Chapter 89 - Weekly IDOL 1

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

# Weekly IDOL is a South Korean variety show, airing 6PM every Wednesday nights on MBC Every1. The show is hosted by comedian Jung Hyungdon and rapper Defconn and consists of several segments; one of the segments features idol groups as an invited guest

## Filmed 2013-07-09, Part One airs July 24 and Part 2 airs July 31

Special GUESTS: 5 Pieces

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

“Finally they are here”

“Finally!”

“2013, the absolutely strongest idol group in the whole world…! They don’t just stick to be the best in music but they are at the top at acting, DJ, modelling and even coming out with their own books! The most wanted group in Asia!! There is no one else but 5 PIECES!”

The two male hosts of Weekly Idol were on the white set, beginning to clap their hands when they turned a little to the right where Carolina suddenly came dashing by; running around in the white background randomly, wearing a blue denim washed jumpsuit and her thin dark brown hair went below her shoulders with the hair extensions, her straight fringe got messed up when running around crazily in the back, seemed like she was excited to be on Weekly Idol. The hosts got surprised by her entrance, host Hyungdon even paused his clapping when turning his head around to glance after her, surprised to have a female idol running around like that but he looked back to where she came from to see the model Maria coolly step up in front of the cameras. Maria made a different entrance as well, confidently and simply nodding in greeting to the cameras and staff with her back against the hosts. Her blonde hair was long and straight, it looked great to her simple outfit of a black lace-trip tank top and blue skinny jeans; looking like a model on the way for an audition because it is natural and beautiful. Both hosts looked a little more at her before the last three members came out on the set as well, walked up to stand in front of the hosts (the hosts were behind them!), facing the cameras and as if their position there was a cue, Carolina and Maria took their positions with them for 5 Pieces’ usual formation and the hosts hidden behind them, looking confused.

“Pieces of one!” Carolina shouted louder than necessary from where she was standing in the middle and the group burst out in a synched greeting, sounding like female military; “Hello viewers of Weekly Idol, we are 5 Pieces!”

It was a great greeting and the ladies ended it with a polite bow, but they could hear someone complain behind them after the great greet;

“Ey, ey, ey, ey! We are standing right behind you!” Hyungdon complained with a finger pointed at them.

5 Pieces turned around and the hosts’ face-expressions became priceless to see these five foreign celebrities focus their attention on them, and the girls bowed to them like practiced. “Hello, we are the rookies on variety; 5 Pieces!” Carolina was joking and she smiled when the hosts laugh at it. 5 Pieces are far from rookies no matter where they are, which is the fun in it as they had their backs towards the cameras that rookies always make the mistake of doing, and the girls started it all off by having their backs against the hosts; another part of the joke. The hosts just kept laughing at the good opening and Hannah hurried to step to the side when Julia pushed her arm; the ladies all moved professionally to stand on the side next to the hosts as they were supposed to do, smiling proudly over who entertained the hosts are over their entrance. Carolina was taking her fingers through her fringe to make it look good again.

Email had her long black hair with hints of brown put up in a messy braided hairstyle, looking chic dressed in a white tab-sleeve t-shirt and blue cropped star print baggy pants. She put her hands in the pants pockets when waiting for the hosts to stop laughing, all into her character as the charismatic and scary rapper of 5 Pieces. It had been a while since she appeared on variety shows. Standing next to Carolina (the ladies were standing in their usual order with Maria on their very right next to the hosts) was Julia who couldn’t stop smiling widely at the hosts. She wore an orange flower patterned inset skirt shorts, a tiny belt for the details and a black skull print t-shirt tugged in. Julia had mixed her solo promotion look with 5 Pieces’, but what always stands out on her these days was her short pixie haircut in golden brown with blonde tops, that for today wasn’t styled spiky but more softer and very sophisticated. She looked like a real stylish female idol.

“Whoa, really, this is 5 Pieces!” the host Defconn said when he has stopped laughing, looking at the girls with an impressed expression. “You got sense!”

Hannah was standing furthest away from the hosts and she was almost hiding behind Julia the way she hugged her friend’s arm and peeked over at the hosts, smiling along with Julia over the hosts’ reaction. She was wearing a pair of denim distressed jeans with folded legs and a plain black collar v-neck t-shirt; she had matched her many black leather and silver bracelets with the ones Emelia was wearing, and all five ladies were wearing matching necklaces in silver with a tiny ornament that they received from their fan-club a few years back. Hannah’s long dirty blonde hair had long classic waves, but she kept most of her hair falling down her back when looking at the hosts, only a few locks were hanging forward to be seen by the cameras.

“5 Pieces is the fifth SM artist to come here… What took you so long?”

“We had a lot of important things to do, so we thought if this program is still running when we have time, then we’ll come. And here we are,” Maria coolly answered with a shrug on the shoulder as if they didn’t care whether they came or not, but it is all an act for entertainment.

“Aaaaah, you are also surprised we have gone on this long?” Hyungdon joined in the joke and reached up a hand to get a high-five with the leader, but Maria didn’t do anything, instead Carolina excitedly jumped out to do the high-.five with the host while the other ladies just looked at them, waiting to continue.

“When 5 Pieces was going to come here, we worried a lot,” Defconn admitted, “as we don’t know what language to speak with you. We (the hosts) aren’t as international as 5 Pieces, so we will speak in Korean.”

“And we will speak in Chinese,” Emelia nodded and then turned to the camera, saying a greeting in Chinese that made them laugh at her joke.

Maria didn’t laugh, instead she stayed cool and asked if they are going to do Random Play Dance; she seemed restless, not caring about Emelia’s joke at all and the hosts laughed once again. “You want to do Random Play Dance?”

“Yes,” Maria confidently nodded. “We have watched the show before and we really want to try that.”

“Who have you seen on this show?” They were curious to know.

“SHINee, 4 Minute, Super Junior senior, EXO…” Emelia began counting on her fingers and looked then at her members for help, hearing Maria mumble some group-name too.

“A Pink, After School,” Carolina said those she had watched.

“Emelia texted me,” Hyungdon mentioned for his co-host when hearing who Emelia said, “when EXO was coming. It felt like a threat when she told me to treat them well…”

“We take care of our juniors,” Emelia nodded in agreement.

“So how did we do?” Defconn wondered, looking at her behind his sunglasses.

Emelia made a face-expression that didn’t really say they did well, but she added to not cause too much fear; “You’ll survive for now.” The hosts laughed, still feared and worried what would happen if they didn’t do well and viewers will laugh at their reactions and jokes.

“Are we doing it?” Maria interrupted restlessly and Hyungdon laughed.

“You have to wait, we want to talk to you first,” he answered her very softly, as if his voice was calming her but before Maria could come with a comment on that, Defconn noticed something;

“How come you are all so tall when you are wearing sneakers?”

Hannah automatically looked down on their feet to see what he was pointing at, looking at the five ladies wearing similar sneakers. Hannah knows she isn’t tall, so when she looked up and she saw the reason they think the ladies look tall.

“It’s because you are standing next to our tallest member,” she was fast to point out.

“Ah!” the hosts realised and took another step away from them. “It is the first time we have stood so far away from our guest. I think we felt a tower right here…” they were joking with Maria’s height, but in amazement both hosts still looked up and down at the ladies, mentioned that Maria really look like a model, but noticed other things too.

“What’s wrong with you then?” Hyungdon bravely asked and pointed at Emelia, who was still looking charismatic with hands in her pockets. Her eyes looked fiercely at him, so Hyungdon is fast to apologize.

“I’m the charismatic model,” Emelia answered in a dark voice.

“Oh … what a voice!” Defconn complimented in delight.

Julia looked at Hannah with a silent laugh and Hannah laughed quietly too, liking the entertainment they do on this show.

“Could the tallest one… move away from us? Maybe stand over there?” Hyungdon suggested, politely he showed with his arm for Maria to walk over to Hannah on the other side and Hannah reached out her hand to welcome the leader. Maria walked slowly to the other side, mode-walking before she put her arm around Hannah’s shoulders, looking like a gangster boss model posing because even if Hannah was hiding insoles in her sneakers, she was much shorter and Maria pointed it out (though the insoles are a secret). The hosts noticed how Maria was pushing down Hannah and they were fast to ask why she was doing that to the youngest, panicking to separate the two of them.

“Hannah is naturally short, so I can’t press her lower down,” Maria was teasing, while Hannah stood up on her toes with a grimace and the hosts laughed lightly. Julia was clever to solve it by pushing Hannah to stand on Maria’s usual spot next to Emelia, so the tallest and shortest members had changed positions.

“That’s much better!” the hosts complimented and even clapping their hands; standing closer to the girls now when Hannah was standing next to them. Hannah smiled helplessly. “Now why don’t you always stand like this? Tall members should be far away from the hosts.”

Hannah began smiling widely, holding her hands firmly together in front of her as she felt awkward to stand there, more in the centre than she normally was. Maria and Julia were awkward standing next to each other too, but the hosts didn’t notice that and the two other ladies were just feeling how strange it was with the leader and youngest standing on the wrong sides.

“Oh, you look cuter all of a sudden,” Hyungdon mentioned when stepping forward to look at the members, and then he pointed at Hannah, “The youngest makes you all look cuter…”

Hannah laughed as it was a long time ago she was called both “cute” and “youngest” in the same sentence on variety, and Emelia couldn’t help but to laugh next to her too. Maria didn’t care about the comment; having this we-know-she’s-cute face-expression.

“Could we do Random Play Dance now?” Maria suggested, not wanting to stand there and the hosts laughed at how eager she was, commenting that she has no patience at all and Maria was so cool that she agreed with them, saying she has no patience and again asked if they will play it or not.

“Have you practiced for it?” they asked the ladies, just because they seemed like they wanted to play it so badly. To their surprise, 5 Pieces were shaking their heads, so the hosts were confused to why they want to do it because it is a very tricky game.

“It seems fun,” Julia answered.

The hosts began both smiling evilly. “Let’s see for how long you will think that… Random Play Dance; music, cue!”

Random Play Dance is a game of where the staff plays any song that has been promoted by 5 Pieces, and they play any kind of part in the song to randomly change to another song while the guests must dance with the proper choreography for each song. It is tricky, because you never know where in the song they play, when the song will be changed or what song will come next. But 5 Pieces had looked forward to this game, all of them stood still to hear what song will come first. Hannah giggled as she could see Emelia taking a foot forward, prepared to rush forward once the song began – they needed to go to the middle of the set for the game, the hosts stepped more to the side to watch. And the first sang began to play, and 5 Pieces rushed forward to take their positions with the hosts carefully looking from a little on the side, expected to see a clear mistake. They are bound to do mistakes for this game.

[Original] was played and the girls knew exactly where in the song it began as the song played Carolina’s voice singing *No more hiding, step out and show them, ORIGINAL* before the chorus. All five girls did correct and were focused on dancing, the hosts even gave out a sound to show they were impressed; also they tried to follow along with the dance to 5 Pieces’ popular song from 2010.

Towards the end of the chorus, the song was stopped. Hannah froze for a second while trying to hear what the next song was and what part of the song as well – the song was [Once Upon A Time]. Recognizing the part she made a sudden turn around to head further back, all of the ladies suddenly shifting positions and Hannah bumped in Julia when changing place and then turned back to face the front, seeing Maria randomly dancing at the front with Emelia look to be the only one dancing the right thing and the hosts were laughing loudly when telling the staff to stop the music. Hannah stayed still, looking innocent as if she hadn’t done anything wrong and the other ladies stopped too along with the music.

“What are you now doing?” Hyungdon sounded upset at them as he stepped up to look at the girls with a surprised face-expression because one second they were charismatically dancing to [Original] and the next they were looking like a mess to [Once Upon A Time].

“I looked totally awesome!” Maria answered with too much confidence, knowing she did wrong but she is proud over her try and the hosts pointed at Hannah and Julia next for their explanation.

“You two, were you flirting or something? None of you really danced,” Hyungdon complained at them; it’s his job to be mean to idols at times, which is why this show is so entertaining for viewers. “Can we do it again?”

5 Pieces got ready to do it again but Emelia lifted up her hand to say something. “Can’t we have a punishment for the one making a mistake?” she suggested. On her suggestion, Defconn walked to the staff to get a toy hammer and Emelia’s eyes were seen on screen looking evil when she glanced at her members, probably imagining getting to hit them with that. Hannah looked worried, muttering that she probably will make a mistake first because of that toy hammer and Emelia’s eyes.

The music started anew, this time they played the chorus for [I Love You] and the girls rushed to their positions. Hannah started to dance when finding her spot, and she got all embarrassed over the cute song because for some reason, 5 Pieces actually did the dance cutely and made cute face-expressions, Hannah did it too while lowering her head shyly from time to time. It was no problem to find their positions, but that means that the song will change – Hannah looked all clueless when she automatically started to dance to the chorus of [Black & White], and then glanced at where her members were to glide to her position while doing the dance. All of them did it; starting to dance as they knew what part it is in the song and then glided to their positions. “Oooh!” the hosts praised them, impressed.

Again the song was changed. Hannah knew what song they put on – [Oppa] – that is their most recent Korean release, and she started to dance while staying on her position. The hosts were both singing happily to the song, finding it very cute. Hannah stepped up for her part in the chorus, shyly lip-synching her part *My heart beats so fast (I still don’t know oh) Oppa, do I like you?* and as if she was on an actual stage she smiled cutely to the camera and the hosts are cheering over 5 Pieces’ cute actions.

Hannah burst out laughing when the song changed right away and she stumbled a few steps back for [Original], knowing what chorus it is. She started dancing in the back without any problem, but spotted Carolina pointing at Emelia.

“You’re not supposed to be there,” Carolina said and tried to direct the rapper, but the hosts had already caught them and stopped the music.

“It was right!” Emelia burst out and waved her hand at Carolina, the hosts asked who was making a mistake because both of them were kind of dancing but they were arguing together. They are going to solve this.

“It’s the first part,” Carolina muttered and was about to say something more when Maria stepped forward.

“It’s the second part, idiot!”

“No, it’s-”

The second part!” Maria shouted and started to sing the differences of the first and second chorus. “Idiot!” She turned to the hosts, waving her fingers. “Give me that hammer.”

The hosts were speechless. Why? Because of the strength behind the ladies’ presence, the way Maria sounded scary telling them to give her a hammer. They didn’t expect the ladies to attack one member just to use the hammer; not knowing that 5 Pieces love those toy hammers.

“Wait, wait, wait,” Hyungdon dared to interrupt them, holding on to one end of the hammer to not completely give it to Maria. “Could you join us in on this? Why is she being punished when she says the other one was wrong?”

“Emelia was right, Carolina was wrong,” Hannah simply corrects with a nod.

“Carolina said Emelia was wrong, but that’s untrue, so because Carolina was mistaken, she is the one to be punished,” Julia added, the two of them seemed like viewers on the side of a drama and they know all details of who did what.

“And also because she annoys Maria,” Hannah filled out, ending it all with a smile at the hosts looking at them.

“Are you two a duo?” Defconn smiled, pointed at Hannah and Julia who both laughs, Julia nodded for answer.

“Can I hit now?” Maria asked, holding on tight to the toy hammer.

“Just wait!” Hyungdon was loosing his temper with her. “Aren’t you the leader? Shouldn’t you be saving and protecting your members?”

“Not when they make mistakes,” Maria coolly answered, taking a step away with the hammer. “And as the leader I should hit to make her know her mistake.”

“Can I have a say in this?” Carolina asked quietly, looking sad that she was wrong.

“No,” Emelia was fast to answer.

“I want Maria to hit,” Carolina said it anyway, and her confession surprised the others and the hosts look just clueless about what to do with 5 Pieces, “Because she is the weakest.”

Maria dropped her jaw like the diva she is, and with a scoff she hands the hammer over to Hannah. “Then Hannah will hit.”

The hosts laughed again at the turn of event, asking if Hannah is the strongest but Hannah just shrugged her shoulders, looked fascinated with the toy hammer in her hand. “I have never used this before.” For some reason she made it sound as if she has punished people a lot of times but just not with a toy hammer and she laughed when Julia laughed next to her but she still end up giving the hammer to Emelia, wanting her to do it.

“Hey, are we doing to do this all day?” Hyungdon complained with the sight of the hammer being handed over here and there. “Emelia will hit. End of story. Now hit.”

She said she hits hard but Emelia is pretty weak so Carolina could still smile to the camera afterwards when they go for another round of Random Play Dance. Starting over, Julia is punished pretty quickly, and then it starts again.

[Original] was played again, and this time the girls did well – maybe because Maria shouted out what part it is for them – and then their debut song [Moon Child] was played, which also went well, [I Love You] was done again with another part, the girls were being cute and then the hosts started to cheer their loudest when [Daze] began, the chorus where 5 Pieces go insane with their hair thrown and leg constantly moving. They go through [Original], and then go back to [Daze], then [Oppa] and again back to [Daze], this time a longer part of it. The girls complained by that time as they seemed to have adapted to the game and their songs was repeated. The hosts were laughing when the music stopped, applauding the girls for their hard work and noticing that 5 Pieces was out of breath.

“All of your songs have really intense dances!” Hyungdon commented, impressed with 5 Pieces since girl groups usually have very simple dances. “And you do it as if it was a real performance…”

5 Pieces had danced each part as if they actually were on stage; their face-expression changed for each song to fit this concept and for each choreography they did it with the best movements, getting tired because all of their charismatic songs have intense choreographies.

 

“We are back with 5 Pieces and ‘rewriting profiles’!” Hyungdon welcomed back after commercials, everyone cheered a bit as he welcomed this corner.

They were all sitting down on chairs now; the two hosts on one side and 5 Pieces in their usual order on the other side with a writing-board between them that had 5 Pieces’ profiles. “It’s been five years since you debuted, so I guess your profiles have changed. We’ll change it today. But first… 5 Pieces is called SM’s younger sisters. That is your nickname. And I want to say that we have been a little scared to have 5 Pieces as guests here because you are very fierce and we actually got warnings from other SM artists after it came out you will come… It is scaring. We aren’t sure if we are allowed to talk to you.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll tell you when to stop talking,” Maria coolly answered, made the hosts laugh awkwardly, almost bowing down as juniors through they are the seniors; they don’t know how to behave around these girls.

“Is SM overprotective over you?” Defconn warmly wondered.

“Not at all.” The girls shook their heads. “When we first debuted, all of our seniors would take great care of us and give us a lot of advice to help us adapt in Korea and as a group, they helped us a lot.”

“They never told you to not speak to boy-groups or something…?” Hyungdon looked like he had something he wanted to say about that. “No warnings?”

“Ah, that, they did,” Maria remembered and glanced at her members, “Super Junior Senior tried some pick-up lines on us to see if European girls are different, and they also told us to contact them if any other boy-group wanted our cell phone number.”

Both of the hosts laughed at her mentioning pick-up lines but after commenting on that they ask if the girls actually did contact Super Junior when that happened.

“At first… maybe we did…” Carolina hesitated in her answer, not really remembered having any issues about that.

“But it was easier for us to talk to boy-groups,” Emelia mentioned, “girl-groups avoids us at first.”

“They did?”

“Yeah. So we became friends with the boys and exchanged numbers with a few while we didn’t get to talk to the girl-groups,” Emelia explained with the other ladies agreeing.

“Oh… Because of your charisma, I guess,” Defconn nodded, understanding why girl-groups avoided 5 Pieces.

Hyungdon looked on the board for the first member’s profile, continuing with the corner. “Maria,” he read her name; “… you’re really 172cm tall?”

“Yes,” Maria nodded and she smiled when the host got up on his feet to compare. The moment Maria stood up he sits back down like a puppy admitting he is the underdog; he felt short next to Maria before and it is no difference now. Maria smiled when he nodded and agreed on that her height is probably correct, avoiding looking at her.

“Your hobby is to watch dramas?” he asked and she nodded again. “What was the most recent drama you watched?”

“I’m watching an American-”

“A Korean one,” he interrupted her, his confidence once again coming back.

“…”

“No Korean drama?”

“I-”

“Then we cross over that,” Hyungdon was fast to say and he picked up a pen to cross her hobby of watching dramas.

“YA!” Maria shouted, standing up to warn him from using that pen and Hyungdon flinched back. “It is my hobby to watch dramas, don’t you dare change that.”

Quietly he putted down the pen, nodding until Hannah had sat down again and she looked upset for him interrupting her like that. He is older so normally he could get upset for her calling him ‘Ya’, but like Defconn said they have a fierceness that makes it hard to approach. Hyungdon looked at Defconn for him to continue, but Defconn shook his head and the two hosts tried to make the other one continue.

Defconn swallowed. “Let’s move on to Emelia…” he whispered, overdoing a shaky voice.

“I have some interesting nicknames that you seem to have missed to mention,” Maria commented coolly, the diva leader looked really cool with her posture when saying that.

“Oh, we’re deeply sorry,” Hyungdon was fast to apologize, acting it all out with a bow to Maria. It is just for fun they did this, overdoing their fear over the leader and Maria kept her posture even if she loved it and would want to just jump up and cheer over her awesomeness. “Your nicknames…” The hosts got quiet when reading through the nicknames Princess, Captain, Diva Leader, Pig (dwae ji), Long-Leg and Axiah.

“Half of those nicknames are what Maria came up with herself,” Emelia mentioned and the hosts looked surprised at them, asked with a laugh if Maria really made up the nicknames herself.

“I didn’t come up with them myself,” Maria rolled her eyes at what Emelia said and she then began explaining; “Nicknames like Princess and Captain are not just nicknames you make up, they are names following me wherever I am.” Hyungdon’s face-expression was changing as she boasted with her self-confidence. “It’s not like I can come up with a nickname and everyone uses it, right? So its nicknames my fans love to call me by, and I gladly keep their spirits up by using it too.”

“You got enough confidence for the whole team, you know that?” Hyungdon grimaced at her and Carolina nodded quietly in agreement.

“That’s why I’m the Diva Leader,” Maria grinned. “I got the confidence, height, body, voice, style… I got it all.”

Both hosts looked like their jaws had gotten stuck by Maria’s endless self-boasting and Emelia simply told them in a low voice that it isn’t anything to care about, and Hyungdon glanced down at his papers to change subject. “Oh, you are on We Got Married? Who is your husband?”

“Actor Kwon Hyunsuk,” Maria answered simply.

“Do you contact each other when not recording?” he asked, having an obvious this-can-be-a-scandal face-expression but his face drops when Maria naturally says they do. He gives another try; “You send cute text messages and call each other honey and those things?”

“No, not really”

“No cute icons or anything…?”

“I think it is an explanation needed here,” Hannah mentioned as the hosts and Maria couldn’t seem to understand each other. “Maria doesn’t text cutely, but she uses a lot of icons. A text from Maria can contain just icons…”

“So no cute-cute at all?”

“I’m not much of the cute girl. I got a natural charm,” Maria answered and the hosts chuckled when seeing Emelia bite her lip to not start smiling.

“Then Maria is on the show with a handsome actor, what is the other members’ reaction? Are they looking good together, any jealousy…?”

“Julia is very jealous,” Maria quickly answered instead of her members.

“But Julia was on the show already…” Defconn commented.

“It was fun,” Julia answered on the comment, “and their house is better than the one we had, I am jealous over that.”

“You are jealous because their house is better? Not because her husband is handsome? He is very popular these days.”

“He isn’t my type,” Julia smiled widely and Maria was actually nodding in agreement, the hosts asked why she is nodding; Carolina and Hannah both giggled at Julia’s answer.

“They know to keep a distance,” Maria coolly answered with a nod towards her left where the others were sitting.

“But…” Hyungdon said and looked at his cheat papers. “Kwon Hyunsuk acted in a drama with Hannah… Do you two stay in touch too?”

Hannah looked nervous to get the attention. “At times,” she murmured.

“Is there any jealousy between you two then…?” the hosts need some gossip but the girls shook their heads once again. “So you are all good friends and living in paradise and all that then?”

“Pretty much” / “Yes.”

“No weirdness with Hannah being in the middle as she is kind of like the one introducing you two to each other?”

“Ah,” Hannah remembered, and the members looked at her; maybe worried to what she remembered. “Maria has no patience, so if she sends a text to Hyunsuk and he doesn’t answer right away, she will send him several texts… If he still doesn’t answer, she will ask me why.”

“She does that to everyone though,” Emelia commented and the ladies all nod.

“No patience at all,” Carolina agreed.

“So… you girls are quite boring actually,” Defconn commented, “you really know how to avoid big headlines.”

“Ask us something challenging then,” Emelia dared them.

The hosts looked troubled by the dare, as they usually are really good to put idols in difficult situations on this program, always creating scandals and whatnot, but 5 Pieces knows how this industry works.

“It says here that 5 Pieces made Hyunsuk jealous when bringing SHINHWA’s Hyesung on the show?” Hyungdon commented, not knowing what else to do.

“Ah…”

“Ha-ha that was funny!”

“Maria loves SHINHWA”

The ladies were all laughing at the memory and the hosts asked them to explain. Maria opened ; “As a housewarming gift, Emelia brought with a big picture of SHINHWA’s Hyesung.”

“She did?”

“How did Hyunsuk react?” the two hosts laughed.

“He didn’t really like it, but we still keep it,” Maria answered with a nod. “It’s like having a special guest in the bedroom there all the time.”

Moving on, Hyungdon looked troubled, but he didn’t dare to change to the next member, “you can speak all these languages fluently?”

“No,” Maria answered and she stepped down from the chair with one foot to reach over with a finger pointing at the languages in her profile. “I can speak Swedish, Korean and English fluently, while Spanish and Japanese are just on a basic level. I can communicate on a simple level.”

“5 Pieces are really an international idol-group on all levels…” Defconn sounded impressed, “why do you speak so many languages to begin with?”

“All of us speak a few languages,” Maria answered before the others could open their mouths and she gave a glare towards Carolina when the mascot wanted to explain. “We all speak Swedish – that’s where we come from – and as a second language we learned English in school and have found it very useful since, then Korean is pretty easy to guess why… Then I personally learned Spanish in school, and now we are all learning Japanese for our promotions.”

“So not all of you speak these languages then?”

“It is a mix beside from the basic three,” Emelia answered before Carolina again got the chance and Hyungdon noticed how the two (Maria and Emelia) answered fast for Carolina to not answer. “Korean, English and Swedish are the three languages all five of us know; basic three.”

“Continuing on Carolina’s profile we can see what languages she speaks,” Hyungdon said and removed Maria’s profile to get to the rapper, and they went straight to see what languages she speaks. “Wow! You speak all these?!”

“Emelia knows the most languages of us,” Maria answered proudly and Emelia nodded in agreement.

“Julia and I learnt Chinese and German in school,” Emelia explained, “and I’m pretty fluent in Japanese.”

“Oh…” Hyungdon looked at his co-host, “I’m not sure if I dare to say anything about this with her eyes looking at me like that…”

Defconn gave the thumbs up and told Emelia she is amazing, before they move on to the rest of her profile. “Wait… All of you are born in ä92, but Emelia is born in March and Maria in June? Why isn’t the oldest the leader?”

“That’s easy; I’m leader-quality and she’s not,” Maria’s confidence returned to the screen and the hosts didn’t really dare to say a comment about just that. Emelia helped them out;

“When we first formed the group, Maria automatically became the leader because no one else was interested. And as you said; she has enough confidence for all of us.”

Hannah was smiling, because that wasn’t really true but it is for entertainment so she was just sitting furthest away and smiling at them.

“The Charismatic Rapper,” Hyungdon read out and then pointed at a nickname, “Why are you called Cookie?”

“I love cookies,” Emelia coolly answered and the host seemed to space out a bit at the simple answer. Is that an explanation?

“In our reality show, Emelia used to hide cookies all the time,” Julia explained for them, “She would steal cookies, hide cookies, she would have them in her pocket during performances because our managers are very strict and they throw away the cookies… So we got a lot of problem because it would be crumbles in her pockets.”

“You really hid cookies on stage?”

“Not anymore, I used to do that a long time ago,” Emelia coolly answered, “Now I have found better ways to hide cookies.”

“How do you hide cookies then?” both of the hosts wanted to know, making the girls laugh as they really seemed interested in it.

“I hide it in another members’ stuff, the one they never look in.”

“Our managers have these sensors in their bodies that out of nowhere they know when we have some food in our bags,” Carolina began explaining, “but it is some members who always have food, while others don’t.”

“Emelia is the one who always have food then?” Defconn asked and pointed at her.

She shook her head. “Maria and Carolina brings food with them, I just sneak around with cookies.”

“Maria even has a spoon in her bag just in case she will find something to eat,” Hannah added and the hosts laughed, though Hyungdon raised his hand to high-five Maria; as he said he does that too.

“You never know when there is a chance to eat,” Maria agreed with him.

“So Julia and Hannah are the two victims you hide your cookies and food in?” Hyungdon continued.

“Mostly Julia,” Emelia nodded and Hannah was actually nodding with her.

“And then I forget my bag in the car so Emelia can’t eat them either way,” Julia smiled and the hosts laughed, liking the idea of how the girls fool around with each other.

“Then isn’t it easier to hide it in Hannah’s bag then?” Defconn suggested, because Julia leaved her bag in the car.

“That kid has a lot of things in her bag,” Emelia answered, “My cookies would be ruined.”

“What’s the difference in their bags then?” Hyungdon wondered, “Don’t girls usually have make-up? Like lip-gloss and that…”

“Hannah brings her laptop with her, and books and things to write in and she has napkins and … really, as bunch of things,” Maria answered.

“Not all the time,” Hannah whispered shyly.

“What did you bring today?”

“Um…” Hannah looked at her members.

“She didn’t bring her laptop with her,” Maria saved her lightly. “But I think our managers will start looking through all of our bags because now they know…”

They joke and laugh when pointed at the manager standing among the staff, and they moved on to the third member’s profile.

“I have a lot of nicknames,” Carolina happily said when seeing it.

“Is it the members who came up with this one? The Weirdo…?” Defconn wondered and looked at her.

“Probably,” Maria nodded, looking focused when she looked at Carolina’s profile, a leg crossed over the other and her arms crossed over her long legs.

“Our fans call her that too, so we’re not sure,” Julia nodded in agreement.

“It is a good nickname actually,” Carolina stayed positive, “A lot of fans can connect with me because they recognize themselves in me.”

“I doubt that,” Maria muttered and pointed at another nickname, “That one doesn’t exist.”

“It does exist,” Carolina pouted, “Fashionista of the team; that is me.”

“Since when?” Emelia didn’t agree on it either and the hosts were once again not sure if they could say something.

“Julia said I got a good fashion,” Carolina answered.

“You wanted me to compare you and our manager – what was I supposed to say?” Julia defended herself and the hosts now laughed at them.

“Carolina, do you see yourself as the fashionista of 5 Pieces?”

“Yes!”

“How?!” Maria didn’t get it.

“I got style…”

“If one of us got a style, it gotto be me,” Maria said with her diva hand out.

“So… who is the actual fashionista of 5 Pieces? If you all close your eyes, we can do a vote. Close them,” Hyungdon said and he waited until they do so. “If you think Carolina is the fashionista of 5 Pieces, put your hand up.”

Silence…

The hosts gave a laugh and said they could open their eyes, but the camera didn’t show how many put their hands up. “Carolina, you are not the fashionista.” They showed a replay to reveal that the only person putting her hand up in the air was Carolina sitting in the middle.

“No one voted for me?!” Carolina pouts loudly, turning towards Julia and Hannah as she knows the other two wouldn’t do it. Hannah hided herself a little behind Julia who shrugged her shoulders, Carolina kept pouting when sitting back down as Hyungdon crossed over that nickname.

“Okay now…” Defconn cleared his throat, wanting to continue, “Carolina is the hidden producer in 5 Pieces?”

“She’s not,” Emelia shook her head.

“Didn’t one of you produce in your latest album?”

Emelia put her hand up. “I produced the song [WHO-I AM] along with the producer Jo Insuk,” she told.

“So Carolina isn’t a producer either?”

“Not yet,” Carolina was smiling softly, “I am writing songs.”

“She’s really good,” Hannah nodded in agreement and Carolina’s smile widened.

“But Hannah wrote [I CRY] too… So she is a good song-writer,” the hosts mentioned.

“Carolina is better,” Hannah pouted for their mascot.

“We can’t show the best at first, which is why Carolina yet hasn’t showed all her amazing skills yet,” Maria explained, surprising the hosts by standing up for the weirdo. “She is more known as our promoter – the popular one on radio shows.”

“Oh… When will we get to hear Carolina’s songs then?”

“You never know,” Carolina was shining when saying that.

“Next on the list… your hobby is drawing?”

“TOTALLY Amazing!” Maria was fast to say with her hands up, “just to warn you; she will amaze.”

Carolina was smiling, knowing she is good at that.

“She drew our faces on our concert-shirts last year,” Julia added when the ladies boasted a bit and Carolina added “manga-style”.

“Could you draw us two?” Defconn wondered and pointed at himself and Hyungdon.

“Sure.”

Hyungdon stepped up to go over to the staff to get a paper and pen.

 

The episode ended with that, but a teaser for next week begins to show. ‘Next week: Carolina’s dazzling drawing of the hosts will be revealed (you do not want to miss), and we will go through more profiles and figure out how a conversation can normally sound like in multi-language 5 Pieces’ way. And a special visit by 5 Pieces’ favourite boys!’

 

COMMENTS:

- “Random Dance was hilarious xD Maria really show off her humour this time, it’s great to see!”

- “5 Pieces are a challenge wherever they go, so fun to watch! On Running Man they overtook the whole show and now on Weekly Idol they terrify the hosts with their personalities… It would be so cool to actually meet them O_O”

- “I spot many couple moments…………………………………………………… *looks through for a fourth time* DEFINITELY”

- 5 Pieces had me laughing so hard that my stomach is hurting!”

- “Can’t wait for the next episode”

- “Maria is the fierce leader! Oooooh it was so great each time she spoke, everything about her was just O_O So cool! Emelia was just silly all the time xD She can’t think Puzzle will be fooled by her act of being charismatic when we all know she is the ”

- “They really are an international group… ”

- “Where did Maria’s overconfidence come from? XD She is hilarious”

- “Why are they always against Carolina? =( It was fun how she turned to Julia and Hannah when they voted, and we all know Hannah wants to be on everyone’s side… But she just couldn’t vote for her as the fashionista… Carolina, you are so fun!”

- “5 Pieces looks so hot. They should be more on shows like this with all members, they are looking great and they surely know how to be entertaining. The hosts were so impressed because their other idol guests don’t know how the entertainment industry works, but 5 Pieces do ;)”

- “OMG I think it is the first time EVER the ladies have spoken well of Carolina O_O They looked so proudly talking about Carolina producing music and drawing… Can’t wait to see the result next week! We all know Carolina is awesome at drawing, right?!!!”

- “Maria stole the show today, she was just the best entertainer and I love how the hosts works together with them. Hyungdon is close to the members, isn’t he? Maria is a y diva~~”

- “One of a kind, no one can entertain like 5 Pieces”

- “NEXT WEEK PREVIEW Who are 5 Pieces’ favourite boys??? Could it be EXO???? Is it SHINee? O_O I want to know! A Whole Week I Have To Wait For It!!! xD Puzzle Wants 5 Pieces 4Ever~”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 24th: Weekly IDOL Airs First Episode Feature 5 Pieces With High Ratings

Headline 24th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Explains The Nickname Cookie

Headline 24th: Hilarious Weekly IDOL Feature 5 Pieces You Don’t Want To Miss

Headline 24th: 5 Pieces Talks About Kwon Hyunsuk, Nicknames, Multi-Language & More On Weekly IDOL

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias

 

I have updated on the INFO Corner! ^^, Learn more Fun Facts about the five different members.  Please check it out here;

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/514256/5-pieces-info-corner-kpop-fictional-information