Ch. 40

Priorities

 

We step out of the taxi and almost fall onto our faces on the sidewalk. It has gotten even more slippery since this morning from all of the snowing. I shiver and Lu Han puts his arm around me. I happily sink into him and take in his warmth. I will never understand why boys are always so warm.

 

We get back to our hotel room, and stand outside, just by the door, trying to listen and see if we can hear anything from the others. It was silent, and the lights seemed to be out. "That's weird." Lu Han mouths to me. "It's almost 9pm and they aren't here." He says aloud and gives me a wink. He's onto them just as much as I am.

 

We walk into the door and close it behind us, turning on the light. I squeal as I see all of them standing just inches in front of us with extremely happy and mischievous faces. "Surprise!" They exclaim, hugging us both.
"
Surprise? For what?" We both ask in curiosity.
"
We knew you two were going to go out on your first REAL date today, so we planned something special for the both of you when you got back." Chen tells us. Kris disappears into the kitchen, and returns with a chocolate ice cream cake that says 'We love you~ <3'. I squeal and give all of them tight hugs.
"
You are SO lucky that we didn't decide to get dessert at Da Marco." Lu Han says with a chuckle. We all dig in and finish the cake, then lay around watching TV until we fall asleep.

 

I wake up feeling both happy and sad that this is our last day in China. I sit up and look around. Everyone is still asleep. I look next to me at Lu Han sleeping cutely on his back with his mouth open. I giggle and poke his stomach. He slightly stirs and turns to his side, closing his mouth. I lay back down and grab his arm, pulling it around me. He brings his other arm around me almost immediately and I happily sink into his arms, quickly falling back asleep.

 

I wake up again, but this time I am already sitting up. Lu Han has his arms around me, and my head is resting on his chest. Everyone is sitting either on the couch, or in the floor, Lu Han and I were on the floor, it was kind of our norm. They were all tentatively watching some variety show on the TV. I raise my head off of Lu Han's chest to look up at him. He notices that I've woken up, and kisses my forehead. "Good morning~" He says happily.
"
Good morning~" I say back, cupping my hand over my mouth as I yawn, my eyes watering. He giggles, kisses my forehead again, and goes back to watching TV. I lay my head back on his chest and close my eyes, listening to his heartbeat.

 

After the variety show went off air, everyone starts either being lazy and sitting there, or starting to pack to head back to Seoul. Lu Han and I were one of the lazy ones, and stole Kris and Lay's seats on the couch. We sit there talking about random things for about 30 minutes, until Kris finally makes us get up and start packing. I shove everything into my suitcase and take it to sit it next to the couch, after I change clothes and get ready for the day. I sit on top of my suitcase and wait for the others. Tao comes out and sits in the chair beside me. "Are you excited to go back to Seoul?" He asks.
"
Kind of. I am happy to be going back, but going back means I won't be living with you guys anymore, and I won't be able to spend all day with you.." I say with a sad expression.
"
It's okay Kai Lin-mei mei!" Tao says, giving me a hug. "You still have one week of vacation left. You can come and stay with us at SM for as long as you like."
"
You mean it?" I ask, feeling super happy. He nods, and I grab him into another hug.

 

I decide to text Maria to tell her that we are heading to the airport to get on the plane, and that she should be expecting us to arrive soon. We sit through what seems like an extremely short plane ride and arrive back in Seoul. After a week in China, it seems odd to see Hangul everywhere and for everyone to be speaking Korean around us. I tell the boys this and they chuckle. "You get used to the feeling after a while." Kris tells me. We walk a short distance and find a limo waiting for us.
"
Fancy~" I say, sitting in between Lu Han and Lay.

 

We arrive at NHM first. I get out and grab my suitcase. The boys follow suit, but don't get their suitcases. We enter NHM and go up the elevator to the dorms, and I stop in front of my room. I turn around to show the boys that I want them to by quiet, with my index finger on my lips. They nod and I put my ear to the door. I hear Maria talking, and Kevin's giggles. I start silently giggling to myself.
"
I think U-KISS is in there too." I mouth to them. They all nod and look at each other, trying to decide if it would be a good idea to go in with me or not. They must have decided not, because Lu Han walks over and stands next to me as the others give me a hug and head towards the elevator. The elevator door closes and I turn to Lu Han. "I'm sorry that it has to be like this." I mouth, feeling really sad. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my hair. After a minute or two, we pull apart.
"
It's okay Kai Bao." He mouths back. "I will see you tomorrow. Okay?" I nod and kiss his cheek. He blushes and kisses my cheek, and runs off towards the elevator. I giggle at how cute he is, and turn my attention to the door and what lies ahead. I sure hope that Dongho isn't still mad at me. And I REALLY hope that no one is mad that I am now dating EXO-M's cute prince Lu Han. I grab my suitcase, take a deep breath, and turn the doorknob.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Finally another update~ Today will be a triple update, since I have three chapters ready for upload. :3