Chapter 30

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

The concert in Bangkok goes well, both the rehearsals and the actual concert. Hannah doesn’t really talk much to Jonghyun, and neither does he seem interested in starting the conversation about what they talked about before, though he does keep an eye on her. She doesn’t know what to say, she doesn’t know what to think, so when getting the chance she did tell Emelia – the only member knowing something was up – and Emelia doesn’t seem to like that Julia goes around talking about that Hannah thought she was pregnant. In the wrong ears, it can turn their world’s up-side-down.

Hannah isn’t there when Emelia scolds Julia for talking openly about that, and neither does Julia approach Hannah to bring it up, which Hannah is happy over as she is looking around after Jonghyun at that time. Emelia told Hannah to not talk to him; since they keep fighting maybe it is good if they just don’t talk, as even on the days they can’t meet they are texting and calling and sending pictures almost nonstop. But even if Hannah tries to find an opportunity to at least explain herself a little more – noticing her boyfriend is deeply upset – she doesn’t get the chance to talk to him because after the concert everyone is getting ready to go back to Korea.

At the airport they are standing a bit away from the fans (still visible from the hawk-eyes) to wait to board the plane. Hannah is standing with her right shoulder and back against the fans, leaning her other shoulder against a pillar and listening to music on her earphones; also playing a boring bowling game she has on her phone.

In the middle of her gaming, she sees someone step up to her in a funny way, and when glancing up she smiles as it is Taemin walking up to her, playfully hitting the air in a try to pretend he is a boxer or something.

“Oh, the lion can smile,” Taemin jokes with her because she hasn’t exactly been smiling for herself when standing there and Hannah has paused her music now. She grimaces hearing his joke but Taemin continues to playfully hit her on the arm, move his head back and forth in a horrible try to move like a boxer. “Can you hit me? Can you see me? I’m fast, I’m fast like the wind,” he is telling while lightly hitting her arm and moving like that.

“Stop, you can’t do that,” Hannah laughs and pushes him lightly on the arm for him to stop. Taemin does take a step back. He seems tired but is in a good mood. He doesn’t stop being his back a little to playfully hit the air, and Hannah is just smiling at him because she sees something he doesn’t – Kai jogging up behind him. Taemin gets a surprise when someone hugs him from behind – if it is a hug or just Kai trying to make him stop moving weirdly, Hannah doesn’t see a difference – but she still laughs at them because the moment Taemin finds out who it is hugging him from behind, he starts to try jumping with the tall friend on his back.

“Is he disturbing you?” Kai asks Hannah in a try to sound like some kind of bodyguard.

“I think he is threatening me,” Hannah follows along to the joke, laughing when Taemin almost falls apart from laughing (and from the obviously heavy friend of his) and the fans are just freaking out like insane people a little further away. Hannah hides behind her hand when she laughs at them, having to sit down on her heels because she is in need to use the bathroom but Maria hasn’t come yet so she is waiting for her friend before she will go. She just shakes her head laughing when Taemin asks her to take the heavy bear off his back; the heavy bear is Kai.

“Your mommy is watching,” Hannah giggles in a low voice to just those two to hear, and they all look over at Suho who is giving some disliking looks. And Kai gets down from Taemin to stop making a scene.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 16th: 5 Pieces Poses In Popular Japanese Magazine To Promote [Run Out]

Headline 16th: Thailand Media Says 5 Pieces Is Of A Different League Than K-Pop

Headline 16th: FT Island’s Seunghyun Is A Tough Poser Next To 5 Pieces’ Emelia

Headline 16th: Hyunsuk & Maria Celebrates 100 Days In Latest ‘We Got Married’ Episode

Headline 16th: Maria Shares Backstage Pictures From Thailand On Instagram

 

Headline 17th: Maria Keeps Fans Updated With A Instagram Picture From Tour Practice

 

Headline 18th: ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Gets Third On Korea’s Best Book Of The Week

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces Is Counting Down D-10 Through Pictures

 

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Looks Stunning In New Japanese Magazine

Headline 19th: Emelia Reveals In Magazine That 5 Pieces Has Looked Forward To Japanese Activities

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Counts Down D-9 Along With Fans

 

Headline 20th: Japan Counts Down With 5 Pieces For Upcoming Japan Tour – D-8

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces Sends Crazy Congratulation Messages To SHINee For Their 4th Win On ‘Show Champion’

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

A small camera is shaking when Maria puts it on and turns it around in her hand, holding it up high to film her best side. She has her hair pulled back for a tight bun, her face free from make-up and she gives out a clearly overdoing smile first when making sure she comes out well.

“It is over midnight. 5 Pieces is still practicing, but we have taken a break to watch the response online because … today, dear lovely dears, is the day 5 Pieces’ first Japanese album is released. The songs have come out online now after midnight, and we have our laptop genius Emelia reading out the response. The internet is so slow, but … yeah, we have read it all,” Maria is saying in low English, putting out her unique way to pronounce and her way to talk overall. The diva Maria

She is just looking at how she looks in the camera, checking her chin without knowing what else to say. She continues in English once more;

“Yeah, so we are soon going to the apartment to sleep and then get up to promote the album. So exciting! 5 Pieces will perform [Run Out] LIVE for the first time! Excited? I’m excited! Are you excited?”

“I’m excited!” Hannah calls out in Japanese somewhere in the background, and Maria shouts out it too before she laughs and the whole camera is shaking again when she turns it off. She will upload it on their blog and YouTube, writing ‘Maria Is Excited! Album Release

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

¤¤¤ Headline 21st: 5 Pieces First Japanese Album [Run Out] RELEASED! ¤¤¤

 

Foreign girl-group 5 Pieces is putting their mark in Japan with their first full-length Japanese album named [Run Out]. The title song with the same name had the PV released earlier this month and it is receiving a lot of attention from being out of the ordinary. 5 Pieces have already gotten a lot of attention in Japan through their previous three Japanese singles, and their agency in Japan – Avex Rhythm Zone – have been speaking well of the girl-group all from their hard work to learn the language to their hard work to add a difference flavour in their image to the album.

A representative talked about 5 Pieces’ working on the album and the Japan Arena Tour in an interview about the album release;

“All five members are very talented and they have their own ideas with that they want to add, and their ideas are really good. They know what their audience wants and together we have all worked to get this album done in time for the Arena Tour where 5 Pieces will for the first time have a concert in Japanese and also perform these new songs for the first time. They have worked extremely hard for both the album and the tour, and they are excited and nervous for the response and to get to meet their fans all around Japan. You can expect a lot of different styles in the album, and hopefully be able to see varies of charms that belongs to 5 Pieces.”

The release of the album is ahead of 5 Pieces’ upcoming Japan Arena Tour that is starting next week in Tokyo and will continue for two months with 13 concerts in six cities around Japan: all concerts being sold out already! To promote the album even more, Maria has uploaded a picture of it on Instagram and Hannah has been calling out in Japanese on twitter, and we can not forget the cute short video Maria uploaded from the practice room; as if the name ‘5 Pieces’ doesn’t sell enough already. Or maybe the girls are just as excited as their fans to shout out to the world to show the result in their hard work.

For fans that are curious about the tracks in 5 Pieces’ new album, here comes some info about the track list:

 

  1. Intro – Bad Girls (1:23)
  2. Run Out “アウト実行” (3:27, pop)
  3. You Said a Lie “あなたが言った嘘” (3:49, dance pop)
  4. 090 (3:34, R&B ballad)
  5. No Matter What “何ノーマター” (4:56, hip hop/pop)
  6. Life, Life, Life “ライフ, ライフ, ライフ” (4:05, ballad)
  7. What Is This? “これは何ですか?” (3:45)
  8. Let Me Love (3:04, dance R&B)
  9. Sleeper “スリーパー” (3:17 3rd Single)
  10. I Love You (3:34, 1st Single)
  11. Moon Child “ムーンチャイルド (3:39, 2nd Single)
  12. Once Upon A Time (3:36, 2nd Single)

 

The album contains 12 tracks, where four are from 5 Pieces previous singles in Japan. All from beautiful ballads to dance tracks to beat-boxing and hip hop, 5 Pieces is showing a big wide style in the album; being able to reveal a lot of their different charms through each song and hopefully bring in a big audience in Japan with their different image compared to other groups.

The pictures from the album as well as the overall concept is the usual charismatic 5 Pieces that the world is known to see them as, but with a small addition with y. 5 Pieces’ version of y does not include super short skirts or provocative choreography, instead the group focuses on their voices and edge in their choreography, being y in a classy and controlling way. Fans have high hopes for the Arena Tour, where 5 Pieces will be ‘Bad Girls’.

Who wouldn’t imagine 5 Pieces as their sweet girl or beautiful girlfriend after the y and flirty [Run Out]?

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

“Are you breathing?”

Hannah turns to look on her right at the girl sitting next to her. Julia’s short hair has gotten a lot of attention recently, fans seem to like her tomboy style a lot, but right in this moment she looks more like a tiny little girl with that hair just because she looks at Hannah with round eyes getting that question.

“I think I am breathing,” Julia answers and puts her hand on her chest, taking some breaths to check if she actually is breathing. Hannah smiles and copies her friend, happy that none of them is about to faint from holding their breath.

It’s been days since Hannah talked to Jonghyun. She has never watched her cell phone this much before, not receiving a text or a call, but at the same time it means she has used twitter more. {I got so much chocolate on Valentines, but half of it is gone now… I sense my roomie has taken some from me!}, {Ryo keeps sleeping in my bed! How could such a small puppy take so much space???}, {I want to get to the stage for the tour, looking forward to the Arena Tour. Anyone else? =)} and also {why does many of you ask me which team I belong to?? Three Musketeers or Trio? I don’t know who they are! xD I’ll make my own team – SOLO-Han Team is Born!} are just the beginning of Hannah’s tweets since they were in Bangkok, and today she is tweeting something differently; {finally the release of the album. 5 Pieces’ [Run Out] Japanese Album is now available and we are spending the whole day outside the practice room} and {I’m so nervous about today, everyone outside who are following our schedule in Tokyo are AWESOME!}. Today, 5 Pieces album is released and the group has been promoting since early morning. On the schedule it is five TV performances of [Run Out], only two of those appearances where the group does an interview too and then it is about seven interviews with magazines (some includes pictures quickly taken within a few seconds by a wall) and then for TV with the group introducing the album.

The reason Hannah asked her friend if she is breathing after half the day of activities is because half the day passed before the ladies was asked by the man interviewing them what they thinks of having their album being sold out within a few hours since its release (which is huge!), and just the fact that 5 Pieces had no idea the album had been sold out must be really fun to see when it airs. Now when the girls are waiting for the next schedule and trying to sink in everything going on, they are also going online to watch what is going on. Headline after headline is written online about the album, media is crowding after 5 Pieces in Tokyo and fans are following their each step. Being stuck in the practice room practicing for the Arena Tour have kind of made the ladies forget that they already have a name in Japan, and that they aren’t starting from scratch. A crazy and wild response over their first album and it is just the first day; it makes them all rethink of who 5 Pieces actually is.

“Ladies, six minutes for show,” Manager Song informs.

Hannah takes a deep breath, quickly taking another one to mentally prepare herself for another performance of [Run Out]. She is all nervous. The response for their [Run Out] performances so far has been good; today was their first time performing it live. Performing in Japan is different from Korea, but so far it is going well and it is good to have a lot of people around you that speaks Japanese and Korean so if the ladies can’t understand the Japanese they hopefully understands the Korean.

Hannah is still struggling with her solo performance [I CRY] for the concert, still not able to decide how to perform it, but today, all focus is on the album and their activities in Japan. The girls started off the day completely nervous, Hannah even stuttering during the first two interviews, but as the day continued the schedule have gone easier too. Maria had been sick when they were in Bangkok, but the day after she was much better and no one has gotten sick since, and Maria is actually very excited and doing extremely well whenever she is speaking Japanese (no one else has gotten sick, luckily). It feels like Maria has been learning secretly, not showing it unless it is in front of the cameras for a broadcast – especially today – because whenever they go backstage or changes location and she is speaking Japanese she isn’t doing it as well as she did during the recording. Singing is easier; because that is something they have practiced for weeks already, knowing what lines it is and how to pronounce and it is completely much easier than if you are learning lines for an acting role in a strange language. Hannah thinks so; music is easier to learn.

“Ladies!” Maria shouts out – she has learnt the word in Japanese now – when they are getting ready for the stage, and with Maria putting her hand out the other members hurries up to put their on top of hers and the group is standing in a circle, eyes glancing from one to another. “We have all done well today and we have more to challenge, which I know we can take on. So… no matter who is crying in the audience or tells us that we are the most awesome ladies in the universe, take it to heart and make it let us work harder to not fail them and us. Ladies, I love this, so let’s do it!”

“Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go – 5 Pieces!” they all cheers and throws their hands up before hurrying to the stage.

Hannah thought she could feel their hands shaking just as much as hers, and she just smiles by it because it shows that they are all having the same feelings for this live performance as they had felt for the whole day. She pretends not to hear Maria complain over Carolina’s sweaty hand (Carolina’s hand had been on top of Maria’s during the cheer) when they are getting to the stage. They make sure the microphone headsets works and are like they should before 5 Pieces get up on the stage, waiting for the live show to introduce them. The ladies take their positions, making sure they stand where they should; Hannah in the middle, at the front, nervously shaking her hands and taking deep breaths. She looks over her shoulder, turning her whole upper body in hope to look at her members getting ready behind her before she looks at the front, smiling at the audience that has stopped focusing on the MCs talking and instead are focusing on the stage next too where 5 Pieces are waiting in the dark. The stage isn’t big at all, but the girls have been practicing to dance close to each other for [Run Out] as they are well aware of that some stages can be enormous while others can be tiny, but as long as they have enough space to stand in a line and a row with some space between each other, the stage will be big enough for them. Like this stage is, even if it is very small.

“A special performance to end this early evening’s show; today’s most talked about idol group is here to perform their latest song and inform all viewers that their first Japanese album has been released and is now in store,” the MC introduces while holding 5 Pieces’ album in his hand. “Please welcome, 5 Pieces with [Run Out]!”

All of them that have been talking and being filmed on the show’s actual stage turns their focus to where 5 Pieces is standing next too, the lights turns on for the cameras to film the girl-group standing ready as the music starts to play. 5 Pieces is professional, they are ready with their idol masks, the masks they have when performing and when being the charismatic Pieces. Hannah keeps her face-expression straight when they start to simply dance in the beginning, Emelia heard in the back saying *TURN MY HEART ON*, and close after Hannah starts off singing the first verse, able to dance since she doesn’t hold a microphone in her hand;

[Hannah] *Every time you open your eyes

Hope fills your heart

And you get out of your mind*

 

[Carolina] *Every day you get up from beeed

With hopes I might come

YOU WANNA SEE ME AGAIN*

 

[Julia] *Lost in the memories

Can I hold your hand and be your guide?*

 

[Hannah] *Clouds fill the sky,

Stars get blocked from your sight

Capture my heart again,

I’ll do my best to not run away*

Hannah does some nice hand movements during her first and second line, hip moving along to the beat along with the other members moving behind her as she has the lead position again. This song probably fits them well with the concept, at least in the viewers eyes, because Hannah has this mysterious and flirty way to look at the cameras when singing, as if she is telling the words she is singing through her eyes and she is moving well for the y concept though she is aware of to not overdo it. Her voice gets higher at the very last word and right after that, the chorus starts and the ladies all dances in this charismatic y way they have been taught, in synch even if it is not the easiest choreography. The first two lines of the chorus are connected with similar repeats in the choreography while for the same line where Emelia says her thing afterwards, the girls hit their hip first to the left and then to the right. Hannah is in the centre during the whole chorus. The ladies had at first some trouble with the song having both light and low voices; light voices is more Maria’s style than the whole group, so they did practice a lot vocally for this song; and the result is great.

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*You might think I am your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

Either way we, should not RUN OUT ([Emelia] TURN MY HEART ON)

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Maria] Somebody told me,

I’m too good to be true

[Hannah] My guilty playfulness is going my way

I’m not going to stay, baby we are floating on air

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Hannah] Either way I, should not RUN OUT on you now*

In the middle of the chorus when it is Maria’s turn, she just takes a few steps forward to get a little at the front though Hannah still has the middle position, and the whole group leans a little to the side (Hannah leans to her right) with their hands making a hand move by their faces before being put by their mouths, a second-long pause in the music as they breath in as if there is this surprising thing they have been told as what Maria sings, and Hannah just loves doing that because with the headset she can use both hands with her fingers spread out nicely and big eyes as if she really got a surprise (just like they all have practiced, all from how much they spread their fingers to where their toes are pointing have been taught for the choreography) and she smiles when Maria sings her next line before Hannah starts to sing hers with the words ‘my way’, ‘stay’ and ‘on air’ she uses a higher voice to fit the melody. The dance for Hannah’s part is one of the popular parts of the song; the girls are pumping their bodies with fists hitting up and down from chest to stomach, it is a powerful yet y move, and at every part Hannah sings higher they all are making a crazy circle with their hip and chest to flaunt S-lines in a very charismatic way rather than the sooth y girl-group way – which is why it is to much talk about it. It is y and tough; the image 5 Pieces is looking for.

The last line of the chorus is also sung by Hannah, a little softer than the rest of the chorus and she is easily just stepping with her hip and shoulder going left to right; y. Quickly she moves to the side after the chorus for Emelia’s turn, swiftly dancing with the whole group together. When Emelia sings the second line, the ladies put their arms around them as if there is an invisible guy hugging them from behind, and Hannah turns her head a little to her shoulder as if her fingers are travelling there in the move.

[Emelia] *Picture it whatever I say,

I wrap my arms around you for real

BOY YOU ARE MY TEMPORARY GUY*

 

[Hannah] *It is getting cold outside,

Wrap your arms around me

And stay by my side*

The girl took a long step to take Emelia’s spot for her part that came after, doing almost the same choreography when singing ‘wrap your arms around me’ and when Hannah’s short part is over she steps back for Maria to take the next part. The girls are singing well live, even if it is in Japanese, and they seem to be doing really well because everyone that are seen looking are not distracted by anything else and they just keep watching the performance with the loud music, live singing and black-dressed five Swedish girls who manages to add a small iness in their charisma.

[Maria] *Clouds fill the sky,

Stars get blocked from your sight

Capture my heart again,

I’ll do my best to not run away*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*You might think I am your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

Either way we, should not RUN OUT ([Emelia] TURN MY HEART ON)

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Hannah] Somebody told me,

I’m too good to be true

[Carolina] My guilty playfulness is going my way

I’m not going to stay, baby we are floating on air

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Emelia] Either way I, should not RUN OUT on you now*

This time it is Carolina who is at the front during the chorus. Hannah steps up on the side for her short part, that she has so trouble to sing honestly because … honestly, she sings ‘I’m too good to be true’ and it is so weird to sing that though it is for a song. She does it well though, like all the other members are doing and as they have practiced.

The part coming next is like a final between the final two choruses, and Hannah’s voice is light, dancing at the centre with her hands and arms before letting her hands go up to her heart, turning around for Maria to sing in a light voice. Maria always sounds so good when she sings on stage. And the chorus begins anew, Hannah again is in the centre.

[Hannah] *My cold heart warms up by your love

[Maria] So it goes insane! I don’t’ know why it leaves a spark

You might think I am your*

 

[CHORUS, 5 Pieces]

*You might think I cam your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

Either way we, should not RUN OUT ([Emelia] TURN MY HEART ON)

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Maria] Somebody told me,

I’m too good to be true

[Hannah] My guilty playfulness is going my way

I’m not going to stay, baby we are floating on air

I could be your sweet girl,

Or your beautiful girlfriend

[Hannah] Either way I, should not RUN OUT on you now

Either way I, should not RUN OUT on you now…*

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

“Are you ready?” Carolina cheers in Japanese, pushing her hands on Julia’s shoulders, wearing a pink dressing gown on top of her pyjama shorts and tank top.

“Are you ready?!” Julia repeats with a laugh, pushing her own hands on Carolina’s shoulder to show how uncomfortable it is.

Hannah is laughing under her blanket at them, the two friends going crazy while waiting for the popcorn to get done.

The girls have come home today after a full day practice and the last hour spent performing [Run Out] on a live show, and to end the day they decided to watch a late movie in hope that will put their minds off this sleep-practice-promote-sleep-practice-promote schedule. The movie chosen to see is ‘The Last Song’ with Miley Cyrus: Like most of the time it was Maria who chose the movie, but Carolina thought it would be a good movie so with Hannah also agreeing on it the other two members had no choice but to agree on it. Emelia pretends to be sleeping now, lying in the sofa and hugging Michin, forcing him to lie in her arms instead of running up to jump by Carolina and Julia’s restlessly moving feet. While waiting for all the members to come sit down in the living-room so they can start watch the movie, Hannah has been sitting by her laptop. She has looked through videos on the internet; watching her own solo appearances where she performed on Strong Heart in January, where she performed on radio with Jonghyun last week, her solo performance from their concert DVD that fans have sneaked up from the DVD up online… She looks through the comments of them all to see what the fans like about her appearances, to get inspiration, and she started off this whole search by looking through her past performances of [I CRY] since that is the song she is having problem with now.

“Stop sighing.”

Hannah looks up with a pout when Maria comes to take a seat, holding Ace in her arms. The group has been on clouds over the great response over their album that was released yesterday, but it puts them on a bigger pressure to do better. They have less than a week left before the Arena Tour starts and each member has so much to think of; to exceed too. Hannah still has not made a decision of how to perform [I CRY], and it is filling up her head like a bomb ticking to explode. They have counted down today as D-6 for the concert, and tomorrow Hannah really has to make up her mind about the song; she is becoming a mess because of that song. She doesn’t even notice that the movie is starting for being so deep in her thoughts. No one seems to notice her; Maria is busy telling the members how Miley Cyrus really does great acting in this movie and Emelia is making a snoring sound to show how she isn’t interested.

She hasn’t talked to Jonghyun, though she can barely sleep because of that. She has thought of texting Taemin to know how SHINee is doing in Korea, but she thinks it will be too obvious. She tries to think of other things, which actually isn’t so difficult if you say all the things she has in mind, but she still misses having Jonghyun to talk about these things to.

The little brother of Hannah’s – Kyung Ho – has been filming for a movie this month, his first one, and she only keeps an update through the cell phone and internet. He seems to be doing well at the filming. he has his acting teacher there with him and his teacher in school comes often too; he only films after school hours because he is so young and it is really good that he doesn’t have the biggest part in the movie though it still makes him very tired so Hannah makes sure to someway or another contact him each day to let him know that it is okay to say to the director when he is tired. He is eight years old, of course he shouldn’t work but now since he is working, he shouldn’t overdo it. No matter what she says, Hannah is worried for him. Every day in Japan she is worried he will need her, and she won’t be around, though she all this time has told him that he can always talk to her if he needs to. So far it seems like everything is okay, but the boy is young and she doesn’t like the idea of that he might want to talk to her when she is busy doing other things. Kyung Ho doesn’t lean to his family, so she feels she has a need to be with him. But Maria is going to Seoul tomorrow, to go on Super Show with her sisters (oh my, time pass so fast, it feels like weeks left for the show but now just a day left), so she did tell Hannah earlier today that she will meet Kyung Ho briefly to see how he is doing – to ease Hannah’s worry. It is good that the members love him too, and that Kyung Ho likes the girls.

Out of nowhere a foot is put by Hannah’s face, and the girl screams out, sitting up straight in the sofa and starting to whine at Maria while pushing away the foot.

“You aren’t even looking at the TV!” Maria is complaining at her, though she can’t hide her laugh from Hannah’s funny reaction.

“I have seen it already,” Hannah whines and hits Maria on the arm before getting up; upset taking her blanket and laptop with her in to her room.

“Hannah, I was just kidding with you!” Maria calls behind her, sighing at the sensitive youngest. Emelia tells her simply to not care about it; knowing Hannah right, she will forget it soon. Hannah has been too sensitive this week, mostly because of Jonghyun.

Hannah turns her laptop off, putting it on the side while sitting down on her bed with a pout. She gives out a sound when falling down to lie down, sighing for herself. She feels like everything is going bad, though the album is topping most charts and it isn’t just in Japan but other countries too, it feels like she is missing a lot of things. Her solo isn’t getting anywhere and just thinking about it she wants to cry. [I CRY] has been voted as the song that will not die out even after ten years, winning of SNSD’s [Gee] and PSY’s [Gangnam Style]. People are calling it ‘the Korean [Beautiful]’, which is a song sung by Christina Aguilera. How much pressure doesn’t that give Hannah? She is kind of okay with the pressure people are giving 5 Pieces, because there she shares it with four other girls, and that is what she wants to do, but for [I CRY] it feels like her whole heart is receiving attention just because she wrote that song and she cried when writing it.

While preparing for the arena tour, the closer it gets, the more Hannah is reminded of how she went to Japan alone four years ago. She cried so much at that time, when she alone spent months in Japan without having anyone to talk to. She barely spoke either Korean or Japan at that time, so communicating with both her managers and the staff felt impossible because there wasn’t always a translator coming with them. Though she was surrounded by nice and understanding people, it is probably the loneliest time in her life, and being in Japan now, preparing for a full arena tour with 5 Pieces, she just wants to hug them all and say that she has done it. Four years ago, Hannah was always asked when 5 Pieces would release something in Japan and Hannah always said that their fans will have to wait a little more; she even gave the promise of that 5 Pieces will have a tour in Japan. And they are fulfilling it now.

“Hannah! Your phone is ringing!” Carolina shouts loudly from the living-room, and as if she gets an electric shock through her body, Hannah runs up from her bed. Hearing the signal, she knows who is calling. She has this amazing thing that she can have different ringtones depending on who is calling, and she knows this ringtone all too well.

“Oh, is it your lover-boy?” Julia is teasing when seeing how Hannah rushes to take the cell phone from the kitchen table, ignoring the comment and also ignoring Carolina singing along to the song.

Hannah answers when heading back to her room, covering her other ear to not hear her members. Emelia is the only member not teasing her, and Maria just tells Hannah to not be on the phone for too long and come join them to watch the movie instead.

“Hello?” she answers the phone, her voice shaking and she takes a soundless breath to calm herself, her whole heart shaking in her chest.

I’m angry at you,” the voice on the other end answers in a low voice, and Hannah actually feels so good hearing his voice. She turns around to close the door in to her room, but waits so Ryo can come inside too as he had followed her from the living-room as she had been running indoors.

“You should be,” Hannah breathes out, biting her lip to not sound too happy to hear his voice. She walks over to sit on the bed, patting the spot next to her for Ryo to know he can jump up. He looks so cute when stepping on the books she has piled up for him so he can have like a stair up to the bed. She caresses his soft fur while waiting to hear the voice again.

You haven’t called, you haven’t texted. How much time do you need to think before you can talk to me again? I have waited and waited for it, but nothing,” Jonghyun is speeding up the words, deeply upset. “And then Kyung Ho says you are calling and texting him several times a day?

“You have talked to Kyung Ho?” Hannah asks, surprised and happy, her heart skipping a beat.

I’m not calling to talk about him! I’m calling to talk about us!

“I’m sorry, okay? I wanted to call and I wanted to text, but…”

But what, Hannah? You got enough time to contact Kyung Ho but not me, or did you want more time to think? I can hung up if you want-

“No, no! Jonghyun, stop, I said I’m sorry. But I did need time to think,” Hannah sighs, not knowing that her members can hear her voice getting a little louder though they have no idea of what she says.

You regret telling me what you told me, don’t you? You reveal something you have tried to deny and you regret it so your only way was to escape from it,” Jonghyun tells her.

“I don’t regret what I told you,” Hannah whines, “Are you going to let me talk or are you too upset for that?”

Hell yeah I’m upset! You haven’t talked to me for almost a week now and if you now did feel like you said you feel, it would have been feeling just as horrible for you as it has been for me. But you seem like you want to think even more without talking to me!

“Shut up and listen to me then!” Hannah bursts out. She gets quiet after saying that, surprised at her own words and she doesn’t want him to hang up. It gets quiet on the line. “Jonghyun? …”

Talk then,” he mutters.

Hannah breathes, moving to sit tailor in her bed, still caressing Ryo who is comfortably lying on her bed. “Do you even wonder what it is I have been thinking about? I love you and I don’t want to break up with you, which was why I needed some space, just to sort out my feelings and thoughts. It gets too much at times, Jonghyun, to be around you and have you say you love me and touch you and then we fight and I get so confused with everything going on. It’s too many feelings and emotions coming at me and I’m sorry, but I freaked out, okay?”

It gets quiet for a few seconds, Hannah waiting for him to say something. She even looks at the cell phone to make sure he hasn’t hung up.

So you can’t handle loving me?” Jonghyun asks in a wondering tone, thinking of what she said in Bangkok.

“At times it gets overwhelming,” Hannah answers a little hesitant, not knowing if he will see this in a good or bad way. “I can’t explain it but I’m just … not used to it. I’m sorry.”

It feels like you are going two different directions because you have 5 Pieces, who you have promised to stick to but at the same time you want to be with me and you feel that … if you are with me, you are breaking the promise with 5 Pieces,” Jonghyun is slowly saying, as if he is coming up with it at the moment. Hannah quietly thinks about it. That might be true, what he said. “I want to see you.

“What?” Hannah gets a surprise over the sudden words.

I want to see you,” Jonghyun repeats. “Maria is going to Korea tomorrow, isn’t she? I can come tomorrow after my schedule, and then come back to Korea in the morning.

Hannah bites her lip, looking at the door to her room. She doesn’t know if Emelia will agree on that. That would mean he will sleep over, and Hannah has a roommate in Japan, which she doesn’t have in Korea.

It’s better talking face to face than over the phone,” Jonghyun fills in.

“I have to ask the ladies first,” Hannah says in a low voice.

It gets quiet between them. Hannah doesn’t know if he is waiting for her to say something, but she is waiting in hope to hear his voice again. It feels weird for some reason, as if it isn’t a week but several months since she talked to him last time.

Are you going to ask them?” Jonghyun then wonders, and Hannah opens as she realises the silence is for her to go ask the ladies if he can come tomorrow.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t get that. I … Is it okay if I text you later? I think… the ladies aren’t so easy to talk to,” Hannah swallows, out of nowhere extremely nervous. Her heart flutters when he laughs, and she can feel her cheeks burn. He is laughing.

Fine, text me when you have faced them,” Jonghyun lightly says, “You’re so cute.

“Shut up,” she tells him with a laugh, not able to take his voice when he says she is cute, and she is heading up from her bed. “I’ll text you later… Goodnight, Jonghyun.”

I love you, Hannah.

“I love you too.”

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces First Japanese Album [Run Out] RELEASED!

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces Goes For y Feminine Charm In Japanese Album

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces’ [Run Out] Album Gets Sold Out Within Minutes In Stores Around Japan

Headline 21st: [Run Out] Hits The TOP Lists In Japan Close After Release

Headline 21st: 5 Pieces Is Everywhere In Tokyo To Promote [Run Out] The First Day

Headline 21st: Hannah Thanks Japan On Twitter

 

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces [Run Out] Album Is Topping The Oricon Chart After One Day

Headline 22nd: Puzzle Counts Down D-6 For 5 Pieces’ Arena Tour

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces Appears On Japanese News As “World Icons”

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces Performs [Run Out] In White Outfits On Japan TV

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias