Dinner

Two Soul Mates?!

            Myungsoo was a little bewildered when he had looked up. Woohyun was there with his father, and Chairman Kim glanced at him with a slightly annoyed look in his eyes. Luckily he had looked away from him quickly. But there was someone else in the room. He was wearing a suit with a light colored tie that matched with his eyes quite well. He was taller than most of the people in the room, but he looked younger than everyone else, excluding Myungsoo himself.

            He stepped a little closer to Sunggyu, not liking how everyone was looking at them. They were probably all looking at Sunggyu, but Myungsoo still didn’t like all of the eyes. He made sure to avoid Woohyun’s eyes. He knew that Woohyun didn’t like him.

***

            Sungyeol continued to stare at the person behind Sunggyu. New people always interested Sungyeol. Woohyun walked up to Sunggyu and their fathers continued to talk, leaving Sungyeol and that other person out.

            Soon, Sunggyu was sitting next to Woohyun, and the person behind him had nowhere to go. Sungyeol watched at the man shyly stood near the stairs, watching Sunggyu from afar.

            Sungyeol saw the look in the man’s eyes and understood immediately. It was the same look he had been caught giving Woohyun at times.

            That guy loves Sunggyu…

***

            Sungyeol looked at the two directors and the two chairmen. They were so wrapped up in their discussions. Woohyun put his arm around Sunggyu, and Sungyeol finally had enough of him watching others talk. He couldn’t wait for the chef to call dinner. He actually couldn’t wait until the night was finished.

            He walked over to the man watching Sunggyu and introduced himself.

            “Hey, I’m Director Lee of Sung Co.,” he said, holding out his hand.

            The guy looked at his hand and then back up at Sungyeol in surprise. He wasn’t expecting Sungyeol to come over to talk to him.

            He reluctantly took Sungyeol’s hand and shook it.

            “I-I’m M-Myungsoo…I’m Director Kim’s assistant.”

***

            Myungsoo was shocked. When he had seen how Sungyeol looked at Woohyun, he could tell that they were friends and knew each other. There might have been something else, but Myungsoo didn’t watch that closely to know. They were friends for sure though. He was surprised how different Sungyeol was from Woohyun. Instead of cringing from the fact that Myungsoo was an assistant, Sungyeol brushed it off as if it was nothing.

            “Mind if I keep you company while everyone else is talking? I feel a bit left out,” Sungyeol admitted.

            Myungsoo gave a small smile and nodded. He wasn’t going to tell him ‘no’.

            The two of them stood silently against the wall, side by side, watching as the person in their hearts talked to each other.

***

            When the chef finally walked into the room and called dinner, Sungyeol was incredibly relieved. He was getting a little tired of talking to nobody. Myungsoo wasn’t really a talker.

            Sungyeol watched as everyone went into the dining room. He caught a glimpse of Sunggyu’s hand in Woohyun’s and Myungsoo’s saddened expression.

***

            Sunggyu and Woohyun sat in front of each other at the end of the table, and they were each seated next to their fathers. Next to their fathers were Sungyeol and Myungsoo. As the fathers both turned to talk along with their sons, they seemed to have closed off the assistant and the best friend.

            Dongwoo and Hoya watched from the window. Hoya was a little worried, but Dongwoo was at ease. This was the pairing that Dongwoo wanted. He found that Myungsoo suited Sungyeol so much better than Woohyun. Woohyun and Sungyeol were complete opposites.

            They watched as Sungyeol and Myungsoo stared at Woohyun and Sunggyu. They had eyes that were slightly lined with jealousy. Myungsoo felt more envy than Sungyeol though. Myungsoo was still pretty young, and Sungyeol felt that Sunggyu was better for Woohyun than he was. Again, Dongwoo and Hoya felt a little guilty, because they were the reason that Sungyeol didn’t have a soul mate. Both of them still wondered who his soul mate would’ve been if they hadn’t interfered with the soul mate choosing.

***

            Sungyeol and Myungsoo eventually stopped staring at the couple. They were obviously not welcome into the conversation. Myungsoo had stopped first. After a few seconds into the dinner, Sungyeol noticed that Myungsoo sighed quietly and just looked at his food. It took a little longer for Sungyeol to pry his eyes away.

            Sungyeol felt a little hurt. Woohyun hadn’t paid any attention to him ever since Sunggyu had shown up. At least Sunggyu looked back to Myungsoo every now and then, not that Myungsoo noticed anyway. Myungsoo was too busy staring at his uneaten food. However, just as Sungyeol was about to try and start a conversation with Myungsoo, the younger suddenly started to stuff his face with food. He was quiet, but efficient in emptying his plate. It surprised Sungyeol a little bit. The empty look in the assistant’s eyes was unsettling.

***

            Once Myungsoo ate almost everything in his plate, he looked up. He saw Sungyeol staring at him, and he blushed. He didn’t know that someone was watching him stuff his face. He didn’t like having to sit here with Woohyun and the two chairmen. It bothered him, and all he could think of was getting out of the room as quickly as possible. He figured that if he ate fast enough, he would be able to be excused.

            He looked into Sungyeol’s eyes and noticed that they were a little sad. However, after a few seconds, Sungyeol’s lips curved into a small smile. Soon, Sungyeol started to eat almost as fast as Myungsoo had. Luckily, he was also as quiet as Myungsoo had been. Myungsoo realized that Sungyeol was feeling the same as he was, and decided to wait for Sungyeol to finish, so the two of them could escape.

***

            Sunggyu sat with Woohyun’s hand in his. They, different from their parents, barely ate. They talked a lot about their business, but when it started to go into their relationship, Sunggyu felt a little embarrassed. He didn’t know Woohyun that well. But it seemed as if their fathers didn’t care. His father obviously didn’t care. Chairman Kim talked to Woohyun like he was already his son-in-law.

            When Chairman Kim and Chairman Nam started their own conversation about the companies, Woohyun and Sunggyu both sighed in relief. Sunggyu looked at Woohyun who rolled his eyes towards their fathers. Sunggyu let out a chuckle.

            Both of them didn’t really have an appetite. Woohyun had butterflies in his stomach, and Sunggyu just didn’t feel like eating. Sunggyu had looked back to Myungsoo a couple times during the conversation with his and Woohyun’s fathers, but Myungsoo seemed to have been focusing on his food. He wasn’t eating though, and it made Sunggyu lose his appetite. However, when he looked back the food on Myungsoo’s plate was gone. It made him a bit baffled, but he didn’t think too much of it.

            He looked at the man who Woohyun said was his best friend. Woohyun talked a lot about Sungyeol. Even though he didn’t look back to Sungyeol during the dinner, he mentioned him whenever he could. When Chairman Nam talked about their home, Woohyun mentioned that Sungyeol was sleeping there for a few days. When Chairman Nam spoke about their company, Woohyun chimed in saying that Sungyeol got to spend days with him at work sometimes. He also talked about Sungyeol’s family’s company as well. It seemed as if Woohyun really liked Sungyeol, but he didn’t know it.

***

            The night soon ended with everyone in the living room. Woohyun sat with Sunggyu on the couch with his arm around the other’s shoulders. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were lividly laughing at each other on the other side of the room, and the two chairmen seemed to be in a serious conversation. Woohyun glanced over to see Sungyeol with his hand over his mouth trying to contain his laughter. Woohyun smiled.

            Sungyeol always does this when he’s afraid he’ll laugh too loud.

            He wondered what he was laughing for, but then he looked at the direction Sungyeol was looking at. It was Myungsoo. Myungsoo was holding in his laughter as well. He didn’t know what came over him, but he felt uneasy. He had never seen Sungyeol laugh that hard. Woohyun had to admit, it made him a bit jealous.

***

someone want to hire me for something? b/c i need money for KCON and Infinite's concert OTL

tumblr_mop89tpbur1ss5hjgo5_250.gif

Comments! 

@negiramen: lol the myunggyu feels~ and really? i've never seen german tv so i can't really relate T_T OTL but thanks for commenting anyway c: let me love you~~~ *throws hearts*

tumblr_mp9bopNn011qa0m06o3_250.gif

@-yuri_crunchy-: WELCOME NEW COMMENTER<3 lol making up your own plot there~ XD and i know right. whenever i write out yadong parts i'm just laughing at the picture in my head XD

tumblr_mp4n8hCyld1ruji6vo4_r1_250.gif

@khenira: lol well you got the jealousy part right~~ ^^<3

tumblr_mdig7kDivL1r4tw7ko1_r1_250.gif

@crystalice: lol don't worry~ myungyeol won't fall in love....will they? OTL i won't spoil anything c:

tumblr_mo8ggwz0pr1r83k2po2_r1_100.gif

@gyuism: lol really? thanks so much!! i hope you continue to like this fanfic c: thanks for commentin<3

tumblr_mo8ggwz0pr1r83k2po5_r2_100.gif

@perfect_jongwoon: he's in the jungle in belize for a reality show ^^ i miss him T_T can't wait until he comes back(:

tumblr_mo8ggwz0pr1r83k2po7_r2_100.gif

@doseokyeon: lol don't hate me IAB!! i love you TT_TT OTL and i swear i'm giving myself feels too. i cannot with myself anymore either XD

tumblr_mp0gdsoAIo1s1c357o3_r1_250.gif

@hanabira: it's not that long TT_TT sorry~ but they'll meet again soon(:

tumblr_mpdlu2XxqG1rejkkyo2_250.gif

***

until next time loves~~<3 ^^

tumblr_ltnwchRKgo1qf7o8to1_250.gif