Chapter 96

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

The laugh of the hero Kim Jaejoong makes Hannah look up with a smile. Her long blonde hair has just freely been styled, lightly wavy and natural while her make-up is sophisticated and feminine, and she is looking up behind a lock of her hair to see her co-star JYJ’s Jaejoong sitting on the chair next to her with his legs crossed gracefully and in his lap he is holding on to a tablet where he has just looked through some video on YouTube.

“I’m sorry, but it is funny,” Jaejoong tells Hannah and looks at her with a crooked smile.

As a breathing living creature he is beautiful and Hannah can feel her teenage crush of the ex-DBSK main vocalist pound in her chest when he looks at her. She sighs to both calm herself and to show her disagreement with him

“Be glad you look good together,” Jonghyun continues by her response, handing over the tablet to a staff member. Jaejoong is leaning his body a little towards Hannah when she has to look the other direction for the stylist to give a touch on her make-up. “And the video had positive comments, which are not a bad thing either.”

Jaejoong has just watched a fan made video about Hannah and Jonghyun’s “relationship”, which was mostly pictures and clips of what is so called “couple moments” of them. As a senior in both music and SM, Jaejoong had brought up the relationship between Hannah and Jonghyun quite fast after beginning to film the drama together; his first question was why he had never heard about it and the second question was if Jonghyun was alright with Hannah acting out as someone else’s wife. And now he can’t seem to get enough laughing at Hannah for being in a relationship.

“Now tell me, Hannah…” Jaejoong starts to say, crossing his wrists over the other just as gracefully he is sitting with his legs, smiling at her and you don’t even have to see him to know that he will some more, “How come you never told me? None of you did. I feel very heartbroken to not be told by my favourite juniors such an important thing.”

If he wasn’t a respectable senior, she would roll her eyes at him. But since he now is a respectable senior, Hannah instead answers;

“We didn’t tell that many, to keep it secret easier.”

Jaejoong keeps looking at her in silence, and then he nods and sits up straight, his lips pouting out a bit. “I am still heartbroken,” he pouts, teasing with her again and when the stylist is done fixing Hannah’s make-up she smiles at him.

“I’m sorry, senior.”

They are at the photo shoot for the drama, to get the pictures that will promote the drama and to show their characters for it. Teaser picture, some might call it as well.

Hannah is distracted from different directions during the photo shoot today. And it is not just because the senior who is handsome and a beautiful all-around artist and will play her husband in the new drama currently is teasing Hannah for being in a relationship, but the talk online among fans, antis and random middle parts about Hannah and Jonghyun is going too far by bringing in Hannah’s family situation (she is being attacked on twitter by people asking if she is dating Jonghyun to piss off her family or asking if she is paying him or such things), yesterday before Hannah went back to Korea for the drama filming she and her ladies had spent the morning at another photo shoot to promote their up-coming mini-drama in Tokyo and Emelia had started to cry from holding in her grief for several days about her grandmother passing away last week and Hannah is also thinking about this morning’s visit by the psychologist…

She has never been close to Jaejoong. The time they were both under SM Entertainment together wasn’t always the best for the members in DBSK, but either way it was the beginning for 5 Pieces in Korea where they couldn’t communicate that well. Hannah didn’t even have his cell phone number before they met up for the drama filming; Maria and Emelia are the only two of the group who often contacts the members of JYJ. To Hannah’s surprise, Jaejoong have been treating her very closely during the short filming they have gone through so far.

“What to do with you, ladies?” Jaejoong keep going on and on about 5 Pieces, sighing and shaking his head, knowing that the smile on Hannah’s face shows she is listening and understanding he is just teasing. “Hannah has a boyfriend and Maria has an on-screen husband… What is happening to the little girls I once knew?”

“Senior, not to be impolite, but you sound old talking like that,” Hannah formally comments and Jaejoong begins to speak the same way Korean speak in historical dramas, making her and some of the others there laugh. He seems to be quite dramatic. Hannah keeps smiling, happy that he isn’t serious when saying these things and she is also happy that all her co-stars keep teasing each other and making people laugh no matter where they are. It is a good cast she has joined here, even if Hannah most of all at the moment wants to go to Tokyo where Emelia is working hard on her solo career.

The moment Hannah gets a longer break she takes her cell phone to give Emelia a call – she doesn’t answer – and Hannah sends a text message instead, pouting when she has to put her cell phone away. She smiles when seeing the pretty and gorgeous actress Shin Minah arrived for the photo shoot, being put in other thoughts at that time. Hannah hasn’t worked with Minah on set yet, which means this is their first time meeting since the script-reading and Minah’s smile is so pretty when greeting Hannah that the youngest for a minute forgets her worries. She wishes right away that she had more scenes with Minah; an actress she admires and finds the prettiest among them all.

The two girls take a smiling picture on the side, as the photo shoot is not for smiles. Their agent characters need to be charismatic for the pictures, but everyone is smiling and laughing in between.

 

“Hannah,” Jaejoong sneaks up next to Hannah when most of them are done, smiling at her, “they say you declined coming along for dinner?”

“Ah, yes…” Hannah blinks, confused that he gets so close to her face when saying that.

“Hm,” Jaejoong leans away, looking at her as if she is the weird one. “It is a gesture to get closer to the cast, you know that, right?”

“I do know that, and as I told the others I would love to come, but sadly I have to get a good night rest as we (5 Pieces) are going to the Philippines tomorrow,” Hannah quietly and carefully tells him, making sure she is polite. And Emelia is coming back tonight

“Alright, if you say so,” Jaejoong mutters and shrugs his shoulders, taking another step away. “Then we won’t meet until Tuesday, I guess.”

“I guess.”

Jaejoong pats her on the back, which is odd for the girl who is frowning when he walks away to get his things – he is leaving. Hannah finds him odd; yes, odd is the right word to describe him. He is beautiful on his looks, but his personality is just odd. With a smile Hannah looks down at her cell phone, she likes him.

With his bag over his shoulder, Jaejoong walks around saying goodbye to everyone; confirming where to meet the others later and Hannah hurries around after him to politely say her goodbyes as well and once more she is teased for being polite.

Koreans go around telling them to be as polite as possible, and then whenever Hannah is on her own she is being teased for being so polite towards everyone. She really doesn’t know why there always has to be so many different reactions and opinions about everything.

It takes time before Hannah is in the car on the way home. She is exhausted; she has a small headache and she is tired, her head has worked hard with the lines and character for the drama, in between she went to Japan for the photo shoots and interviews overnight… Yet, all she thinks about is Emelia.

She had answered the text message, writing that she will be home around 8 this evening. It is still some time until then.

“Are you going to watch LoP tonight?” Manager Lee wonders, driving her back home. He personally looks forward to go home and get a good night of sleep before he will go with 5 Pieces to the airport tomorrow, going along to Manila for their BLACK & WHITE tour. He never understands how Hannah can survive working like this every single day; even the managers’ take turn to manage all the work.

Hannah shrugs her shoulder for answer; something she does a lot lately. She is distant, but by his question she comes to think of that it is the second week their reality show Life of Pieces is airing; at home they are filming for it tonight too. They will film themselves watch the show.

Her manager doesn’t try to start a conversation until they have gotten out of the elevator to the apartment, as he then starts to talk about the script she should go through for next week. Hannah mumbles at first as she is focusing on unlocking the apartment’s front door, but once she has done that he asks her if she wants him to take it for tomorrow or for her to take it now.

“You’ll forget it, won’t you?” Hannah wonders, holding up the door for them both to step in; the cameras for the show in the apartment are on and you can hear Julia call out who it is. “It’s me! Oppa, I’ll take it now, alright?”

Manager Lee is pretty sure Hannah is right when she says he will forget it unless she takes it now, so he goes through his bag to give her the script and he also reminds her of the New York filming next week that she should focus the most on.

“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Hannah nods, taking off her shoes and brightly greeting Ryo coming running up to them in the hall. She picks him up in her arms before turning to Manager Lee, exchanging some more words before he tells her to not stay up too long – he calls out for Julia the same, to which he receives a laugh.

He leaves and Hannah walks inside the living-room where Julia is sitting in the sofa, eating some food she had warmed up from the freezer. That’s why Michin didn’t come to the hall when hearing them; he was too busy sitting next to Julia hoping to get some food from her.

“How was your day?” Julia asks, aware of the cameras and for that smiling as it sounds like a typical question to ask.

“Long and fun, yours?”

“Only long,” Julia answers, sneaking some food to Michin, smiling when seeing Hannah roll her eyes.

“No wonder he’s starting to get fat,” the youngest comments, taking a seat in the sofa and putting her lips on Ryo’s fur.

“He’s not getting fat!” Julia gets surprised, her jaw drops by Hannah’s words and she then looks down at Michin to feel his body with her hand. “He’s not fat.”

“I said ‘starting’.” Hannah giggles. “Emelia feeds him a lot too.”

“I don’t feed him a lot; one time isn’t a lot. And Emelia isn’t here a lot either, so she can’t either. The way I see it, Hannah; you have no reason to accuse the crazy one for getting fat, so shush,” Julia says with a finger pointed at Hannah, and the youngest is smiling at her.

She sounds like Maria talking like that, but Hannah doesn’t bring that up. Instead Hannah head upstairs to wash up and fix her packing for tomorrow, taking her time. She can hear when Carolina comes; the loudest member she is.

Though she said she wasn’t going to watch the reality show airing tonight, Hannah goes downstairs around the time it begins and she nods when Carolina loudly calls for her to come watch it with them. It is strange to hear Carolina’s voice echoing, a laugh from reality echoed with the one on TV and then Julia mention that Carolina laughs quite a lot – she notices the echoing too.

Hannah heads inside the kitchen, getting a glass of juice before she heads inside the office to look through some papers and quickly check her mail. It takes several minutes before Carolina calls for her again, and this time she doesn’t stop until Hannah comes.

“You’re too loud,” Hannah mutters, taking a seat in the corner with a blanket around her, breathing out when seeing the episode on TV. 5 Pieces is said to be funny on this reality program because they show themselves and apparently have some witty comments. All Hannah sees is embarrassment; it is rare for the ladies to watch themselves on TV because if they do watch TV, it is usually some drama or movie – where none of the ladies appear in.

And louder in the apartment it gets when Emelia and Maria comes home – Emelia coming from the airport and Maria from filming We Got Married – letting the apartment getting filled with talk and stories, the reality show on TV forgotten in all the talk, though Carolina seem to watch it. Hannah is once again pushed down when Emelia lies over her legs to steal some of the blanket, ending up lying side by side with Hannah in the sofa, giggling and fighting over the blanket and Michin happily standing next to them, looking like he is going to jump on top of them.

Like the father he is, Manager Lim gives a call to make sure the ladies are going to sleep, and he re-calls a few minutes later to make sure they are doing as he tells them too.

“He is such a dwerp,” Carolina mutters when Hannah gets out from the bathroom, seeing her friend sit on her bed in a bright pink pyjama. No cameras are filming in here.

“Do you even know what a dwerp is? And why are you in here when we are going to bed?” Hannah looks confused. She is ready to go to sleep; tired, she wants to sleep.

“For some reason, I’m not tired. I slept eight hours last night, and ten the night before… I’m not tired.”

Hannah gives her a glare. “I’m tired.”

“Maybe I could sing for you? I could go get my guitar and play some really smooth songs for you-”

“No thank you, just sleep will do well for me,” Hannah mutters, putting her bag away from the bed. Carolina gets up, saying she will go see if Julia wants to do something or maybe go downstairs to work on some songs. When she has left, Hannah lies down in her bed, checking her cell phone and setting the alarm for the morning before she does her usual exercise.

Before she is done, a knock on the bathroom’s door makes her lie flat in bed and look up at the bathroom’s door when Emelia peeks inside.

“Yo,” the rapper says in a low voice, “could we talk?”

“Sure,” Hannah mutters, yawning and rolling around in her bed to give space for Emelia to sit down. “What’s up?”

Emelia frowns, giving a small smile at Hannah’s word and Hannah smiles too as they both know Hannah never says ‘what’s up’. The rapper gives a sigh. “The funeral is tomorrow…”

The mood changes between them right away with those words and Emelia lies down on her side next to Hannah, her body folds like a baby and her small eyes looks at Hannah, who rolls to lie on her side too.

“My dad told me to not feel bad for not coming, but it still feels bad to not be there, you know? My whole family is there. My mom has been cooking all day for tomorrow… And all I have done is to send money and flowers…”

“They know you think about them,” Hannah tells her in a whisper.

“But they want me to be there,” Emelia whispers back. “I know they do; they tell me they are proud for my hard work over here but I could see it in their faces on Skype… they want me there.”

Hannah doesn’t know what to say. She wants Emelia to be with her family too, to comfort them as the youngest and to say goodbye to her grandmother and be able to hug her parents. Hannah think her friend will need that to continue; every night she will be reminded of her family that she is missing, the grandmother she has lost but can not say goodbye too…

“You haven’t told Appa this,” Hannah continues to whisper.

“How could I? I don’t want to go to a shrink like you just because I miss my family,” Emelia grimaces, not noticing Hannah frowning when being mentioned like that. “I can’t go home; what would happen with you all if I leave for a few days? We have so much to do; I can’t leave you.”

“Don’t use us as an excuse,” Hannah whispers. “No one is holding you back. You are free to do what you wish to do; who told me that?”

“I told everyone that; it is a good advice,” Emelia sighs, rolling her eyes. “Since when did you get so good at this?”

“I’m seeing a shrink lately, remember?”

“Yeah… But anyway: yes, sure, it is just an excuse. What would I do if I get home? I’ll be there for a day or two and then I have to leave them…” Emelia sighs again, and she rolls around on her back to look up the ceiling. Hannah looks at her with tired eyes, seeing her friend look like she is going to cry. “I want to go home, but if I do, I don’t think I’ll come back. That’s why I don’t tell anyon- Hannah, you must keep this between us.”

“I wouldn’t tell anyone – not even the ‘shrink’,” Hannah answers with a nod.

It then gets quiet. Hannah waits for her to continue, waiting for minutes and seeing how Emelia from time to time is about to cry but not a single tear falls down. Then her tears begin to fall and Hannah is biting on to not cry too. “I miss home so much.”

It’s not like Hannah can agree with her; Hannah has no home to miss, no family that looks out for her from afar. She doesn’t say anything because of that, but she frowns because she wants to apologize to Emelia for not being able to understand that feeling. Hannah blinks a few times, trying to forget what she feels, to not feel bad for not understanding. And she frowns when Emelia chuckles.

“That silence is more like you; not knowing what to say,” Emelia chuckles, but then cries again.

Usually the youngest doesn’t know what to say, but she always understands – this time she is quiet because she doesn’t understand. Again they are quiet, and Hannah watches her friend close her eyes.

“Will you sleep in my bed?” Hannah wonders in a low voice, noticing how Emelia’s breathing is slowing down. Is she falling asleep?

“I’m sure that would terrify you,” Emelia mutters without opening her eyes, “only Jonghyun gets to sleep in this bed with you, right?” She smirks when hearing how Hannah moves in the bed. “Don’t worry, I’m not sleeping here. … I’ll share room with you in Manila instead.”

“How do you know that? We haven’t decided it yet,” Hannah mentions. They always do some sort of game to decide who shares room with whom when they go abroad; usually in the van, at the airport or in the hotel lobby.

“If I say it, no one says against it,” Emelia answers and groans when sitting up, patting Hannah on the leg. “I’m off to bed.”

“Why do you want to share room with me all of a sudden?” Hannah wonders, looking at her friend getting up.

“I could be unlucky to have to share room with Carolina otherwise,” Emelia answers, rolling her eyes so Hannah smiles. “But at least you listen and shut up if I ask you too.”

“Good thing to know,” Hannah mutters. Typical Emelia to think about herself; you can tell Carolina ten times to stop talking and she will still annoy you, but Hannah always want to please others so Emelia knows all too well that Hannah is the best room mate if you want privacy and being alone. Emelia walks though the bathroom to her own bedroom, lying down with a sigh.

Hannah lies in her own bed, thinking for a long time about Emelia and what she has been saying recently. If Emelia left, she wouldn’t come back?

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Fans are shouting at the Incheon airport when seeing members of 5 Pieces running. Hannah is giggling, running after Carolina and Emelia, carrying Emelia’s backpack along with her own and because she is giggling she can not follow the speed of the other two. Carolina had said something that made Emelia chase her, and none of them care that they are in public and that cameras for Life of Pieces Season 4 are filming them. The most fun part is actually to see two of the camera-men running after them to not miss the chance to film.

“What happened, actually?” Maria wonders when she comes up to Hannah; the youngest stopped trying to keep up with them and instead waited for the others to catch up.

“Not sure…” Hannah shrugs her shoulder. To her surprise, she had woken up on the bright side, and so it seems other members had as well, including Emelia.

“Carolina took Emelia’s camera,” Julia answers. She seems to notice more things than you think.

“Stupid,” Maria mutters; everyone knows to not take Emelia’s camera. But while Maria thinks it is the precious system camera, it is in fact the small filming camera that each member has gotten to film for the reality show on their own; Carolina is trying to film her running away from Emelia, the camera all shaky but funnily it catches Carolina’s face up and down, up and down, and from time to time Emelia is seen behind.

“Ladies!” Manager Lim calls behind them, and as the father he is, Emelia stops running. Manager Lee always amazes by what the main manager is able to do, something that none of the other managers can do; make 5 Pieces stop.

They continue walking to the gate, just in time. Hannah keeps carrying Emelia’s bag until they will board the plane, and when she do return the bag she smiles at the camera filming behind them.

“I’m not her slave,” Hannah assures the camera, knowing that is what Emelia has said before. “I just made sure she could run after Carolina without any problem, that’s all.”

“Don’t be so shy about the truth, Charlie, just say you love to do what I say,” Emelia teases next to her. Hannah pouts at Emelia.

“Are you trying to trick my baby again, Pale-face?” Maria asks behind them, focusing her eyes on Emelia’s when they stare at each other and Hannah giggles. It is good they are doing this again; Emelia is getting her attitude back. Manager Lim sighs and takes his hand on Emelia’s back to keep walking. Maria grimaces at Hannah when walking next to her.

Emelia has gotten her camera back and when she has taken her seat she is using it to film herself, commenting that they are again on a plane going somewhere and she then holds the camera by the window to film herself and the seat next to her, where Hannah is about to take a seat.

“My mate on the plane today is Hannah. She will be my mate at the hotel too… Hannah, for how long do you think I’ll put up with you being so close to me?” Emelia talks and then asks Hannah when the youngest has taken her seat. Emelia makes sure the camera films them both, Hannah in the background seen struggling to take her jacket off and earphones out of her pocket – all at once.

“What?” Hannah mutters, then glances up and sees the camera. “You ask me that question after twelve years?”

“Yeah…” Emelia seem to realise the strangeness in the question, and she does a cute grimace to the camera. “Hannah always wants to be so close to me…”

Hannah doesn’t say that it was Emelia’s suggestion to share hotel room, and about their plane seating it just happened that way this time. Emelia films until they are leaving, and for the upcoming 4-5 hours, 5 Pieces are on a flight to Manila, Philippines.

The flight is long and painful. Hannah can’t be still; her back aches a bit and she is restless, not knowing what to do. She tries to read, she tries to write, she tries to look through the script that she has taken with her and she tries to sleep and also keep a good conversation with the person sitting next to her; Emelia isn’t very talkative on flights as she gets sick very easily so the medicine she takes leaves her sleeping during longer flights – like this one.

 

“Oh my god!” Maria moans and shows her cell phone to Hannah.

The rehearsals for tomorrow’s concert are almost done and the ladies are excited for tomorrow to come, yet they are tired from their schedules and long at the moment more for the beds than the concert. What Maria shows on her cell phone is an article saying ‘5 Pieces Creeper Carolina Does It Again’ – the girl-group had put up a picture on their blog before departing for Manila, shouting out for their fans in the Philippines that they are coming, but the picture is of Maria, Hannah and Julia as Emelia had taken the picture and taken the honour to write on the blog, and popping up her head in the back is Carolina. Earlier she has done about the same in one of Maria’s picture where fans gave her the nickname Creeper Carolina, as she creeps up behind the others in pictures and apparently she has done it again.

“She does look creepy,” Maria grimaces over Hannah’s shoulder, “It is not good for our image.”

“I think her image is the same as it has always been, this doesn’t change anything,” Hannah mentions and gives the phone back.

“Yuck, who cares? Oh, Creeper!” Maria raises the phone in the air when spotting Carolina.

Hannah smiles and checks her own cell phone, not listening to what Maria tells Carolina as she is reading a text message from Jonghyun instead. Her boyfriend… He is so cute through the texts, and then out of nowhere he writes something really y and Hannah is just speechless.

“Ladies, let’s finish off the rehearsals now, alright?” Manager Lim comes up to them, putting a hand on Carolina’s shoulder to guide her back to the stage. “You can go to the hotel and sleep afterwards.”

Hannah finishes her text message in a rush, sending it to Jonghyun before she hurries up on her feet and out to the stage with her ladies. Maria is cheering when they get up on the stage, calling out for all the staff about their hard work and to get a good night sleep after this before every single person will be perfect on tomorrow’s concert. Maria’s loud cheer does make Hannah think she will do well, smiling; she finishes the rehearsal with her ladies.

Outside it is raining. It will rain all weekend in Manila, and for some reason it is calming. The rain that has no stop seems to calm Hannah when she sits by the window. In the car she is quiet, wondering when she will look through the script for next week’s filming, worrying about the strange aching in her back, thinking about this weekend’s concerts and there is a lot of different thoughts going through her head while she sits there, also curious how the night will be sharing room with Emelia. It has been some time since they shared room at a hotel; at least it feels like that. She can’t remember last time they shared room at a hotel, all she remembers is the room they share in the Tokyo apartment.

“Oh…” Manager Lim sighs when the van reaches the hotel, and the five ladies look out the dark windows and to their surprise, fans are there. Fans are crowding outside the hotel in the pouring rain, and from what it looks like the lobby is crowded too. “No one have told us anything about this … Ladies, you know what to do?”

“Stick close together and run inside?” Julia suggests dryly.

“Don’t run,” he reminds her, “but head straight to the elevators. Ji Young, you stay here while I go check in and when I come back everyone must be ready to go inside, is that clear?”

They all nod their heads in agreement; even Emelia who is wearing earphones and clearly is listening to music gives a nod. If she really hears what he says or just knows from past experience what he says, Hannah isn’t sure which one it is. But their manager head out of the van, hurrying inside to talk to the receptionist – there are three receptionists helping him out – to get the room keys and find out about security and such. The hotel had tried to get everyone outside, but since it seems like a lot of the fans are staying at the same hotel, they can’t just kick them out; there is security ready though, have waited for 5 Pieces’ arrival and they follow Manager Lim outside to keep fans on a distance for the ladies to get inside safe.

“The elevators are further in on the left side, just follow me,” Manager Lim says when he has opened the slide-door and is leaning in to tell the ladies.

The girls are ready when he slides the door open for full, and the roar outside is much louder than the rain and the security gathers around 5 Pieces as they can’t really keep a path open for the ladies to walk. It is crowded; Hannah and Carolina are tightly holding on to each other’s arms, leaning towards one another when hurrying inside the hotel. The security is heard telling the fans to step back, to keep a distance, to not do that, to keep their hands away… Hannah doesn’t really understand what they say but she guesses it is something like that, as it isn’t the first time 5 Pieces is welcomed this way. A part of her wish she had some kind of make-up on, but instead is happy she is wearing a fedora hat to cover a part of her face – well, when she walks she is facing the floor so her face isn’t really seen either way.

Inside the hotel the fans are just a bit quieter; those outside are pushed up against the doors and windows, their eyes huge when looking after 5 Pieces. Those inside are more aware of the security as they have been warned that they will be kicked out if they are too noisy or a disturbance for others – hotels to have their rules – but that doesn’t stop fans for trying to give gifts or just get the idols’ attention somehow.

Emelia turns around when they reaches the elevator, and for Hannah who has walked with her head down only sees a hand held out for her. Confused she looks up, and Emelia looks so determined with her hand reached out that Hannah takes it without knowing why, being pulled to stand closer to Emelia.

“We’ll go straight to bed, okay?” Emelia says in a low voice to Hannah who nods in agreement, though the fans abrupt shouting in her other ear makes her think Emelia tell her to go straight to bed. She is alright with going straight to bed.

When they have gotten inside the elevator, Hannah waves lightly to the fans that can see straight in and she can hear how they scream loudly when Emelia pulls the hand she is holding so Hannah turns to face Emelia standing by the wall and the doors closes just in that time, making Hannah and Emelia laugh as they so clearly could hear the shouts from outside, and that just makes their night. Fans are always fun to meet.

Like Emelia said, she and Hannah go straight to bed after washing up. Hannah let Emelia decide what side of the bed to sleep on and without any talk they fall into sleep.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Eating part of a cupcake that fans had personally made and gifted 5 Pieces for the concert, Hannah is wandering in the room when a camera-woman for their reality show walks up to her. The blonde girl blinks a bit when looking at the woman, trying to figure out what to say.

“Did you see the cupcakes?” Hannah asks the woman before putting another small piece of the cupcake in . “Really pretty – and delicious too”

Fans had decorated not just the cupcakes like experts but the boxes the cupcakes came in; decorated for 5 Pieces and Philippines, to remind the ladies of where they are and how loved they are here.

“Hannah, how much did you eat?” Manager Lee asks from the side and Hannah pouts at him.

“This is my first,” she answers quietly, showing the half cupcake in her hand. “And I didn’t take the peanuts Julia had before.”

He nods, letting it go and Hannah pouts with her lips at the camera.

“It’s too delicious,” Hannah whispers and walks closer to the camera, keeping the cupcake by . She is more confident to do a close-up as she has her make-up done. “Thank you, our fans here in Philippines~” Like a child she giggles shyly over her own words, then moves her shoulder along to some music Emelia is playing. “I’m excited about tonight’s concert. I think it will go well-”

Hannah bites her lip and gets quiet when Maria is trying to rap to Emelia’s solo song, doing it just because she thinks she knows the words – though everyone listening can hear she is using other words. The youngest walks away from the camera, not knowing the woman walks behind her at first. Hannah gave up to finish talking, knowing when her ladies are too noisy and the camera captures how Manager Lee takes the rest of the cupcake from Hannah for her to get her hair done.

The ladies look just as charismatic as they always do for the concert in their cool and y outfits and charismatic hair and make-up. They look prepared for the stage, but the cameras filming backstage captures more than just the cool sides of the ladies as they are fooling around a bit. Beside from their usual warm up, Maria starts to do a freestyle rap that sounds very selfish and then Carolina does a rap – the Korean way – by just saying random English words and Emelia then blow minds with the best freestyle rap about the concert and fans, and adds that the members are very strange.

 

After the concert, a sweaty Hannah comes off the stage with a smile, pulling at some cord behind her neck while smiling at a camera.

“I want to keep performing like this… Our fans are precious, aren’t they?” She laughs and walks by the camera, bowing to some staff politely.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Promotes Samsung With [Daze] In Samsung’s Latest CF, Version 2

Headline 08th: Samsung Announces –Samsung Event- With 5 Pieces, Maybe They Will Reach Your Town!

Headline 08th: ‘Life of Pieces’ Episode 3 Airs 5 Pieces In Japan & Hannah Preparing Her Book Release

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Are Shown In Sweden For Their Home Town Music Festival In Tonight’s ‘Life of Pieces’

 

Headline 09th: 5 Pieces’ Creeper Carolina Does It Again

 

Headline 10th: Model Couple Have A Romantic Cooking Lesson On ‘We Got Married’

Headline 10th: BLACK & WHITE Tour Reaches Fourth Stop In Philippines With Thousand Of Fans

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Right after the second concert in the Philippines on Sunday, 5 Pieces head back to Korea. While Emelia prepares to spend Monday in Japan, Hannah spends all that day at a flight – going to New York, US.

Hannah films for the new drama on Tuesday in the Big Apple together with Kim Jaejoong; all day they film. A small crew for the reality show has come along and films her hard work while the rest of the filming crew goes with the other members of 5 Pieces that arrive in New York late that evening. The beginning of Wednesday, Hannah finishes filming for the drama and since the filming ends later than expected, she is late to join her members in the recording studio together with the American producer and song-writer Melissa Allen.

She is the pretty producer who amazingly did [Daze] for 5 Pieces, and is working with the group on more international songs and music. A song named [Sway] is being recorded when Hannah arrives at the fancy house where the studio is. Carolina has already talked with amaze to the reality show cameras filming about the stunning artists Melissa Allen has worked with in America. When Hannah arrives, a big guard first shows her inside where Manager Park (the manager who speaks English fluently) takes over to fill her in on what has happened while guiding her to the recording studio where the members are together with Melissa and her recording crew that 5 Pieces have met before.

Hannah smiles brightly when greeting everyone, shaking their hands and the usual. Americans, Hannah thinks when shaking hands with the blonde haired handsome man J Young – Jared Bone. He has a small face and good proportions; that kind of man who in Korea would be a pretty boy like 2PM’s Nickkhun. All of the crew for Melissa is speaking their minds and they have a lot of opinions, and Hannah is really happy she can speak English. She is wondering how they will do on the reality show, if they air this, will they show how good 5 Pieces can communicate with the Americans?

“So Hannah can just sit here and listen while … you do the next part,” Melissa says when pointing from member to member, and she then looks back at Hannah, “Just for you to get in the song a bit before recording, alright?”

“Yes, sure,” Hannah nods, feeling stiff.

She hasn’t slept much because of the filming. Half the night they were filming at a club where Hannah was working as a secret agent undercover, she even was on a small stage singing. It is the first time she and Kim Jaejoong’s character see each other so it was important to get it well; Hannah had to be in the undercover character, she was y and charming towards Jaejoong while not forgetting the actual reason she was there. She has been so occupied with the drama filming that now just jumping in with 5 Pieces she almost gets a little dizzy.

The members are singing beautifully for [Sway]. Maria’s voice fits it so well. Hannah gets Carolina to help her practice for the part she is going to do, and Tito (Tyrone Thomas, the y tall Afro-American) is nodding and giving the thumbs up to say they are doing good.

Hannah grimaces to the camera when it is her turn. She doesn’t say anything about being irritated, as if it will hurt or that she will loose her voice; she drinks a lot of water, maybe too much.

The first recording goes well. Melissa seems the same like last year; excited working with 5 Pieces and she claps her hands when praising them, letting them record the thing one time before she is satisfied and her crew (three American men) keeps praising the girls too.

“At times, I’m pretty sure you are just teasing us,” Emelia jokes with Tito when she has done a soft rap for the recording and once again receiving praise.

“No, you know pretty well it is not teasing,” he laughs, already aware of how confident Emelia is in her self, and Emelia smiles, saying she is worth the praise. Amazing, Hannah is amazed with her own members too; they are doing so good.

During a break, Hannah sits down in a sofa in another room, her eyes closed when listening to Maria and their manager talking. They are talking about ordering dinner and Melissa’s supervisor Kian Warrick (the third crew member) steps inside the room to ask what they want for dinner. Everyone is thinking about dinner, but all Hannah wants to do is sleep.

Julia sits down quietly next to Hannah in the sofa, looking tired too.

“What were you doing all night?” Carolina talks in Korean, giving a laugh and leans over Hannah, holding on to Hannah’s shoulders.

“I was filming,” the girl whines, helpless in Carolina’s hands shaking her shoulders.

“You came late,” Carolina continues and Hannah isn’t sure what she wants to do with this.

“I know~” Hannah only whines.

“You are so cute~”

Hannah starts to laugh by Carolina’s way to act cute when telling that and Julia lies down the other side to not be part of the strangeness.

“Hannah,” Maria calls from over by the door, speaking in English; “Are you having chicken or something else? Because they are ordering now…”

“Chicken,” Hannah answer without any hesitation. She doesn’t need to know what food it is; she always take chicken; even Maria tells Kian that.

When Carolina walks away to bother someone else Hannah turns to sit on the side, looking at Julia for a few seconds before closing her eyes, voices coming and going through the room. She can not believe she is this tired, even hugging a bottle of water that she has kept next to her the whole time and whenever feel strange she takes a sip that uncomfortably goes down . Hannah does not want to get sick now.

“Are you sleeping?” Maria wonders when pushing to sit between the two in the sofa, placing her hand on Hannah’s leg, not seeing how Hannah shoots her eyes open by the sudden touch.

“I’m awake,” Hannah yawns and stretches her arms up in the air, then covers as she can see from the corner of her eyes that they are being filmed. Truly, cameras are annoying if you have them around you 24/7. What Maria does notice is that Hannah coughs seconds after speaking.

“If you get sick; stay away from me,” Maria warns her quickly, a manicured finger pointing at her. Hannah stays quiet but pouts. She thinks she is just exhausted; her voice need some rest, but she isn’t getting sick.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 11th: Fans Congratulates 5 Pieces’ Cat Ace’s Birthday

Headline 11th: ‘Barefoot Friends’ Reveals Teaser To Visit 5 Pieces’ Dorm Next Week!

 

Headline 12th: Korea’s Best NUMBER 5 Book Of The Week Is ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’, Guess Which Is NUMBER 1?

Headline 12th: EM Continues Her Solo Promotions In Japan

Headline 12th: EM Performs [Private Business] On HEY! HEY! HEY! Music Camp

 

Headline 13th: 3rd CF Version With 5 Pieces For Samsung Released In Asia & Europe

Headline 13th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Is Filming For New Drama In New York

 

Headline 14th: Maria Sends A Diva-Version Yawn From New York

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias