The Angels' Opinions

Two Soul Mates?!

 

            “What in the world in this? This is so not fair Dongwoo! An arranged marriage?!?” Hoya yelled out at the other angel.

             “What’s with the kid getting sick? Sunggyu missed his date!” Dongwoo shouted back.

            The two argued more, and Sungjong sighed heavily. The two angels have been bickering ever since Woolim found out about Sunggyu’s unfortunate(?) situation.

            The fates had a weird way of building up the three humans’ lives. Everyone on Woolim was watching Sunggyu’s life. Even the angels had picked sides. The events that had happened were not even in anyone’s control. The fates chose what happened and soon after a while, even they wouldn’t be able to control the three humans any longer. The fates set up the situations, but even they were unable to decide for Sunggyu who he would end up with romantically.

            The division between Woolim was pretty even. Half wanted Sunggyu to choose Woohyun; half wanted Sunggyu to choose Myungsoo. However, the only people that argued about the three humans and the fates’ decision was Hoya and Dongwoo.

            You’d think that after the two of them got their wings, they would stop fighting. But they didn’t. It seemed to Sungjong that the two seemed to quarrel even more often. It wasn’t even a matter of their wings anymore. It was pride. They both wanted to be right. After watching their candidates closely, they even became attached to them. Sungjong could see that the two of them truly cared about who they chose.

            It wasn’t that common for angels to become attached to who they chose for soul mates, but then again, Hoya and Dongwoo were not just simple angels.

            “Why are the fates doing this?” the two angels asked Sungjong.

            “I don’t know okay?!” Sungjong burst out. He was tired of this. “The fates do what they want, and it’s none of our business.”

            “But-“

            “But nothing! You two better stop arguing or I’ll get rid of your wings!” Sungjong yelled out.

            The two angels opened their mouths to say something more but decided not to risk it anymore. Nothing was more dangerous than an angry Sungjong.

***

            Dongwoo sat down and sighed. He was tired of the fighting too. He missed his friendship with Hoya, but ever since they found out that they weren’t just normal angels, they’ve been quarreling.

            The two were descendants of the fates. It was the first time in history where there was more than one of them. Every 100 years, the fates chose one of their descendants to join them. However, there was a huge debate on who would join the fates first. Hoya became a descendant first, but Dongwoo was older.

            They were best friends before they found out about their possible futures. Neither of them wanted to wait another 100 years to join the fates, and neither of them wanted to admit who was a better angel.

            So they competed. Their close friendship diminished, and for a while, they stayed away from each other, training. They both wanted to get their wings as quickly as possible, because for a descendant to get into the fates, they’d have to angels first. They both wanted to join the elite as fast as possible. The faster they got their wings and became a successful angel, the better their chances were to get into the fates.

            As Dongwoo reminisced about the old memories when he and Hoya were friends, he questioned whether he actually wanted to become one of the fates. He thought about what they did to the humans and suddenly got angry.

            Why did they set up these confusing situations for humans? Was it for pure amusement? Some humans never got to meet their soul mate because the fates set them at opposite sides of the earth. Other times, it seemed like the fates just messed around with the human because it was fun. They made one poor and one rich. They made their parents hate each other, they made other people fall in love with the soul mates. It was almost like they were testing the strength of love, the love that they themselves created.

            Two soul mates, Dongwoo chuckled at the thought. This is just a game for them. Why am I even working this hard to join them?

            Dongwoo looked up when he heard someone sit down next to him. He glanced at the other angel. It was Hoya.

            “Hey,” Hoya breathed out when he saw Dongwoo notice him.

            “Hey…” Dongwoo said warily, “What are you doing here?”

            Hoya sighed. “I’m tired of this, you know? All the fighting…do you even want to be part of the fates anymore?”

            Dongwoo cracked a smile. “I was just thinking about that…”

            Hoya looked up away from his shoes and smiled at the elder. “Dongwoo…I miss us.”

            The older angel laughed softly before answering, “Yeah…I miss us too,” he whispered.

            “So why don’t we just forget this stupid competition?” Hoya suggested.

            Dongwoo’s eyes widened, “What do you mean? What else can we do?”

            “I-I’m tired of fighting…”

            The elder sighed, “Me too…”

            The two angels were silent for a moment, until Hoya had an idea.

            He turned to Dongwoo, excited to have a chance to get his best friend back.

            “Let’s go down to earth.”

            “Excuse me???”

            “Come on! It’ll be fun Dongwoo! Let’s go down to earth, and see how Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Woohyun are doing in person. Everyone on Woolim will just think we’re being competitive!”

            Dongwoo raised his eyebrow. He was still skeptical about Hoya’s plan. “What would we even do there?”

            Hoya smirked at Dongwoo, “We can watch them in person.”

            Dongwoo thought about it for a moment. He didn’t want to meddle in with the three humans’ lives, but he already did didn’t he? The fates do it all the time. It has been a while since Dongwoo had been down on earth. He looked over at Hoya’s hopeful face. He really looked like he wanted to go.

            He smiled at Hoya and took his hand in his. “Let’s go.”

***

            Sunggyu woke up to the doorbell. He turned over and groaned into his pillow. Who could that possibly be?

            He turned over once again and set his legs on the ground. Stretching, he stood up and yawned. The doorbell rang again and he sighed. It seemed like Jungryul and his father had already left. He slowly made his way out of his room and down the stairs. The doorbell continued to ring annoyingly and made Sunggyu wonder where everyone else in the manor went to. Is everyone off again?

            He rubbed his still sleepy eyes and opened the door.

            “Woohyun!” he yelled out, surprised, “What are you doing here?”

            Woohyun would be lying if his anger for Sunggyu missing their date didn’t disappear as soon as Sunggyu opened the door. It seemed like Sunggyu had just woken up. His eyes were still incredibly small, and Sunggyu’s cheeks were as puffy as ever. Woohyun thought it was cute, and for a moment, he forgot why he was there. But then he closed his eyes and remembered again.

            “For this,” he said, before taking a hold of Sunggyu’s hand and pulling him forward, pressing his plump lips against Sunggyu’s.

*****

Myunggyu shippers... don't kill me.

OTL

*Throws hearts*

tumblr_mdfmw34ryJ1rk7mtzo1_250.gif

Comments!

@sambam: i'm sorry for the end of this chapter then lol Myunggyu is still on the way though!

tumblr_m5001b49xZ1ruts7ro2_250.gif

@nasura_hecila: lol i have no idea what i would do >< i'd probably do what Jungryul did ^^ just because I'm a Wooyeol shipper XD

tumblr_mbjsaiozwO1qfs7tgo6_250.gif

@anenggyu: lol updated! hope you like it ^^ haha have you read Gyuyeol? it's crazy~~<3

tumblr_mfumqz7lJp1ryhatco1_250.gif

@seeshyh: i make no promises! >< lol but just so you know~ the fight for sunggyu isn't over yet!

tumblr_mhcxvdojg91r39d4io7_250.gif

@parkkimi: i hope you don't hate on this chapter >< myunggyu parts will be back soon~

tumblr_mhcxvdojg91r39d4io5_250.gif

@hanabira: do you think that hoya and dongwoo match here? >< i'm worried OTL

tumblr_mhcxvdojg91r39d4io4_250.gif

@kashleen: well i can tell you that Woohyun didn't feel lonely in this chapter lol

tumblr_mhun91SCVB1ql8oz9o5_250.gif

@dattebayo-go: Infinite's coming back on March 21st!! I can't wait! ^^

tumblr_mhun91SCVB1ql8oz9o4_250.gif

@cassiopeia501: are you serious? thankgyu so much!<3

tumblr_mhun91SCVB1ql8oz9o3_250.gif

****

Until the next chapter~

tumblr_mhun91SCVB1ql8oz9o2_250.gif