Ch. 30

Priorities

 

It's been almost three months of training now. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. Mr. Kim CEO has called Maria and I into his office. We walk in and take a seat. "You wanted to see us, Mr. Kim CEO?"
"Yes. As you both know, you have officially been training here for almost three months. I feel that you have been working very hard and have been showing a lot of promise." He started, with a smile. "I am very happy to tell you both this: I give you both two weeks off of your training schedules to have some free time. I hope you enjoy my gift, as I do not do things like this often." He winked and let out a chuckle.
"Oh thank you so much Mr. Kim CEO!!" Maria muses.
"Seriously, we are truly grateful for this opportunity to have some time off. Thank you so much." I say, standing up to deeply bow to him.
"Starting today, you will be on your vacation. Please enjoy your time off." He smiled as we both bowed to him and left the room with huge smiles on our faces.

"This is great!!! We get a vacation!!!!" Maria said excitedly.
"I know!! But.. That means I won't get to see EXO for two weeks.. I'm going to miss those guys so much..." I say sadly.
"How about you go over there today really early and surprise them? You could spend the rest of the day with them before our two week vacation. I'm sure they would enjoy it." She suggested.
"That's a good idea! Thank you!" I quickly hug her and run to take the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator. "I'm going to see them now!! Don't wait up for me!!!"
"Well jeez. That was a hint that I wanted to go too." Maria said to herself, pouting, after I had already disappeared down the stairs.

 

I run into SM after taking a taxi and getting here as fast as I could without making the driver break the law, and run the the elevator. I get off on the Training Floor and run down the hallway looking into ever room, searching for the boys. I find them in the Dance Studio. They turn around, surprised by my sudden appearance and hug attack on Kris. "What are you doing here so early?" Kris asks with a chuckle. He seemed very delighted to see me.
"
I wanted to see you guys!" I squeal as Tao grabs me from behind, pulling me off of Kris and into a giant hug.
"
But don't you have a training schedule today?" Lay asked, confused.
"
I would on a usual day, yes." I giggle. Tao spins me around and sits me back on the floor.
"
What makes today so special?" Xiumin asks me.
"
Well you see, that's the thing. I am happy about it, but it makes me very sad.." I look at the floor, trying to not let them see me nearly in tears.
"
What's wrong with Kai Lin-mei mei? You can tell us." Lu Han says as he puts his hand under my chin and lifts my head up to start wiping away my tears.
"
Mr. Kim CEO has given me two weeks of vacation starting today.. So that means that I won't see you.."
"
Oh it's okay mei mei, don't cry." Lu Han coos, trying calm me down. "We have to take a trip to China tomorrow anyway. We won't be back until next week." I start crying even harder.
"
Lu Han-ge ge!! Why did you do that?! You're making her even more upset!!" Chen scold him, pulling me away from him and into a hug. He started petting my hair after I bury my face in his chest. I instantly started feeling so much better.
"
I've got it!! How about we take Kai Lin-mei mei with us to China? She could spend time with us, AND have her vacation at the same time!!!" Tao suggests gleefully. He comes over to Chen and me, and pets my hair gently. "Would you like to go to China with us?" He asks soothingly.
I nod and say through Chen's shoulder, "
Yes."
"
Can we take her then, Kris? Pleeeeeeaaaseee?" Xiumin pleaded.
"
If she wants to go with us, I don't have a problem with it." He comes over to us and put his hand on my back. "You can stop crying now, sweetie. You're going on vacation with us and you'll get to spend a lot of time with us."

 

I happily sit and watch the boys practice their new dances. I can't believe that they offered to bring me to China with them!! I wonder what they're going to do in China? Is it a concert? A interview? Filming of a new music video?

 

After a fun day with the boys, Xiumin volunteers to take me home. The whole ride back to NHM we were chatting back and forth in both Chinese and Korean. He even had me teach him a few English words and phrases. After his cute fail at pronunciation, I giggle and tell him he is adorable, making him blush. "Bye Xiumin-ge ge!" I call, walking towards the door.
"
We'll come by and pick you up at about 9am tomorrow! You better be ready or we'll have to punish you!" He cutely and mischievously giggles.
I turn and stick my tongue out at him. "
No you won't!"

I quickly start packing, being sure to include everything I will need for a week. "Where are you going?" Maria ask as she sleepily walks in.
"EXO-M invited me to go on a trip to China with them. We won't be back for a week."
"OH MY GOSH!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!"
I laugh. "I suppose. Will you be fine without me here?"
"Are you kidding me? I am a big girl you know." She winks and sticks her tongue out at me.
"Oh yeah, that's right. You finally stopped peeing in beds. You ARE a big girl. My bad." I laugh and wink back. She sticks her tongue out at me again. We both burst out laughing.
"You know that you just reminded me of Kevin from U-KISS Vampire." We start laughing even harder.
"That's why I said it." I winked. "Speaking of U-KISS, I just got them to stop being mad at me for spending time with EXO, I hope they don't mind this trip we're going on.."
"I'm sure they wouldn't. It's just a trip to China. What are you guys going to do in China anyway?"
"I have no clue. But it will be so much fun!! I've always wanted to go to China!!!" I squeal in excitement.

 

I wake up at 8am and hurry to get ready. I take a shower and put on a pale blue baggy sweater and a fluffy grey scarf, dark blue skinny jeans, black pumps, and finish off with a baggy black beanie, because it's gotten colder lately. I throw on my makeup, being careful with my eyeliner. I check myself in the mirror. Satisfied, I go back into the 'living room' to sit on my suitcase and wait for EXO-M to pick me up.

"You look cute today." Maria said with a wink, walking over to sit in a chair next to me.
"I wanted to look nice, and not in my training clothes for once." I laugh. "I want them to know that I don't wear those clothes ALL the time." We both start laughing.
"HEY!!!" Kevin chimes as all of the U-KISS boys walk in and take a seat.
"Do you guys want to hang out today?" Hoon asks excitedly.
"We don't have a schedule today." Kiseop added.
"Pleeeeeeeaaaasseeee?" Kevin gives Maria a puppy dog face, causing her to squeal and throw her arms around his neck, making him giggle.
"I will!!!" Maria muses.
"What about Caitlin?" Eli asks.

 

Before I could tell them I couldn't, Maria answers for me. "She can't. She's going to the airport today."
"Really? Where are you going?" Soohyun asks, interested.
"I'm going to China for a week." I smile. I can't wait.
"Really? So cool!" Kiseop exclaims.
"You aren't going all the way to China by yourself are you?" Dongho asks, worry flashed across his face.
"I'll be fine. I am going with EXO-M."
"WHAT?!" U-KISS say in unison, shocked.
"Yeah. I'm going with EXO-M. I'll be fine. It's just for a week, and I can speak Chinese."
"You CAN'T be serious!!!" Dongho raises his voice. "You just CAN'T be serious!!"
"I don't see the problem." Maria says, confused.
"Well, this can be a good experience for her." Soohyun says, starting to get into the idea of me going to China with EXO-M.
"But she's going with THEM!!" Dongho yells. "You cannot go!! I forbid you!!!"
"You can't forbid me from ANYTHING!!" I yell back. I get off of my suitcase and grab it, heading to the door in anger. Dongho grabs by wrist. I stop long enough to turn to look in his eyes, seeing both anger and pain, and jerk away, storming to the elevator.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Ouch. Someone is jealous~ ;D