Ch. 35

Priorities

"Where are we going?" I whisper to Lay. We are in a car going towards the center of Shanghai. I had woken up, and they told me to get ready. I had put on a nice looking baggy teal sweater with a tan bulky scarf, black skinny jeans, tan furry UGG boots that go up to just slightly below my knees, and a black fluffy beannie in preparation for today's weather- snow.

"We're going to rehearse for our TV appearance scheduled for tomorrow." He whispers back.

When we get to the television studio, we step out of the car in the snow. "It's so pretty!" I say, looking around everywhere at the snow covered buildings and streets. I start walking towards the studio, trying not to slip on the icy sidewalk. My feet start sliding out from under me, and I feel strong arms come around me, pulling me steadily back up, and guiding me into the building. I look up to see that it's Kris' arms. I smile to myself as we walk in to the warm of the studio. We walk to the 'backstage' area and he guides me into their dressing room. "Are you sure about this? Won't I get in trouble?" I ask, searching his face for an answer.
"
No. Just as long as you don't bring out your evil side, then you'll be fine." He winks. I start giggling and he finally lets me go so I can sit down and let them start getting ready.

"The director and host said that you can sit in the audience, or sit off to the side next to the director if you want." Chen says with a warm smile.
"
You talked to him for me? You're the greatest!" I hug him tightly. He chuckles, and Xiumin comes to take me to my seat. "Where do you want to sit?" He asks.
"
It doesn't matter. I can sit anywhere." We start walking towards where the audience will sit during the actual recording.
"
How about you get the best view? Since you're a special audience member." He giggles cutely. He leads me over to sit in a chair like you see in the movies that is a stereotypical director's chair, next to a middle-aged man. He must be the director. "Have a good time." He winks as he walks onto the set and takes a seat next to the rest of the members.

 

After about 2 hours of repeated rehearsal, they all come over to get me, and we bow to the director, walking towards the entrance of the building. "What did you think?" Lu Han asks, grabbing my hand as we walking through the door so I won't fall again.
"
It was great! You all did a really good job!" I tell them. Tao turns to smile at me, then he spots Lu Han's hand in mine. He stops long enough for us to catch up, and grabs my other hand.
"
I didn't want you to fall. Just one hand isn't going to keep you from falling." He said with a blush, as he looks down at the icy sidewalk. I giggle and they lift me into the car like a child. They get in on both sides of me. The others file in and we start driving.

 

"I'm starving. Let's go somewhere to eat." Tao groans. I turn around to poke his cheek and giggle.
"
Panda Tao-ge ge is always hungry." I joke.
"
That's because Tao is a Panda." Lu Han giggles. I turn back around to look at him and giggle.
"
Turn on the radio!" Xiumin tells the driver. He turns it on just as a song is ending. The next song that plays is their song MAMA.
"
I love this song!!" I squeal and wink at Tao. We all start singing along. They sound so much better hearing them like this, live and in person, rather than hearing the studio recording. As we sing along, we do as much of the dance as we could while sitting in a cramped car with 9 people in total, including the driver and their manager.

 

We stop at a cute little restaurant called Lost Heaven Yunnan Folk Cuisine. "Kris, are you sure about this? This seems to be a semi-formal restaurant." I ask, unsure. None of us looked semi-formal. We all looked cute and presentable, but not fancy.
"
It will be fine. We were dressed sort of like this when we ate here the last time we were in Shanghai."
"
Oh.. Okay, if you think we'll be fine.."

 

After almost an hour of eating and chatting, the manager pays the bill and we filed into the car. We go back to the hotel and rest in preparation for tomorrow's filming. We have a full schedule tomorrow. They must film their variety show in the morning, and then go film their music video in the afternoon and into the evening.

 

I wake up to Xiumin poking my cheek. "Get dressed mei mei. We're going to leave for the studio in about an hour."
I yawn and rub my face, sitting up with my seal stuffed animal in my hand. "
You look like a cute little kid!!" He squeals, giving me a hug. I giggle and hug him back. I quickly put on my makeup and throw on colorful baggy sweater with designs all over it in different pretty pastel colors, a light grey bulky scarf, a fluffy white beannie, my light blue skinny jeans, and my tan knee-high UGGs. I walk out of the bathroom to find all of them beaming at me.
"
You look so pretty!!!" Lay gasps.
I blush and giggle. "
Thanks." I say shyly.
"
Let's go!" Tao yells, running to the door. I grab Lu Han's arm as we start walking down the hallway, and towards the elevator.

 

As we get out and start walking through the snow to the car, I slip on ice that I couldn't see on the sidewalk, and fall, accidentally pulling Lu Han down with me. Everyone stops to turn and see if we are alright, gasping. My heart starts beating super fast after I realize what's happening. Lu Han had landed on top of me, and now our faces were inches apart. All I can think to do is look at him, in wait for him to get off of me and help me up. Staring into his eyes, I saw something in them I had never seen before. It made my heart beat even faster, and I start slightly blushing. We lie there for what seemed like an eternity, just staring at each other. "Lu Han, aren't you going to get off of Kai Lin-mei mei and help her up?" Chen asks, curious as to why we both hadn't moved. His voice broke us out of our trance, and Lu Han rolls off of me, and we both sit up, blushing. I stand up and start dusting the snow off of me, and Lu Han gets up to start dusting it out of my hair and off of my sweater, beanie, and scarf.
"
Thank you." I blush as he brushes the last bit of snow from my hair. He smiles at me and leads me to the car.

 

As I sit down in the car next to Lu Han, he grabs my arm and looks towards the windshield smiling. What is this feeling? I have felt it before, I'm sure of it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Finally was able to update now that I have a little bit of "What Did We Get Ourselves Into?" finished~

Hope you enjoy~