Brotherly bonding

The Consequence

a/n: It's been months and I am sorry for not updating.. i kind of lacked inspiration~ writer's block has been my enemy T.T

----

It was near valentines day and Jeongmin was very determined to surprise Youngmin at any cost. So he made his way up the rooftop where Onew was residing. It was the older's dayoff so when he opened the door to a smiling Jeongmin, he couldn't help but return the smile.

“Hi hyung!” Jeongmin waved and Onew led him inside small house.

“ what can I do for you?” Onew uttered and Jeongmin sighed and with a faint blush told him his predicament.

“I wanted to make chocolates for Youngmin on V-day, Can you help me hyung?” Jeongmin asked and there was something in Onew's heart that swelled at the opportunity to actually spend time with his brother.

“of course, but we need to get some supplies first.” Onew responded and Jeongmin hugged him tight as he thanked him. The action made Onew very happy, he missed his brother to be very honest and he had always wanted to feel such skinship from him.

“Let's go hyung!” Jeongmin said and Onew nodded and grabbed his coat before going out to shop for supplies.

Jeongmin was 60% clueless on chocolate making; just because he can make some coffee blends doesn't mean he was a culinary expert. Onew chuckled as the brother stared at the shelf containing the array of chocolates, mouth gaping at the pretty sight at the same time pretty much clueless on what to get.

“What are you intending on making?” Onew saved him from his embarrassment.

“I want a heart with Youngmin's name.” Jeongmin uttered and Onew nodded.

“Let's get some molds first then you can decide what chocolate to use.” Onew uttered, leading the brother towards the aisles where the supplies where located.

Jeongmin was ecstatic seeing the colorful molds in different shapes and sizes. He took a few ones and his indecisiveness took over him so he pouted and showed the molds to Onew. Onew nodded and picked the heart shaped mold with a bow and Jeongmin happily thanked him for the help. After they got their supplies, they went back to Onew's house to make the chocolates.

On their first try, Jeongmin had left the water boiling under the double boiler, causing the chocolate to burn. The second try was better and Jeongmin was delighted with the success of melting the chocolates. The trouble was then during the molding process, Jeongmin poured a hot chocolate base to the mold where Onew already 'painted' with a different color for the designs to popout, causing the chocolate to bleed.

“Sorry.” Jeongmin uttered and Onew just laughed at him and ruffled his hair.

“It's okay, let's try again.” Onew replied and they did the process again and the third one was perfect.

Now what's left to do is to pipe Youngmin's name on the heart. After a few practice runs using parchment paper, Jeongmin was able to make the perfect lettering and in turn finished the chocolate.

“Thanks for helping me hyung!” Jeongmin uttered, bowing at Onew who took him into an embrace.

“Be happy Jeongmin.” He uttered and the younger nodded and then took his leave.

Onew sighed as he kept the chocolate for Jeongmin, not wanting to let youngmin know the surprise gift his brother would give the love of his life. He smiled to himself, at least once in his lifetime, Jeongmin had chosen to ask him for help, and in turn made him feel like to be a brother to him.

“Thank you Jeongmin.” He said and walked to his room to clean up.

----

“Where have you been?” Donghyun asked as Jeongmin entered the house.

“Be quiet hyung, I asked Onew hyung to help me.” Jeongmin said, looking around the house for any sight of his boyfriend.

“You could ask me for help.” Donghyun uttered and Jeongmin sighed.

“Can you make chocolates hyung?” Jeongmin asked and Donghyun went blank. “though so.” Jeongmin replied.

“really you made one?” Donghyun asked and Jeongmin grinned as he nodded. “You should've told me, I would want to make one for Minwoo.” Donghyun uttered and Jeongmin sighed.

“You already gave him the heirloom ring hyung, why would you want to copy what my surprise is for Youngmin? Why?” Jeongmin whined and Donghyun laughed and ruffled Jeonghyun's hair.

“fine I won't copy yours.” Donghyun then walked towards his room.

“hyunseong hyung!” Jeongmin knocked on his brother's room and the grumpy middle child opened the door with a huff.

“yeah?” Hyunseong replied and the maknae immediately hugged the older.

“Hyung I made chocolates for youngmin!” Jeongmin uttered and Hyunseong gaped at him.

“You?? why didn't you tell me I should've joined you!” Hyunseong whined at him.

“But hyung, you should have a unique idea of your own.” Jeongmin uttered and Hyunseong sighed.

“Hey, would Kwangmin like a picnic by the Han river?” Hyunseong asked and Jeongmin laughed.

“You are thinking too hard hyung.” Jeongmin said and then smiled at him. “He will be happy in anything you would do for him.” Jeongmin assured him and then went out of the room.

With that Hyunseong hurriedly grabbed his coat and went out to plan the picnic by the Han river, including the fireworks.

With all the preparations for the valentine day, the three brothers are oblivious to what the twins and Minwoo had in store for them on that special day. While they were inside their house helping Soyou with her chocolates for Sunggyu.

“Are you sure Youngmin hyung?” Minwoo asked and Youngmin nodded happily.

“Oh my gosh hyung!” Kwangmin embraced the older twin while jumping up and down.

“Aish, you three stop fanboying and help me in here!” Soyou reprimanded her brothers and the four laughed as they continued making chocolates.

----

a/n: well I wanted angst but uhmm not yet.. fluff for next update hopefully