Why

Two Soul Mates?!

          Dongwoo and Hoya watched as Woohyun stood in between his father and his best friend at the door of Sunggyu’s manor. They were a little worried. The two angels were either excited or dreading the meeting between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. At that moment, Sunggyu was forgotten in their minds. Sungyeol was a little more interesting in this situation.

            Both knew that Myungsoo and Woohyun had feelings for Sunggyu, but no one knew how Myungsoo would react to Sungyeol. Woohyun hated Myungsoo, naturally; but Sunggyu and Myungsoo have not met Sungyeol yet.

            Dongwoo stared at Woohyun and wondered whether Woohyun knew what his best friend felt. He turned to Hoya, who was hiding behind a bush with him.

            “Do you think Woohyun knows?” he asked.

            Hoya’s eyebrows furrowed. He took another glance at the people waiting by the door and shrugged his shoulders.

            “Not sure, I don’t think he does. Sungyeol doesn’t look like the kind of person that would tell his friend that. I mean he did introduce Sunggyu to Woohyun in the first place.”

            Dongwoo sat down on the grass once he heard the door open. He looked at the other angel with a confused face.

            “Why do you think he did that?”

            Seeing Dongwoo sit down, he did the same. It was just Chairman Kim greeting everyone and inviting the humans into the manor. Hoya thought about what Sungyeol did, and he was confused as well.

            Why did Sungyeol introduce Sunggyu to Woohyun?

***

            Sungyeol stood nervously by couch that Woohyun was sitting on. He didn’t exactly feel comfortable where he was. He wasn’t sure where he should sit down. He wanted to sit down next to Woohyun, but this dinner was supposed to be for Sunggyu and Woohyun. Woohyun’s father sat on the other side of Woohyun. Sunggyu hadn’t made an appearance yet.

            “Sungyeol, why don’t you sit down?” Chairman Kim asked. He looked at the younger in a skeptical way.

            Sungyeol widened his eyes when he saw Chairman Kim’s eyes on him.

            Did he notice me staring at Woohyun?

            Sungyeol nodded and quickly looked away from Chairman Kim. He was incredibly intimidating. He didn’t know how Woohyun was so comfortable with him.

            Oh right, Woohyun’s marrying his son, he thought bitterly.

            Sungyeol looked around the living room and found a single couch on the other side of Woohyun’s father. He wanted to be near at least one friendly face, if not Woohyun.

***

            Myungsoo sat on Sunggyu’s bed. He waited for Sunggyu as the elder panicked about what he was going to wear. Sunggyu had found out that morning that Woohyun was going to come over. Myungsoo had informed the staff about it, but it seemed as if Chairman Kim had already done so. Chairman Kim told Sunggyu last, and the excited look on Sunggyu’s face hurt Myungsoo’s heart.

            He had watched Sunggyu change into multiple outfits that afternoon. It bothered him to an extent that Sunggyu cared that much about how he was presented in front of Woohyun. Myungsoo was wearing the suit that Jungryul had prepared earlier that week. It was fancy enough that Chairman Kim didn’t freak out about it when he saw him.

            Myungsoo glanced at the clock. Woohyun and his father were expected to come any moment now, but Sunggyu was still worrying about his hair.

            “Director Kim,” he quietly called out. Chairman Kim was in the house; Myungsoo didn’t want to risk getting yelled at again. He was already scolded this morning, because he had woken up a minute late. Luckily Jungryul was there to distract Chairman Kim with another task.

            “Yes?” Sunggyu said, standing in front of the mirror. He had figured out what to wear, but his hair didn’t seem to cooperate.

            “You look fine, really.”

            Sunggyu turned around with a smile.

            “Really?”

            Myungsoo felt his face flush under Sunggyu’s smile and gaze.

            “Y-Yeah, you look perfect.”

            Sunggyu beamed. “Thanks Myungsoo. That really means a lot, coming from you.”

            Myungsoo smiled and stared at the ground, playing with his fingers.

***

            Woohyun felt his palms get sweaty. He didn’t know he could be this nervous seeing someone. He looked at Sungyeol, a little curious as to why Sungyeol sat so far away from him.

            Sungyeol mouthed ‘you’ll do great’ with a smile, and Woohyun sighed in slight relief. Sungyeol knew how to make him feel better. Just a few words and his anxiety lessened.

            He wondered when Sunggyu would be ready, and he thought about how awkward the arrangement could be. It was like having chaperones on a date. He began to wonder why his father decided to do this in the first place. Would it really bring the two together if their fathers were there? It seemed more like a business dinner.

***

            When Sunggyu was finally ready, he looked over himself again in the mirror. He heard the doorbell and almost jumped. They’re here.

            He turned around and looked at his assistant with a worried expression. Myungsoo gave him a small smile.

            “You’ll do great Director Kim. Don’t worry,” he reassured softly.

            Sunggyu smiled. He hoped that Myungsoo was right.

            I don’t think I’ve ever been this nervous before. Why do I feel this way?

***

            Sungyeol stared at stairs, almost wishing that Sunggyu wouldn’t come down. He didn’t understand the feeling he had. He had liked Woohyun for so long, but he always introduced him to other guys, because he just didn’t think he was that deserving of Woohyun. Woohyun never showed any interest in people, but he was so interested in Sunggyu. Whenever Sungyeol had showed a possible boyfriend or girlfriend to his best friend, he was completely uninterested and indifferent. Sungyeol eventually got into a habit of this. It made him feel a little special whenever Woohyun looked past someone else much better than Sungyeol and just continued to talk to him. It made Sungyeol feel like he was special to Woohyun, considering he was one of the only people Woohyun hung out with. When he saw Sunggyu, he didn’t think much of him and just pestered Woohyun for the fun of it. He didn’t expect Woohyun to actually fall for Sunggyu.

            He regretted it. He regretted it a lot, especially now that he knew that their fathers were planning to marry Sunggyu and Woohyun together. It seemed that even if he hadn’t introduced Sunggyu to Woohyun, Woohyun would’ve found out about Sunggyu and fallen in love anyway. It pained him to think about this. It was like Sunggyu and Woohyun were destined to be together.

            Sungyeol watched Woohyun’s worried expression turn into happiness when Sunggyu walked down.

            The Fates are so mean to me, he thought.

            He looked at Sunggyu, and he felt his heart palpitate quickly.

            He seems more perfect than how I had described him, he glanced back at Woohyun, who had stood up, no wonder he loves him. I’m nothing like Sunggyu.

            Sungyeol stood up along with the rest of them and watched as someone else awkwardly stumbled behind Sunggyu. The guy was looking down, a little too awkward for a professional butler. His hair was slightly covering his face, and his had a smaller stature than Sunggyu. He was also less confident. When they reached the floor, the guy had looked up, and he looked right into Sungyeol’s eyes.

****

Can Sungyeol come back from the jungle already? i miss him TT_TT

tumblr_mp0pteDKgk1r83k2po2_250.gif

Comments!

@perfect_jongwoon: they met... lol they'll talk in the next chapter~^^<3

tumblr_mp0pfhniz11r2mivjo6_250.gif

@doseokyeon: lol the angst and pain<3 XD & they met in this chapter! and there will be more interactions next chapter(: hope you liked the chapter IAB^^

tumblr_moontiiXl71s7vmuoo4_250.gif

@hyc1999: thanks for commenting~ hopefully what you wrote will be true~ (;

tumblr_moontiiXl71s7vmuoo3_250.gif

@hanabira: oh thanks for reading them! ^^ lol "What Is Infinite" has some Gyuyeol too(: though i don't know what pairing to end that fic with T_T OTL anyways yes sungjong will have a pairing~<3 i'll give a virtual cookie to whoever can guess who it is lol maybe a little later i'll do that gif prize thing again^^ hmm i'm not sure if i'll do an lhyun, but i'll think about it! maybe if a story idea comes up with thier characters~ not sure yet though >

tumblr_mp1pwzIK0d1sp9gywo5_r1_250.gif

@forgethurt: yup! so both sungyeol and myungsoo found out that woohyun and sunggyu are planned to get married T_T & just a little moment! more moments next chapter(:

tumblr_mp1pwzIK0d1sp9gywo4_r1_250.gif

***

until next chapter loves~~<3

tumblr_mp1pwzIK0d1sp9gywo7_r1_250.gif