Letting Myungsoo Say Goodbye

Two Soul Mates?!

 

            Myungsoo widened his eyes. “Excuse me?”

            Sunggyu smirked. “If you want to pay me back, come be my assistant in Korea.”

            “B-but my mom…”

            Sunggyu sat down again next to the younger. “Though I’m not legally allowed to move your mother to a hospital in Korea, I’ll pay for your mother’s hospital bill while she’s here.”

            Myungsoo looked up at the man, his tears completely dry now. “No… You can’t. I’ve done all this bad stuff to you. Why would you ever want to help me?”

            Sunggyu smiled. “That’s why you’ll be working for me. I’m not paying the bill for free. Being my assistant is kind of a hard job…”

            He placed one of his hands behind his head, an embarrassed look on his face.

            Myungsoo was confused. “Why would it be hard? It’s just an assistant’s job right? Will I be cleaning and stuff?”

            The older looked down and chuckled, “No, you’ll be following me around all day. You know, bringing me coffee, picking out my clothes, holding all of my stuff, and driving me around. The thing is that sometimes I’ll have to be… a bit mean to you.”

            Myungsoo raised an eyebrow; he didn’t think this man was capable of being mean. Here he was, offering him an easy enough job to get rid of his debt when all he did was possibly ruin his day. When Myungsoo was watching him earlier in the front of the airport, his Japanese assistant seemed like one of the happiest people in the world. He even watched the little guy cry as he watched Sunggyu go through the gates. Myungsoo didn’t think Sunggyu had a mean bone in his body.

            “It’s just that my dad doesn’t like me being so nice to my assistants,” the elder explained, “He thinks that they’ll take advantage of me or something.” Sunggyu smiled and looked at Myungsoo. “But I’m sure you won’t take advantage of me. Right, my little thief?”

            He blushed and looked down. “Hey, I didn’t mean it…”

            Sunggyu laughed, playing with Myungsoo’s hair again. “I know. Don’t worry. Now go pack your things and say good bye to your mother and your friends here; I’ll call my father and tell him I’ll get on the plane later tonight.”

            Myungsoo looked at the man with an admiring look on his face. He didn’t know what he did to deserve this. He smiled and stood up, watching as Sunggyu pulled out his phone from his pocket to call his father. Myungsoo was awed at the technology Sunggyu owned. He seemed to be extremely rich. Myungsoo turned away from Sunggyu, taking out his old flip phone, looking at it sadly. He had no one to call. His mother was in the hospital and he didn’t have the time to go to school. With all the jobs he worked to pay the bills, Myungsoo had to drop out of school early- he had no friends to call and say goodbye to either.

            Sunggyu tapped the younger on the shoulder. “Hey, my father said it’s fine if I take a new assistant back with me. He was actually a bit relieved. He had my butler interview people for a new assistant for me since last year. No one seemed good enough for him I guess. My father has really high standards. He only allowed Hiro to be my assistant for the past few years because I liked having the little guy around. He went to this butler-assistant training school you know?”

            Myungsoo’s mouth gaped open. The assistant earlier- Hiro, he remembered- went to a training school to be Sunggyu’s assistant?!? He worried about his skills. Would he be fired before they even got to Korea? Will Sunggyu’s father kick him out the minute he saw Myungsoo? Though the conversation somewhat worried Myungsoo, he also wondered how important Sunggyu must be in Korea. He must be important in all of Asia, he guessed. He tried to remember whether he had seen him in a magazine or not.

            The elder laughed at the younger’s facial expression. “Yah, are you okay?? You look a bit shocked…” he smiled, “Don’t worry about doing well; I’ll teach you some basics. My butler can help you with the rest. Jungryul is really nice.”

            Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu with gratification. He was so happy and surprised to find someone as amazing as Sunggyu. He seemed to be able to read his mind. He didn’t even have to speak as much.

            Sunggyu took Myungsoo’s hand. The younger’s eyes opened wide with shock. Sunggyu then replaced his hand with his suitcase.

            “Let’s start practicing now Myungsoo! Carry this for me while I call up a car. I’ll take you to tell your mom goodbye and to get your stuff.”

            Sunggyu walked past Myungsoo, towards the front entrance of the airport. Myungsoo grinned in admiration and followed his new boss, dragging the suitcase he had earlier tried to steal.

            Once in the car, Sunggyu looked through his suitcase. Myungsoo was too busy looking at the luxurious car he was in. The seats were so plush and comfortable. There were drinks as the side and snacks in a mini fridge at the side. He pressed a button near the door, wondering what it would do. He flinched back a bit when it suddenly blew cold air at him. He pressed it again, giggling and hoping that Sunggyu didn’t notice him fooling around.

            He looked to Sunggyu and just watched as the man pulled out a suit and a tie. It was a suit Myungsoo had once seen in a store. He always went window shopping. He stared at the things he most wanted. He always dreamed of being a successful businessman his mother would be proud of.

            Sunggyu folded the clothes in his hands and put them on Myungsoo’s lap. The elder beamed at the younger.

            “Here, I want you to wear this see your mom. You want her to see you in fancy clothing right? She won’t be able to see you for a while… When her condition is better, I can have her be transferred to Korea though.”

            Myungsoo’s eyes widened. “Really? You would do that?”

            “Yeah, of course. It’s the least I could do, making you separate from your mother like this.”

            The younger looked down at the clothes on his lap, trying to hide his huge grin. He ran his hands along the cloth. It was as soft as he had imagined it would be when he saw it on the mannequin. He hoped he would fit it well; he was a little shorter than the older, as well as a bit skinnier. He didn’t get to eat much being poor.

            Sunggyu smiled at Myungsoo. He was so adorable. Sunggyu looked out the window. The car had slowed down to a stop; they were at the hospital now. The driver got out of the car and opened the door for Myungsoo, surprising the younger. Sunggyu chuckled and got out of the car after Myungsoo had stepped out.

            Myungsoo followed behind Sunggyu as the driver bowed and left to park the car. He walked up to the door, the elder following behind him.

            After changing into the suit Sunggyu had given him, Myungsoo felt the tears start to form as he looked over himself in the mirror. The suit wasn’t too long or too big, in fact it almost fit him perfectly. This was probably the first time Myungsoo had felt so good about his looks. He hoped his mother would be proud when she saw him. A tear escaped from his eyes as he thought about how this was the last time he’d visit her for a long time. He didn’t even want to think about what would happen if her condition were to worsen and he couldn’t be there for her. He shook his head. He didn’t want to cry in front of Sunggyu again.

            He sniffed and checked himself in the mirror again. He cried enough for that day.

            Myungsoo walked out of the bathroom in the hospital. Sunggyu’s eyes lit up when he saw him. He was waiting on the bench in front of Myungsoo’s mother’s room.

            “Yah! You clean up pretty well.” Sunggyu smiled.

            Myungsoo couldn’t help but laugh. He noticed that his new boss kind of looked like a hamster when he smiled.

            Sunggyu pouted. “Why are you laughing? I complimented you! I could take that suit away!” He jokingly threatened.

            Myungsoo just grinned, pretending not to hear the fake threat. He turned and walked to the front of his mom’s room door. He stopped, took a deep breath, and walked in.

            His heart hurt a bit when his eyes fell upon his pale mother. Her eyes however, lit up as she saw her son. She tried to sit up, just to wince in pain and lay back down again. Myungsoo rushed over to her, bringing her another pillow from the small chair on the side. He put it behind her back, allowing her to sit up without it hurting her.

            His mother smiled. “Myunggie… You look so good…”

            Her voice was weak and soft, but Myungsoo could still hear the love that it held. He sat down next to her and held her hand. He told her the entire story of what had happened that day (minus the stealing part). He saw the sadness in her eyes when he told her he wouldn’t be able to visit that often anymore, but felt a little bit better as she held his hand and squeezed it, reassuring him that she’d be fine. She told him again and again that she was happy for him and that she hoped he’d do well in Korea.

            She was happy that Myungsoo would be able to get off the streets- even if it meant that she wouldn’t be able to see him all that often. She wanted her lovely boy to grow up into a happy person. She didn’t want him spending his entire life looking after his sick mother. Myungsoo’s mom sighed quietly.

            Myungsoo looked up at her immediately. “Is there something wrong? Do you not want me to go?”

            His mother gave a weak chuckle. “Myungsoo-ah… Can… you call in… that man in? I want… to speak to him for a little bit…”

            Myungsoo didn’t ask any questions. He smiled and hugged his mother lightly, letting a few more tears escape before letting go and wiping his eyes. He whispered to his mother, “I’ll miss you mom… Take care of yourself for me alright?”

            She smiled as he pulled away. “I will… You too son… I love you…”

            Myungsoo felt like bursting into tears again. “I love you too…” He walked over to the door after hugging his mother one more time. “Goodbye…”

            He wiped a tear as he opened the door and closed it behind him.

            Sunggyu stood up when he saw Myungsoo. “Are you alright?”

            Myungsoo wiped another tear away and looked away from Sunggyu, wanting to hide his tears. “Yeah…” He sniffed. “My mom wants to talk with you.”

            Sunggyu raised an eyebrow, but realizing that Myungsoo probably wasn’t in the mood to explain, he walked to the door and into Myungsoo’s mother’s room.

            He saw Myungsoo’s mother, still propped up on her bed. She smiled when she saw him. She was happy such a kind man was doing all of this for her son. She asked him to come closer to her.

            He sat down where Myungsoo had sat a few minutes earlier. “Yes?”

            She smiled at him. “I want you to do a favor for me...”

            “Anything…”

            She took a deep breath. “Take care of Myungsoo for me alright? Even though he might seem childish sometimes… I want you to be by his side… For me please…”

            Sunggyu blinked at Myungsoo’s mother. He looked into her pleading eyes and understood. She knew that she wasn’t going to be able to live much longer.

            “Of course. I’ll make sure to always be by his side. Don’t worry…”

 

*******

Sad chapter TT^TT

I love you all!<3

th_shymyungsoo.gif

Comments!

@sam_temple: I'm just in love with your commenting. lol<3 thanks^^ & i agree. I always see Myungsoo as a cold character. I just wanted to have "L" not be here and just have dorky Myungsoo for this fanfic ^^ & yes! Power plays a huge role between Woohyun & Sunggyu~

th_tumblr_ljv3i3QZb91qafci8.gif

@foreveralone_dragon: I'm so glad! i hope you liked this chapter >~<

th_tumblr_lpnth1rO7p1qcx8dbo2_250-1.gif

@nammydenny: keke i love Myunggyu~<3 I love every OTP with Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun, & Sunggyu<3

th_Infinite-CLAPPING.gif

@crown_nd: I'm so happy that you like this! <3 I'll update mines and you update yours alright?^^ kekeke

th_tumblr_lk34vf1uG31qa0m06o1_500.gif

@cute_lovers: hmmmm. Interesting question... I haven't really thought about that yet... OTL. But i guess if i were to add into this story (which i might if enough people request for it...) I would have Sunggyu top if he is with Myungsoo & Sunggyu bottom if he is with Woohyun. Nothing in concrete yet! >~<

th_tumblr_m5p27pwtfT1qeuxge.gif

*****

Until next chapter~

th_tumblr_lpvdzzCAIY1qgdxdvgfhdh.gif