Chapter 57

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

On Friday, after spending the week in London, Hannah heads to Sweden. It is about 2-3 hours flight to Denmark’s capital and then the train to Malmö in Sweden, and half of the day she has kept her cell phone close to make sure she will be picked up by her manager and that all the ladies are on their. They are filming for the show now too, to reveal how 5 Pieces get together in Sweden after their vacation. Not until they have gotten off the train in Sweden and are standing outside in the sun, Hannah has a troubled look on her face.

She is on the phone with her manager, turning away from the cameras while taking her hand through her hair, tired from travelling today and now she gets not the best news. Once she is done on the phone, her eyes focused on writing a text message, the crew films closer to her face when asking what is going on.

“Carolina missed her flight,” Hannah pouts and looks up at the crew with a sad face-expression.

She keeps grimacing when waiting, and she keeps pouting when a van pulls over in front of them and Manager Lee steps out to help them with the luggage.

“What happened with Carolina?” Hannah asks him when they are heading to the back to put in the luggage; the driver comes to help out too. Hannah greets the driver before her manager answers; the driver is a Swedish man, who looks very relaxed when Hannah greets him in Swedish.

“She overslept,” Manager Lee sounds annoyed, lifting up a bag in the car. “I have had Emelia help me to re-arrange today’s schedule because Carolina will be three hours late, and then this driver can’t understand my English at all so I had to show him all the papers for him to know where we are going. From now on, you will talk to him.”

The camera-team is coming with them too, only filming with one camera when they get in the van.

“How was London?” Manager Lee asks from the passenger seat, looking over his shoulder at Hannah sitting behind the driver. He seems in a better mood now when changing subject. Hannah is wearing a blue baseball cap that she bought yesterday during the shopping time in London, wearing it now just because she didn’t fix her hair in the morning because they left so early.

“The weather was awesome,” Hannah tiredly answers though her tone changes of excitement, “every day was really fun.”

“Lee Sooman called Chunho Hyung,” Manager Lee mentions, “because it came out so many articles about you all, so he asked if everything was going well – if you needed security or something.”

“Ah, yes, Appa called to ask about that too,” Hannah nods and the crew that is with them give their comments too, saying Manager Lim (Appa – Chunho Hyung) called them to make sure it was alright for Hannah to walk around in London with a crowd after her. The worst was before the musical that other day, after that it wasn’t as much.

Manager Lee tells her that all the other members beside from Carolina are at the hotel, probably resting as some of them have been on very long flights, and that their stylists are there too.

“We are going to get something to eat first,” Manager Lee says when they have talked a bit. Hannah nods, liking the idea. But at the moment she can’t wait to get to the hotel and meet her members.

Hannah’s cell phone starts to ring, and when she picks it up she frown when seeing it is Taemin who is calling. She answers with a pout, wondering by herself if Taemin has ever called her before.

“Hello…” she answers, putting her other hand by her other ear to keep the noise out.

Hannah!” It is Taemin, making her giggle at the surprisingly cuteness in his voice. “What are you doing?

“I’m in Sweden,” Hannah follows his cuteness, “This week’s weather has been completely awesome, oh, and Carolina missed her flight… But did something happen for you to call me? What’s up?”

He laughs in the other end at her commenting about him calling, making her think something is up. She is suspicious.

Hannah, have you watched me on We Got Married?” Taemin wonders and Hannah automatically gives out a sound, a sort of whine, when leaning her head back in the seat.

“Didn’t you ask me that last week too?”

I did?” Taemin sounds confused.

She is pretty sure he asked her when they were at Dream Concert last week, or they talked about it. Maria had looked at it because she is also in We Got Married, but Hannah hasn’t watched it. Maria once asked if she wants to see it together, Taemin’s part, but Hannah actually avoided it because it feels too awkward. Taemin married? It is so weird. Jonghyun’s comment was “how can he get married before me?”

“Yes… But Taemin, why are you calling?”

I’m filming now, and Maria didn’t answer when I called her,” he answers at the same time as Manager Lee asks Hannah where they are going to buy food.

“Taemin, hold on a second,” Hannah says and puts the cell phone to her chest when leaning forward to ask the driver in Swedish if he could stop by some fast food place on the way to the hotel. When he answers, Hannah tells her manager about it before she tells Taemin she is back, asking him to repeat what he said.

I’m filming We Got Married. So … this will be broadcasted,” he answers.

“Eh!” Hannah gives out a laugh, especially at her own reaction because it is a reaction used in Japan. “Taemin-ah! I’m hanging up now, okay?”

No, no, no! Nuna~ Listen to me,” Taemin laughs, and she can hear his shock and panic over her reaction.

Hannah quietly waits for him to continue, because he told her to listen, and because he called her nuna. But he stays quiet for a few seconds.

Are you there?” he then asks and she chuckles.

“I haven’t hung up yet, Taemin.” Her answer is colder, and she thinks he should know it is because he called her nuna and Taemin laughs at her chilly answer. Hannah suddenly leans forward to say in Swedish; “Could you turn left here to the pizzeria? Thank you.”

Hannah, I want to introduce someone to you,” Taemin tells her and you can hear him and someone else whisper in the background.

Sunbaenim, hello, I’m A Pink’s Naeun,” a girl’s voice is barely heard, being really low. Hannah gets embarrassed, greeting her back. As long as they won’t ask Hannah if she knows any A Pink songs; automatically, Hannah prepares herself to jokingly say Carolina is in charge of girl-groups – as they have said that on other shows – but lucky her, they don’t ask her that. Hannah knows nothing at all about A Pink, beside from that they are from Cube… Hannah gets confused; they are from Cube, right?

She’s my wife,” Taemin proudly announces.

“I know that, silly,” Hannah pouts and she can hear the girl laugh over her answer. “Are you two having fun then?”

She gets out of the van when they stop, simply waving and doing hand motions to answer questions when those around her ask something, because she is busy on the phone. The girl from A Pink makes a sudden question, asking Hannah if Taemin has ever cooked meat for a girl – she can clearly hear that this girl and Taemin are in their own world at the moment, giggling and whispering to each other while walking to her.

“Yes, he has,” Hannah answers without actually really thinking of the question, too busy motioning for those around her to stop talking to her.

WHAT? Nuna!” Taemin bursts out, shocked over her answer.

“You cooked last year when we were at a recording,” Hannah coolly answers.

Oh…

Did he feed someone too?” the girl wonders.

Hannah can’t remember her name, though she introduced herself just a few minutes ago. “Feed? Not at that dinner… You two are really weird,” Hannah smiles and enters the pizzeria with the crew too. The driver is in the van, as he isn’t going to eat with them though Hannah said they could pay for his.

At our first meeting, Taemin said he has only cooked meat for an old lady before,” the girl from A Pink tells Hannah, “but then I heard from others that he has done it before.

Hannah really can’t understand the big deal. Cooking meat for someone, who cares? She can hear Taemin tell his “wife” that Hannah never laughs at his jokes. Though s cry (he says that), Hannah gives no reaction at all.

“You mean she laughs at your jokes?” Hannah laughs at the idea of Taemin making a girl laugh; this time his wife, who Hannah can’t remember how she looks like. “That’s funny.”

“Hannah, you have to order,” Manager Lee interrupts in a low voice; as the only Swedish speaking person, Hannah has to order for them.

“Taemin, was it something more you wanted? I have to go now,” Hannah says, turning towards the window. They say their goodbyes and she wishes them good luck on their marriage – this is after all not her first friends on We Got Married, so she knows what to say.

With a big smile she steps up to the man waiting to take their order. She orders for the others first before ordering a chicken salad for herself. Done ordering they just need to wait for the food, and during that time Hannah and the crew are talking to Manager Lee about their trip to London; about seeing the cast of Fast & Furious 6 (that somehow has become the highlight of the trip), telling about all the things they have seen and Hannah is smiling when listening to the crew saying their feet hurt so much from all the walking. She does feel a little bad about what, but it was definitely worth it. Getting back in the van with the food, Hannah sends a text message to Jonghyun with a smile, writing that Taemin called her and briefly the reason why he did that, and also that she now is safe in Sweden. If she doesn’t text him when she lands, he always calls her to make sure everything is alright. They just can’t stop contacting each other.

 

When coming inside the hotel room with all her luggage and the salad, Hannah gives out a bright sound when spotting a pale-skinned girl watching TV from the bed. Long black hair is wet from a shower, and Emelia looks at Hannah tiredly.

“Yo.”

But Emelia can’t her laughter when Hannah drops her things and jumps up on the double bed, and after a hug they are just lying in the bed and giggling together, exchanging experiences from their two different vacations. Emelia has had a blast in China; she has seen a lot of culture and she visited a friend who was a year in Sweden during their first year in high school, who Emelia has promised to visit if she ever had the time. The friend had apparently showed her around too.

“We spoke Chinese the whole time,” Emelia laughs happily in her dark voice. “Two in the crew got sick though, so they spent half of the week in the hotel… Other than that, each day was a ing blast.”

Hannah is so happy to have a friend next to her now. She can’t stop smiling when telling Emelia about Fast & Furious 6. She got to see the cast – most of them – and she stood and shouted after them like any other person on the planet would do. It was a big difference compared to how 5 Pieces are used to be on the red carpet in Asia for their activities, because this time, Hannah was just one in the crowd. The crew actually asked her if she shouldn’t flaunt her name to get to meet the actors in person, but Hannah didn’t want to do that; just this experience to stand in the crowd and be nothing but a fan was part of her vacation. How she was jumping and squealing with Emelia on the phone when she came back to the hotel that night…

Soon enough, Hannah is sitting in the bed, eating her salad and watching TV while talking to Emelia. Their manager has come inside to talk about the new schedule, and Hannah eats faster to not miss the chance to go out on shopping. Emelia is coming too, though she doesn’t want to shop she wants to see how Malmö looks like – this is their first time here.

Julia and Maria are waiting by the elevators, and they get both super loud when seeing Hannah and the youngest runs in their arms, laughing. Manager Lim looks troubled at them, saying it will be a loud shopping hour. Hannah can’t stop smiling when they are sitting in the van, the girl is still hugging Julia’s arm, listening to them all talking in mouth on each other to tell each other about their vacations. Their first time away from each other like this, and it is great to be back with them. Only one piece is missing though, but Carolina is on her way.

The girls don’t shop much, as they have apparently done that on their vacations. Hannah though, follows Maria to a make-up store, filled with perfume, make-up, lotion and more. Maria is talking about that she bought a really nice perfume in Melbourne while Hannah glides over to the cologne. Maria gives her a glance.

“Buying something y to your boyfriend?”

“I want to buy him cologne…”

“YES! You should do that!”

Maria is next to her, starting to smell the different bottles. Hannah wanted to buy it in London, but since she got absolutely no idea of what smells nice, she thought she could ask a specialist for help. Which is why she looks up at stylist Yong Hyun when she wants help; who has come along with them and is now standing on Hannah’s other side. Maria’s excitement is on the top; Hannah buying cologne to her boyfriend.

“Why do you want to get just cologne?” Maria wonders while handing Hannah a bottle she thinks smells nice.

“I wanted to get him a watch first, because he likes that, but then I saw online that cologne is more special somehow…” Hannah shrugs her shoulders and makes a face towards the bottle she has gotten, letting Yong Hyun smell it too. She doesn’t like it, and she is happy that their stylist shakes his head and puts it away. “It must be Jonghyun’s scent…”

Yong Hyun chuckles at Hannah’s comment. “Then you can figure it out the best on your own,” he teases. They still help her to find something.

 

Coming back to the hotel they are washing up and getting ready with hair and make-up and styling from top to toe before going to the lobby to do interviews that they practiced on in the hotel room. Carolina comes before they head off to do some TV recordings and interviews. While working, a woman is taking a few pictures of them for SM Entertainment’s Facebook page, to reveal that 5 Pieces is now in Sweden, preparing for Eurovision tomorrow. She takes pictures of 5 Pieces sitting for an interview; when they are in the van and nicely poses for the camera on their way to the next schedule; when they are sitting on a program for an interview and also at a radio…

Hannah is super happy. Maybe because she has spent five days away from the members and now she is suddenly back being with the group, answering questions they have gotten so many times before and now also being asked a lot about Eurovision that they will attend tomorrow. Every interview, program and radio they do for these 4-5 hours are filled with questions about Eurovision 2013, asking if 5 Pieces have prepared a special performance, what they think of being invited, if they usually watch it, if they have some song this year they like and so on. Maria answers a lot of questions, being the one who has followed this the best among them.

When the schedule is done and they are back at the hotel, the ladies gather in one room to show off what they have bought at their vacations and to exchange experiences, being filmed and filming on their own. How much of it that will air, they don’t really care as they are more interested in hearing what each member has been doing and to see what has been bought. It is a lot of fun knowing that they have all bought something to each member. Hannah shows the souvenirs she had gotten; from Madame Tussauds a trophy, Willy Wonka candy, a teddy bear from London Zoo, she has bought twelve postcards of London to show what places she has been at. All of them have gotten interesting things, and even Maria didn’t spend her time just shopping as she said she would. She went clubbing too, but she has a lot of pictures from Melbourne.

 

Early in the morning they get up, starting with simple hair and make-up for the day’s schedule. While getting ready they eat the hotel-breakfast in the room and talks about today’s interviews; what questions they might get and how to answer them. The first thing on their schedule is a morning radio show that also airs on TV, where 5 Pieces arrive to and starts going through the interview there right away. Hannah is nervous yet excited. The man hosting the radio TV seems really nice and he greets all five girls with a firm handshake and eye-contact, and he then starts the morning radio TV.

“This week we have had a special show by airing directly from Malmö for Eurovision 2013. Today is the final of the contest and we had Sweden’s contestant Robin here yesterday talking about his experience in Eurovision for the first time and he also brought up today’s special guests that we have been talking about for weeks wanting to get on our show just for Eurovision, because they are deadly to reach,” he is explaining while the ladies are standing around the table with him, smiling over him speaking Swedish and how he is starting to introduce them. “Today’s very special guests have a million of fans all around the world. They started out in South Korea as the very first foreign group to make a debut in Asia, and this was five years ago – today, they are not just the pride of Sweden, but also the pride of music and courage for the whole world. Last year they held their very first Asian tour, gathering more than 180.000 fans in total! They are the SECOND Swedish artist to ever being guests on the American talk-show Ellen DeGeneres, and they have been praised by P!nk, Alicia Keys and Robert Downey Jr! Who are they? They are the girl-group putting the whole planet in a Daze! Welcome, 5 Pieces!”

Carolina begins to say their introduction in Swedish; “Hello, we are pieces of one-” and all five of them finishes off gallantly; “5 Pieces!”

The host cheers at their impressive introduction, starting off by asking if they usually do that.

“We have done it for five years, whenever we introduce yourselves, which is almost every day,” Maria answers with a smile.

“Before anything else, I want to ask you about this tour you had last year: over 180.000 fans?”

The girls are nodding, but Carolina is the one answering. “It was twelve concerts around Asia, and two concerts in Sweden.”

“Oh, you had two in Sweden too?” the host looks surprised.

“Yes, we had… Fans in Europe were doing flash mobs to bring our tour to Europe, but because we couldn’t everywhere, we decided to make it special by appearing in our home town to do the concert there,” Emelia answers.

“But the amount of fans is correct?”

The ladies glance at each other, answering in low voices that it is about right.

“Whoa… that is sick,” the host can’t help to say. “So you are used to perform to a large audience then? Today you will perform live in front of whole Europe; is it a piece of cake for you?”

“No!”

“Not a piece of cake,” they are all shaking their heads.

“Rather than thinking it will be easy, we really love to perform so we are looking forward to get this chance to perform at Eurovision. No matter how many times we perform in front of a big audience we will always get nervous and excited for it,” Carolina nicely answers.

He looks down at his notes when nodding. “5 Pieces has been active as a girl-group in South Korea for the past five years, when you were as young as 15-16 years old. How has that been like? Have you lived there with your families and what have you been doing there to reach where you are today?”

That was an in-deep question, making Maria open to breathe in.

“Our families still live here in Sweden, so it has been just the five of us since the beginning,” Maria answers while nodding her head. “In Korea we have lived in an apartment for the past five years, and recently we got an apartment in Japan too because of our activities there.”

“Wow, so you have three homes?”

“You could say that.”

“What have you been doing in Korea to come where you are today then? Have you only been performing every single day or … what do you do?”

Maria glances at Emelia and the rapper is the one answering this time. “Almost every single day when we are in Korea, we are working some way. We record songs, we practice the dances, we go on radio programs, TV, we take lessons to improve and we prepare for a comeback as soon as we end something.”

“Are you preparing a comeback now as well?”

“At the moment, we are preparing to work in Japan and also to have our second tour, so we have a lot coming up,” Maria answers with a nod and Hannah finds herself nodding too.

“Has there been any difficulties being in Korea? You have been there for five years, coming back and forth and living without your families… There must have been difficulties?”

“Of course. We had a problem with basically everything the first two years because of the culture shock and because we were learning everything at once,” Maria nicely answers, “and even if we have had a lot of fun, there are always some difficulties being abroad, working like this.”

“What was the most recent difficulty for you?” he wonders, having a hand motion when saying it.

“A few weeks ago,” Julia is the one answering first, and then points at Carolina standing next to her, “We had a concert in Japan where Carolina got hurt, so we had to continue working without her, which was difficult because already the day after, we had another concert, so we had to perform for two hours with just four of the members… That was difficult.”

The other members are agreeing and the DJ asks Carolina if she is alright now, and she says she is as healthy as a horse.

“I actually heard before the show now,” the man starts to say, glancing around after the person he heard it from but ending up saying the person has disappeared, “5 Pieces had a difficulty yesterday… Do you all like milk?”

All of them start to laugh loudly at his sudden question (Carolina even claps her hands together), but the laughter is for a reason, and while laughing loudly they ask him how he knows about that. He is scratching his forehead when asking them to tell all listeners and viewers about their difficulty yesterday. The girls still laugh though. Hannah leans her forehead on Julia’s shoulder when laughing soundlessly, not able to stop it.

“Oh dear…” Maria giggles, being the first to catch her laugh. “Yesterday we had some free time after coming to the hotel. Emelia and I were craving for milk.”

“Why milk?” he looks so confused and Julia gives out a loud laugh, knowing it sounds so weird that they had a difficulty because of milk. Hannah hadn’t come to the hotel yet, but she is grateful to this story.

“The milk we have here in Sweden has the best taste of milk in the whole world. If foreigners come to Sweden, I recommend them to drink milk. Whenever we come back to Sweden, we drink milk. Several of times, no matter what time I come home, I go to the fridge and drink so much milk,” Maria is answering and the girls are nodding.

“My mom buys milk especially when I’m coming home,” Carolina adds.

“So yesterday,” Maria continues, “Emelia and I went out to buy milk. We walked around for a long time because we couldn’t find a supermarket ANYWHERE. And then we asked a stranger, who gave us the direction to the closest supermarket. It had been about forty minutes since we left the hotel already, so we were really … ‘where is the milk?!’ panicking.”

“But in the end, the supermarket was just across the street from the hotel,” Emelia rolls her eyes.

The radio host gives a sudden laugh at the story and the girls keep laughing too. Julia has turned around to lean on Hannah, laughing badly too.

“We hadn’t seen it because it was too close,” Maria nods. “But we got our milk, so we are satisfied.”

“Maybe you could bring a cow with you to Korea when you go back,” he jokes with the girls, and the laughter just goes louder. He laughs too, and when the laughter is dying out he checks his notes to see the next question. “You are here today for Eurovision. Have you kept an eye on the songs and artists in the contest for this year? Or first I should ask; do you watch Eurovision usually?”

“Yeah,” Maria answers and she laughs over how the foreign way she answers, “Ha-ha, but yeah, we usually watch some parts of Eurovision. Before we went to Korea, I think we all were like any other Swedish family, watching it from beginning to end, but now when we can’t do that we just make sure to look through the performances and keep ourselves updated. This year too, we have kept an eye on the contestants.”

“Is there a certain song you find is particularly good? A song you think could win the whole Eurovision?”

Maria gives a sneaky smile at him. “Sweden has a really good song this year.”

He laughs while the other girls’ smiles. “I thought 5 Pieces were neutral in this?”

“We are pretty much neutral in the contest,” Carolina nods, “I really like Italia’s song, but all five of us can’t stop singing to Robin’s [You]. He is really good.”

“I think we still have a little more love for Sweden,” Emelia confesses, “but just a little. We can’t forget our roots. But the most fun with Eurovision is that so many countries get together.”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

The rehearsal at Eurovision is a pain: the place is crowded with people speaking different languages and after every half meter; the girls are stopped because someone wants to greet them, even having some wanting to take pictures with them. The actual rehearsal goes well for them, even if there are a lot of people just standing there and curiously watching them, taking pictures and more. They are 5 Pieces – the Swedish teenagers that out of nowhere became idols in Korea and have the popular song [Daze]. The ladies might be used to having eyes on them, but they are more used to have Asians watching them.

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: (picture) 26 countries have gotten together in Malmö, there is so much nationality here that I want to carry our own flag and sing loudly! EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2013, special stage with 5 Pieces ^^,}

It is great to be on stage with 5 Pieces again. Hannah gives Carolina a hug, telling her how great it is to be on stage together like this again. Because Carolina hasn’t completely recovered they will wear sneakers on the stage, but with a great stylist they have special-made sneakers just for 5 Pieces. Carolina has outstanding purple sneakers while the other ladies have relaxing colours on their sneakers with doodling on them. They do look cool. Hannah has a higher heel on her sneakers, just to get taller among the ladies.

For their performance, the concept is to have ripped clothes. Their stylists have personally made Maria’s tulle-overlay panel-sleeve dress in black with silver details that nicely is following her model bodyline, ripped or rather more distressed to not reveal skin but you can stare and stare and imagine that you can spot some skin under the fabric. Her legs always look nice even in sneakers. Emelia is wearing a pair of really cool faux-leather jeans that looks to be normal jeans with faux-leather instead of jeans on the left leg, but it matches Emelia’s cool style, and she also wears a rhinestone-accent skull-print t-shirt that has been distressed like Maria’s dressed by their stylists. Carolina has a black hoodie she has it open to reveal a simple t-shirt beneath with her self-written DAZE and also distressed fabric like everyone else has, and black jeans shorts with paint on them. Julia has a fitting patterned t-shirt with distressed harem pants; her pants are the most challenging as harem pants aren’t really distressed, but 5 Pieces can pull it off.

The youngest is in sneakers and black distressed skinny jeans to a dark-coloured ripped top, very daring but the ripped parts doesn’t reveal much more than some skin. It is 3/4-sleeves and the top is loose, which means if she does something extremely wildly, it will reveal more skin. Hannah practices backstage, making sure that she can perform her best and have a great time without having to think much about the top flying around too much.

And like this, 5 Pieces is ready for the stage while watching Eurovision from backstage. Their nervousness is growing, being filmed and warming up and from time to time being stuck on the TV screen at the performances being live. They will go up there too; their time is coming sooner and sooner.

When their turn will be soon, the ladies gather for a circle with their hands in the middle, their eyes glancing from their hands to each other’s faces. They are nervous, and it makes Hannah smile. They have no dancers, it is just 5 Pieces.

“Ladies,” Maria breathes, smiling as she will still speak in Korean though they are in Sweden. She looks at their hands, seeing their bracelets and rings and nails all prepared for the stage as if it is a stage like any stage. “Tonight, we are performing in front of Europe. It is our first time performing with five members in 25 days, and I know all of us have waited for it – for this. The audience doesn’t know about 5 Pieces, but tonight, we will make a difference to that: Tonight, we are taking on Europe! Ladies! This is ing amazing! I will ask you one time, and let us shout it out to Europe and the world with the best performance of [Daze] we can ever succeed with! LET’S SHOW WHAT K-POP HAS MADE US! WHO ARE WE?!”

“5 PIECES!” they scream out all together and they shout randomly out with their hands flying up in the air.

They are jumping towards the stage, pumping up their blood for the performance. Hannah is trying to remember the English lyrics, though they have performed it many times, and she is trying to not think of how the audience can react by their performance: what if no one has heard the song before? What if they will tell them to get off the stage?

When standing next to the stage, waiting for their turn, Hannah takes some deep breaths. They are all worried, but Maria pats all of them on the shoulder and tells them that everyone have a beginning. 5 Pieces maybe aren’t known in Europe the way they are for k-pop fans, but this is their chance to show not just their faces but also their music. Hannah keeps thinking of this British woman who knew about the song in Hyde Park, but she didn’t know 5 Pieces. Maybe this is the same? Their song plays a lot on the radio here since it came out half a year ago, there is a chance they know the song. She hopes they know it, that they will like it. She takes another breath, shaking her hands to calm down.

Out on the stage, the host of the night is done showing all the artists you can vote for, telling the viewers to do their best on voting.

“We are here in Sweden tonight, a country with many talents. Up on stage now is a girl-group we are proud to say is here to represent not only Sweden but also the whole world’s music. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, 5 Pieces,” the woman says softly before the stage turns black.

On the command of the staff and the signal of the stage going black, 5 Pieces hurries out to take their positions in the dark, and Hannah finds herself just a little confused over a shouting going over the audience after the introduction. As if the audience know who 5 Pieces is. The ladies go out to stand in a line, barely half a meter between each other. The stage is huge, having an extra big platform in the middle of a circle that is the absolute main stage, where 5 Pieces get in their positions. Julia is in the middle, with Emelia on her left a little in front of them and Hannah on the very left side a little behind, making sure to touch Emelia’s shoulder in the dark to make sure her position is right. On Julia’s other side stands Carolina and Maria, and all five ladies take their positions and freezes in them before the music and spotlights starts.

The music starts off simple, and Emelia has her microphone by her lips when in her dark voice starting to say something that is clearly heard and the girls are slowly starting to move along.

*Dazzle… Stun… Daze*

Hannah wants to smile when the audience starts to cheer at Emelia’s voice – the cheer of recognition. They do know the song. The ladies all moves, stepping to the side along to the music that has a beat slowly about to enter, and with the ladies moving they get in one line, Carolina at the front with the others standing behind her. All of them behind Carolina starts to smile widely just for a second when Carolina’s one part comes.

*5 Pieces*

Carolina loves that part, and they know she absolutely love it now, because the audience actually shouts out along with her. The audience shouts out their name with Carolina just as fans in Korea do and a big cheer enters the hall when the beat enters the song and 5 Pieces breaks out over the stage like an explosion, starting their performance. Gracious and with attitude, that is [Daze] – this is 5 Pieces. Maria steps forward with the others walking back, so powerful with the audience cheering and Maria is just flawless on stage.

Hannah is ready to give her all at this. She feels y when dancing, powerful to the unstoppable choreography. Her hair is not still for a second and she is ready to show not only Sweden but whole Europe with this one performance who 5 Pieces is. The excitement is thrilling and when Carolina has sung her part, Hannah’s turn comes. She is standing at the front of a triangle with Maria and Julia, with the other two members next too, and when Carolina’s part is coming to an end the group dances to form a different formation for Hannah to sing her part. The music is loud, but their microphones are loud too so it isn’t difficult to make your voice heard.

The youngest is slightly smiling when she begins to sing her part, dancing simply at the same time. She looks at the front where the camera is coming closer, then she looks a little at her right when the other camera films, catching the change.

It’s amazing. The audience is enormous, the viewers on TV are watching this live, and Hannah thinks it is going great. The audience starts to scream more when the chorus comes, and Hannah imagines people wondering who they are and what song this is; all ‘til the chorus. She can spot people starting to jump, even see mouth moving to sing along or scream, and Hannah sees all the ladies get more energy from it. Maria looks charismatic at the front of their formation during the chorus when they are dancing this crazy feet/leg choreography with their hair flying and the audience is going two octaves higher in their screaming. The ladies are throwing their hair back and forth wilder from the response, and when Hannah steps back after the chorus for their /-formation, continuing to dance with her feet like they are all doing – it looks cool to step back in a different formation while moving your feet like that to the music – with Hannah having Emelia (being last in their line) behind her and Carolina up at the very front, Hannah has to take her hair out of her face. All hair seem to be stuck in her face, heavy now when it has gotten longer than what it was half a year ago, and Hannah takes her hand simply through her hair from the front to the back, removing the hair from her face.

The mascot of 5 Pieces is going to take her part after the chorus; Carolina takes a step to the left when singing the first line, covering Julia standing behind her. *I pass a lonely boy on the street* she sings, and then the audience starts to cheer loudly as Carolina glides down on one knee while the other foot is making her knee glide along the floor further to the left. She looks cool when doing this part, and no matter where they go, the audience gets wild for it. She still sings her part while doing this, and the ladies behind her are dancing. It is cool how the audience is reacting, as if they have never seen someone glide over the floor like this during a performance. Hannah likes the sound of it.

Hannah gets serious for Julia’s part, as she focuses more on the dancing than anything else. For Maria’s part she focuses too, thinking of what will come next. Hannah almost rushes to the front when her part comes, throwing her hair around in a circle before falling down on her heels, singing her part. She stands back up while moving her hips, smiling ily with her eyes to the audience and the camera in front of her. The audience keeps screaming louder and louder for the parts, and it is the best feeling ever.

They are in their home country; they are performing for over 30 countries, and though they know they aren’t as great as the Swedish people are boasting about, this feeling of being the only artist that has never participated in Eurovision but is still performing there make them proud over who they are. They are being named as the five Swedish girls showing through music what courage is – because that is what they sing about – and there is just so much going on during just this 3-minute performance that makes the girls give small, proud smiles. They know this. This is what 5 Pieces do most of their time, this (performing) is what has formed 5 Pieces in Korea and Asia through all the performances and concerts and appearances that they on this day is welcomed home by the biggest Swedish stars.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 17th: Name For ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ BOOK 2 Revealed

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces Flashes The Hottest Sunglasses This Summer In New Advertisement

Headline 17th: SM Entertainment Gives Comment + Pictures About 5 Pieces’ First Hours In Sweden

 

Headline 18th: PV Teaser For 5 Pieces’ 4th Japanese Single Revealed

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces Arrives At Eurovision In Sweden As World Artists

Headline 18th: Maria Impresses Viewers With Her Thoughtful personality On ‘We Got Married’

Headline 18th: The Model Couple Have A Special Date On ‘We Got Married’

Headline 18th: (Sweden) Everyone Tries To Take A Picture With 5 Pieces At Eurovision

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces Brings Europe On Their Feet At Eurovision Song Contest

 

Headline 18th: (Sweden) Eurovision 2013’s Big Talk Is 5 Pieces’ Performance

Headline 19th: (Sweden) Critic Says “Out Of The Ordinary” About 5 Pieces

Headline 19th: Girl-Group 5 Pieces Is Praised For Professionalism And More At Eurovision 2013

Headline 19th: (Sweden) 5 Pieces Won The Audience At Eurovision Yesterday

Headline 19th: (Europe) Girl-Group 5 Pieces Put Eurovision 2013 In A DAZE

 

Headline 20th: ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Still Unbeatable For 2nd Place At Best 5 Books Of The Week

Headline 20th: VISIT KOREA Reveals Longer CF Featuring 5 Pieces

Headline 20th: Fans Explains Why 5 Pieces Is The Most Down To Earth Group On Swedish Television

 

Headline 21st: Maria Shares Picture Of 5 Pieces In School Uniforms?

 

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces To Release 4th Japanese Single [Secret Touch] In June

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Anyone else watched Eurovision a while back? I'm so after in updating, but don't forget to comment =(

X. devonalias