $250.
"Thank you for shopping with us." She called after me as I walked out the door with a little black box with a tiny pink bow on the top.
"Here. This is for you." I handed Maria the box, smiling widely.
"What is this?" She asked as she started to open the box. Her eyes widened and then started sparkling like they did when she was looking at that same necklace in the display. "Why? You didn't have to. It was probably so expensive! I didn't do anything to deserve this!" She was going back and forth between looking at me and the necklace inside the box she was holding.
"I saw how you were looking at that necklace in the display. I thought you should have that necklace. It seemed like that necklace belonged to you by the look you had in your eyes. And it wasn't that expensive. They had a sale going on. And it's nothing. I was happy to buy it for you." I was smiling at her. She came up and hugged me tightly.
"Thank you. You are truly a great friend. I will repay you somehow, I promise."
"No need. Don't worry about it. It was my pleasure to buy it for you."

We went into Fancy House(Le Cards) to buy some new cute things. I bought some new pens with Hello Kitty and some of my idols on them. Maria bought a U-KISS key chain, and a Angry Birds stuffed animal that she thought was cute.

 

After leaving the store, we immediately headed for The Music Plaza. The Music Plaza is a Kpop lover's heaven. Except no idols are in there, only posters, T-shirts, headphones, CD's, DVD's, and the like are in there. I haven't bought anything from there for a while now, so I bought some new posters of NU'EST, JYJ, 2PM, and B.A.P, a few CD's I was too lazy in the past to get, and a new pair of blue headphones. Maria went crazy because it was her first time in this store, and bought a whole bunch of stuff of various artists. The cashier thanked us as we left with shopping bags in tow.
 

We stopped into Beauty Concerto and stocked up on makeup and BB Cream, as we were both running a little low on a few things in our makeup supplies.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Well this chapter was kind of boring, eh?

Don't worry, it'll get more entertaining soon. I promise~