Chapter 69

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

5 Pieces’ 4th Japanese single [Secret Touch] has been released today, and for that, 5 Pieces is in Tokyo for two events during the day. The rain is pouring down but it is still hundreds of fans at both events; the events are indoors, but because of the rain it is easy to think people won’t come.

The girl-group starts off the event with an ordinary greeting, and friendly asking their fans there if they came here without problem because of the rain.

“[Secret Touch] is our… fourth, Japanese single,” Maria is introducing the single in Japanese, and Hannah is nodding from the other side of the row 5 Pieces are standing in. Maria looks suddenly to not know what she is supposed to say and when Hannah leans forward to see the leader, she spots Maria glance at the members before asking the audience; “Have you listened to it?”

The ladies can’t help but to laugh, because Maria forgot what to say and asked a question instead. Maria laughs too and apologizes a little to the audience before asking the ladies for help; her Japanese is still not good enough for her to remember the full introduction of their new single, especially since she got the papers this morning to learn.

“Our new single has two new songs; first the dance track [Secret Touch] and also the ballad [What Would It Look Like],” Hannah is the one introducing the single as she was the one helping Maria to learn it earlier. “[What Would It Look Like] also has an acapella track in the single, which is actually the first acapella we have done in Japanese... All songs and versions are really good and we hope our fans will enjoy listening to it.”

Carolina is smiling widely, not knowing what Hannah is saying but liking the clear voice of their youngest when she is talking in Japanese and Julia is trying to invincibly from the members give a wave to some fans in the audience. After that Hannah has introduced the single, Emelia and Carolina helps out to explain how this event will be like – performances, some talking and fan-signing.

For this event, because the single was released today, the fans had to sign up yesterday for the event and then get a call or somehow a message after a few hours if they can attend the event or not. Since it is two events during the day, a lot of fans signed up, not even half of them were chosen. Those who want to get the single – who hasn’t gotten it already because it came out today – could buy it outside the hall before taking their seats, because you need the single if you want to get up on the stage later to have it signed.

“We’ll go straight to the songs; please enjoy,” Julia sweetly says in Japanese and gives a smile before the ladies all looks to be calming themselves.

The first song is the ballad – [What Would It Look Like] – a song that all five ladies secretly think has the best meaning among all of their Japanese songs because it is a really beautiful melody and it is about caring for your self and others. The ladies were singing it when they were in Okinawa, practicing from time to time, but now when they will perform it for the first time Hannah can’t help but to feel nervous. At first she can’t even remember how it begins, all until it is a second left from the countdown in her ear and Hannah is in a hurry to put the microphone to her lips as she starts to harmonize with the other members. Her voice is a little too high when she begins so she lowers her voice a little.

 

[What Would It Look Like (それはどのように見えるか)]

 

*E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e*

The word e they sing is Japanese and could mean picture (絵), though the ladies are sure fans will think it is just some random harmonizing. They do it together; following the melody and making the audience get completely quiet. Hannah is the first one to sing, her voice low and her eyes look down when she tries to make sure her low note doesn’t waver.

[Hannah] *The tears you cry from your old scars

Don’t be saddened or scared

As a proof of living, we all carry our own scars*

Singing in Japanese always makes the lyrics longer, even if it is one word in English it could be two or three words in Japanese. But maybe that is the charm of Japanese; all the ladies think ballads in Japanese are really beautiful. It has its charm to it.

[Carolina] *Are you afraid of loving?

You pretend to not see what you have,

Turning your back for what it is in front of you*

Carolina is focused on her singing, to say the words correctly and Emelia who sings after her has a challenge of doing the last line before the chorus. She doesn’t have a strong and confident voice when she sings but for this song she doesn’t need it either as the other members take that part. Emelia’s voice fits well.

[Emelia] *Like the sun setting at night, a place that we now see, we can live it*

For the chorus, Hannah sings louder and in a little lighter than she could do if she didn’t sing as loud, but it is the perfect reaction after Emelia’s voice and fitting to the lyrics and chorus. The audience is bound by their song, sitting there with enormous eyes staring at the ladies who are standing on the stage. Hannah loves the lyrics and she can’t be still when singing the chorus just as she tries to make it sound exactly like she does in the CD-version. She wants to do well singing the chorus.

[CHORUS, Hannah]

*For anyone to feel the warmth of another person

This world is a beautiful place

[Maria + Julia] If we all learn to see and try

We can share much more and make a tender world that shines~*

 

*E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e*

Maria’s voice was heard the most during her and Julia’s part in the chorus; the audience leaning back in their seats by the power of her voice.

[Emelia] *Even if your heart [Hannah] is in deep pain

[Hannah + Emelia] There is another side of those tears*

 

[Julia] *A shape of light pushes [Carolina] its way into the darkness~

[Carolina + Julia] We’re here*

It’s beautiful how one member sings half a line first, how the second member sings out stronger and longer for the second half and they then sings the other line together. Hannah then sings her part, closing her eyes to focus just on her voice.

[Hannah] *As strong as we can feel the suffering

We can feel the people’s warmth*

Oh she is so nervous to sing this song. It isn’t just the first time they are performing it; she has more parts too. That is what happens when they are in Japan, Hannah gets to sing more, she gets to be in the centre for the dance performances and she is surprised she has managed to do it for the whole year though she is freaking out over it on the inside.

For the next part, Hannah sings in the background for Maria, both of them using loud voices. Hannah shifts hand for the microphone so she can look across the members at Maria who looks at her, the audience hesitating for a cheer but holds it back (Japanese fans shows respect during a song by staying quiet most of the time). Hannah then sings louder when Julia sings with her.

[Maria + Hannah] *We are all searching for a place

That can heal our sadness and fear

[Hannah + Julia] So for you, who try to live, don’t be afraid

Don’t hesitate, we’ll try together to be safe and protected*

 

*E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e*

 

[Maria] *My heart~ is in pain~~ ([Hannah] oooh~~)

Because your love~ is beautiful ([Julia] DON’T HIDE YOURSELF~)

Even just~ for a moment~ ([Carolina] I’LL LET YOU KNOW~ MY LOVE~)

I want to show~ a beautiful place~~ ([Emelia]) YOU KNOW, YOU’RE MY LOVE~~ Oh~!*

Maria’s part is long, high and extraordinary Maria-like. She sings beautifully with the members in between singing their parts. When Hannah has sung her light part, she just stands there, waiting for the chorus to begin and she looks out at the audience that look to be moved by the powerful and meaningful ballad. She can’t help but to wonder what their thoughts are; do they think the song fits 5 Pieces, that their singing is alright or what do they think?

In the chorus, all five members sing, as this is the highlight ending of the song. This time, the audience can’t help but to give a cheer at them, just briefly to listen to the end of the song.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*For anyone to feel the warmth of another person

This world is a beautiful place

If we learn to see and try,

We can share much more and make a tender world that shines*

 

*E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e

E, e – e, e, e – e, e – e, e, e*

 

A loud cheer comes from the audience after the ballad, an impressed audience.

5 Pieces perform the dance track [Secret Touch] too, and for some reason they are relaxing during the dance song compared to when they performed the ballad. The ladies are talking for a few minutes on the stage after performing their two songs and then they go backstage for the staff to prepare the tables and such for the fan-signing. The ladies drink some water, uses the bathroom and within minutes they are coming back up on the stage, one after one. Their staff backstage keeps saying their performances were flawless, making them feel satisfied especially with the fans’ reactions.

“So…” Hannah says when she has taken her seat and she has picked up the microphone from the table, glancing at Julia who is taking the seat next to Hannah. “Is everyone having a good beginning of the week?”

The fans start to cheer by her question, some actually answering and Hannah is nodding when making out a few of the answers. She likes to talk to their fans like this, when they aren’t performing or are on a large stage so it is too many fans or when they try to walk outside and being followed…

While waiting for the fan-signing part of the event to begin, and for the ladies to take their seats, Hannah is trying to chat a little with their fans. Emelia joins in the talking too; interrupting Hannah to say that the youngest is always excited to meet their Japanese fans because the other members always ask her for help in speaking Japanese.

“She is just jealous because they ask me and not her,” Hannah jokes, making their fans laugh and Emelia gives out a laugh, not hiding how she found it fun to have Hannah come with a good joke. Hannah reaches her tongue out at the leader sitting with Julia and Carolina between them. Maria takes her seat last; as she helped the staff makes sure the ladies have pens that work.

The fan-signing starts off with the fans lining up. Hannah is the last one of the members sitting by the table, so she sees when the first few fans steps up to Maria, going on to then Emelia, giving a gift to Carolina when coming to her and then giggling when reaching Julia and finally coming to Hannah. The blonde girl smiles up at every single fan coming up in front of her; she smiles, exchanging some words while signing her autograph in the single and when handing the single to the fan she shake hands, or for one girl she gives a hug on the fan’s request.

“Hannah, I’m going to Korea just for your book release next week,” a young girl with enormous eyes (she is wearing contacts) says when she hands the single to Hannah for her to sign. Hannah always gets nervous to look at those kinds of eyes. “Are you nervous for next week?”

“I’m really nervous,” Hannah laughs with her head down to focus on signing the single. “Did you read the first book?”

“Yes!” the girl’s eyes grow even bigger and she is holding her hands tightly together by her chest. “I have read it five times! I’m so happy the second book will come out, and I really love the characters and I really hope I will get to meet you at the book-signing next week!”

“I will look out for you,” Hannah smiles widely when returning the single, reaching out her hand for the girl. “And I hope you will like the second book as much as the first one.”

“I definitely will…” It is really huge eyes. But the girl doesn’t shake her hand; she is just stepping away with those big eyes not looking away from Hannah. Hannah keeps smiling and waves to her instead, and the girl waves before the staff guides her down from the stage and Hannah smiles up at the next one in line.

It’s an older woman standing in front of Hannah who carefully is placing a small gift bag on the table. Leaning slightly forward too let Hannah hear her talk. Hannah looks down on the single to find the page she will write her autograph on.

“Me and my daughter are big fans of yours,” the woman says in a low voice, having this typical motherly sound that makes Hannah give another smile to her.

“Is your daughter here?” Hannah asks her (as it is usually if a mother or sister or brother who says that is there with the person they mention), always trying her best to response to the fans that talk to her during fan-signings, especially as it is a very short amount of time she gets with each fan.

“No… She is at the hospital – cancer,” the woman’s voice has changed and Hannah hesitates in the middle of writing her autograph. “She only has a few months left to live, but she has been a big fan of yours for years. We actually watch the re-runs of Fist of Victory all the time; you are only turning more beautiful by the day.”

“Thank you,” Hannah forces out a big smile, not really knowing how to response about the first part, and she feels bad about it for some reason.

“My daughter really like your songs; everything you do actually. It helps her to stay positive about the cancer you see, it gives her a lot of strength so I feel really grateful for that we got to go on 5 Pieces’ concert that other time,” the woman says and points at the post-it in the single for Hannah to write the name.

“Did she like the concert?” Hannah asks, as it makes her feel bad to know a cancer-sick girl went to their concert and she only has a few months left to live. Hannah adds a PS under the autograph, telling them both to stay strong.

“Oh yes! She loved it!” the woman laughs and then remembers the gift bag. “She wrote you a letter here, and I wrote you one too, and there are home-made cookies in here that you can share with your friends. Please enjoy them well.”

Hannah smiles at the woman when giving her the single. “Thank you so much. I’m sure we’ll enjoy the cookies, and I’ll read the letters, I promise,” Hannah says and stand up to shake the woman’s hand, seeing the woman has a camera around her wrist. “Do you want to take a picture too? Maybe for your daughter to see”

“Can I?” the woman shines up brightly and Hannah ignores her manager standing between her and Julia to step next to the table to take the picture with the woman, hearing other fans giving their shouts. “Thank you! Oh my… thank you so much!”

The woman reaches out her hand to shake Hannah’s hand again, but when seeing that the woman is crying Hannah gives her a hug instead. “You’re going to make me cry,” Hannah giggles to the woman, smiling at her after the hug. “Please send my greetings to your daughter, and take care of yourself.”

She nods at Hannah’s words, thanking her for treating a stranger like this, and Hannah then walks back behind the table. She doesn’t take a seat right away but turns to her manager to make sure the tears in her eyes don’t ruin her make-up. With an apologetic smile to the fan waiting in line she sits down by the table again, apologizing when starting to sign again.

About forty people later, she is laughing at a Korean fan who steps up with a pout in front of her.

“I asked the other ladies, but they didn’t know; when is 5 Pieces making a Korean comeback?” he pouts at Hannah, and he is completely adorable though Hannah isn’t sure if he is older or younger than her.

“Are you disappointed in us?” Hannah laughs lightly and he pouts even more, his face-expression saying that wasn’t what he meant.

“No…” he mutters. “I just miss 5 Pieces in Korea.”

“We miss our Korean fans too,” Hannah tells him and he smiles, a little embarrassed that she asked if he was disappointed. “But before you know it, we will come back, alright? You just have to wait a little longer.”

She is in a good mood and treats each fan with a smile and light jokes, feeling very good with herself over her professional attitude to the different questions and comments fans pop up when they get in front of her. All of the ladies have their weird fans lining up at the event, and it is fun for all of them to meet their Japanese fans one more time.

 

When the second event has ended and 5 Pieces has done some promotional interviews in Japanese they are in the van on their way to the airport to head back to Korea. Hannah had been looking through her big bag of gifts after the first event to find this gift bag she got from the mother, just so she can read it on the way home. Now she is sitting in the back of the van, leaning against the window with one hand holding up her head and the other holding the letter written by the daughter.

Her name is Saruwatari Michiyo, only 24 years old, and she was diagnosed with the cancer just a few months ago. According to what Hannah can read from the letter, the girl had hurt her leg and went to the hospital where they found out about the cancer, but she hadn’t shown any symptoms of it so the cancer had gotten to spread. It is a long letter that makes Hannah both cry and smile, finding this girl absolutely amazing. The girl has lost all her hair and her family is heartbroken, but she keeps having this positive mind in the letter that Hannah is reminded of the mother who came up to her at the fan-signing. She has a great mother, Hannah is happy for that. And the girl writes a lot about how and why 5 Pieces has helped her to stay positive, writing that even before cancer she was helped by 5 Pieces’ music going through her parent’s divorce and the difficulties of graduating and trying to find a good job.

The whole letter makes Hannah realise how important it is that she stays as a good role model, maybe not a role model but with music and 5 Pieces she is actually helping people. Sure, Hannah can’t help anyone cure cancer or get a job, but through the messages and letters she get from fans she realises that their minds grow more positive thanks to their music. And isn’t that telling her that she is doing a great job?

Reading the letter take time; she is on the plane when she finish reading it and then she lets Emelia read it too as she is curious to know why the youngest is shedding some tears. Emelia doesn’t cry, Hannah can’t understand how she doesn’t cry, but she says it is heartbreaking and admirable to read the letter.

“Maybe we could visit her; as a ‘thank’ for her being such a devoted fan and admirable person,” Emelia mentions.

Hannah raises her eyebrows at her though. “You seriously think they will let us do that?”

“Why not? For us it would be great to meet her in many ways, and the company might agree on it since it would be good publish for us,” Emelia shrugs her shoulders. “Everyone wins, right? And, that girl gets to meet her idols. She gets a win too.”

“Mm…” Hannah mumbles. She looks down on the letter in her hands. It surely would be great to meet this girl, to show that she is completely amazing and rather than thinking it would be a good publishing, Hannah wants to let this girl know how much her life and story and positivity means. “But I don’t think I could handle meeting her though,” Hannah mentions when they are getting up from their seats as the plane has landed. “I would just cry so badly.”

Emelia smirks. “I think you would do that, yes,” she agrees.

When going through the airport, Hannah is getting ready with the other letter in her hand. The daughter’s letter and the gift bag are in her own bag while she walks around with the mother’s letter in her hand so she won’t forget to read it. Maria comes up next to her to link an arm. For once, Maria is in sneakers instead of high heels, but Hannah is also in sneakers so she is still shorter.

“They write in English for me,” Maria says with a nod at Hannah’s letter. “It’s cute.”

Hannah smiles at their leader, stopping outside the van waiting for them. Manager Lee holds up the door for them, talking in a low voice to Julia who gets in first that they are heading to the company right away to finish the practice for [WHO-I AM] and after that hurry home to get sleep as they have to get up early in the morning to film the music video.

“Hurry up, hurry up,” Carolina comes from behind, pushing Hannah a little to get inside the van. “I want to go home and sleep.”

She hadn’t heard their manager saying what they will do, and Hannah has no intention of telling her friend about it either – especially not with some fans standing a few meters away with enormous cameras to take paparazzi pictures of them. So she takes her seat in the back; they have their usual seats, which they have probably used for many years. At times they change, at least the other members, but Hannah likes her seat in the back corner.

The mother’s letter is thinner, but the handwriting is exactly the same. Hannah wonders if the mother wrote both letters; she doesn’t know how it is like when you have cancer. Maybe the daughter can’t write by herself? Either way, Hannah spends the car-ride reading the letter. She finishes reading it and then reads it again, and a third time she goes through some certain parts. This family is wonderful, she thinks, touched by the mother’s letter just as much as the daughter’s.

This letter tells the point of view of a mother caring for her daughter who has cancer, also mentioning that 5 Pieces’ music makes her daughter much happier, thanking not just Hannah but all the ladies of the group. She is praising 5 Pieces in the letter, saying that they show people that impossible things are just in your mind; ‘nothing is impossible, you taught my daughter that, giving her a better life even if she won’t live as long as so many others’ the woman wrote. ‘You taught me that too. I feel like I know 5 Pieces because of the way you open up and being yourself, and every day when I say my prayers I pray for 5 Pieces too, because you have shown me (an old lady!) that life has many fast turns that we don’t like or want; the question is if you will make that sudden turn be good or bad.

Hannah is teary when reading this letter over and over again, feeling so bad for what some people think of her.

An old lady like me is probably strange to like the young girls that you are, but your music is giving even someone like me the strength to go through the day. Lately it has been very difficult to me and my family. I have to bury my own child one day, and thinking about it makes it more and more difficult to smile at her while she still has so much energy. As a mother it seems to me that my child is still just a child, though she has grown up to be a young, beautiful woman. I am happy to know that we share something that keeps us together these days. 5 Pieces made me closer to my daughter than I have been in years, and I still remember the day when my daughter was listening to your songs when you made your debut here in Japan.

The noise in the van goes louder for her ears as Carolina next to her starts to complain about having to go practice now when they are tired from the day’s schedule. Hannah tries to ignore it at first, but honestly, with a person complaining a few centimetres away from your ear, you can’t focus on anything else; so Hannah puts in earphones and listens to loud music instead. She can’t stop reading through the two letters she has received.

They are both amazing people.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

¤¤¤ Headline 25th: American Viewers Impressed With 5 Pieces In Documentary ¤¤¤

 

An American documentary about 5 Pieces aired earlier today and surprised with a shocking amount of viewers, but the amount of viewers is not what the talk is at the moment. After the documentary aired, 5 Pieces was a big talk on twitter among many Americans and according to statistics, hundreds of people downloaded 5 Pieces songs on ITunes and other music sites; only in America. It seems like 5 Pieces managed to charm a bigger audience through this documentary. Just the teaser of this documentary has gotten a million of viewers on YouTube after just a week since release. The teaser is a mix of clips that is in the documentary, having words in it to describe 5 Pieces;

^They are one of the most admiring people on the earth^, ^The World’s Most Flawless Group^, ^They came to South Korea, became a sensation there and now they are the world’s most wanted artists^, ^The future of music^, ^We follow them behind their activities, to let you see the hidden fabulous life of 5 Pieces^, ^A craze you can’t avoid^, ^Millions of fans all around the whole world^ and ^Sweeps the music charts^.

But what was the documentary really showing?

We have looked up the extraordinary comments given during the documentary, some of the scenes and more that could have brought the interest to the viewers.

As a documentary, the cameras followed 5 Pieces during their Japanese promotions back in February-March, both in the making of their first Japanese album [Run Out] and their first Arena Tour BAD GIRLS, revealing the hard work of 5 Pieces both on the stage and off the stage and also revealing 5 Pieces’ real thoughts about music, being in group and K-Pop.

 

The documentary starts by showing a very cool clip from 5 Pieces Arena Tour BAD GIRLS of the girls walking backstage, ready to take on the stage as you can hear a loud cheering from the audience waiting for the first concert of this tour to begin. You can hear staff talking and 5 Pieces preparing with their headset microphones, seeing the mess of people backstage as the concert is minutes away. It then shows them all standing together backstage for a last time cheer, and Maria shouts in Japanese “BAD GIRLS first concert!” followed by everyone there calling out “Let’s go! Let’s go! 5 Pieces!” ending with hands flying up in the air.

A mix of clips with sounds of the concert’s first song begins, revealing the enormous audience cheering and 5 Pieces making their appearance on the stage. It looks cool and charismatic and something that makes you want to be part of the audience and cheer along to 5 Pieces.

It then stops to show the name of the documentary and a much calmer clip starts to show, a male voice teller opens it by talking while showing the members of 5 Pieces in the practice-room, preparing for their arena tour.

>In Tokyo, Japan, we first meet the young girl-group 5 Pieces, a few weeks before their first concert<

The clip has 5 Pieces along with their dancers going through the choreography for a new song, voices are heard as they are directed of how to move and everyone is focusing on learning.

>The five young girls made a debut in South Korea back in 2008, and in 2011 they made their official debut in Japan; a country where 5 Pieces already had a big name thanks to the popularity of Korean music around Asia. 5 Pieces maybe is representing K-Pop and music for the whole world today, but just five years ago they were normal teenage girls, living in a small city in Sweden<

Maria is sitting down for a private interview, dressed prettily with her hair long and straight and professional, and she smiles when they ask her about the beginning of the 5 Pieces we know today. She answers in English;

“My sisters were listening to Korean and Japanese music and I got addicted to it too, so in school I kept talking about it to my friends and eventually they were hooked on it as well. And the five of us listened to it together before we for fun formed our own group. That was how it all begun.”

>5 Pieces has come a long way in these five years, especially as they say they couldn’t even dance but are now making the whole world move with their phenomenal song [Daze]<

This time it is Emelia sitting on the same place where Maria had been sitting, Emelia looking like a lady and not as cold and ghost-like as she usually does. “We got quite the shock around New Year when we heard from our families in Sweden that our song was constantly heard being played in the clubs and on the radios in our home-country. It still feels great.”

 

>5 Pieces is currently preparing for a tour in Japan. It is their first tour on their own and they are nervous because the whole concert is in a language they barely know and it is in a country they haven’t spent much time in. But their music is still heard everywhere in Japan and it doesn’t seem like the language barrier or culture difference is pushing 5 Pieces back on taking another step up in their careers<

 

“They like to know what is going on,” a staff of the concert revealed.

Another one says; “5 Pieces is very easy to work with. They are friendly and down-to-earth, which not just us who works with them get to experience but also their fans. But they are extremely professional at the same time; if we want to do a remix of a song, the members have their own opinions and ideas about it as they know what they want and what their audience wants.”

“They are on a level on their own. They are respected as artists in not just Korea and Japan but in other countries too, just because wherever they go they are professional. Last year, 5 Pieces had five concerts in less than a week, and they pulled off the concerts perfectly, all live, and they treated the staff politely everywhere they went. It is no stopping for 5 Pieces.”

 

>The members of 5 Pieces are always seen together in Japan. For the weeks preparing for their album and arena tour, they are constantly seen practicing. Even when eating they are practicing<

After a clip of the girls going through the list of songs while eating, a clip of Maria all sweaty in the practice-room shows.

“I look tired, don’t I?” she smiled at the camera, speaking in English.

>Though the members looked tired during practice, their mood was constant on the top<

“Let’s do it one more time, please! Thank you,” Maria says in Japanese as they gather to continue their practice.

 

Carolina said during the personal interview; “You could say we have been dancing and singing every day since we came to Korea. So for five years, we have been dancing and singing nonstop.”

 

The camera was filming from the side of a set where 5 Pieces was filming a Japanese TV-program, working hard on promoting their new album. Hannah was giving an answer to a question they received.

>In a Japanese show, Hannah is the one talking and making the hosts laugh<

The host later is interviewed for the documentary about 5 Pieces and he says; “Wherever you go in Tokyo, 5 Pieces is seen. They are very hardworking and fun, very straightforward as well. They are popular in Japan because of their different image from other artists, and they have a very good sense of humour.”

 

>In the middle of rehearsal, Maria left the scene<

The documentary even showed Maria stepping outside during the break to call someone, standing out in the staircase on her own.

>Because of their hectic schedule every day, the members miss their families who are still living in Sweden<

They asked Maria about it after she was done on the phone.

“We see them … maybe two times a year. We stay in touch with each other as much as we can, but there is a time difference and we don’t have time to contact each other much.”

>Starting to work at a young age, 5 Pieces were far away from their real families in Sweden but created their own family with the staff working with them.<

Clips of 5 Pieces fooling around with the staff especially backstage at the arena are shown, the girls having an endless amount of fun teasing, playing games, making fun of their stylists and managers and staff

 

>With 5 Pieces, the fans know they won’t be disappointed<

“They always make the audience have fun during their performances”

“Fans would spend the whole day outside a building just to catch a glimpse of these girls, and 5 Pieces can’t go anywhere without a manager and personal body guards”

 

>All those weeks practicing and being nervous, the moment 5 Pieces get on the stage, you can only see the superstars they are<

 

>No concert is the same, the way the audience dedicates to the concert and each performance is something we haven’t seen before<

 

5 Pieces is standing on the stage together towards the ending of the concert, looking out over the purple audience with teary eyes

>Still young girls, the members got teary at the end of their first arena tour. This is only the beginning of 5 Pieces’ busy schedules in Japan, and they are happy to see such a large and dedicated audience at their first concert<

“THANK YOU!” they call out in Japanese and the girls bow down politely to the audience. You can really feel the sincerity in their words and actions.

>Always hardworking for the group and fans, 5 Pieces never takes a break. If they aren’t on the stage performing, they will be backstage practicing. it is a group surely to look forward to<

 

-For their passion, there is nothing they can’t do-

 

The documentary kept praising 5 Pieces from beginning to end, talking about the five young girls who were barely 16 years old when they first went to Korea, now five years later are taking on the whole world. Fans from everywhere came to their Japan tour, but the documentary also showed the endless schedule for 5 Pieces; mentioning that young idols in Korea belonging to the Hallyu Wave have such a schedule that they just get 3-4 hours sleep each night, at times having such a difficult schedule that they don’t get to sleep at all. Though 5 Pieces showed a very positive response to the questions given in the documentary, clips of them being tired from practice still have some of us thinking that America wants to put K-Pop in a bad image.

Songs from the concert that they did show to reveal not just 5 Pieces’ amazing popularity and professionalism on stage, and also their good music, the song were the Japanese fun song [For a Lifetime], their Japanese hit song [Run Out], a short clip of the ballad [Life, Life, Life], then the ending of 5 Pieces performing the Korean song [Oppa] and making an encore with the English version of [Daze]. America loves [Daze], everyone know it from the way they talk about it nonstop during the documentary.

But then again, who does not love [Daze]?

And 5 Pieces

 

Fans have commented after the documentary “5 Pieces are really professional! I’m impressed watching this”, “Each member has such an important role in the group. recording in Japan, Hannah really is the member meddling between everyone as she speaks the languages. Maria thinks about each member, she is a true leader you can see it, Carolina keeps the mood up… They are amazing”, “Hannah sounds so good speaking Japanese, wish she would speak it more often”, “Always hardworking, the documentary didn’t leave much praise behind ;)”, “If they filmed 5 Pieces’ for their BLACK & WHITE tour, it would be three-times more work and craziness” and so on.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 24th: (Sweden) 5 Pieces Confirmed In Last Minute For Sundsvall’s Music Festival

 

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ 4th Japanese Single [Secret Touch] Finally Released

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces Charms Tokyo With Their Secret Touch Events

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces’ Japan Life To Be Shown On Life of Pieces Season 4

Headline 25th: Episode 4 Airs For A Part of Pieces On MBC

Headline 25th: Members of 5 Pieces Show Off Their Stunning Street Fashion During Their Vacation

Headline 25th: The Differences In 5 Pieces’ Hotel Rooms Gives Laughter In A Part of Pieces

Headline 25th: Hannah Endlessly Walk Around In London

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces Get Emotional Being Apart For Too Long?

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias

Buhu