Service 101

The Consequence

a/n: I tried to write a few paragraphs at a time so the update might be a bit distorted...

 


 


Oh Sunday, what a beautiful day for relaxation or not?!

Jeongmin stretched his arms and yawned then glanced towards the other bed. Jeongmin sat up then focused at the bed across him, only Winnie the Pooh sat on Youngmin's bed. He looked at the clock on his night desk and read the time, it's 6:15am. Jeongmin washed his face then left the room. He heard sounds from the kitchen so he figured Youngmin was busy preparing breakfast.

"You sure wake up early."

Jeongmin muttered which made Youngmin glance at him.

"oh hyung, would you like some coffee or hot chocolate?"

Youngmin offered with a big smile and Jeongmin nodded.

"Hot Choco please."

Jeongmin muttered.

"Coming right up young sir."

Youngmin muttered then bowed at Jeongmin.

"Yah, what's this?! Why are you like that?"

Jeongmin said, surprised with Youngmin's actions.

"It's service. We happen to work at a cafe and we regard our customers as our masters. Later you will receive your training."

Youngmin explained as he prepared the hot chocolate. Jeongmin carefully watched Youngmin as he work skillfully. Jeongmin's eyes were filled with light and his lips curved into a smile, it's such a joy to watch Youngmin work like a pro.

"Hot Chocolate for you Jeongmin hyung."

Youngmin handed him the cup then winked at the hyung. Jeongmin gladly accepted the cup and took a sip. He smiled widely and gave two thumbs up after tasting the delightful cup of chocolate.

"Wow Youngmin, this is the best cup of hot chocolate ever!"

Jeongmin praised the younger and Youngmin blushed a little.

"It tastes like the one Mr. Jo prepares during Christmas. I really love his Hot chocolate!"

Jeongmin said before taking a sip of the drink and Youngmin smiled at him.

"I'm glad to hear that. Appa taught us the recipe."

Youngmin said as he cleaned up.

"Omo, then I'll have to marry you if I want to drink this all the time."

Jeongmin realized what he just said so he covered his mouth with his hand and blushed, Youngmin looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

Jeongmin muttered as he blushed.

"It's ok hyung. You're not the first guy who proposed to me."

Youngmin replied with a smile. The truth is, he was so used to these kinds of compliments from both males and females that he doesn't put malice anymore.

"really?"

Jeongmin asked  curiously and Youngmin nodded.

"Then who was the first?"


Jeongmin asked ang Ypungmin smiled widely.

"Kwangmin back in elementary days as a dare."

Youngmin said and Jeongmin gave a sigh of relief.

"I bet it was awkward."

Jeongmin said and Youngmin nodded.

"It was for a couple of days but I later accepted his apology. Apparently he only did that to get a Pikachu keychain."

Jeongmin burst out laughing at the reason.

"You have no idea how much Kwangmin loves that yellow pokemon and if he could marry that rat, he would."

Youngmin muttered and Jeongmin continued to laugh until tears formed at the side of his eyes.

"I'll wake up my brothers now."

Youngmin announced and Jeongmin gulped the rest of the hot chocolate then joined Youngmin. They knocked on Minwoo's and Donghyun's room before entering. Youngmin sat on the edge of Minwoo's bed then gently the younger's hair.

"Minwoo, wake up."

Youngmin gently muttered and the younger stirred in his sleep, stretched then opened his eyes.

"What time is it hyung?"

Minwoo asked and Youngmin answered 7am. Minwoo nodded before getting up. Jeongmin on the other hand sat carefully on Donghyun's bed and gave his brother a gentle tap on the shoulders. Donghyun opened his eyes to see a smiling Jeongmin then asked for the time. Jeongmin answered 7am and Donghyun nodded before getting up and walking straight to the bathroom to wash his face.

"That was the easy part."

Youngmin muttered as they left the room. They then knocked on the other room and both were welcomed by loud murmurs, Kwangmin talking in his dream about Pikachu muttering Pikapi endless while Hyunseong was murmuring about one punk who wanted to fight with him. Jeongmin glanced at Youngmin who sighed heavily. The two sleeping teens continued to murmur in their sleep, and if you listen catefully, you may think that the two are having a conversation with Hyunseong asking in his slurred speech and Kwangmin answering in his Pikachu language.

"Your twin sure loves Pikachu."

Jeongmin muttered to lighten up the atmosphere. Youngmin shook his head cutely then approached his twin.

"Wake up Kwang."

Youngmin said but Kwangmin answered with Pika.Pikapika. Youngmin who was used to his twin apparently understood the Pikachu language.

"Kwang wake up or else I'm throwing the pokeball."

Kwangmin panicked and was screaming Pikapi endless until his eyes opened wide. Kwangmin sighed as he saw his twin.

"Hyung, I'm in a middle of a battle.."

Kwangmin whined but Youngmin ruffled his hair. Jeongmin on the other hand was having word battle with Hyunseong.


"Say that again punk?!"

Hyunseong muttered like a drunkard.

"If you don't wake up, You won't see your precious little brother."

Jeongmin muttered in a deep low voice, threatening his brother who instantly sat up and opened his eyes. Hyunseong's eyes widened as he saw Jeongmin with a sheepish smile. Hyunseong grabbed his pillow and threw it at Jeongmin. The younger dodged the pillow and it hit Kwangmin on the face. Kwangmin instantly fumed with anger and threw the pillow and hit Hyunseong's face. But before they could launch punches against each other, Youngmin had dragged Kwangmin out of the room and Jeongmin calmed Hyunseong, apologizing for dodging the pillow a while ago.


"And he has the nerve go get mad at me? I'm pissed."

Kwangmin muttered as they left the room. Youngmin just shook his head as they walked towards the kitchen. Minwoo was already sitting on one of the chairs across Donghyun. The two was silent when the twins entered. Youngmin instinctively asked whether they liked coffee or choco.

"Coffee, black"

Donghyun answered and Minwoo didn't even need to answer. Jeongmin and Hyunseong entered the kitchen a few minutes later and Jeongmin nelped Youngmin preparing the morning drinks.

"I'll take care of my brothers' coffee, they are very particular with it. You take care of your brothers' choco ok?"

Jeongmin proposed and Youngmin nodded. The two prepared the drinks while the four just stared at each other, not wanting to break the silence. Then Jeongmin handed two perfect cups of coffee for his brothers while Youngmin placed a Mickey mouse and a Pikachu mug before his brothers.

"Don't judge just drink."

Jeongmin muttered then left the table to get the waffles and pancakes. The six ate in awkward silence with nobody daring to speak up or start a conversation. After they ate breakfast, the four went back to their respecrive rooms to take a shower and prepare for their training, leaving Jeongmin and Youngmin to wash the dishes.

"I'll take care of this, go and take a shower."

Youngmin muttered as he took the plates from Jeongmin, their fingers brushing. Jeongmin felt a jolt of electricity run down his spine. Youngmin gladly took the plates while Jeongmin left him with heart pounding fast. Oh dear Jeongmin was really falling for Youngmin.

.. 

The group left the dorm 20 minutes before 9 o'clock. The Jo siblings walked out of the apartment complex while the Kim siblings just stood in front of the gate and looked like they are waiting for something.

"You driver won't pick you up so you better walk fast or the bus will leave without you."

Minwoo muttered before catcning up with the twins. Upon hearing public transport, both Hyunseong and Donghyun got pissed, Jeongmin sighed and told his hyungs to just follow them. The six reached the bus stop just in time and they took separate seats near the back. The six then took out their respective music players and earphones and immersed themselves in their respective music genre. When they reached the April Shower Cafe, they entered through the back and was greeted by the cafe manager.


"Glad you are all on time. You three, go and change i to your u iforms and as for you younb masters,"

Manager handed out their uniforms.

"This will be your uniforms as instructed by Master Kim. You all know that you will be working in pairs so please get change and meet us at the resto counter"

The manager then left and the three Kims looked at their uniform with disappointment.

"Jeongmin, I'm gonna freaking kill you for this humiliation."

Hyunseong shouted and Jeongmin hid behind Donghyun.

"Let's just change, I don't want to stress myself."

Donghyun muttered and changed into his uniform, the other two Kims also changed into their uniforms. Then the three went to the counter to meet the manager and the other staff as they were just starting for the day.


"The resto opens at 10am everyday, the cafe opens a bit earlier at 6am due to our clients wanting coffee before they go to work. But since you are all students, you are assigned every after school, 5-8pm. Majority of the clients during that time are teenagers who would want to see our 3min princes."

Manager explained and Jeongmin asked him.

"Uhm, excuse me, since I am also a 'min' then I believe April shower will now have 4min princes instead of three?"

The manager gave out a laugh and smiled at him.

"Prove that you can be a prince. These three had worked hard to earn that tittle."

Manger muttered and Jeongmin nodded.

"I'll do my best!"

Jeongmin promised then looked at his two hyungs.

"I'll be a min prince and you both can be the Hyun princes of April Shower Cafe."

Jeongmin exclaimed and his two hyungs glared at him.

"You think I'll enjoy working here?! In your dreams!"

Hyunseong commented and Jeongmin shook his head.

"I don't care if you will enjoy working or not. Just remember that you are forced to work as per your father's instructions. And fyi, in here, you three are to be treated like workers and not as bosses."

Manager said then left them with assignments.

"Youngmin attend to the counter, Kwangmin and Minwoo do the serving."

Manager then left them and the other employees went to their respective places. The head waiter of the resto instructed his waiters for the days reservations and stuff. Youngmin led Jeongmin to the counter were a barista was already preparing espresso and blended mocha frappe for costumers.

"Oh Youngmin, you're with Jeongmin already. The other machine is vacant, you can train him there."

the barista pointed at the spare machine by the side and Youngmin thanked him before walking towards the said machine.

"Thanks Henry hyung!"

Ongmin muttered before getting some cups and coffee then a recipe book.

"This contains all the blends of coffee that we make here. Read through them and learn the rcipe by the heart. A good barista doesn't just serve good coffee, they serve happiness."

Youngmin said and Jeongmin smiled at him.

"You sure sound poetic."

Jeongmin commented then browsed through the recipe book. He saw something that caught his eyes.

"April Shower specialty? April Snow?"

Jeongmin read it aloud and caught both Youngmin and Henry's attention.

"Want to learn that?"

Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded.

"Oh, that's too advance for you, stick with the basics first then learn your way towards it."

Henry muttered, giving Jeongmin a pat on the back.

"Henry nyung is right, April Snow looked a bit easy to make but it's quite tricky in reality. Up till now, Only Henry hyung can perfect it."

Youngmin muttered and Henry blushed.

"Why?!"

Jeongmin asked.

"It's because he invented the drink."

Youngmin answered him and Henry blushed even more.

"The secret behind April Snow is the feelings that I put in making it. I made it with love."

Henry confessed.

"You're cheesy hyung!"

Youngmin blurted out, laughing at the hyunb who returned to his spot and concocted another coffee blend.

"Was he telling the truth?"

Jeongmin asked and Youngmin nodded.

"There was this foreign girl that visited around two years ago. Henry hyung was attending to her and he got fond of her. Henry hyung then asked her if he made it snow on April, would she go out with him. She agreed and the next thing Henry hyung did was whip up this drink."

Youngmin explained as he set up the espresso machine.

"Did she liked it?"

Youngmin nodded.

"When Henry served April Snow, her eyes were like diamonds shining and she was so delighted with it."

Youngmin continued as he grab a bag of freshly roasted coffee beans from a shelf.

"So are they dating?"

Jeongmin asked and Henry answered for him.

"Yeah but it's a long distance relationship. She's studying abroad."

Jeongmin nodded and smiled back to Henry.

"How sweet! If I get really better with my barista skills, would you teach me how to make April Snow Henry hyung?"

Jeongmin asked and Henry nodded then left to attend to new orders. Youngmin finished prepping up then made Jeongmin face the machine.

"Let's start"

Youngmin muttered then explained the parts of the machine. Then Youngmin taught him how to prepare an espresso. Youngmin pointed out that the coffee should be freshly ground and packed. Jeongmin listened intently and focused on operating the machine. After a few seconds, a cup of espresso was served and Jeongmin took a sip.

"Wow Youngmin, this is really good!"

Jeongmin exclaimed and Youngmin bowed and thanked him.

"Now you try it hyung."

Youngmin said and Jeongmin agreed. Jeongmin then operated the machine just like what Ypungmin did. He was focused on doing it right the first time and ended up with a perfect cup of espresso. Youngmin then took a sip of the espresso Jeongmin made.

"Is it good?"

Jeongmin asked and Youngmin gave a small smile. Jeongmin took the cup and tasted his work. Jeongmin shook his head.

"Why does it taste different? Yours is really delectable and mine is just flat and lifeless."

Youngmin patted him on the back.

"It's your first time but what you did is remarkable. It's just that you focus too much on getting it right. When you prepare the drinks, you must think of the person you are going to serve it. You must put your heart in it hyung."

Youngmin instructed the Jeongmin and the older decided to try again. Jeongmin breathed in deeply then thought of the person who will drink his espresso. A slight shade of pink creeped on his face as the person's face appeared on his mind. He then prepared the espresso just as he did before but this time, he was enjoying it. Jeongmin handed the cup to Youngmin with a smile and Youngmin gladly took a sip. He then gave Jeongmin two thumbs up.

"hyung, that was really good hyung!"

Youngmin praised Jeongmin and the older scratched the back of his head and thanked Youngmin for the compliment.

Meanwhile, Kwangmin was instructing Hyunseong how to serve the patrons properly but they just ended up arguing every step of the way.

"I'm not bowing to them, I am superior to them!"

Hyunseong shouted at the younger. Kwangmin puffed his cheeks and tried to respond calmly.

"FYI, right now you don't have the Kim Family backing you up. Right now we are on the same status so shut the up and just do what you are supposed to do!"

Kwangmin muttered then left him to attend to a couple of girls who just entered.

"Hello my Princesses, what can I do for you?"

The girls squealed as they saw Kwangmin smiling at them. Hyunseong was disgusted with his actions. Kwangmin handed them a menu and the girls each ordered a frap.

"Would you want Henry hyung or Youngmin hyung to prepare your frap?"

Kwangmin asked and the two girls looked at each other and then responded to Kwangmin.

"Henry oppa please!"

One of the girls answered and the other chose Youngmin. Kwangmin bowed and excused himself to get their orders. Kwangmin then approached the counter and handed the orders.

"Kwangmin, Jeongmin is also available."

Henry instructed Kwangmin who nodded. Jeongmin was surprised to be included earlier than expected but nodded nonetheless. Youngmin and Henry quickly made the frap and called Kwangmin to serve them. Kwangmin served the fraps to the girls who were oh so happy to be served by the famous min prince of April Shower cafe.

"Would you mind helping me attend to the clients?!"

Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong didn't budge.

"It's not my loss anyway, your name would be removed from your family registry and when it happens, I would laugh my off."

Kwangmin commented and Hyunseong grumpily followed the younger to the cafe main lounge. A couple more customers entered and Kwangmin motioned for Hyunseong to attend to the others. Hyunseong welcomed a group of girls with a frown and the girls were quite scared at him. Noticing the frightened faces of the poor girls, Kwangmin greeted them with a warm smile.


"Does he frighten you princesses?"

Kwangmin asked and the girls nodded.

"I'm sorry, This way to your seats."

Kwangmin muttered and made Hyunseong apologize which sounded more like a threat than an apology. Kwangmin led them to a vacant table and handed out the menu.

"Our barista for today are Henry and Youngmin. And introducing the latest addition to April Shower Cafe, Jeongmin."

Kwangmin muttered and one of the girls asked.

"Jeongmin oppa? SIA's Mirror Prince?"

Kwangmin nodded and the girl squealed excitedly.

"I want Jeongmin oppa! 1 Mocha latte for me please."

Kwangmin noted the order and the other girls started picking their orders. Kwangmin bowed at them then went to the counter to give the orders. Henry took the slip and happily announced the orders.

"Jeongmin-ssi, looks like you'll have your debut as a barista, a mocha latte requested under your name."

Henry said and Jeongmin became nervous.

"it's ok Jeongmin hyung, you can do this. Let me help you."

Youngmin said and Henry blew a whistle on them.

"You sure look cute together."

Youngmin gave him a glare.

"Hyung, I can't let him fail and disappoint his fangirl!"

Youngmin commented and helped Jeongmin with the latte. It was hard for Jeongmin to concentrate with Youngmin helping him bt he just controlled his breathing and before they know it, the mocha latte was done. Youngmin then fixed his orders and when Kwangmin returned to get them, Youngmin told him that Jeongmin would personally serve his creation. Jeongmin fixed himself then carried the tray towards the girl.

"Yumi-ssi?"

Jeongmin asked and the girl named Yumi raised her hand and gave a soft squeal seeing Jeongmin in front of her.

"Your Mocha latte, thank you for trusting me with your drink."

Jeongmin muttered then winked, Yumi could die happy.

"Please have a sip."

Jeongmin gestured at the cup of coffee and Yumi nodded.

"It's delicious oppa, Thank you!"

Yumi muttered and Jeongmin smiled, his eyes disappearing into a thin line.

"I'm very glad to know that you liked it. I'll leave you to enjoy yourselves."

Jeongmin bowed before leaving the group. Youngmin then welcomed him with a hug as Jeongmin breathed in relief. Henry then joined in the group hug.

"Great start Jeongmin-hyung! I just hope your brothers can be like you"

Kwanmgin muttered and the three looked at Hyunseong who was scaring the customers while Donghyun was bickering with Minwoo and the two looked liked Tom and Jerry. Jeongmin's smile faded and assured the others that he'll do his best and talk to his brothers.



A/N: I know that this is full of JeongYoung ~ Anyway. I was supposed to write the other couples bickering here but it will be way too long so HyunKwang and Dongwoo will be featured on the next chapter instead~ wait for it guys^^