Chapter 08 - Strong Heart 1

Youngest of Pieces: [WHO- I AM] (8)

 

# STRONG HEART is a talk show or so called "talk battle" show in South Korea. It is hosted by actor Lee Dongwook and MC Shin Dongyeop. Celebrities in South Korea appear on the show to have talk battles and the person who says his/hers story voted with the "strongest heart" wins for that episode.

# MIDNIGHT DREAM is a teenage love music drama that aired at the first half of 2012. The drama was about five friends in a band trying to reach the top and the drama got a lot of attention thanks to singers Honggi and Hannah who had the main roles and also to the cast's constantly shown friendship that was showed in both the scenes/the drama and even when they weren't filming. Just the drama didn't get any awards, but it opened ways for the rookie actors/actresses who received awards for their roles and participations and the drama was chosen as the Five K-Dramas to not miss in 2012.

## Filmed 2013-01-03, Part One airs January 15 and Part Two airs January 22

Special GUESTS: Cast of Midnight Dream (5 Pieces' Hannah, FT Island's Honggi, actress Kim Hyejong, actor Mat Park and actor Hong Suk Chun), Secret (Ji Eun)

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

PART ONE

 

"Today we have a special episode of the cast from last year's teenage drama Midnight Dream. The two that creates headlines if they just are in the same building are here - FT Island's Lee Honggi and 5 Pieces' Hannah!" MC Shin Dongyeop introduces excitedly, his voice going higher when saying their names.

Hannah is sitting at the front on the set, Honggi sitting one and a half meter to her left while Secret's Ji Eun is on her right. The introduced pair claps their hands lightly when the small audience in front of the set is cheering to welcome them and Hannah also slightly bows while sitting down. Hannah is wearing a pair of black brushed fleece jeans and a sleeve-detail top, the long grey sleeves like always covering half her hands. Her long blonde hair is wavy and she has a pretty make-up with more focus on her eyes than anything else in her face, her hair still standing out the most among the Asians on set. She is smiling softly for the cameras.

"Hannah, when filming for the drama, what was the most difficult in working with Honggi?" the MC starts off asking.

For some reason she looks at Honggi on her left, smiling when seeing him looking forward to hear what she will answer too. Hannah turns back to the front, trying to find the right words.

"I had a scene in the drama where I had to cry in front of Honggi..." she starts off and gives a surprised laugh over the suddenly loud reaction from the audience; all the celebrities on set seem to get a surprise over the happy reaction too. The MC gives a slight comment on that there are a lot of fans in the audience before Hannah continues; "and I hated that scene." A surprise is thrown on the others over her words, making her laugh. "What I mean is that when filming that scene, whenever Honggi looked at me, he would be like stone and he never said his lines right so it took super long time to film those crying scenes."

Hannah had imitated his face-expression when saying "like stone" and created some laughter over it, and Honggi laughs too. "Have you guys seen this girl crying?" he asks everyone and points at Hannah. "I opened the door and in front of me stood this girl crying badly for the scene and I just hadn't expected to see that."

"But Hannah's crying scenes have been like one of the hottest topics since then," MC Lee Dongwook mentions.

"No," Hannah quietly answers and shakes her head, and she smiles when everyone else laughs; especially the cast from the drama. "The scenes of me crying in the drama were so awkward. I would be crying for hours and everyone was like amazed by it while my head was hurting and ugh..."

"We were already amazed from her music video where she was crying and then she came on set and just spent the whole day crying," Honggi admits, sounding amazed now too. "I have known for a few years, and I was amazed."

She doesn't really know how to respont on that so she just glances at Honggi with a weird smile before looking back at the MCs without turning her head completely. How was Honggi amazed? That she could cry for hours when being told so?

"So Hannah can cry for the whole day?"

"No..." Hannah hesitates and she laughs when Honggi says she can. "I can't! Oh my, no, I can't, really. Once I started crying - especially for that scene - there was no stopping and I cried during the break too, but when the break came to an end and we were going to film again, the crying had stopped..."

"You still did really well," Honggi praises her and Hannah gives him a half smile/half grimace.

Both MCs gets strange, one of them clearing his throat and the other looking down at his feet when not standing still, both of them curious over something and when seeing the two idols look at each other after the praise, Shin Dongyeop can't help but to ask;

"Are you sure you aren't a couple?" He is looking at Honggi, pointing from him to Hannah with raised eyebrows and the MC next to him is nodding with the same question. Hannah and Honggi won award as the best couple on SBS Drama Awards just a few days ago (though it is two-three weeks ago when the episode airs), and it isn't really the first time the two have been linked together as a couple ro with scandals. Hannah rests her arm on the armrest of the chair, hiding a small smile behind her hand when leaning a little to the side in her seat; she is used to questions like that.

"We have dated," Honggi simply answers and you can actually hear people taking a breath in the hole hall that says they definitely had not expected that. Hannah just smiles behind her fingers, looking at the reaction of the MCs. No one had expected him to say that, since the two of them have been denying being a couple and dating for the past two-three years since the rumours/first scandal started. "It was a long time ago and it was just dating."

"We weren't a couple," Hannah shakes her head and Honggi turns to look at her.

"We were dating," he tells her, and the MCs that still kind of try to melt in what they just were told still chuckles when realising that there is some kind of misunderstanding going on now between the two.

"No," Hannah grimaces. "We went out to eat pizza. If it is like that then I date Maria too."

"Hannah, we went out a few times," Honggi tells her in other words and Hannah suddenly nods, as if that is what she is saying and people are laughing because it seems like she doesn't understand. "Dating is going out, a couple is being more."

"Ah..." Hannah seems to realise her mistake when thinking through his words and she blushes, turning to apologize to everyone else embarrassedly.

"Hannah, you don't date in Sweden?"

"I have never dated," Hannah answers and more laughter occurs because Honggi just said the two of them have dated. "Ah, but then... I have only dated one person...?"

She looks really confused when thinking about it. Her confusion doesn't stop fans to love the thought of that Hannah only have dated Honggi before, but the MCs thinks it's strange and Honggi gets to explain; "We went out a few times but at that time we were just getting to know each other, so in the end we just became really good friends."

"So back in the day when you were dating, you were denying it to everyone?" the MC wonders.

"We dated before any rumours came out," Honggi answers, "at the time the rumours came out we were just friends, and so we have never actually lied since no one ever asked if we have dated in the past."

"Then why did you stop dating? Why are you just friends now, when everyone can see you look perfect together?"

Hannah has decided to be quiet, because she keeps mixing up the words so again it is Honggi who gets to answer, but Hannah still can't help but to give a little scoffing sound at the question when hearing "perfect together". She doesn't think so.

"We are better off as friends," he answers and he smiles when the audience seems to disagree, "It just didn't manage to get further than that."

"But you want to."

"No, it's not like that, it's just that we fit better as friends," Honggi tries, "And I like older women."

Laughter is heard over his final try and Hannah smiles too, but the MCs still like the scandal of Honggi and Hannah together so they ask Hannah if she is disappointed they aren't more than friends.

"I'm fine like this," she coolly answers, causing laughter because of how simply she says it.

"What does your friends say; Kim Hyejong, what do you think about Honggi and Hannah's just friends' thing?" the MCs wonders and their eyes goes up a little to a chair on the row behind, to the short-haired girl who is a year older than Hannah and acted as the second girl in the drama's band. Hyejong gives a small smirk when being asked.

"Honggi and Hannah were really close during the filming. Since they knew each other from earlier while the rest of us had never really met before, I think it was easy to misunderstand and think that they were dating or were a couple," Hyejong answers and she keeps smiling when seeing Hannah is looking up at her. "Buy that was before we all got to know each other. After that they just seemed to be good friends as they are saying now, and ...yeah, I just think it is this whole idol-image thing with boys and girls not showing their friendship that clear as these two have done."

 

"Honggi... what was the hardest for your when filming the drama with Hannah?" the MC asks the same question to Honggi when all the shock over Hannah and Honggi's past has melted and when getting that question, Honggi just starts to smile. He has a really strange smile so Hannah gets worried since her name appeared in the question, but Honggi looks comfortable in his seat, getting ready to answer.

"I guess I have to say her crying scenes too, then," he mentions, still smiling. "Since when we were filming the drama we just had a lot of fun, all of us-" he says the last part with a hand motion to the rest of the cast, "- and there were a lot of joking and laughing and... yeah, I really didn't like the crying scenes."

Hannah is happy he just says that, but all of a sudden when the others thinks he is done he gives out a sudden "OH" and claps his hands together once when sitting up straight, clearly remembering something.

"And the kissing scenes!" he adds in a light voice. Probably everyone in the whole hall burst out laughing over his way to react when remembering and over his words, Hannah hides her face behind her hands in embarrassment (the memory of kissing scenes.......) and the MCs seems to really like the answer.

"I wanted that subject to come up," Shin Dongyeop mentions and he laughs when hearing how strange it sounds. "Fans must have wanted that subject to come up too!" he defends himself towards the audience that though does seem to like it.

"What was hard with the kissing scenes?" Lee Dongwook asks Honggi.

He points over at Hannah, who looks surprised to be pointed out. "It was hard doing it with Hannah because the director didn't want it to be just a peck on the lips but we really had to kiss and freeze it like that for the scene," Honggi explains and Hannah is waving her hands in front of her face because it is suddenly really hot on hr face, and she keeps smiling because the whole scene must look funny now with Honggi explaining their kissing scene and Hannah just awkwardly wanting to disappear.

"Did you enjoy it?" Boom asks and though some of the people there say he can't ask such a question to idols, Honggi laughs happily.

"It was a mix," Honggi honestly answers and Hannah is heard laughing now, so embarrassed that she can't even sit still and it makes Honggi laugh too. "I think it was more awkward than anything else, but it was also fun because it was Hannah's first on-screen kiss."

"Oh my..." Hannah breathes out and she laughs more when the MCs ask if the innocent Hannah really enjoyed it so much. Honggi can't sotp smiling over her reactions, everyone else also smiling.

"Hannah... I guess that was your first kiss?"

"Hm?" she asks only when hearing her name, too embarrassed and laughing so she couldn't hear anything else. She laughs again, waving her hands to her warm face.

"Not just your first on-screen kiss, but your first kiss?" the MC asks in a teasing tone.

Hannah bites her lio and still smiling she shakes her head. "I have kissed before," she answers and laughs embarrassedly.

"You have never dated, but you have kissed?"

"A small kiss," Hannah answers, correcting it for people to not completely misunderstand. Fans know that all five members in 5 Pieces haven't had any official boyfriends or being in a serious relaitonship before, and Hannah has her own image to think of too, even if it is weird to answer such questions when the friend sitting on her left knows everything.

"So Honggi was your first kiss?" the MC still tries.

Hannah gets quiet, just looking at the MC with a face-expression that doesn't really say anything at all. She thinks back, remembering the time when she was "dating" Honggi. They did kiss - a real kiss. That was her first kiss, and her first on-screen kiss is also with Honggi, so no matter how to say it: Honggi was her first kiss. She blushes when thinking of it and that seems to be answer enough for the MCs even if she doesn't say anything.

"Then we'll let the audience imagine the rest," the MCs jokes and they lets Hannah continue to blush and wave her hands in her face while they continue to interview other people. Honggi keeps smiling at her, thinking she is hilarious.

 

With it being a Midnight Dream special, the five of them there talks about things that happened during the filming of the drama. Matr Park, the extremely handsome actor who acted as Hyejong's brother in the drama, talks about what he remembered the most from filming.

"We sang a lot... I remember."

They laugh at Mat's short answer, Hannah smiling when looking over further away next to Hyejong where Mat is sitting.

"Mat was always walking around singing girl-group songs," Honggi says, pointing over at Mat.

"You did that too," Hyejong tells Honggi, looking at him the moment he says that, and she causes laughter on the set again. "The moment they said 'cut!' they would start to sing."

"Hey, everyone were singing, you too," Honggi tells her and Hannah laughs at them.

Mat explains: "All of us are interested in music, and it was also a music drama, so at times we were on set with instruments and everyone wanted to sit by the instruments and try them and show off. It was really fun to meet people that all kind of connected on the set just because of music and acting."

"I guess the staff were never bored with you all around," the MC comments.

"Never. We rather made them tell us to calm down at times," Mat admits and Hannah smiles, remembering a few of those times when it happened.

 

When it is Hannah's turn to talk, she is asked what she felt like filming the drama - if she had any pressure or if it was chaotic - asking how it was for her.

"I really wanted to spend all the time focusing on the drama, because it was my first time acting in a Korean drama and because I was the youngest on set, I heard from seniors that I should be the one asking others if they need something and ... to be this bright person," Hannah is answering. "But I was busy with other promotions too so I used most time on set to practice my lines that I think I didn't really do much as the rookie and youngest..."

"Hannah really worries a lot like that," Honggi mentions. "She always asked me if there is something she should go ask the director or if she should go get something, always having questions and wondering if she should pay for the food... and I think she was really worried because it was her first drama and she wanted to do well"

"Then what did the cast think; did Hannah do well?"

"Hannah was really cute during filming," Hyejong says with a smile, being the only girl beside from Hannah from the drama, "She would follow us and do whatever we said because she wasn't familiar with anything and she wanted to do well. And we all realised that she is really pure, so after a while we couldn't do big pranks on her because she was too innocent and pure to realise that we were joking with her."

Hannah is embarrassedly hiding behind her hand again, smiling at the audience that is really good at showing reactions today. Honggi starts to laugh at Hyejong's last words.

"Once, we were filming really late and everyone on set were tired because we had been filming the whole day, and to brighten the mood of the staff, we-" Honggi says and he points over to Hyejong and Mat, "- told Hannah that the youngest always did imitations. And Hannah was all clueless, asking us how to do because she didn't know any imitations and we were showing her different things that she could try."

The others from the cast laugh by the memory - Hong Suk Chun too - and the MC makes Hyejong and Honggi show some of the imitations before asking if Hannah did them.

"Hannah ended up imitating the people there (staff), because she at imitating others. And she really did make everyone laugh, though she never realised what we made her do was just a joke," Honggi finishess off and Hannah is nodding with a small pout, some people saying they really played with the poor girl and another comments that Hannah is surprisingly innocent compared to her y image on stage.

"What I remember the most was that they were making fun of my way to talk," Hannah fills in, "Every day they would find a new word or sentence that they thought I said funny and they would make fun of me the whole day because of that."

Hyejong is fast to talk the moment Hannah finishes her sentence, just for the MCs to not get time to say anything; "I promise, Hannah is the funniest foreigner ever. She speaks Korean super well, but at times her tongue just slips or she doesn't understand and it becomes hillarious," Hyejong brightly says to all the curious listeners, "and then there was a time when hyunsuk-" the one who isn't with them today, "- was trying to fool Hannah with some sentence, she secretly went up to Honggi and asked him what it meant; and Hyunsuk was like shaking his head behind Hannah and mouthing for Honggi 'don't say, don't say'."

"Did Hannah turn to Honggi to ask for help? It sounds like that..." the MC slowly says, and everyone knows where he wants to get with this.

"I think she turned to everyone," Honggi is fast to answer, not trying to create a scandal as the MCs are really interested in it now when he has said they dated briefly a long time ago.

"In the middle of filming once, I had this really annoying problem with a scene so when we took a few minutes break I ran to the side to give SNSD's Yoona a call. She is really good with her words so she quickly helped me," Hannah adds to not make people think she just turned to Honggi at the set.

"Only pretty people..." one of the comedian women sitting among the guest mentions from the back but no one seems to care for her words, though Hannah laughs when hearing it.

"But Hannah is really charismatic and y on stage..." MC Shin Dongyeop mentions, continuing with the subject they had in the beginning, "but whenever I have seen Hannah - like now - she is very ... cute and innocent. You really believed everything they told you on set?"

"Everything," Mat nods. The MC had been joking with Hannah, asking her if she REALLY believed everything.

"I guess..." Hannah answers with a small pout. "It's because... Yes, I'm easy to fool like that."

"You are never even suspicious? You were saying that you worried and asking a lot of questions on the set because you weren't sure of how things works on the set to film, but you don't ask 'is this a joke or do they really do this'?" MC Lee Dongwook wonders, and he looks like it is a serious question and because of his face-expression Hannah smiles, not knowing if she should take this seriously or not.

"I asked myself the whole time that, but I never asked it out loud because... I believed that was how things worked. It wasn't like they said the strangest things, so it seemed ... like it was the truth," Hannah explains, not able to answer the question as she wants because she doesn't know the words in Korean.

"You make it sound like we were bad for fooling you," Hyejong laughs and Hannah smiles when glancing at her friend.

"No, but it was fun," Hannah explains to not let the rest misunderstand her words. "They all really helped me out during the filming, even if they joked around over small things."

"Hannah, who is the cute and y member of 5 Pieces... do you work hard on your image?" MC Lee Dongwook asks and some of the people complain that he sounds like he is talking down to her, but Hannah just looks blankly at him, not really understanding. "Do you practice on being y?"

"No..."

"You don't do a research to know how to be y?"

Hannah looks clueless at first, but as she guess she somehow has to answer, she tihnks really fast before answering; "I look up videos of performances, like I watch Beyoncé's performances and videos and I research like that."

"Oh..." the MC nods, "never ?"

The audience seems to get a shock over the question (one of the older female comedians says he can't ask such a question to a female idol) and a lot of them laughs when seeing Hannah opening , surprised to get the question, but in the end she still shakes her head.

"You have never watched ?"

"I searched for it once," Hannah answers and laughs awkwardly over the reaction when she doesn't completely say 'no'. "And I started to watch, but ... the two in the video were like acting or something, and it looked so horrible that I stopped watching before anything happened. They were both fully dressed, so I don't really know if I can say I have watched it or not..."

"You haven't," Honggi shakes his head and she laughs. When she told the story now, others started laughing and giving slight comments because at first when hearing just the word "" people were thinking it is impossible for Hananh to have watched it, but hearing her story they all agree on that she really must be innocent.

"Wait... You stopped watching because you thought that video didn't start well... Didn't you try to watch another video then?" the MC wonders.

"No..."

"Why not?"

"Because the other members came home, so I topped," Hannah simply answers, not thinking it is a big deal, but the MC still asks if she hasn't tried to watch after that time. "No... I was just curious to know what was so interesting with it, but I lost interest after that video."

"So in the end, 5 Pieces haven't watched ."

"Why do you sound so sad over that?" the other MC asks his co-worker and they all laugh. The MC still tells Hannah to try watch a full video first, but she just shakes her head.

"But I'm still curious over how you are y on the stage?" the MC brings up again.

"I perform as I have practiced?" Hannah wonders, having a face-expression that shows she has no idea of why he keeps bringing it up.

"You feel y on the stage?"

"No... I get excited on the stage so ... I just perform..."

Singers probably understand what she means, because a lot of singers get so excited on stage that they look y or good just because they shine thanks to the excitement. But the people there today laugh at Hannah's answers because it seems like the MC wants to get somewhere but Hannah is just clueless answering honestly. "But how do you practice your face-expressions for the stage? You got the y image in 5 Pieces, you mustt practice somehow..."

Hannah keeps looking clueless, and to not make the whole show stop because of her cluelessness, Honggi takes the word; "Hannah is really y, but she is too innocent to talk about it."

The MC asks another question then; "Hannah, when do you think you look the iest?"

"Um..." Hannah starts and she looks at Honggi, making everyone laugh. She looks back at the others. "I... My members say it is when I'm dancing. I don't know, I don't really think..."

"When you dance on stage or do you give a special show for your members?" the MC cuts her off.

"Eeeeeeh," the others disagree with the question, thinking it sounds too weird, but the MC doesn't mean it that way even if it sounds like it and Hannah still gets to answer.

"At times in the practice-room, it could be to warm up or ... just when I'm bored," Hannah is slowly revealing, "But it isn't really ... anything special, but the members keep saying I should practice a dance like that."

They laugh at her because for some reason Hannah is still innocently talking, they are wondering what kind of dance it could be and they ask her if she could show the dance that her members think is y. Hannah laughs with her head back over the request, but since everyone are already clapping their hands she slowly leaves her seat, hesitating a little before stepping down to the stage in front of the seats, fixing her top and glancing at the MCs with a shy smile. The song to be played is Beyoncé's [Naughty Girl], and the moment the familiar music starts to play, Hannah turns her back to the audience. She glances at Honggi, mouthing at him to not laugh (she knows he will smile either way) and she tries to keep her own face from laughing even if it at first is hard to stop smiling. With a deep breath she starts to do a wave to the left with her back facing the audience, and then when Beyoncé sings the same thing over again in the song she does a wave to the right, this time almost turning around so she can look at the audience. Her bodyline is shown and she turns around while moving her , the audience cheering and Hannah smiles. It isn't a long dance, but she moves her body to the music and shows off a y dance by moving her and popping her chest. The response is good and Hannah ends it all with innocence; bowing and hiding her smile behind her hand, hurrying to take her seat again.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 15th: ‘Midnight Dream’ Cast Reveals Stories From The Set Recent Strong Heart Episode

Headline 15th: Honggi & Hannah Makes A Shocking Confession On Strong Heart

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Hannah Failed To Watch ?

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

X. devonalias