Chapter 85

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

5 Pieces have performed [Broken] and [Take the Key] and there are now five bar-chairs brought out on the main stage next to each other for the ladies to sit down.

“I’m a little nervous for this part actually,” Maria confesses through the microphone when taking her seat, smiling at Emelia sitting down next to her and then looks out at the other ladies. “Should we just go on or should we say some words first, ladies?”

“Let’s get right to it, shouldn’t we?” Emelia suggests when she has taken her seat. Hannah has some trouble to get in her chair, as they are pretty high and she is wearing high heels. During rehearsals she wasn’t wearing heels and she still struggled a bit. Julia giggles next to her, trying to help her, but Hannah manages to sit down by then.

They decide to start right away, and Carolina tells the audience in a low voice to please listen quietly. Maria and Hannah sits on the side to face the middle a bit, for them all to form this togetherness with their seats, and to keep an eye on each other when they begin to sing an acapella version of [Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave]. They sound beautiful, and a low cheer from the audience is heard first, but they do stay quiet to hear 5 Pieces’ first acapella during a concert.

Hannah is so nervous sitting there. She keeps looking at her members, just to make sure she isn’t going to make a fool of herself and she is focused to keep her legs together because of the skirt she is wearing. She has even taken a hold of the longer end at the back to bring it up around her leg where she is holding it with her free hand resting in her lap, just to make sure it doesn’t show anything by mistake – during rehearsals she had done it too, and others said it looked good. She lowers her voice a little when taking a glance at Carolina who is taking the front with her voice at this part.

When the song comes to an end, Hannah smiles with her members as the audience starts to cheer, but they get quiet again as the ladies begin to do harmony anew. It is another song and Hannah doesn’t join them. Before the audience can sense what song it is, Hannah begins to sing, an acapella version;

*I giggle like never before, I don’t know what to do*

And the audience is cheering again; it’s cool how they manage to keep it low, to not disturb the acapella, but the cheer shows they know the cute song [I Love You] the moment Hannah begins to sing it, and she smiles cutely at the audience when continuing;

*I blush like never before, I can’t, can’t control myself*

Maria continues with a lighter tone, and Hannah joins in the harmony in the background.

*Look at me, look inside my heart

My HEART is beating for you, feel it pounding, hard so hard

I love you – my heart belongs to you*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *A MAN like you (wo)

I fall in love, love, love, love

Who I can trust (Who I can believe)

I fall in love, love, love, love

A MAN for me*

[CHORUS 2] *Someone to take care of me

[Julia] I lo- lo- love you

These words I kept for you

I love you; I lo- lo- love you*

 

[Carolina] *Look at me, look inside my mind

(I fall in love, love, love, love)

My MIND is thinking of you (Who I can trust)

It’s only you, you and again you (Who I can believe)

I love you*

Harmony is the key to this, a song they have practiced like this for over a year now, and they continues to harmonize after Carolina’s part, before in different voices singing out the ending very lovely;

*I love you~*

And Hannah takes down the microphone when they are done, smiling widely when the audience starts to cheer and whistle. She was nervous for nothing. This went alright! And it is a good thing she breathed in the oxygen earlier, otherwise she would have been tired after the first two ballads before the acapella special.

“Did we do well?” Hannah asks the audience cutely, and Julia laughs next to her because Hannah’s voice came out cuter than expected. She is just happy it went alright, and she looks excited when the audience loudly answers her.

“We have practiced for a long time to prefect that to present it to all of you for this concert,” Carolina says with a nod. “Would 5 Pieces do well as an acapella group?”

There is actually a mixed of response, so the girls laughs and Julia instead asks; “Would you like to hear more acapellas by 5 Pieces in the future?”

And that, the audience would like, cheering for answer. Hannah think those who were sceptic when answering Carolina thought she meant 5 Pieces becoming only an acapella group, but that would never happen.

“Singing acapella is actually…” Maria starts to say, “we never thought we would do five years ago. As this concert stands for 5 Pieces, five years, I come to think about all these things we never thought was possible to do.”

“It was a lot,” Hannah nods in agreement to the leader.

“But here we are, performing acapella in front of all of you guys,” Maria says, with amazement in her voice when looking out at the audience who is cheering again. “I don’t want to boast about it, but personally, I think we – 5 Pieces – did a superb job on this.”

Hannah laughs at the leader looking like she loves to boast about them even if she says she doesn’t want to boast about it, and Emelia clearly rolls her eyes.

“Last year we had our first concert, and it was also something we thought was impossible for us to have,” Carolina adds, as if she has been thinking about things they thought was impossible but have done.

Maria shifts position in her seat a bit. “We hope you enjoy the variety of songs we have prepared for you tonight… This next song we will sing for you guys is my favourite song from our latest album,” Maria says kindly, “we collaborated with a great artist who we all look up to and it is a really good song.” She speaks slowly to wait for music to begin to play, and she is just done talking when the music for [Someone who is stupid over love] begins to play and for this song too, the audience cheers.

[Carolina] *Hu~*

[Maria] *Even with the sun setting, I still somehow know,

That you and I are true*

[Emelia] *Now when it is getting dark, I can think it through

Of what it has been, for me and for you*

[Carolina] *with each day passing us by, I will still remember,

Those days we had together*

[Julia] *As the sun sets for another night, I still somehow know,

That you and me, we belong together*

It is a beautiful sad love story that they do really good. They make a good live of it too, singing with emotion while sitting down. Hannah wants to glide down from the chair, but she sits still as her turn comes.

[CHORUS, Hannah] *When the rain falls down from the sky,

The wet rain falls on my face

Like you can see right through me,

I miss the moments we shared

[Maria] As the days grows colder,

As the days grows longer,

I will wait for you to take my hand*

 

[Hannah] *We have gone through, all the good and the bad,

We have fought and we have shared tears*

[Male, Changmin] *The foolish me, I am in love

Love you, the foolish me: You are everything to me*

DBSK’s Changmin is the one collaborating with them for this song, but his part isn’t live as he is in another country having his own concert. But 5 Pieces pulls it off by themselves, having his voice just helping them out

[Carolina] *Oh, I loose my words, for you to stand before me

[Emelia] Again, you are before my eyes*

[Male, Changmin] *The foolish you, who is in love

Love me, the foolish me: I am you everything*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *When the rain falls down from the sky,

The wet rain falls on my face

Like you can see right through me,

I miss the moments we shared

[+Male, Changmin] As the days grows colder,

As the days grows longer

I will wait for you to take my hand*

Emelia gets up on her feet at the end of the chorus, singing the next part while walking forward and Julia gets up on her feet too, the other three ladies staying seated.

*I will walk among the crowd, [Male, Changmin] A couple meets up,

([Julia] I can’t forget no matter how many years we leave behind)

[Male, Changmin] I think of you ([Maria] I need only you)*

The other three ladies now walk up on their feet too, all of them standing at the front of the stage with their own wind blowing for the effects in their pretty skirts that fits perfectly with the song. During [Broken] they had this too and the audience had cheered when seeing it, and they do it now too.

[Julia] *After all this time… It should all be in the past…

[Male, Changmin] But for me, it feels like it was only yesterday

[Hannah] When I woke up with you next to me*

Hannah had sat down on her heels, her feet hurting but the fans probably thinks it is to be different. Her hair blows instead, her skirt is blowing right above the stage and she can feel the wind blowing in her face and on her body as she sings her one line. Carolina gets to sing one line before Hannah stands back up again, resting her weight on both her feet.

[Carolina] *Stand by my side through tears and laughter

You tear my heart with all this love

Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID Yeeeah~*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *When the rain falls down from the sky,

The wet rain falls on my face ([Hannah] stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID Yeeeah~)

Like you can see right through me,

I miss the moments we shared

As the days grows colder,

As the days grows longer

I will wait for you to take my hand*

 

[Hannah] *The way you place here in my heart

[Male, Changmin] Ooh~*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *When the rain falls down from the sky,

The wet rain falls on my face

Like you can see right through me,

I miss the moments we shared

As the days grows colder,

As the days grows longer

I will wait for you to take my hand*

Maria’s favourite song from the [Black & White] album comes to an end and the stage goes dark for the ladies to hurry off the stage. It takes a few seconds before a video begins to play, to introduce the next song, and Hannah is running to the nearest place to change her outfit. Since it is just skirt, top and shoes off, it goes pretty fast. The video has only begun to play when the audience starts to scream their lungs out, and Hannah’s heart skips a beat when hearing that it doesn’t fade.

The youngest looks pure in the big white shirt for her [I CRY] stage, and her eyes look big when quickly fixing the make-up but she is too amazed by the cheer outside that she can’t focus on what the stylist tells her to do.

“You’re done, hurry up,” Mi Young turns Hannah around and pushes her out from the dressing-room right next to the stage and Hannah is then lead to the back of the stage by a staff, getting a microphone in one hand and she has absolutely no idea of what she is doing.

Why is the audience screaming so much for this song? A part of her is terrified now.

Why do they have to make her worry for her solo performance? Hannah is completely different from when she was going to perform [Butterfly]; because this is a ballad. It is a stage with her and the pianist without any dancers or any pop music helping her out, no choreography to help her out. This is a performance where Hannah will show her vulnerable side. She hates and loves it equally, but at the moment she is terrified because of everything going on.

Could the screaming outside be from hate? Maybe they don’t want Hannah to sing this song, maybe they are tired of it or they don’t want her to sing two solo songs.

With those thoughts in her head she appears on the stage, exactly like in the Japan arena tour; the stage is in dark blue, green and purple lamps that are shining a dim light inside the arena of 15.000 people. The background screen shows rain falling, right where Hannah appears on the uplifted stage in the back, doing low adlibs to the piano singing the sad melody of [I CRY]. Hannah is looking down when she makes her appearance on the stage, focusing on making the right tune. Her feet aren’t hurting anymore from the high heels; she must have gotten used to it by now, or her heart is shaking so much in her chest that she can’t feel anything else. Doing a light adlib, her voice going lower in an amazing tone, Hannah has to hold the microphone with both hands in fear she will drop it. She doesn’t know why she gets so freaked out by this performance. Always for this song.

Hannah starts to sing, looking up to catch the view and she knows she is wrinkling her forehead; out of emotion of the song or from the spotlights, no one can know. Hannah tries to get rid of it, but she can’t focus on her face-expression. She just sings, beautifully.

*I see myself in the mirror

I can’t recognize my reflection

Who am I? Why am I alive?*

The view is as stunning as it has been all evening. Her fans don’t fail to amaze her, and Hannah continues to sing while looking out over the purple ocean – the best sight in the universe for Hannah’s eyes.

She comes to the end of the first chorus; the piano plays by Giyoon down on the main stage as Hannah walks down the stairs to join her. The youngest approaches the front of the main stage, singing calmly *mmmmmmm, woah~* before more instruments joins in the music and she continues to sing with a louder voice, almost starting to smile when hearing a low cheer come from the audience by her voice when she sings. An emotional song that comes from her heart. How many times have she sung this song on stage? It’s been a year and a half since the song came out, but Hannah is always touched when singing it. Knowing that this song has won on music programs and it has received awards for many different reasons, and she knows she is the one who made it. She made the lyrics, she made the melody, she sang it. She is singing it, for her fans.

Just like in the arena tour, Hannah sits down on her heels near the side of the stage, resting on one knee when singing a part. But now she can’t help but to smile. Whether it’s in Japan or in Korea, the fans in front of her are emotional. She smiles at the fans in front of her – not one, not two, but there are more – who are singing along, crying or somehow showing they like this song and she smiles at them.

She gets quiet. The instruments get quiet and Hannah stands back up on her feet, standing firmly on both her feet, holding the microphone in her left hand. Hannah closes her eyes and looks up, and the cheer before her goes louder as if you are slowly turning up the volume. It sounds beautiful and she tries to not let the corner of go up for a smile when hearing the audience cheer. They were screaming before she appeared on the stage as they knew what would come, and they want her to perform this song.

The rain on the screen is heard falling and Hannah faces the audience again, slowly starting to head to the centre of the stage where she walks out to the middle stage. Giyoon starts to play on the piano when Hannah is walking out to the middle stage, and Hannah is looking out at the audience with a poker face. She can see the people holding the light sticks, she can see her fans. How can she doubt them so much?

Quietly, very sadly, Hannah starts to sing, still walking.

*I cry myself to sleep…

These tears falling down my cheeks

A girl like me…

These feelings inside my chest

These words comes from my heart

*I cry… I cry… I cry…*

Quietly she says the words, sounding like she is really going to cry and the audience closest to the stage are looking at her with big eyes, wanting to see her face when she sings. Hannah comes out on the middle stage and when singing higher for the last adlibs, her voice rising in a sad and desperate tone, she bends her knees a little to come out with the desperation in her voice.

*Wooooh, I cry~ Ooh! I cry!*

Helplessly she breathes out when letting the microphone fall down on her side, letting her own voice die out in the echo from her strong adlib, and she looks down with the face-expression showing she does not want to cry. This song makes it almost impossible for her to not cry. Looking out at the audience around her, Hannah brings back the microphone to her lips.

“Could you all sing it with me?” she quietly asks the audience, feeling shy to ask such a thing, and the piano stops to play. But when she begins to sing the chorus, her eyes gets teary when hearing the arena fill up with a choir singing her song. She holds out the microphone to the audience, looking up around on the other floors to see the light-sticks following the melody of the audience singing. They sound so beautiful. And she smiles with the tears in her eyes when seeing some people crying with their light-sticks up in the air, singing proudly.

Hannah holds back her smile, finding it inappropriate to smile during this sad song, and when the instruments joins in, Hannah begins to sing the chorus anew with a strong voice, and she can hear a cheer from the audience at her voice before they continues to sing with her.

Earlier than she has done before, Hannah sits down on her knees, singing the song while leaning forward so she is almost facing the stage and the audience continues to cheer, because her voice is amazing and outstanding when singing, sadly and desperate. She sits up straight on her knees, sadly looking out over the audience again before she lies down on her back and the audience starts to scream loudly. With her voice going calmer, she sings the last part of this song with the audience singing along in their desperate voices as they know the performance ends.

*Two lights rush towards me

Just one second~

The street is left in lightning*

*One last look

I cry*

*I cry…*

The lights go out with the audience cheering, and the audience starts to scream when the big screen starts to play the ending video. They seem to know what it is by the way they scream loudly, and while Hannah’s message comes out to them, Hannah is backstage, hurrying to get changed.

“I’m gonna cry, I’m gonna cry, I’m gonna cry,” Hannah whines, her words fast as she waves her hands in front of her face while trying to hold in the tears with her whole expression.

She gets dressed in a blue cut-away sleeve paisley-patterned dress and pretty high heels, matching her members with blue. Carolina is wearing blue skinny jeans and a white embroidered tunic while Emelia is wearing a cut-away waist mini-dress that is of the same kind that Hannah is wearing, Julia is wearing a cut-out shoulder loose-fit top to a pair off floral-print shorts and Maria is wearing a blue floral-print band-waist mini-dress. Hannah is still trying to hold back the tears when joining her members to get up on the stage when the video ends, hurrying to take their positions by the now empty piano that Giyoon has left. In the darkness they find their positions fast thanks to rehearsals, and Hannah feels a hand by her arm.

“Hold it in,” Julia whispers to her before a spotlight shines up Carolina, who breathes in. she is sitting by the piano, starting to press the keys and she begins also to sing [Beg] at that moment too, the audience starting to cheer kindly at the surprise to suddenly see the ladies stand there, and to have Carolina play the piano.

Hannah does her best to collect her emotions, spacing out while listening to Carolina’s voice.

*You are so beautiful when you look my way,

That I forget my reason and stumble away*

Carolina continues to sing, and Hannah hurries to bring the microphone to her lips to sing it with her. She was lost in thought, forgetting that both of them are singing this part; she missed the first two words.

*Dreams I hear you tell me, don’t forget

There is nothing in your way, I will be here*

[Maria] *In this confusing~ time of life,

I won’t loose myself, I want to have courage~~*

It is a very touching ballad, with beautiful voices of 5 Pieces. Maria’s part goes higher until the chorus comes where Carolina sings, and the other five are barely heard singing in the background for some parts with her, but they are heard and it sounds really nice. Hannah is singing quietly, not wanting to make her voice heard as she is still fighting her tears. She can’t understand why they don’t want to be held back.

[CHORUS, Carolina (5P background)] *AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN~ I am met by my fears

I don’t want to hide, don’t want to avoid

The future I don’t know, the past that won’t return

ANYTIME~ ANYWHERE~

With my hands held together, I can tell you from my heart

Oh~ and today~… we BEG*

 

[Julia] *If the two of us maybe one day meet again,

The past and the future wouldn’t know*

[+ Hannah] *Wandering this road with many slip-roads,

I might take the wrong turn, I might do mistakes*

Her voice is choked up by the tears she is forcing back, it is heard when she sings with Julia. Maria glances at Hannah with a soft smile when she begins to sing, the audience noticing it all.

[Maria] *I get scared when thinking of becoming someone else

I don’t want to loose this~, I want to be confident~ o-Oh~*

Hannah looks up when the chorus begins, singing but trying harder to hold back her tears.

[CHORUS, Carolina (5P)] *AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN~ I am met by my fears

I don’t want to hide, don’t want to avoid

The future I don’t know, the past that won’t return

ANYTIME~ ANYWHERE~

With my hands held together, I can tell you from my heart

Oh~ and today~… we BEG*

A short music break is played before Hannah sings, and now she is focused on the singing, confident she will not begin to cry. She just had to collect her emotions a little first.

[Hannah] *I don’t know~, what I did for this to happen~

(BABY, IT’S TRUE, IT’S YOUR LIFE OH

BABY, IT’S TRUE, IT’S YOUR ONLY LIFE BABY)

I get scared~, to loose myself in fear~

(YOU TELL ME OH) I don’t want to be afraid! Oh~*

And Carolina continues to sing in a low voice, slightly raising her tone to when Maria sings with her.

[CHORUS, Carolina] *AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN, I am met by my feats

[+ Maria] I don’t want to hide, don’t want to avoid

ANYTIME~ ANYWHERE~ wo oh ooh~

[5 Pieces] With my hands held together, I can tell you from my heart

Oh~ and today~… we BEG~~*

 

[CHORUS, Carolina (5 Pieces)] *AGAIN, ONCE AGAIN~ I am met by my fears

I don’t want to hide, I don’t want to avoid

The future I don’t know, the past that won’t return

ANYTIME~ ANYWHERE~

With my hands held together, I can tell you from my heart

oh~ and today~… we BEG*

 

*AGAIN~, ONCE AGAIN~ I dodge the questions

Will I one day know? Will I … Will I someday, know…?*

 

While act 5 is introduced with a video, 5 Pieces is changing clothes backstage. It is the most comfy outfit so far for the ladies; white tank tops, black baggy pants with visible boxer brief edge of their concert logo (you know, the way guys show off their underwear edge all the time, especially for Calvin Klein). Maria takes off stylist Yong Hyun by hitting Hannah’s hands at the younger girl continuing to pull down the tank top, and Hannah grimaces at her when they are hurrying back to the stage. Hannah smiles when seeing Emelia fix Julia’s pants from behind, as if she hadn’t pulled them on correctly.

They are given the microphones when taking their positions next to the stage, getting ready and Hannah is glancing at her members.

“It’s all about who I am,” Emelia whispers for fun when patting Hannah’s , ignoring the youngest disliking it. “I’ll do it on the stage later too; be aware.”

Hannah hits her on the arm, reaching her tongue out when Emelia turns around, smirking.

Outside on all the stages, male dancers wearing tank tops, pants and boxing wraps are spread out widely. Once the video for the act is done, during an intro sound of an alarm the dancers are fighting with the air – boxing style – like a dance, choreographed and it looks really cool. The favourite part is when the intro of the song begins and all of them on stage turns to the middle stage, saluting.

*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

STAND UP, ‘N SALUTE

FOR THE FIGHTERS RETURN*

5 Pieces are standing together coming up on a round stage out of the middle stage, standing in poses with the dancers saluting them and the audience is screaming their lungs out by the whole act of 5 Pieces being the bosses.

*(Maria – Emelia – Carolina – Julia - Hannah)*

Their names being said coolly, the lady does her own thing for just her name; Hannah does a kick to the side.

*IT’S 5 PIECES*

The music comes in and the ladies shout out for the audience when spreading out on the middle stage, taking their positions while dancing and the audience is screaming loudly when Emelia starts off with a cool rap. This is [WHO-I AM]

*I have showed I’m strong before, I have fallen and I have bled from the wounds

You know I’m strong, because the show I pull off and the glimmer from my eyes

I tell you what I want; I tell you I will do this (I won’t loose)*

The male dancers are entertaining the audience on the other stages while 5 Pieces are being their toughest selves on the middle stage, with all of the spotlights and cameras for the big screen focused on them. Emelia sounds so damn awesome with her low dark voice, rapping with style.

[Carolina] *I do this, you do this – I do that, you do that – follow me, sweet so sweet, and follow me

I go left, where do you go? I turn right, you follow just behind*

Carolina gets more excited over her part when she sings ‘you do this’ and the audience is chanting the same part, and then they do the same for ‘you do that’. They have created a fan-chant for the song. Hannah has more of a singing part than a rap, and the audience cheers when she sings her part while taking her hand ily and tough down her neck.

[Hannah] *The sweat that rolls down my neck, the blood rushing through my veins

[Carolina] I’m hot ([Hannah] IT FEELS GOOD), the feeling,

[Hannah] this victory is mine from the moment I walk in*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *Clap your hands (louder), there is nothing, nothing can stop us

I’M HERE TO STAY, we’re here to win

So clap your hands (louder than that) and show them, them

[Julia] Wherever I walk (shine), wherever I appear (fame)

I’M HERE TO STAY, THAT’S ME, THAT’S WHO I AM

Clap your hands (louder), there’s nothing, nothing can stop us*

They sing the chorus loudly, dancing in synch with each other and the dancers are doing the same choreography. Hannah wants to just laugh and jump when hearing and seeing and feeling that the audience is just as excited as they have been throughout the whole concert. The calm emotions from their ballad act are gone; everyone is going crazy to this song. It is that kind of song with attitude and confidence that Hannah only finds on stage, but Emelia does the song the best. She has the right attitude and image and her voice fits perfectly, and when she raps again after the chorus she walks back and forth at the front of the stage, making the audience follows her movements.

[Emelia] *THIS FIGHT IS MINE, I have worked hard and I have cried rivers from the pain (I’m strong)

I’m back up; TAKING THE FRONT LIKE A CHAMPION, DON’T FORGET ME, BECAUSE I’LL TAKE ON THIS FIGHT*

 

[Hannah] *BORN TO RISE, fallen and broken I RISE FROM THE DIRTY GROUND (I’m strong)

Punch me, tell me I’m bad, I’ll show you, I never loose, I will never (never) step back*

Hannah goes down on one knee for her part ‘fallen and broken’; dramatically she stands back up when singing in a charismatic voice. when the others sing ‘I’m strong’ like they did for Emelia’s part, Hannah takes up her arms as if showing off her muscles the way guys always do, showing off her invisible biceps. She is drunk of the stage, how amazing the feeling is to perform at a concert with this many people there to see just them.

[Maria] *Out of my way, Doll, can’t you see me coming through? No time to loose, I’ll take the first spot

On your knees, I’m here, watch me rise, watch me shine, yes, because that’s me*

The drama queen pushes her way past two of the dancers who have joined them on the stage (a few dancers are there just briefly for her part), Maria steps forward while singing her part and the audience is jumping and screaming because … seriously, Maria is flawless in her performance. She is their captain.

[Emelia] *Then who do you think we are, coming in and out, in and out

UNSTOPPABLE, that’s us (THAT’S ME) UNFORGETTABLE (TRY IF YOU DARE)*

 

[Julia] *The fear in your eyes when I walked up to you, that fake toughness I see, (disappear) leave

Prove me wrong when I say, I’M ON THE TOP, I’m here to stay*

For Julia’s part, the other members are suddenly dancing next to chairs, the audience screaming brightly again and you know the audience understands what they sing when they scream louder at Julia’s last part.

They are sitting in a circle facing out, nodding their heads to the rhythm when Emelia starts rapping.

*Listen to me, don’t think you can trick me, ha, your foolish behaviour, ha, won’t bite me

You know who I am, so back off, and watch the show, enjoy it while you can (I won’t loose)*

Dancing on the chairs, they continue with the chorus;

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *Clap your hands (louder), there is nothing, nothing can stop us

I’M HERE TO STAY, we’re here to win

So clap your hands (louder than that) and show them, them

[Maria] Wherever I walk (shine), wherever I appear (fame)

I’M HERE TO STAY, THAT’S ME, THAT’S WHO I AM

Clap your hands (louder), there’s nothing, nothing can stop us*

 

[Julia] *No (no) boring life when I’m around, I’ll fight my way through, I’ll make you fall

[Carolina] No matter how much you hate, I’ll never give up, I WILL TAKE MY PLACE (I won’t loose)*

 

[Emelia] *YOU CAN FINISH THE PUZZLE, I say (yeah) Repeat after me, like this, like me (pieces)

Yeah, all day long you play like there is no end like there are no rules, I’ll prove you wrong,

I’ll show you the life, stay on top, I’ll be there*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *Clap your hands (louder), there is nothing, nothing can stop us

I’M HERE TO STAY, we’re here to win

So clap your hands (louder than that) and show them, them

Wherever I walk (shine), wherever I appear (fame)

I’M HERE TO STAY, THAT’S ME, THAT’S WHO I AM

Clap your hands (louder), there’s nothing, nothing can stop us*

 

[Carolina] *I do this, you do this – I do that, you do that – follow me, sweet so sweet, and follow me

I go left, where do you go? I turn right, you follow just behind*

It’s always fun with Carolina’s part, because everyone is copying her and Carolina is smirking because she can see the audience waving their hands to follow as well.

[Maria] *SO WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?*

Maria shouts her part loudly, all the dancers are gone and the five ladies turn to face each other in a circle, doing a final dance with Emelia in the focus for the rapper to do her part.

[Emelia] *IT’S 5 PIECES (YEAH) DON’T FORGET (RIGHT) WE WON’T

LET’S CONCUR TOGETHER*

Those very last words are said with 5 Pieces putting their hands on top of each other in the middle of their circle and their hands are thrown up in the air. The stages goes dark while the audience is screaming the loudest they can and 5 Pieces continues to perform [Once Upon A Time] with the spotlights turning on again.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

About seven songs later, 5 Pieces are doing the so called “fake ending” with a very nice and meaningful speech and also asking the audience if the concert has been okay so far – Julia says ‘okay’, Emelia says ‘the best’, Carolina then says ‘as expected of 5 Pieces’ and the ladies for it; just because they can.

“We got one more song to sing for you all,” Maria announces and then looks at her ladies, taking a deep breath from having a blast and she smiles when hearing the audience not liking the ‘one more song’ instead of ‘ten more songs’. Hannah smiles too, holding on to Julia’s arm when noticing the friend is teary. Julia had started to cry when they performed [Oppa] before the talk now, the audience had even called out for her to not cry.

“Our last song is from our third album, a song that is dedicated to all our fans around the world,” Hannah says, smiling as the audience seems to know what song it is. “But tonight, we sing it for just you who are here.”

“We would like to thank everyone for coming here tonight, for sharing another dream with us!” Emelia cheers to the audience.

“Thank you!” Hannah adds and gives a bow when the music begins right as Maria begins with a strong adlib for the ballad [The Rainbows Colours].

*AH! ~~~

[Carolina] Woaa oaowoawow~

[Maria] Iiiiiiih~~*

 

[Emelia] *You who walks up to me with a colourful smile

It feels like the world is in my hands

I can fly, I can do everything, woa*

[Carolina] *There are days when we feel sad and down,

(When smiling is harder) than normally

On those days when I don’t smile at the sound of your voice,

By seeing [harmony with 5 Pieces] your happy face~*

Hannah loves this song. It is the most perfect ballad for their fans, the ladies expressing their love to the supporting fans and she knows that ever since their album was released last year, fans have been making videos with this song, in different ways revealing how 5 Pieces is deeply grateful to their fans. Hannah likes those videos, especially because all five ladies get all giggly when looking at them. ‘Our fans know us so well!’ Maria always says.

[Emelia] *I can see the rain that has been pouring down,

I can see it fading, ooah~*

The ladies walk around on the stages for this song; Hannah is waving and bowing to the audience, smiling and thanking them while slowly walking. For each bow, she holds the microphone by her stomach, holding it tight with one hand. She then brings it to her lips as she begins to sing the chorus with her ladies, giving another wave to fans far up, who are waving back to her.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this day feel so gray

You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this world feel so gray

[Maria] The way you look at me from afar and close,

(You are like the rainbow, the rainbows colours)

I am filled with love*

Hannah jogs a bit forward when Maria shout out a thank to the audience, right before the leader begins to sing, and Hannah is jogging up to her goal; Julia. She doesn’t know why her friend is crying so much today; Julia rarely cries, barely any time, but today she is the one who has showed the most tears even if she isn’t crying hard. Hannah jogs up to her to embrace her friend in a hug.

[Maria] *Like fire passing right through my heart

You’re spreading the colours~*

Julia smiles behind her tears, as it is after all tears of happiness, and she hugs Hannah back so the youngest can’t get out of the hug and the audience is screaming around them. Julia almost presses her cheek against Hannah when she wants to whisper something to the youngest, and the microphones can’t catch it as they are both holding their hands with the microphones on each other’s backs.

“Remember this moment when you talk to your family the next time,” Julia cries in Hannah’s ear. Hannah gets teary right away, happy that she has these people around her and she hugs her friend just a little bit tighter.

“You are my family,” Hannah tells her and gets out of the hug to hold Julia’s hand and wave with her microphone out to the cheering audience while Emelia and Maria are beginning their perfect moment together in the song.

[Emelia] *THE SNOW COLD IN MY HAND

[Maria] THE SAND WARM UNDER MY FEET

[Emelia] THE SUN BRIGHTLY SHINING ABOVE US,

[Maria] THE RAIN FALLING HARD DOWN ON US

[+Emelia] Oh~*

Julia is not letting go of Hannah’s hand when their turn comes, but Hannah still sings with teary eyes, taking in from her knees when singing the very first word, stepping to the side even if Julia makes her step back because of their hands holding on to each other. Hannah keeps looking out over the audience when she sings, smiling when thinking she recognizes one of the girls near the stage; a fan who often goes on their schedules here in Seoul.

[Hannah] *YOU, help me up when I fall,

Make me smile when I cry

[Julia] I am confident, oh yes, I am confident

Because you are here,

[+Hannah] You are here to shine me up~*

Singing together, Hannah and Julia are still holding hand, and after singing out a bit at the end, they walk further out on the arm.

[Carolina] *You are always there, always here to make my day

The way you smile when I smile,

The way you cry when I cry

You help me, you save me, OH~~*

[Maria] *Aaaaaah! ~~~~~*

Hannah walks out on the very end of the stage, being at the bigger hand of the arm and she reaches out her hand to touch the hand of some fans. They are screaming and jumping when touching her fingers and Hannah then stands up straight when the other ladies starts to sing in harmony. Her members sound so perfect, something that was impossible five years ago.

[Harmony, 5 Pieces] *Every time I loose confident in myself,*

They have reached a moment in life where every moment in their days is just a dream, and this moment now, performing on stage with the audience crying and singing with them because they are all sharing the same dream and they are living it together, Hannah knows that her family in Sweden can say anything they want to her and to the media, they can lie all they want; she will still be happier than them because she is doing all this. She is feeling all of this, living her life with her messy soul. She sings outside the harmony.

*([Hannah] I don’t have the courage)

[Harmony, 5 Pieces] Every time I loose sight of what’s before me

(I loose sight, I fall, I cry)

That is when you are there

(You are always there)*

“We love you, Puzzle!” Carolina cheers loudly and Hannah smiles when turning around, giving a bow to the fans on that side before she continues to sing, now the chorus with her ladies.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this day feel so gray

You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this world feel so gray

[Carolina] The way you look at me from afar and close

(You are like the rainbow, the rainbows colours)

I am filled with love*

 

[Julia] *Dreams I hear you tell me, don’t forget them

There is nothing in your way, I will be here

[+Carolina] Because that is what we do, that is how we live*

The audience cheers loudly by the emotions Julia puts in her singing, and Hannah is somewhere else waving to the audience. She is amazed she isn’t crying. Thousand of times she has gotten teary, but not once has a tear fallen. She is surprised with herself, maybe a little worried by her weird emotions, but she is enjoying the moment. When they sing the chorus now, Carolina is doing her useless adlibs that she loves to do. For a moment, Hannah had forgotten Carolina is an expert at doing way too many adlibs; too loud, her voice cracking, or really soundlessly low and always completely useless. But it still sounds good in Hannah’s ears.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces] *You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this day feel so gray

You are like the rainbow,

Filled with colours to not make this world feel so gray

[Maria] The way you look at me from afar and close,

(You are like the rainbow, the rainbows colours)

I am filled with love*

 

[Hannah] *You can cry out your tears on my shoulder

I will let you borrow a shoulder to cry your tears on

[Julia] You can rest in these arms I reach out for you

[Hannah] I will hold you tight! Never let you fall alone~*

All the high tones are coming now at the end, an exciting ending with the ladies meeting up on the middle stage and they just keep doing their different high tones and letting out their emotions through their voices and face-expressions.

[Carolina] *Days can pass without seeing each other, but I will know ([Hannah] oh I will know~)

That you will always watch over me*

 

[Emelia] *Like you hold me up, [Carolina] I will hold you up*

 

[Maria] *The colours of the sky~

[Julia] The colours of the rain~

[Hannah] The colours of the sun and moon~

[Carolina] It is all the colours of the rainbow~~*

The ladies waves while the round stage they are standing on in the middle is sinking, the audience screaming their loudest – not wanting the concert to end – and the ladies are thanking and waving when disappearing. And the stage goes dark.

It has ended. Or, that is what they are supposed to think. While 5 Pieces are rushing backstage, the audience is shouting out their loudest in synch for an encore.

“ENCORE! ENCORE! ENCORE!”

Their fans have never been in synch this well before, chanting for an encore and many are in tears. And the shouting goes up several octaves when the big screen shows a video. A voice is heard talking, one of the ladies, and the video is showing a clip from backstage; though it is blurry so you can’t make out what it really is. Slowly it gets clearer, the audience holding their breath while the video is showing the ladies walking backstage and laughing, talking about the concert.

The video goes on for a while until it ends with the ladies putting their hands together at the end and Maria shouts there; “5 Pieces, are you ready?!”

“5 Pieces!” they shout.

Maria looks right at the camera, the audience screaming as she softly asks them with a close-up; “Puzzle, are you ready?”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias