Ch. 12

Priorities

 

We step off the bus in our changed clothes, seeing the boys eying us. "Okay, we're done, so you guys can change now." Maria says, smiling at Kevin, making him blush and hide behind AJ, making AJ laugh.
"Well let's go so we can have fun!" Kiseop says as he jumps onto the bus like a child, making us all giggle at him.

 

The boys stay on the bus changing their clothes for almost 7 minutes, making Maria and I wonder just what they were doing in there. They finally come out, Kiseop being the first one off the bus, still acting like a small child, and running over to stand by me. "Are we ready to go?" I ask him.
"Yep! Let's go! To Santa Monica! Woo!" He exclaimed as he grabbed my hand pulling me in the direction of Santa Monica, making me blush wildly as Maria burst out laughing at me, walking next to Kevin as he laughed with her. I turned to stick my tongue out at her only to see Dongho in the back of our group with a angry expression on his face.
"What's eating at him?" I thought to myself. I decide to shrug it off and enjoy myself. Plus, Kiseop was still holding my hand. I wonder if he notices that he still is. He isn't pulling me anymore, we are just walking side-by-side now.

 

"There's the beach!" Eli exclaims as the whole group stands in awe.
"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Kiseop yells as he runs, pulling me behind him, making me laugh.

 

We all start a game of volleyball with a ball that a nice old man let us use. "You prepare yourself Soohyun! I am a boss at volleyball!" I yell at him across the net, causing Eli, Kevin, and Maria to laugh, but leaving the others standing there, not understanding what 'boss' meant, causing them to laugh even harder and me to join them. I was my team's captain, with Dongho, Kevin, and Kiseop as my teammates. Soohyun was his team's captain, with Maria, AJ, Eli, and Hoon as his teammates.
"What does 'boss' mean?" Soohyun asked Eli.
"In this case, it means that she is really good." He answered.
"Ohhhhhh." He said, smirking. "We'll just have to see, then."
"Bring it on!" Kevin exclaimed, then threw his hands over his mouth at his little outburst, causing all of us to burst out laughing. Soohyun serves, Dongho instinctively getting it and hitting it back over the net, Eli returning it back. Kiseop tries for a spike, but AJ dives for it, sending it back into the air, leading Maria to send it back over the net and in my direction. This time I decide to try my luck at setting up a surprise double team with a unknowing Kevin. I send it back towards Soohyun, anticipating him to send it towards Kevin, and he does, making my play fall into place. Kevin goes to hit it as I come up to push it straight up into the air, forcing him to spike it instead, leading us to a point. "Yes!!! Point for us!!!!" Dongho yells to the opposing team, obviously getting into the mood of the game. Whatever was bothering him earlier, he seems to have resolved.
"That was just luck!!" Hoon yells back at him.

 

The game goes on for some time. The score was now 10-8, with my team ahead. "My team is really boss at volleyball!" Kiseop exclaims, causing Kevin and me to crack up.
"I hate to ruin the moment, but Kiseop it should be 'My team is a real boss at volleyball'." Kevin tell him, still laughing.
"Oh. I was wrong. My team is a real boss at volleyball!!" He yells at the opposing team again, making Kevin and I laugh even harder.

 

We finish our game when the score reaches 15-14. "We won!!!! We won!!!! We won!!!!!!" Kiseop yells, running around like a energetic child once again.
"Good game guys! I haven't played like that in years!" Maria exclaims.
"It really was a great game." Soohyun says, we all agree.

 

We each decide to play around in the sand and water, being careful not to get our clothes too wet. Kevin and Maria decided to sit and try to make sandcastles, giggling to each other and telling jokes that only they seem to understand. Soohyun, and Hoon went to play around in the water, kicking water around and trying to make each other fall into the ocean. Kiseop sat next to Kevin and Maria with AJ, and watched Soohyun and Hoon. I decided to go for a walk in the water's edge on the beach, and decided to ask Dongho to go with me, so I can keep him from feeling left out. His face brightened as I asked him. He quickly agreed and off we went. He really seemed to be warming up to me. But he still seems a little distant. I wish he would start opening up more to me. "It's really pretty today. The water feels great, and everyone seems to be having a great time." I say with a smile, stepping slowly, trying to enjoy this as long as I can.
"Yeah. I'm glad everyone is having fun." He said, glancing back at the others, obviously checking to see if any of them were watching us.
"What's wrong? Are you afraid they'll see us together?" I ask jokingly, causing him to try to hide his face and the blush that covered it. "It's okay. They won't care. It's not like we don't catch them having fun with each other." I say with a wink, making him laugh.
"That is true. Maria and Kevin seem the be getting pretty close. I see them enjoying themselves a lot." He replied with a wink. We both start laughing. I kick some water and it get on the leg of his shorts. I laugh as he looks at it and then back at me. "I see. That's how you want to play?" He says playfully as he kicks to water at me, causing a large portion of my pants to get wet. He laughs as I kick some more water at him, this time it goes higher, making him look like he peed himself, causing me to laugh even harder as I start running away, anticipating another attack from him.

 

He takes off after me, but he is just as fast as I am, so he can't catch up with me. I run past tons of people, weaving through large beach umbrellas of various colors, tables, and chairs, in an attempt to outrun him. I take a route in an attempt to make it back to the rest of our group, in hopes that either they'll save me, or that he will be too tired to 'punish' me by the time we get back there.

 

I see them up ahead, Soohyun and Hoon now sitting with the rest in the sand. They all look over at me running towards them with Dongho in pursuit when AJ sees us and starts laughing. I see them say something to each other and then burst out laughing. I finally make it to them, and run a circle around them, stopping to see if Dongho was near. Too late.

 

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me to the ground, making us all laugh. "I finally got you!" He says as I giggle, struggling to get out of his grasp.
"Play nice you two." Kevin says as he and Maria giggle.
"She started it!" Dongho said as I almost get out of his grasp, but fail when Kiseop tickles my side causing me to lose my strength to get out of Dongho's arms.
"She's ticklish, huh?" Kiseop says with a playful smirk and I squirm to get away from not only Dongho, but now him. Eli grabs Kiseop and pulls him away as he starts tickling me again.
"Hey! I was just tickling her!" He said, pouting at Eli.
"It's not nice to team up on a girl." Eli said as he winked at me, making me giggle as I finally wiggle free from Dongho. I sit up trying to dust sand off of me and out of my hair. Dongho laughs at me when I resort to shaking my hair like a dog, sending sand flying at him and the others.

 

The sun begins to set, marking the end of a wonderful and fun time. "Aww.. Do we have to leave now?" Hoon said with a pouty face as we all sit and watch the sunset on the sand. It was a beautiful mix of orange and purple.
"Well... Actually, I was planning on us having fun on the pier. It's kind of like a mini carnival." I say shyly.
"Sounds like a great idea!" Kevin and Maria chime.
"Let's go then!" Kiseop said, jumping up and running towards the pier.
"Where does he get all of this energy?" I ask Soohyun, giggling.
"We don't know." He says chuckling.

 

Now, it's time to set my plan into action. Let's do this!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Sorry that I promised this update yesterday and just posted it...

Well, it's posted now, and it's a long chapter~ Woot woot~

*sprout dance swag*

*upgraded sprout dance swag*