Ch. 29

Priorities

 

I get back to NHM and it's already 9:30pm. I hurry up to the dorms and go to U-KISS' dorm. I walk in and sit the cake on the counter as they all gather around me and excitedly ask me how my first day went. "It went amazingly! I had so much fun during all of my lessons today!! It's exhausting, but so much fun!!!" I squeal, giving everyone a tight hug. "And I loved every part of my training! I had an amazing time!!! But I have missed all of you like crazy!!! I even made this cake for you guys!!!"
"Oooooo!! Cake! Cake!! Cakeee!!!" Kiseop exclaims as he take a piece and sits down on the floor happily. Kevin, Hoon, and Soohyun follow suit and sit on the floor next to Kiseop. AJ sits in a chair next to them.
"So you had fun?" Dongho asks.
"So much fun!!! I am so glad that I get to work with you guys now!!!" I hug him tightly. I feel him kiss my hair as he lifts me up and spins me around in his hug. I giggle gleefully. He puts me down and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the room, down the hallway, and into the elevator. "Where are we goi-" He stops me by putting his finger on my lips. The elevator stops and we get off on the Training Floor. He pulls me into the Practice Dance Studio and sits me on the floor, sitting beside of me. "What is this for? Am I in trouble?" I ask him with a playful smirk.
"Nooo. I just wanted you to myself." He puts his arms around me and pulls me into a hug. I happily hug him back.

 

We spend almost 2 hours in the Practice Dance Studio just sitting on the floor and talking about the day's events. We decide that it was time for some sleep, so we get on the elevator and go back up to our rooms. He kisses my cheek and lets me go into Maria's and my room. I quickly get ready for bed and doze off quickly.

 

The next morning I wake up at about 7am. I look over and see Maria still asleep. I quickly take a shower and put on some comfortable clothes for training today, but nothing too horrible looking because Chen is supposed to come and pick me up this afternoon. I make my way to the Dance Studio. "Good morning!" Donghee mused.
"Good morning~" I sang happily.

 

After vocal training was finished, I decide to take a break and sit in the hallway, singing and rapping to myself happily.
"Pardon my interruption Caitlin." The girl from the front desk in the lobby says. "But there is a nice young man here to see you."
"Oh my goodness!! It's Chen!!!" I run down the hallway squealing. I hear her giggle behind me as I run into the elevator, not even waiting for her to get in.

 

I get down to the lobby and see Chen leaning against the front counter with his arms crossed comfortably. "I hope I didn't make you wait too long." I tell him.
"
No, not at all." He smiled brightly. "Are you ready?"
"
Yes! Let's go!" I exclaim, hopping around in happiness. He chuckles as we start heading out the door.

 

{POV Change}
"
Kevin-hyung, who is that with Caitlin?" Kiseop asks with a confused look.
"
I'm not sure." Kevin said, just as confused. "Isn't she supposed to be training today? How could she have time to hang out with someone?"
"
What are they saying? I can't understand them." Hoon says, frustrated.
"
I think they may be speaking Thai." Kiseop says.
"
No Kiseop, I am pretty sure that they are speaking Mandarin Chinese." AJ says, laughing at Kiseop's mistake.
"
Oh." Kiseop says, feeling a little stupid.
"
Isn't that one of the members of EXO? You know, the new group from SM?" Eli asks, walking up to the spies.
"
I think that's who it is. Wonder what she's doing with him?" Kevin asks. He turns to see Dongho fuming. "Calm down, I'm sure that nothing is going on."
"
And plus, it's not like you two are dating or anything." Soohyun said.
"
Wait, where did they go?" Kevin asks. They all look around.
"
Great, we look away for a minute and they disappear." Hoon pouted.
{Back to Normal POV}

 

We get into SM, and go into a different room labeled 'Vocal Studio'. The boys were there, but this time, there were more of them. "Kai Lin-mei mei!!!" Tao squeals, running up to pick me up by my waist and lay me over his shoulder. I start giggling as they all gather around me. EXO-K were eying me, very interested.
"
Tao! Stop speaking in Chinese! We cannot understand you!" Chanyeol scolds him in Korean, but Tao ignores it and continues running around with me on his shoulder and making me giggle.
Kris says something inaudible to EXO-K. They all nod and smile at me.
"
Annyeong~ I'm Caitlin. Kris and the members of EXO-M are teaching me Chinese." I manage to say through giggling fits.
"
Annyeong~" EXO-K says in unison.

 

After it got really late, I had learned quite a bit of Korean thanks to EXO-K not being able to speak English or Chinese. All of them seemed to really like me as well. We didn't really click like I did with EXO-M, but I can tell that we are all going to be pretty good friends. "Annyeong~" I tell them on my way to the door with Kris. "Bye bye~"

 

Kris drives me back to NHM and we both get out. "You don't have to come with me if you don't want to."
"
No no no, I want to." He smiles and we walk in.
"This isn't the same one you left with? Is it?" The girl behind the front desk jokes.
"Oh no! You've caught me!" I joke back with a wink as we go into the elevator.

 

We get up to the dorms and I walk in to see Maria and the members of U-KISS sitting around our room. "Oh, well hello guys!" I say in surprise. They all seemed a little uncomfortable, except for Maria. I could see that she was sitting there mesmerized by Kris. This is the first time she's meeting him. "This is Kris from EXO."
"Hello." He says with a slight wave and tilt of his head. They all just stare at him, slighting nodding and waving back.
"
This is awkward. I feel like they dislike me." He says, giving me a slightly sad look. "Oh no! They can't understand Chinese can they? I would feel really embarrassed if they could.."
"
No. They can't, as you can tell from their confused looks." I giggle as we both look around at everyone. He lets out a chuckle. "And I'm sure that they like you. I think they are just surprised to see you here." I smile, trying to make him feel better.

 

{POV Change}
"What is HE doing here?" Hoon whispers.
"I have no idea. Is he the same one from earlier?" AJ asks in a whisper.
"No, I don't think so. I think this is a different one." Eli whispers back.
"What are they saying?" Kevin whispers.
"How should I know?" Hoon whispers, irritated.
"Why are they speaking in Chinese? Are they talking about us or something?" Soohyun whispers questioningly. Dongho just sits to the side, fuming and giving Kris a horrible look.
{Back to Normal POV}

 

"I guess you're right." He was smiling now. "I suppose I should leave now. Bye bye." He turns to start walking down the hallway to the elevator.
"
You don't have to pick me up tomorrow! And tell that to the others! I am going to take a taxi!" I call after him.
"
Are you sure? They can be expensive." I nod. "Okay. I will be leaving then. Bye Kai Lin-mei mei. Have a good rest."
"
Bye bye Kris-ge ge~" I sing happily. He chuckles and the elevator door closes. I my attention back to U-KISS and Maria. "So, what's up?" I sit down next to Dongho. He turns away from me, looking mad. "Is there something wrong?"
"What were you doing with HIM?" Hoon asks, seeming agitated.
"And why were with with a different one earlier? Why are you with them?" Kiseop asks, a little confused.
"He was assigned by Mr. Kim CEO to work with me on my Chinese and Korean. And I go over to SM everyday. I stay over there from 4:30pm to 8:30pm. All of the members help me. They are all really sweet. Oh, and the guy you saw with me earlier was Chen. He was just coming to pick me up to take me to SM." I smile. I really do enjoy my time with them.
"Well.. I suppose that it's okay.. Since Mr. Kim CEO ASSIGNED him to you.." Soohyun said, a little disappointed.
"It's okay!! I still love all of you!!!" I get up and start hugging everyone. They all brighten up a little, except for Dongho. He took my hug only after I begged him to, but he still looked angry.

 

After finally getting rid of everyone, I lay on my bed to get some sleep. I hear Maria come into the room. I sit up to look at her. "That's amazing that you got EXO-M to be your language instructors!!" She squealed. "You are so lucky."
"Who did you get?"
"Mr. Kim CEO assigned Eli to me for Korean, and for Arabic I got some woman, I don't remember what her name was." She laughs. "For French, I got a really hot French guy." She winked, making me giggle.
"Sounds like a party to me." I wink and lay back down. "Good night~"
"Good night~"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Ooooooo~ Tension~

LOL at Kiseop's fail at recognizing Chinese. XD