The Last One

Two Soul Mates?!

            As Hiro watched Myungsoo and Sunggyu walk away from him at the airport in Japan, he was…happy.

            He had liked Sunggyu when he had been his assistant, but he always knew that he and Sunggyu would never be. It was more of pure adoration than love. It was less infatuation than it was admiration. Hiro was actually pretty happy. He had helped Sunggyu figure out who he had truly loved.

            When Sunggyu had called him this morning he automatically apologized for answering his phone to Chairman Kim. Apparently, the man had tracked it and broke into Hiro’s home, taking his phone and copying Sunggyu’s phone in Japan into his own, allowing him to track where his son was. Luckily, nothing went wrong.

            He smiled as he watched the two of them hold hands as they walked. Hiro hoped that Myungsoo and Sunggyu would be able to be together. He knew how Sunggyu’s father was, but he also knew how Sunggyu was.

            Sunggyu can do it. He’ll fight for what he loves.

            Hiro heard someone call his name, and he realized that Myungsoo had called him from the airline gate.

            “Hiro, thank you for everything!”

            Myungsoo then bowed and took Sunggyu’s hand again as the two of them started to walk to their plane back to Korea.

             Hiro smiled and wiped away a tear. He would truly miss the two of them. He hoped they would come to visit, but at the same time he wished that they wouldn’t. He wanted the believe that if they stayed in Korea, they’d be happy and wouldn’t be reminded of the struggle Myungsoo had living here in Japan.

            Hiro turned and started to head back to hospital a few blocks away from the airport. He had someone to meet there.

            Sungjong, you better be waiting for me! He thought, smiling. The person he loved was finally awake.

***

            Myungsoo felt a hand on his knee, steadying it from all the shaking and he looked up. Sunggyu had stopped his knee from its fidgeting.

            He was nervous.

            Who wouldn’t be nervous? Chairman Kim is probably preparing my death bed right now.

            “Hey, don’t worry. You have me alright? We’ll get through this,” Sunggyu reassured Myungsoo.

            Myungsoo smiled and nodded slightly. He was glad that Sunggyu was there sitting next to him, but there was also Woohyun and Woohyun’s father to deal with. He and Sunggyu were against powerful, rich people. Myungsoo worried that they’d be able to convince Sunggyu to forget about him. It’s not like Myungsoo had much to offer to Sunggyu. The only thing Myungsoo had and knew of was his love for Sunggyu, and he had tried to get rid of that—not that it worked anyway.

            Soon, the plane started to take off, and Myungsoo’s eyes widened. He was this much closer to probably being banned from South Korea. He glanced at Sunggyu, who was biting his lip with his eyebrows furrowed together. It seemed like Sunggyu was starting to get worried too.

            Would they be able to last?

***

            “Chairman Kim, do you understand what I’m saying? I want to cancel it,” Chairman Nam stated. He didn’t try to explain why, but he knew that the other wouldn’t ask why. He was too prideful for that.

            “Are you sure?” Chairman Kim asked, “I’m not sure if our sons will agree to this.”

            Chairman Nam nodded as Chairman Kim ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

            “I said that I want to cancel the marriage. Our sons won’t be getting married anymore. I'm sure that they'll get over it.”

            “Fine, whatever pleases you. As long as the companies merge…I guess it wouldn’t matter if our sons get married or not. At least we’ll be sure that they’ll work well together,” Chairman Kim relented.

            “Thank you for hearing me out,” Chairman Nam replied, smiling.

            He nodded his head and started to make his way out of Kimi corporations. He reached into his pocket and dialed his son’s phone number.

            “Hey, Woohyun, I have some good news for you,” he begun.

***

            Chairman Kim watched the other CEO leave his office. He grunted in frustration and threw the stack of papers on his desk onto the floor.

            “Jungryul!!” he screamed out.

            Jungryul opened the door and stood in front of the chairman’s desk.

            “Yes, sir?” he calmly asked.

            “Find out when Sunggyu’s plane lands and take him to the house immediately.”

            “Yes, sir.”

            “Tell the secretary that I’ll be leaving early today,” he commanded.

            Jungryul nodded and headed out of the office, getting inside the elevator to follow the orders given.

***

            Inside the familiar car, Myungsoo had butterflies in his stomach.

            How did Jungryul know that our plane was to land at 2:00? Who told him to pick us up? Oh my gosh, even Sunggyu was surprised earlier too.

            Sunggyu sat close to Myungsoo, holding his hand and doing his best to make sure that Myungsoo didn’t get too nervous and worried. He knew that his father probably told Jungryul to find out when their plane had landed and to take them back to the manor. Sunggyu sighed, knowing that battle that would come upon him once he got home, especially with Myungsoo by his side.

            “Sunggyu?”

            “Yes, Jungryul?” Sunggyu replied.

            “Sorry for not calling you Director Kim, but your father isn’t here so I thought you’d like it better if I called you Sunggyu,” the younger nodded, “Anyways, I want to inform you that the marriage has been cancelled. You are no longer planned to be marrying the son of Namu Corporation. However, your companies will be merging, and the two of you will be working together very often.”

            Myungsoo’s eyes widened and he glanced quickly over to Sunggyu.

            Both of them were thinking the same thing.

            What about their relationship?

            “The two CEOs don’t expect you or Director Nam to date anymore. In fact, I was told earlier that Director Nam has an interest in the son from Sung Co.,” Jungryul mentioned.

            Sunggyu looked down at his fingers. He didn’t know why but he didn’t feel jealous or hurt at all. He smiled, in fact.

            Sungyeol’s a good person. He deserves a nice guy like Woohyun.          

            “Anything else, Jungryul?”

            The butler shook his head no and continued to drive the couple back to the manor.

***

            Jungryul held the door open for both Myungsoo and Sunggyu. The manor was quiet; the workers had already been told to leave and vacate the house. No one was to be inside the manor while Chairman Kim talked to his son and his assistant. Even Jungryul was told to leave.

            After the two had walked into the large mansion, Jungryul got into the car and left, leaving Myungsoo and Sunggyu no way to escape except by foot.

            Sunggyu heard the gate close and turned around to face his suddenly fragile-looking assistant. He must be frightened.

            In fact, Sunggyu was a bit afraid too, not really for himself, but instead for Myungsoo. He knew what kind of person his father was, and he was extremely worried that he would do something to make Myungsoo disappear from his life.

            Despite the odds being against him and his soul mate, Sunggyu reached forward and took Myungsoo’s hand in his, leading him into the manor to face his father.

            “We’ll be ok,” Sunggyu reassured Myungsoo again. The younger still didn’t look very convinced.

            Once they stepped inside of the manor, Sunggyu turned to close the door. He saw his father standing by the couch on the living room and immediately started to walk over there, with Myungsoo’s hand in his. He made sure to keep eye contact with his father, no matter how angry and conflicted his father looked. He was not going to back down.

            “Sit down, you two,” the Chairman ordered.

            The two moved to sit down on the couch, the chairman sitting down after them on the chair in front of them.

            There was a short silence. The only sound that could be heard was the uneven breathing that was coming from the three. They were all thinking about what to say next, none of them wanting to start a huge fight or scandal that would bring trouble to themselves and the company.

            Chairman Kim closed his eyes and sighed loudly.

            “100 million dollars,” he stated.

            Sunggyu raised his eyebrow in confusion.

            “What?”

            “I’m not talking to you Director Kim. I’m talking to your assistant. Myungsoo, wasn’t it?”

            Myungsoo nodded and looked at the chairman of Kimi Co.

            “What do you mean by—“ he started.

            The chairman cut the assistant off.

            “100 million dollars and a branch of our company— I want you to have all of that Myungsoo,” Chairman Kim explained.      

            “W-What? Why?” Myungsoo asked. He didn’t understand why the chairman would offer him something like that. There had to be a catch.

            “The branch is in America, Myungsoo. I want you to take the money, go work over there, and never come back.”

            “What? Chairman Kim, what are you suggesting?!” Sunggyu yelled, standing up in shock at the audacity of his father. He couldn’t believe that his father still thought of Myungsoo as a gold-digger.

            “Myungsoo would never accept something like that. He’s not going to leave just because you give him money and a job! He’s not that kind of person!”

            “Be quiet for a moment, Sunggyu! Let’s listen to what your assistant has to say, shall we? He’s been quiet for some time now.”

            Sunggyu shut his mouth the moment his father mentioned that Myungsoo had been quiet. He had been silent since Chairman Kim had told him what he had to do to get the money and company branch.

            There’s no way he’d say yes right? Sunggyu hesitantly thought. The thought had creeped into his mind and he scolded himself for ever thinking that. There’s no way right?

            “So what do you say, Myungsoo? Why don’t you leave my son alone and get what you really want? If you do this, your mother would be proud. She always wanted you to be a successful businessman right? Why don’t you do just that? You don’t want to spend a hard time fighting to be with my son, don’t you? Even if you do end up together, I’d just disown my son. You’ll still be in the streets, Myungsoo. That’s not what your mother died for.”

            Chairman Kim sat back, watching the shock spread across Sunggyu and Myungsoo’s faces, and smirked. He watched as Myungsoo glanced back and forth between his fingers and Sunggyu’s betrayed face. A passport for Myungsoo and a suitcase full of money sat on the table in between them, and suddenly Sunggyu felt as if Myungsoo would actually take the suitcase and leave him.

            “I-I” Myungsoo began.

            He glanced over to Sunggyu and tears started to fall from his eyes.

            “I don’t want that,” he stated.

            Chairman Kim smiled, and Sunggyu grabbed onto Myungsoo’s arm, not believing the words that came out of Myungsoo’s mouth.

            “Myungsoo, you don’t mean that right?”  

            The younger shook his head no, the tear freely falling down his cheeks.

            “I want to make my mother happy, but I can’t do that if I got to America and become a monster.”

            The chairman’s face fell, and Sunggyu’s grip on Myungsoo loosened.

            Myungsoo continued, “I-I love your son, Chairman Kim, and you could offer me all the money in the world, but I would never leave him unless he wanted me to. M-My mother w-would want me to be happy.”

            The chairman frowned.

            “You can’t be happy living on the streets again, Myungsoo.”

            “Yes, I can!” he suddenly screamed. “Y-Yes, I can. If Sunggyu’s with me, then I’ll already be more than happy. Don’t you see that? S-Stop talking about my mother as if you knew her—she did her best to provide for me. It didn’t matter if I lived on the streets again or lived in a manor like this.”

            Sunggyu pulled Myungsoo into his arms, worried that the conversation was straining the younger.

            He turned to his father and frowned.

            “He’s not a bad person, father,” he pleaded, “Myungsoo’s a good person. I love him.”

            The room got quiet for a moment and then the chairman spoke up again, except now it was a small whisper.

            “Do you really, Sunggyu? Do you believe this person can love you forever, even if you lose all of your money? Do you believe that he’d stay on the streets with you, even if someone with more money comes along? Do you sincerely believe that he would be able to handle you working every day with someone you stopped dating less than a day ago? How can you say you love him so easily?”

            Sunggyu nodded.

            “Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I-I can’t explain it, but it’s just Myungsoo. He’s someone that I love, and I trust him enough to do all of that. W-we’d work it out if you were to kick me out. We’d find jobs somewhere and we’d find a place to live. It doesn’t matter if it’s 10 times smaller than this manor. Believe me when I say that I love him and that he loves me.”

            The chairman nodded slowly, listening to everything his son was passionately telling him.

            “And you, do you really love him Myungsoo? You really won’t take the offer and go to America?” he asked softly.

            Myungsoo moved out of Sunggyu’s arms and took his hand instead, holding it tightly. He intertwined his and Sunggyu’s fingers and smiled when Sunggyu leaned on his shoulder.

            “I do love him, Chairman Kim. I wouldn’t leave him for the world.”

            Listening to Sunggyu’s and Myungsoo’s answers, Chairman Kim couldn’t help but believe them. He took a deep breath and exhaled.

            “Fine, I-I’ll accept your relationship.”

            Hearing those words Myungsoo and Sunggyu felt their hearts rejoice. They hugged each other and thanked the chairman.

            “But—“

            The two looked at the chairman, worried what the condition would be.

            The chairman gave the two a small, tired smile.

            “I want you two to get married within the next month. If you’re this serious about each other then I expect you two to be together forever. I don’t want something like this to ever happen again.”

            With that, Chairman Kim stood up and left the room, walking up the stairs to go into his room. He regretted offering Myungsoo the money and company branch, but he knew he had to test whether their love for each other was real, and it was. It truly was.

***

            Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu and smiled.

            He let go of Sunggyu’s hand and caressed Sunggyu’s face.

            “I love you, Sunggyu. I’m glad your father will accept us.”

            Sunggyu chuckled softly and placed his hand on top of Myungsoo’s.

            “I love you too, Myungsoo. Let’s live a long happy life together alright?”

***

oh my goodness you guys i'm about to cry /sobs

i can't believe that this story is over and i'm going to really miss you guys T_T

i love each and every one of you readers and especially you commenters and upvoters <3

i'm planning for an epilogue, but due to school it might not come for a while ;A;

tumblr_m44f1kuPJn1qdk98do1_250.gif

last comments section!! T^T

@sichem: it's hiro :D lol it took a whole story to reveal that sungjong and hiro are together LOL i've been planning that since like the first chapter OTL thanks for reading and commenting lovely! i hope you liked the last chapter (:

tumblr_mv5o9pUPEv1qllt09o3_250.gif

@sixtwentyone: this chapter is full of myunggyu c: lol i hope you liked this chapter ^^ thanks so much for reading and commenting<3

tumblr_mv5o9pUPEv1qllt09o1_250.gif

@hanabira: aww thanks T_T <3 <3 i really appreciate you commenting and reading this story! i hope you liked this chapter(:

tumblr_mv5o9pUPEv1qllt09o2_250.gif

@choi_taehwa: here's myunggyu for you!! ^^ lol thank you for commenting and reading this fanfic<3

tumblr_mv5o9pUPEv1qllt09o4_250.gif

@laylika: sungyeol's finally happy~^^<3 lol thanks for commenting and reading this fanfic<3 i really appreciate it^^

tumblr_m1orwaOC4n1qllt09o3_250.gif

@snow_white_: i'm in the process of creating an epilogue~ ^^ lol it'll take a while though T_T APWH is stressing me out OTL i feel like a part of my life is over ;_; thank so much for commenting and reading this fanfic i think i remember your username from the beginnings of this fanfic lol i really appreciate it<3

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o6_250.gif

@anjellie_ka: now you know who's the special person for sungjong! lol i think it made it a little obvious? idk maybe not OTL anyways thank you so much for reading and commenting<3

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o5_250.gif

@perfect_jongwoon: omg lol i should totally just show up with my sungyeol poster LOL and i'll try... ;A; i'm an awkward duck though OTL so idk. thanks so much for commenting and reading this fanfic! you've been here for a long time right? lol i'm glad to have shared this fanfic journey with you!<3

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o4_250.gif

@thessm: lol things went well for myunggyu! ^^ lol i'm glad you liked the previous chapter<3 i hope you like this one too! i still can't believe it's ending OTL i want to thank you for commenting and reading this fanfic! <3 <3 and yes they are immature lol but you know. i got my korean husbands who needs fake friends LOL omg you live in england~~~~~~~~ i just love the accents there just T_T <3

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o3_250.gif

@cyd4294: their fathers did~ lol and hiro is with sungjong(: thanks for reading and commenting on this fanfic<3 <3 i really appreciate it ^^

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o2_250.gif

@daeyeolli: awwwwwwww thanks so much T_T i don't want this fanfic to end either (probably why i took so long to update OTL) but yeah, an epilogue will be coming later on(: thanks for reading and commenting on this fanfic ^^ an update for What Is Infinite will come...a bit soon lol i haven't had time to write lately T_T 

tumblr_mvk16oG4zY1qj4we3o1_250.gif

@inspirit442: omg welcome lol i hope you liked this fanfic ^^ thanks for commenting and recommending people here!! XD lol i appreciate it love<3

tumblr_mvms5gyIrY1s4eo8ao9_250.gif

@anniechew2001: omg lol welcome to you too!!<3 i'm glad you like this fanfic! thank for reading and commenting on this fanfic i appreciate it<3 ^^ i'm glad i changed your shipping LOL

tumblr_mvms5gyIrY1s4eo8ao7_250.gif

@redshoes: myunggyu feels all around<3 thanks for reading and commenting!<3

tumblr_mvms5gyIrY1s4eo8ao6_250.gif

@kris-owns-ikarin96: welcome lovely!! ^^ lol thanks for reading and commenting!! i love rare couples like myunggyu and wooyeol c:

tumblr_mvms5gyIrY1s4eo8ao5_250.gif

@absolutemp: welcome lovely!!!<3 i'm glad you like this^^ lol thanks so much for commenting and reading this fanfic it bring happiness to my soul <3 i hope you liked this chapter!!

tumblr_mv0kzrGp2F1rrc38jo7_250.gif

***

and~ i'm done! lol

i really appreciate you all reading this that i can't even put it in words (though i'll try)

let me just kiss and hug and throw nam-hearts at each and every one of you! T_T<3<3

thanks again! an epilogue will be coming later! meanwhile check out my other stories? LOL (don't look at the Original Character ones they're old and bad and not ) 

anyways! until next time loves~~^^<3

tumblr_mv0kzrGp2F1rrc38jo8_250.gif