Chapter 31

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

With a smile, Hannah turns off the call and she gets back to her bed to pick Ryo up. She tries to cover her big shy smile behind him when getting out of the room, hugging the white puppy in her arms. The members are watching the movie when she comes inside the living-room, so Hannah quietly walks over to where she sat before, but this time she lies down over Maria’s legs, letting go of Ace who happily jumps off on the floor to run to Carolina who is eating popcorn. Michin has already been swiping the floor where Carolina had dropped popcorn. Maria gives out a sound when Hannah lies down on her legs, her hand waving down to Hannah’s head as if her hand is telling the youngest to not disturb.

“Can Jonghyun sleep over tomorrow? Please, please, pretty please!” Hannah is cutely starting to beg the leader, shaking the legs she is lying on. “He will come late and leave early, and I promise nothing will happen, please, just let him come…”

There was no way she was going to do this while still being on the phone with Jonghyun. Hannah knows that the only way to let her members agree on having Jonghyun come (especially at night…) is to use some cuteness and be honest, and Hannah is doing that. Carolina gives out some sounds as if she can’t believe she is even asking such a thing but Maria just laughs.

“That’s why you have been so weird?” Maria laughs, not knowing that Hannah and Jonghyun have been fighting because she was sick when they did fight and Hannah has since then only talked to Emelia since they are roommates and the ladies busy.

“Ya, shouldn’t you be using that on me?” Emelia asks with a grimace, pointing at Hannah and Maria. “I’m the one sharing room with you, plus; Maria won’t even be in Japan tomorrow.”

Maria looks like the worst thing was just said and Hannah realises that it isn’t completely Maria’s decision because even if she is the leader, she won’t even be in the country, so Hannah hurries over to Emelia, wrapping her arms around the rapper and with a cute voice asking her to please, please, pretty please, let Jonghyun come. The girls laughs at Hannah acting cute to get her way, beside from Carolina who still looks to be freaking out over the thought that a boy will be staying the night over. For once, Hannah’s cuteness isn’t affecting Carolina. Emelia loves it though, hugging Hannah back with a laugh.

“So everything is okay between you two now?” she asks the youngest in Japanese while hugging her, maybe hoping the other members won’t understand what she is saying. Hannah cutely nods, meeting Emelia’s eyes with the cutest expression she can make.

“I miss him a lot,” Hannah cutely says in Japanese. “Please?”

“Okay, you two are really annoying. Why are you speaking Japanese all of a sudden?” Maria is complaining, sitting up in the sofa. “I do understand what you are saying but it is still super annoying.”

“I got nothing against him coming here since I can keep an eye on him then,” Emelia continues to tell Hannah as if Maria didn’t say anything, “but our managers will not approve.”

“Don’t think about them,” Maria waves her hand at them, understanding that part, but she is still speaking in Korean. “I’ll handle our managers. Or we will put three pets in their rooms and they will never say against us again.”

“Do we have a say in this too or what?” Julia raises her hand. She has quietly been listening to them, and it sounds like both Emelia and Maria are letting Jonghyun stay the night over.

“No,” Maria is fast to answer while Hannah pouts out with her lower lip, knowing Julia and Carolina might not want him to come. Cuteness has the power, Carolina usually says.

“Don’t look at me, look at her,” Julia is fast to point at Carolina. “I don’t share room with Hannah anymore so he has no reason to get inside my room, and then I got nothing against it.”

Hannah’s cute pout is turned to Carolina, who is pouting back. “But he is a boy,” Carolina is pouting.

“Our managers are too,” Maria says.

“Please Carolina! I promise you will get the small bunny-shape chocolate from me if you let him come,” Hannah begs, and when mentioning chocolate she can see a change in Carolina’s eyes.

“Oh…” Emelia is the one breathing out a sound though. “Can’t she get the big one instead?”

Hannah gives Emelia a look, wondering quietly for herself why before it hits her and she leans away from Emelia to hit her on the arm. “You eat up my bunny chocolate?!” Hannah whines loudly.

“It was staring at me!” Emelia defends herself.

“She said ‘my bunny chocolate’,” Carolina is laughing loudly. “That’s so cute!”

“Emelia!” Hannah whines, half crying. For Valentine she got a lot of chocolate, and as if fans have the same thought she got this bunny-shape chocolate bigger than her hand wrapped in some cute paper (that Hannah has put up high on a shelf in their room) and then she got a small one that was a little bigger than finger (really cute!). She got much more chocolate, but just those two were chocolate that actually were shaped so they could stand up like some decorating.

“You wouldn’t even eat it,” Emelia pushes Hannah away with a laugh, and Maria bursts out something when Hannah falls on her back next to her in the sofa and Emelia leans over Hannah with the pillow in her hand to hit her with it. Hannah ends up laughing, not able to whine and complain when being hit by the pillow. Maria grabs a pillow to hit it on Emelia.

“Ya, we are watching a movie here!” Maria says.

“Pillow fight!” Julia laughs and gets up to throw a pillow over at them.

Maria grabs that pillow and throws it back on Julia. “I’m watching a romantic movie – not having a pillow fight!”

“Too late,” Emelia chuckles and hits the pillow on Maria’s head, making Maria fall down against the backrest and Hannah laughs at Maria’s reaction, still lying in the sofa and she knows that it is now a pillow fight. Michin starts to bark when the laughter gets louder between the members and Ace goes to lie somewhere else to not get a pillow on him while Ryo is just happily waving his tail.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

Early Saturday morning, 5 Pieces are filming one of the VCR videos for their tour, and after that Hannah heads to film the intro video for [I CRY] on her own. Hannah arrives at the set with amaze. It is this enormous space with a white piano standing empty in the middle of it, it is dark and staff is helping out to make the whole floor wet with a hose for the effects where they will film.

Hannah gets ready to film; wearing a white long shirt with a white bra and white shorts with bare feet and legs, the shirt long and big so it covers her shorts that are just for safety. It is the outfit she probably will wear at the concert too. Though the actual performance hasn’t been decided, they still know how the introduction video will be like. It is a sad song, and the video will be sad too. Hannah is listening to the director, who is Korean, how they will film the parts for the video and he give her questions to make sure she will like the ideas and Hannah is nodding, giving her own small questions if there is something she wonders about. A woman from SM Entertainment is there to film the making, though Hannah talked to her before and the woman thinks it is more a clip to save for the future; it might be put in the concert DVD or something later. Because [I CRY] will also be performed at 5 Pieces tour outside Japan later the year, the producers and staff she is working with for the introduction video are Korean, though it will be used for the arena tour too.

The first scene they will film is of Hannah just entering the scene, slowly walking on the wet ground towards the piano, stopping some meters on the side and looking at it. The filming is surprisingly much harder than she expected because the moment her bare feet steps in on the wet ground, she opens and looks over her shoulder at the others.

“It’s freezing!” she whispers, apologizing with a laugh. The warm water didn’t work, so the producer apologizes for that too but Hannah says it’s okay. To do everything for a good video, right? She even shakes her hands like crazy when walking over to stand at where she is supposed to stand and the staff laughs at her funny faces over the freezing cold on her feet.

“Are you ready?” the producer asks.

“Yes. I’ll slowly walk with my head straight and sad face and stop,” Hannah gives a nod, taking a deep breath for the cold, hoping she will do that in one take so she can jump off to the side and put on those warm socks waiting for her. The director makes his noise for the scene to begin. In the video there will actually be a piano piece playing, as a tease for [I CRY] because according to the director and staff, everyone knows the piano sound for [I CRY], but now when they are filming there is no sound.

Hannah starts to slowly walk on the wet floor, the director telling her to do it slower and slower, the camera filming her and the whole surrounding with Hannah slowly walking towards the piano before she stops her steps, just looking at the piano a few meters in front of her. It feels like forever before the director calls ‘cut’ and Hannah looks over at him to know if she can go or not, but he asks her to please stand still so they can do a close-up and do the next scene right away. Hannah just nods, not moving her feet a single bit in the cold water and just standing there, freezing. They do a close-up before the director tells Hannah she can come to the side and warm her feet while watching what they have filmed to know if they should do it again. They don’t have to do it again, but Hannah still has to walk the same thing slowly for them to film her feet – Hannah did her best to not have bad feet knowing they will appear on screen for the concerts.

Hannah then has to get away from that cold ground, apologizing to the staff about her sensitive feet when jumping on her toes to where everyone else are standing, getting in the arms of stylist Yong Hyun who stood ready with a long warm jacket. He had even been wearing it to keep it warm for her. She smiles at the camera when the woman steps up in front of Hannah, asking for a comment.

“I got a personal assistant,” Hannah comments, meaning the man who has sat down on his heels to help her put on the warm socks. She does feel bad for the stylist doing that, never liking letting other people put on her shoes, so now when it is socks she is constantly saying she can do it and apologizing. But he still does it.

“A comment about the filming,” the woman chuckles and smiles over Hannah’s words

“It’s cold. Seriously so cold,” Hannah honestly answers, trying to get warm in the jacket. “But it is to make a good video, so I have to … bite through the cold.”

She smiles at the woman when Hannah has to step to the side to look at what they just filmed with the director. He seems satisfied with it, explaining how he wants to cut in the parts together before they start to talk about what to film next. When Hannah has gotten warm again, she gets the socks and jacket off and steps out to practice what she is supposed to do in hope she doesn’t have to do many retakes to waste film. The director guides her through what they will film, and with her fingers curled up in to fists, Hannah gives a nod when he asks her if she can film the scene right away or if she wants to get warm first again. So they do it right away. Hannah walks up to the piano, slowly taking out her hand to press a key with one finger, doing every single thing slowly and she has to lean forward to reach the key. Just when she is about to touch the key the director calls for her to freeze in that position, the camera swiftly moving closer to film her before the director tells her to press the key. Hannah doesn’t move from that place for several shots, they are filming from different angles and so before they call for a break to let Hannah regain her senses from the cold and to slightly fix her hair and make-up.

Hannah is making a cute face-expression when the woman comes up to her again with that small camera.

“They just said that the next scene is the raining scene,” Hannah says when leaning a little towards the woman, smiling at her after glancing at the camera. “Cold water falling from the ceiling.”

“Do you know the name of it in Korean?” the woman wonders, because Hannah explains it strangely, and Hannah continues to give a face.

“Fire rain?” she asks and laughs when noticing the people around are laughing at her answer, and she knows she is wrong. She waves her hand in the air towards the ceiling. “If it is a fire, water falls down…”

“Sprinkler,” the woman tells her in Korean, saying it clearly.

“Sprinkler,” Hannah repeats, looking like she is really learning it for the first time. “Ah, fire sprinkler? I know that.”

“You knew it?” the woman asks and Hannah just smiles, ending up shaking her head with a laugh.

“Fire sprinkler,” Hannah repeats again, nodding as if saying she will remember it. “It’s very important to have. Especially in this scene where I will play the piano and the water starts to fall. The piano is very dangerous.”

She is just joking, being in a good mood and feeling a little tired with her body all frozen from being barefoot. The Koreans laughs at her joke, so it is quite a successful joke. Her stylist says they just laugh because she is pretty and a foreigner, but she knows he is just fooling around with her.

To stay warm when walking out on the cold ground again, Hannah starts to sing for herself. It’s not that she thinks it will keep her warm; it just helps her to be in other thoughts. She has seen them test the sprinkler system already, so she isn’t really worried if it all of a sudden will start falling heavy water over her. Hannah is singing her own song, not knowing what else would be fit to singing in this surrounding. Even now when she is so focused on filming the introduction video, she is still thinking of how she will perform the actual song, so into that she has to make it a personal, sensitive and touching performance. She just doesn’t know how to manage to do that.

She gets ready by the piano, and while waiting to start she presses some keys, giving a glance to the side before continuing to playfully play on the piano lightly. She can’t play, but it always sounds so good.

They start to film, with Hannah staying by the piano, and the sprinklers are so it first starts off slowly to rain down on her, the camera filming her close up. Hannah has her head lowered to the piano, so the water doesn’t hit her face until she stands up straight and turns her face up to let it hit her face, just as they have practiced. She closes her eyes, hoping her make-up and hair won’t get completely ruined for the camera.

After filming for a while, getting her hair dried and make-up checked and improved after each water scene to continue, the woman who has been filming on the side captures Hannah sitting down on her heels and hitting the water on the ground with her palms, like a little wet child. Still barefoot and she is wet from the scenes, Hannah is playing with the water, not even the stylist can’t help but to take a picture of it; but once he has taken a picture of Hannah playing in the water he calls for her to come out from it to not catch a cold.

 

With her hair still drying from the filming, Hannah returns to the practice-room after eating dinner. Maria has gone to Korea by now and the other members have been practicing their solos and other things while Hannah has been away. When Hannah comes, Emelia leaves with some members of the band and dancers to go celebrate someone’s birthday and also Emelia’s one year since she made her Japanese solo debut, while Julia and Carolina go home to relax and have fun with their pets. Hannah and vocal teacher Mr. Kim are left in the practice-room, the teacher telling Hannah that they will not go home until they have solved the problem with [I CRY].

Hannah is sitting by the piano next to her teacher, having him play it for her while she is singing, and there are two others in the room; one person is filming and the other person is Hannah’s manager who is just lazily sitting in the corner with some papers and tablet, like always working.

One and a half hour later, Hannah is sitting with her back resting against the wall, sitting on the floor. It is the most comfortable seat in the practice-room, whether it’s in Korea or in Japan, Hannah loves to sit on the floor there. But now she doesn’t look to be in a good mood. She is troubled with the performance. No matter how many times she sings it, she just can’t come up with the performance she wants to give. Her teacher has tried to help her, but he knows how much this song means for Hannah so it isn’t like he is going to tell her how the performance will be like. This is the only song, the one and only performance that Hannah has been allowed to decide over on her own, and at times like that she has a fear to fail the expectations of her and her stage, so she can’t get anywhere. She is still being filmed, but like always not caring about that as she knows it will probably not get anywhere else but in a box locked away with other memories somewhere at the agency.

“What are you thinking about?” Mr. Kim asks in a low voice from the piano. After five years being his student, Hannah knows he wants her to talk about it, to get in to the feeling she wants for the stage, to get the emotion right so she might find what she is looking for. She is sitting with her knees put up high, her wrists resting on them so she can watch her own hands on the rings on her finger.

“I’m thinking about when I went to Japan for the drama a few years ago,” she answers in a low voice. “When I couldn’t speak either Korean or Japanese well… and I cried almost every night because I felt lonely…”

What Hannah really fascinates about the people that have worked with 5 Pieces for the past four or five years is their dedication to them. Even if Hannah spent more time at the gym than in the vocal practices during the end of 2009, beginning of 2010 because she for a few months had to get in shape for her role, Mr. Kim still kept a close eye on her afterwards to help her catch up with the other members. He doesn’t just follow how her voice gets better, but he keeps a close eye on everything about 5 Pieces, because every single part of their lives can be shown through their voices. If you are lonely, your voice can say that – everything is about emotions. They used to have practice a long time ago about talking how you are feeling in that moment or the teacher gives you a word that you will have to describe with your voice. It is about the same thing in acting classes, but instead of the voice you use your face- and body-expressions. Hannah did well at those classes.

She has been quite for a minute, thinking about that.

“Did you think about that period when you wrote the song?” Mr. Kim asks her.

“No,” Hannah smiles softly, still on her rings. “Or I might have. When I was promoting for the drama, the fans would always ask me when I would bring 5 Pieces with me to Japan to promote or release an album, and I always said that they will have to wait a little longer… It took three years for the album and concert to come, so I think they have waited for a long time…”

Manager Lee is the one sitting in the corner, the same manager who was with Hannah last year during her solo promotions with [I CRY] and drama filming in Korea. It’s been a year since he became manager for 5 Pieces. He wasn’t there when Hannah was in Japan on her own three years ago, when she was alone in a country without her members and surrounded by people speaking two different languages she barely understood.

“For this performance… I guess I want to show that lonely times can be good times if you in the future look back on it,” Hannah whispers, knowing they are listening. She smiles up at her teacher. “Every day when I was filming for ‘Fist of Victory’ here in Japan, fans would be somewhere nearby and cheer me on. They even prepared lunch for me and the staff, wishing us all good luck, and at that time I couldn’t really converse well with them. After each week, some of them would comment that my Japanese had improved, so now after three years… Maybe I can give back what they gave me.”

“Then you will do that,” Mr. Kim tells her.

Hannah gives a sad smile. She is really grateful to their fans, no matter which country they are from. When she was in Japan back in beginning of 2010, filming for the drama outside, she would step to the side to try converse with the fans. Her lonely time without the members made her eventually try to talk to however have the patience to talk to someone who couldn’t speak the language fluently, and her fans were always ready to talk to her.

“Why is just [I CRY] so important to perform for the fans?” the woman holding the camera asks Hannah, so Hannah looks at her.

“All songs with 5 Pieces are important, but just [I CRY] is the first song that I have written and sung on my own,” Hannah answers with her eyes slightly smiling. “It will be a performance without the ladies so more … more weight will be put on me. The other day I actually got a letter from a fan here in Japan, who wrote about all the positive ways [I CRY] has changed her life, and it really … made me think that this song might mean a lot to our fans too. So I want to express that message…”

“Should we do it again?” Mr. Kim wonders, starting to press some keys on the piano.

Hannah gets up on her feet, concentrating on imagining she is standing on the stage and not in the practice room, a way to figure out how she wants to perform the song. She closes her eyes and hears the piano playing the all too familiar melody. All the memories of watching covers on YouTube, both boys and girls from all around the world uploading videos of them selves singing the Korean song [I CRY] – some plays the piano too. It’s beautiful how music unites so many people.

Mr. Kim starts to play the beginning over again when Hannah doesn’t begin to sing. But she likes the long piano intro, and he knows she is just experimenting to know how it could sound like. She always begins with some low adlib, something Hannah knows she definitely wants to have in the beginning.

*I see myself in the mirror

I can’t recognize my reflection

Who am I? Why am I alive?*

*Tell me where to walk

Guide me through this life

I regret a lot of things…

I regret staying alive*

When singing the chorus after the first two verses, Hannah steps to the side, singing while picking up the paper where she has the lyrics. She asks her teacher to skip the first verse that comes after the chorus, pointing on the paper for him to see what he means while he is still playing the chorus.

For another two hours they are working on the song, and for the first time since Hannah started to think of how to perform the song, she thinks she is getting somewhere. Reminded of the introduction video she has filmed, remembered of the covers she has watched online as well as her own live performances of [I CRY], Hannah seems to be getting the idea of how she wants her performance to be like. She and Mr. Kim works hard on it all late evening, exchanging thoughts and ideas of what they have created; Hannah worried the audience won’t enjoy the song if she changes it too much. There are low notes, high notes, long notes… It is hopefully the performance she wants to have.

On the way to the apartment, Hannah keeps checking her cell phone. Maria has texted her to inform Hannah that Kyung Ho is all well and happy in Seoul, Jonghyun had texted to say he has arrived in Tokyo and Carolina has called four times and sent one text to write that a Dino is trying to eat up their puppies. In other words; Jonghyun has arrived at 5 Pieces’ apartment. She smiles at her manager who is driving her. How Maria got him to agree on letting Jonghyun stay?

“It’s either Jonghyun staying over at our place or Hannah disappearing during the whole night. A secret meeting or media all over the place?” was what Maria had told their managers, and by bringing up the media, their manager said he does not want to hear anything from the apartment and that they all should sleep – in their own beds. Hannah does not think he will know where they sleep, so she doesn’t really care about that.

“I called Manager Lim in Korea to tell him about Jonghyun coming here,” Manager Lee starts to say while driving. “And Maria has apparently already talked to him about it.”

Hannah can’t help but to give him a bright smile. “She surprises you,” she can tell.

“Definitely,” Manager Lee breathes out tiredly. “People say Emelia’s eyes are scaring, but when Maria looks at you with those big, focused eyes, it is completely crazy. I just get the feeling that something bad would happen if I don’t do as she says.”

“Do you know why?” Hannah giggles. He looks questioning at her. “It’s because she is our leader. And she knows that Emelia got her back if she needs her.”

“In other words, she got confidence from the rest of you.”

“In other words, 5 Pieces can win over you easily,” Hannah answers happily, joking with him.

He smiles, shaking his head as he guesses that could be right. “I still don’t like that Jonghyun is coming over,” he tells her.

“I know.”

“And you should know that I can come by anytime-”

“Oppa,” Hannah breathes, “Are you saying that I can’t have a private life?”

“No, I’m just telling you to not do something-”

“He is sleeping over, Ji Young, it’s not like he is going to me,” Hannah tells him and she smiles when he reacts on how she says ‘’. “And I got three ladies guarding us already, plus three pets, so you don’t have to worry.”

“You know, if he even-”

“Oppa!” Hannah whines. “Drop it, please~”

He does drop it, but he doesn’t like it that Jonghyun is staying at 5 Pieces’ apartment. When they are standing in the elevator, Hannah asks him to not come inside the apartment and just go to his own room and sleep. She gets satisfied when he agrees to do that, telling her what time they are leaving in the morning before parting and Hannah goes inside the apartment where she right away can hear the TV is on and Julia talking. Paws are heard hurrying towards the hall when hearing the door close and Hannah gives out a light voice when saying the name of the puppy appearing in front of her. Michin starts to wave his tail so much that his is moving back and forth, happily running up to Hannah when seeing her and Hannah picks him up the moment she has taken off her jacket and with him in her arms she takes off her shoes.

“I’m back!” Hannah calls out happily when stepping inside the corridor inside the hall, letting Michin down and when looking back up she bursts out in a huge smile at Jonghyun hurrying up to her, just like a puppy. She laughs when he embraces her, turning her around with his face in her neck and Hannah putting her arms around him, holding on to him tight as if she is trying to apologize through the hug. It feels so good to have him there. Jonghyun hugs her tightly too, pressing his face in her neck. She smells strange, not like she usually does, but it is still Hannah and he loves to hold his arms around her, holding on to her as if they are never letting go.

“You never give me that kind of hug…” Carolina is pouting over by the living-room, looking at them from a distance. Emelia throws a pillow at Carolina’s back.

“Let them be,” Emelia tells her, and she smiles when Carolina comes back to the living-room to sit down in the sofa.

“I missed you,” Jonghyun whispers in Hannah’s ear, these two in a complete different world, his lips touching her hair.

“I’m sorry,” Hannah whispers back, holding even tighter around him. “I’m stupid, sorry.”

“I love you even if you are stupid at times,” Jonghyun tells her in a low voice, not smiling but he means it deeply. Michin is walking around their feet with his tail waving happily, Ryo also coming over to greet Hannah.

Once the couple is letting go of each other, Hannah asks if the ladies have been nice to him – knowing they can be weird at times – and Jonghyun says while they are heading inside the living-room that he even was allowed to use the bathroom. It’s a joke that makes Hannah laugh. She lets Jonghyun sit down in the sofa before she says she has to take a quick shower because she feels nasty after today’s scene in the water.

“Michin will keep him entertained,” Emelia tells Hannah with a smile, and Hannah smiles too when seeing Jonghyun calling for Michin right away who comes to jump on his leg in hope to get on his lap.

Hannah takes a quick shower, getting dressed in her big print t-shirt that she often uses to sleep in with its long sleeves and wide collar, and a pair of black cropped baggy pants that she got last time SM Town went to Los Angeles. And socks, of course; Hannah wouldn’t go around barefoot after a shower because it gets cold. When she is done, she goes inside the living-room to sit down next to Jonghyun, pulling up her legs to sit comfortable and leaning a little to Jonghyun who takes her hand in his while having Michin playing with his other hand; Michin is lying next to him, rolling around on his back while playing with Jonghyun’s fingers. Hannah joins in the conversation they are all having, while also they are watching some TV program in Japanese that Jonghyun apparently said is hilarious and Hannah is resting her cheek on her boyfriend’s shoulder, after a while smiling when she is using her free hand to travel her fingers along the back of his hand because Jonghyun had given her a kiss on her hair when he felt her doing that.

While they are all starting to yawn and Julia has already gone to bed, Carolina gets up and leaves before she returns with Emelia’s camera and standing up she focuses it on the three sitting in the sofa. Okay, Emelia is lying comfortably with Ace on her stomach. Hannah lifts up her hand to cover her face but Carolina tells her not to and Jonghyun takes down her hand but Hannah turns her head to hide behind his shoulder. Carolina has already pressed to take the picture, but she gets confused and looks at the camera.

“I think I’m filming…” Carolina mumbles. “Emelia, it’s filming.”

“Turn it off then,” Emelia answers.

Hannah laughs when Jonghyun lets go of her hand to put his arm around her so she can’t hide her face and when Carolina turns off the filming, she walks up to Emelia to get help to change it so she can take a picture instead.

“Delete that video,” Hannah laughs, still struggling to put Jonghyun’s arm away from her while he is struggling to keep it there.

“Don’t delete that video. Emelia, you can send it to me, right?” Jonghyun asks and Hannah gives him a look. “She filmed us, didn’t she? I want to see it.”

“I can send it to you,” Emelia tells Jonghyun while looking through the video on her own. She doesn’t give the camera back to Carolina, saying she can’t have her favourite camera broken because Carolina doesn’t know what she does. Hannah hits away Jonghyun’s hand from her, not angry or upset and he knows that because he sees her smile when she gets up from her seat.

“I’m going to bed,” Hannah says, starting to leave with just a glance over her shoulder at Jonghyun who smiles after her.

“Goodnight then, ladies,” Jonghyun says when getting up too.

“Sleep well,” Emelia chuckles.

It wasn’t difficult to sort out how the night will be like. Emelia decided to sleep in the sofa (she could sleep in Maria’s room but she didn’t want to sleep there) to not have to sleep in the same room as Hannah and Jonghyun. Jonghyun walks up behind Hannah, touching her still wet hair and when she gets inside the bedroom he tries to put up her hair in a pony-tail with his hand, making Hannah laugh and ask what he is doing.

“Your hair has gotten long,” he comments, and he laughs when she does.

“That’s so random,” Hannah laughs. Even when she turns around, he holds up her hair behind her head, moving his arms and shifts hand to manage to do that with Hannah facing him, having her smile brightly at him when he pulls her hair just a little so she has to look up at him.

“Emelia told me that you haven’t been able to sleep since Bangkok,” Jonghyun whispers when leaning closer to let his lips touch hers. “And I am happy you haven’t been able to sleep.”

She scoffs at his comment and Jonghyun just smiles.

“It’s my revenge because what happened last week,” he tells her with a satisfied voice, low and hoarse, his eyes looking at hers and he has a nice smile. Hannah blushes, feeling bad for her behaviour but so happy that she has the most amazing boyfriend every.

“Do you want to sleep in my bed and I’ll take Emelia’s?” Hannah asks him to not just quietly look at him. He looks surprised over the question. “The bed is small.”

“I want to sleep with you in my arms,” Jonghyun answers, carefully putting down her hair and holds his arms tighter around her with his arms heavily resting on her shoulders. His face gets really close, and he smiles when seeing the colours change on her cheeks a little more. “You aren’t good at changing the subject.”

“You are making it difficult to focus,” Hannah answers sweetly and she giggles when he pouts out with his lips for a kiss. She gives him a quick kiss, holding her hands by his waist. Her heart is beating so fast.

“I like that answer,” he tells her and gives her another kiss before he steps out from the hug, walking around her to lie down on her bed, on top of the quilt. Hannah smiles and sits down on the bed, picking up her bag that she had taken in there when she was going to take a shower. “Kyung Ho came to Music Bank yesterday.”

“I heard that.”

“Minho wouldn’t leave him alone to play some football game together.”

“Did he have fun?” Hannah wonders, looking up at Jonghyun who is moving the pillow to put his head on it so he can look at her.

He gives a nod. “He likes to wear hats, so I told him that I’ll give him a cool one next time.”

Hannah smiles and crawls up to lie next to him, lying on her stomach to keep her upper-body up with her arms. “You like him too,” she tells him, putting her head on the side while they are smiling at each other. Jonghyun bites his lower lip at her, making her heart skip a beat.

“He’s adorable, and he is bright too. He isn’t as naïve as you and Taemin are, he actually notices things. Really cool kid,” Jonghyun tells her and he laughs when she gave him a small hit when commenting on her being naïve.

“‘Cool kid’,” she then imitates him funnily, giggling when leaning down to kiss him and Jonghyun laughs at her imitation.

For a long time they are just lying in bed and talking in low voices to each other, cuddling and giving kisses and hoping none of the ladies will come and complain. Ryo comes after a while too, just staying for a little while before leaving again. Though it is a small bed compared to the one Hannah has in Korea, there is no problem at all to sleep next to each other. It is the best Hannah has been able to sleep for a whole week.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces’ First Japan Arena Tour Countdown D-5

Headline 23rd: Hyunsuk & Maria Sings Karaoke On Their 100 Days At ‘We Got Married’ Episode 18

Headline 23rd: Emelia (EM) Celebrates 1 Year Anniversary Since Japanese Solo Debut Together With Friends In Japan

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces’ Maria Brings Her Sisters To Watch Super Show 5!

Headline 23rd: Super Junior’s Ryeowook Thanks Maria’s Sisters On Twitter

Headline 23rd: Maria Takes A Picture With Her Sisters & Super Junior At Super Show

 

Headline 24th: Maria Counts Down D-4 With Picture On Instagram

Headline 24th: 5 Pieces Admits On Japanese Show They Don’t Like Aging

Headline 24th: [Run Out] Performed On Music Japan

Headline 24th: Is 5 Pieces Creating A “Bad Girl” Trend In Japan?

 

Headline 25th: Second Best Book Of The Week In Korea Is Still ‘Joe’

Headline 25th: ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Takes Second Spot On Sweden’s ‘Best 5 Books Of March Month’

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias

 

So many views but no comments? =(