Ch. 41

Priorities

 

I walk in and everyone instantly stops what they're doing and run up to give me a hug. "Caitlin!!" Kiseop squeals, hugging me tightly.
"How was China?" Eli asks. Dongho is missing out of the group.
"It was fantastic!! I had so much fun!!" I exclaim, hugging him. He chuckles. "By the way, where's Dongho?"
"He's at a photo shoot for Elle Magazine." Hoon answers.
"You're going to tell us all about it, right?" Maria asks with a mischievous smirk. She somehow knows that something had happened while I was there, I can feel it. Well, I can't expect anything less from my best friend.
"Of course I am!!" I squeal, attacking her with a huge hug.

 

I sit down and tell them everything that had happened, from the first day at the museum and Nanjing Yu, to the last day of us packing. I skip over the parts about me and Lu Han, hoping no one would ask about it, but of course, Maria knew SOMETHING was up and immediately asked if that was all that happened. I start blushing like crazy and she squeals.
"I KNEW IT!!! TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME!!!!" She yells, running up in front of my seat on my suitcase. I giggle, and then start shifting my feet nervously.
"What happened?" Soohyun asks, looking a little worried.
"Well.... Ummm.... You see......" I just can't seem to tell them.
"Come on, you can tell us." Maria pries.
I sigh. "Well, if something bad happens because I tell you guys, it's not my fault.."
"Nothing bad will happen." Maria tells me softly.
"That's what you think.." I mumble. I sigh again, and start telling them exactly what had happened between Lu Han and me.

"OH MY GAHHH!!!! YOU'RE DATING LU HAN?!?!?!?!" Maria squeals loudly, jumping about and flailing everywhere.
"You're what?" AJ asks, shocked. I nod sheepishly.
"Oh boy.." Kevin says. All of U-KISS have a odd mix of emotions on their faces. They seem genuinely happy for me, but then they seem a little disappointed, and also worried.
"What? What's the big deal?" I ask, trying to get someone to tell me what's wrong with it. They all sigh.
"Dongho's not going to like this.." Soohyun says, with a sad and worried look on his face.
"But why not?" I'm confused.

 

After we all sit there awkwardly for about 20 minutes, I get up and start walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" Kiseop asks me.
"I'm going to see Dongho. He's probably still awfully mad at me, but I don't care. I want to see him." I turn the knob and walk out.

I start down the elevator, and I get a text message. I look at my phone to see it's from Lu Han. 'Are you busy?', I message back, 'I was just heading out on an errand. Do you need something?'. He replies 'Is it too urgent to meet me for a minute?', 'I guess not. Where?', 'Meet me in the special garden next to SM~ Pleeeeeaasseee~'. I giggle at my phone, making the lady at the front desk in NHM to look at me in curiosity. I message back, 'Okay~'.

 

I arrive at SM, and head to the garden to the left of the building, just like Lu Han asked me to. I wonder around all of the flowers and plants, and eventually come to a opening in the center of the garden with a fountain and a bench. Lu Han stands up off the bench, and grabs my hand, pulling me over to sit next to him. "What is this about?" I giggle.
"
I wanted to give you something." He says sweetly, opening his jacket to take a small pink box out of a inside pocket.
"
What's this?" I ask, both flattered and shocked.
"
It's something that I picked up for you while we were in China without you knowing." He blushes. I open up the box and gasp. It was a gold necklace with three charms on it: the Traditional Chinese character for 'love', the English word 'Love', and a small circle with a heart on it.
"
It's gorgeous Han Yi!!" I squeal, hugging him and kissing his cheek. He gestures towards the box, and I hand it to him. He gently takes the necklace out, and I turn around. He puts it on me, and I turn back around to face him. He was blushing really hard. I start blushing with him as he closes his eyes and starts leaning towards me. My heart starts beating faster and faster as I close my eyes as well. Our lips touch and I feel as if I have died and gone to heaven. After a few seconds we pull back for breath, still blushing.
"
I just want to tell you, that you mean the world to me. I couldn't imagine anyone better for me than you. Kai Bao, it would make me extremely happy if you would do me the honor and be my girlfriend?" My heart skips about 7 beats. I nod, and my lip starts quivering as tears of happiness start rolling down the sides of my cheeks. He stands up and jumps around a bit, and sits back down to hug my tightly. "You won't regret it. I will do everything I can to protect you." He whispers into my ear.

 

After a few minutes, we pull apart and he gently wipes the tears from my face. He kisses me sweetly, making my heart flutter. He then stands up, and offers me his hand. I gratefully accept it, and we start walking through the garden.

 

As we come to the entrance, he goes into the parking lot and lets me into the passenger seat of EXO-M's shared black Kia Soul. He gets into the drivers seat, and starts it up. "Where are you supposed to be going for your errand?"
"
Elle Magazine's Seoul Headquarters."
"
Oooo~ Has the CEO of NHM already set you up for a photo shoot?" He winks.
I giggle. "
No, Mr. Kim CEO hasn't set up anything for me yet. I'm going there to meet Dongho. He doesn't know I'm back yet, so I thought I would be nice and surprise him on the set of his photo shoot with a cake."
"
How sweet." He giggles. "What bakery are you getting the cake from?"
"
I never really had planned a bakery." I giggle, thinking that I must seem like such an idiot for not thinking about WHERE I was going to get the cake from.
He chuckles. "
Don't worry, I know just the place."

 

We arrive at a little family run bakery with a sign out front with an English store name, 'Soul Bakery'. I giggled at the pun that the name of the bakery made. Lu Han gave me a confused look. "Soul Bakery sounds just like Seoul Bakery. The English word 'soul' means kind of like your life essence, and the name of this city, 'Seoul', sounds exactly the same as 'soul' when said in English." His confusion slowly fades away as he begins to understand what I am trying to say. He starts giggling too. I giggle again at his late reaction. We go in and come back out with a chocolate cake with a heart and some stars on it in white icing.

 

We pull up in front of the Elle Magazine building and he stops the car. "Are you sure that you don't want me to wait on you? I can take you back if you want." He says as I unbuckled my seat belt.
"
I'm sure. I think I'll just ride with him back." I say with a smile.
"
Okay~ But if you need me, be sure to call me, okay?" He put one of his hands on the side of my face. I put my free hand on top of it.
"
Okay~ I will~" I kiss his cheek and get out.

 

I get to Elle Magazine's Seoul Headquarters, and head inside. A woman greets me at the counter in the lobby. "Can I help you?"
"
I am here to surprise my friend that's having a photo shoot done right now. His name is Shin Dongho." Thankfully all of the time I have spent with EXO has made my Korean get better.
She nods. "
Fourth floor." I nod to her and head to the elevator. I arrive on the fourth floor into a huge open room, cameras, equipment, props, and everything else that could possibly be used for a photo shoot are lying about the room. I look to the back of the room to see Dongho doing come cute poses and a cameraman taking tons of pictures. I walk through the room and stand over to the side and out of the way.

 

After a few minutes, Dongho glances over at me and then has to take a double-take. His face turns from the fake happiness he had to put on for the photo shoot, to pain and anger. Seeing the focus of his photo shoot look uneasy, the photographer turns to look at me. Dongho storms off the set, making the him jerk his head to look in his direction. I immediately feel a pain inside my heart. I sit the cake down on a table, and hurry after him.

 

When I finally catch up to him, we are on the roof. "Dongho, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this?" I ask, worried.
"Why didn't you listen to me? Why did you go to China with them?" His back was to me, his voice was full of a mixture of pain and anger.
"Because I didn't see a problem with it. It was a harmless trip to China. I had a lot of fun, and I got to go to a museum and an aquarium-" He interrupted me.
"But you went with them." He turned to face me now. His eyes were welling up with tears.
"Dongho, I'm sor-"
"Do you love him?"
"What?"
"Do you love him?" His face was full of pain as tears filled his eyes.
"What do you mean? Do I love who?"
"Lu Han. Hoon called after you left the dorms and told me everything." He was crying now.
"Oh..." I am going to have to kill Hoon later. "Dongho, I do like him, yes. But what's wrong? Why aren't-" Was all I got out before his lips crashed into mine. He put his hands on the sides of my face to keep me from pulling away. I try pushing him away, my heart beating so fast that I am afraid that I'm going to have a heart attack, but I fail against his strength. I quit struggling as he pulls away, and I drop to the ground. I sit there wide-eyed from shock, looking at the grey concrete below me.

 

What just happened? Did he just.. KISS me? Oh Shisus. What's going on? Tears start pouring down my face as I start a sobbing. I look up to see Dongho leaning against a concrete wall, tears pouring down his face. I want to get up to comfort him, but all I can do is sit there on the concrete and cry.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I couldn't resist getting back into the drama~ ;D

Enjoy~