You’ve gotten close.

The Consequence

A/N: Thank you for the support in this... It’s a bit hectic in life right now so I find little time to update. But hopefully I can update at least once a week or every other week. That’s not much of a wait for you guys I hope... (And since I only receive around 2-3 comments, I don’t think too many would be wanting/demanding updates from me.)








The six sat in the dining room and looked at their dinner, typical Korean dinner. However, it was surprising for the four that Kwangmin sat next to Hyunseong and the older didn’t seem to mind it. The two looked at their brothers and shot them a questioning look. “Youngmin shook his head as he told everyone to eat. “Hey hyung, you sure can eat without help?” Jeongmin asked as Hyunseong took the chopsticks with his left hand and ate “I’m ambidextrous Jeongmin remember?” Hyunseong answered and Jeongmin nodded then returned to his dinner.



“So, I’m just wondering if you three are really up for that contest this coming school festival.” Donghyun broke the silence and the three siblings looked at him and shook their heads. “Why didn’t you argue?” Donghyun asked and Minwoo answered for him. “It’s pointless arguing with Mr. Kim Heechul.” This left the older dumbfounded. “But he’s demanding something very difficult to you three, isn’t he supposed to be an educator who knows what’s best for his students?” Donghyun inquired but the three just sighed. “There’s nothing we can really do about it. I mean, Mr. Park would’ve said no, but the whole senior class already agreed on it, what more can he do?” Youngmin said and Donghyun sighed even more. “I guess you three will just have to endure it.” Donghyun uttered and the three nodded.



“But it’s plain silly.” Hyunseong commented and the five turned to him, wide eyed. “What?! I can’t give my opinion?” Hyunseong asked and Jeongmin burst out laughing. “It’s so not you hyung.” Jeongmin blurted out and Hyunseong snorted. “just shut up Jeongmin.” Hyunseong remarked.



“Uhm, I guess you can take a few days off until your hand is fully healed." Donghyun said but Hyunseong shook his head. "Not gonna bore myself to death. And besides, our consequence stated that we should be with our partners right?" Hyunseong asked and the five nodded. "Even though Kwangmin hates me, I'm still obliged to stick around." Hyunseong uttered and Kwangmin nodded. "How are you going to serve with an injured hand Hyunseong?" Donghyun asked and Hyunseong shrugged his shoulders. "Stand still and try not to glare at the customers." Kwangmin said and the rest nodded. "easy peasie" Hyunseong answered and they went back to eating.



"oppa-deul!" The girls welcomed the six and they were surprised to see the injured hand of the middle Kim. "Is Hyunseong-ssi ok?" one of the girls asked, careful not to piss the said person. Jeongmin was about to answer when the man in question replied. "Don't worry, just a slight accident at work. Thank you for the concern." Hyunseong said and gave a small smile, the girl squealed in delight, he was more handsome when he smiled. "Have a great day oppa-deul!" the girls said and bowed after handing the lunches. "So not you hyung!" Jeongmin uttered and the older just shrugged the brother off.



"Seniors it's a few weeks till the culture fest so the rest of the week will be for preparations." Mr. Park announced and everyone cheered. "Let's get cracking!" He added and the seniors dispersed into smaller groups.



"Hey, are you guys ready?" Sungjong asked Minwoo and he just sighed. "Do I have a choice?" Minwoo grabbed his bag and walked with Sungjong to the dance studio, the twins followed shortly. "So, we're going to..." Jeongmin started and Dasom handed them some art materials. "Help in decorations." Dasom smiled and Donghyun looked at her in disbelief. "With these? You've got to be kidding me?" He remarked and that hurt Dasom. "hyung, be nice." Jeongmin but Donghyun dismissed his brother. He then took out his phone and called his father.



"Hello Appa?" Donghyun started. "This better be good news Donghyun." The other line said and Donghyun sighed. "We are fine thank you. But I need your help. I know that there a lot of fabrics for disposal but can you donate that to our school?" Donghyun asked and the line answered. "Why would you want those scrap?" "School festival" Donghyun replied and his father agreed. "Ok I'll send them now." Then the line went dead.



"Let's wait a little ok?" Donghyun said and Dasom raised a brow. "I didn't use my money Dasom-ssi so don't look at me like I'm such a brat." Donghyun said and Dasom laughed sarcastically. "mocking the art materials then you dare say you're not a brat?" Dasom said and Donghyun was taken aback. "I don't think you two should fight." Jeongmin interjected. "Fine, let's see what you can do Mr. Kim Donghyun." Dasom uttered and Donghyun laughed at her. "Challenge accepted Dasom-ssi" Donghyun replied as he extended hand which Dasom shook before leaving.



"Why must you be all mighty and know it all hyung? You could've just followed their direction." Jeongmin asked and Hyunseong chuckled behind the younger. "He doesn't want the festival to fail. The stage decor is the highlight and with lousy auditorium, I'm sure hyung was just trying to help beautify the place, Kim style." Hyunseong answered then walked towards the door to get some fresh air.



"Hey Donghyun hyung, do you think Hyunseong hyung's a bit happy? He's usually grim about things" Jeongmin asked and Donghyun smiled but shook his head. "I guess it's a good thing." Donghyun uttered then followed the middle Kim outside.



An hour later, a truck pulled over and delivered spools of different cloth for Donghyun to choose from. The workers placed it inside the auditorium and left. Donghyun looked at the spools and pictured the different color combination to use. When he saw the vision, he instructed his brothers to help him. "Hey, do you need an extra hand?" Dasom asked and Donghyun looked at her then grinned. "Why are you suddenly interested Dasom-ssi?" Donghyun inquired which made Dasom blush. "I figured you needed help since Hyunseong-ssi is injured." She said and Donghyun nodded. "Sure, just grab some reds and we'll drape them on the center. Then the yellows and golds would be draped to frame the red. Let's make some badass center decoration and use the other cloth for posts and swags." Donghyun explained and Dasom nodded. "Hey, everyone. Let's go"



---

By lunch time, they had half of the stage covered in red drapes and Dasom was coordinating the design team for the badass center décor Donghyun wanted. They took a break and the Kim brothers walked to the same bench and waited for the three who came a few minutes later. “How’s practice?” Jeongmin inquired and the three shook their heads. “Oh I won’t prod any further.” Jeongmin settled and helped the three unpack the lunches given to them earlier.

“Seriously, these girls can open up a restaurant.” Hyunseong exclaimed as he tasted the lunches. The others looked at him questioningly then laughed out loud. "What's so funny?" Hyunseong asked and the 5 laughed harder.


...

The day went by smoothly; The design team was already envisioning the outcome of their hard work and Donghyun can't help but feel proud for leading them. After the last bell rang, the 6 went to their work as usual.

By this time, Jeongmin ad been learning fast and he was able to do certain drinks on his own and very confidently. Donghyun was the perfect gentleman and the college noonas increased; He was a noona killer as well. And Hyunseong? He's still the same, glaring and stubborn but he tags along Kwangmin like a lost puppy.

"Good afternoon princesses." Kwangmin greeted a Mother and toddler as hey entered and Hyunseong bowed as well. "What can we do for you Madame." Kwangmin said as he handed the cafe menu. She thanked him and browsed through the colorful menu. The little girl was inquisitive at her young age of four. She went down her chair then tugged on Hyunseong's apron. Hyunseong noticed the little one so he knelt in front of her.

"Is oppa strong?" She asked with her high pitched voice and Hyunseong nodded. "Can oppa give me a piggy back ride?" She asked then Hyunseong showed his injured hand. "Sorry princess, the knight got injured from the battle. But anything else she wanted to do?" Hyunseong asked then smiled. "You're cute oppa! Can you be my prince charming?" She asked and Hyunseong was surprised but smiled none the less. "Isn't oppa too old for Princess?" He asked and the girl shook her head. "Why don't I be your prince until you find someone your age?" Hyunseong proposed and the girl squealed, loud enough to get her mother's attention.

"Omma! Oppa is going to be my prince until I can find my own!" She then hugged Hyunseong, making him lose his balance and falling with his on the floor, the girl latching on to his neck and hugging him tight. "Wow, you lost your girlfriend yesterday and ended up getting one today." Kwangmin commented as he extended a hand to pull the man up, the girl still hugging him. THey both laughed and Hyunseong put the girl down on her seat. "May I know the name of my Princess?" Hyunseong asked, kneeling in front of the seated girl so that they are on the same level. "I'm Deedee!" She said and Hyunseong took her hand and kissed it. "Pleasure to meet you Princess Dee. I'm Hyunseong." He said and out of nowhere, Dee gave him a kiss on the cheek. Hyunseong smiled brightly at her then stood up. "shall I get Pricess Dee a strawberry milkshake with extra syrup?" Hyunseong asked and the girl smiled widely as she nodded in delight. "Wait a moment!" Hyunseong excused himself just as Kwangmin had taken the mother's order.

"How'd you know she wanted strawberry milkshake?" Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong turned to him. "Her mother was pointing it." Hyunseong replied and Kwangmin let out a grin. "Oh well, aren't you a ladies man Hyunseong hyung." Kwangmin commented and upon hearing it from Kwangmin, he smiled widely; how nice it sounded when Kwangmin utters Hyunseong hyung.

They handed the orders and the Youngmin gladly took them, handing one to Jeongmin. "Hey, aren't you supposed to rest Hyunseong hyung?" Jeongmin asked but Kwangmin answered before Hyunseong can. "Well he just got himself a girllfriend so he has to serve her majesty." Jeongmin was confused so Kwangmin explained that a little girl had a puppy crush on Hyunseong; both Youngmin and Jeongmin chuckled. "How cute hyung, you got yourself a girlfriend!" Jeongmin teased and earned a glare from Hyunseong. He then took the drink and served it to the princess.

"Please stay Hyunseong oppa!" Dee asked and Hyunseong looked at her mother and then Kwangmin. "go ahead, play with her since you can't really serve." Kwangmin said and Dee's mother smiled at him courteously. "Please stay, she's never fond of talking to people and it's her first time to actually interact with a boy aside from his brothers and father. It'll only take a few minute since her father would pick us up soon." She explained and Hyunseong nodded then took a seat next to Dee. Her mother took out some coloring book and and some crayons, the girl excitedly took them and started coloring away. Hyunseong was helping her, occasionally helping her with her drink and feeding her brownies.

By the time her father arrived, Dee was sleeping on Hyunseong's lap and her mother was smiling really wide. "Did I miss something?" Her father asked as his wife gave him a kiss; he arrived an hour late by the way. "She got exhausted playing with Hyunseong-ssi." She explained and Hyunseong bowed his head to acknowledge him. "Oh, this is a first, Dee isn't sociable around boys. You sure are special Hyunseong-ssi. Thank you for keeping her company." He remarked then took the girl and carried her to the car. "A little something for your help." Her mother said as she handed a small envelope with a note.

"for a Dee's knight in shining armor, thank you."

He then looked inside and saw a key ring with the jade pendant and an engraved chinese character. He inspected the character and smiled to himself, Dee was indeed a princess, the only daughter of the Chinese-Korean conglomerate.

"Hey, how's your girlfriend?" Donghyun asked and Hyunseong showed him the emblem. "You did not?!" Donghyun asked with big eyes. "Yepp, I made friends with Chairman Hong's only granddaughter." Hyunseong muttered, careful not to reveal it to the public. Donghyun ruffled his brother's hair in delight. "Great job Hyunseong, now I'm sure it'll be easier to talk to them."

 



---

a/n: a bit random I'm sorry. I didn't want to add in another character but I just thought a cute kid having a crush n Hyunseong is quite cute. Anyway, whether Dee will appear in the future depends on how things will unravel itself ^^~