Thoughts

The Consequence

a/n: Sorry this took so long to update…
I will steer away on the fluff for this one and give you a slightly angsty chapter. I’ll give you the fluff on the other chapters but for now, let me share my mild angst ^^

 


---

 

 

 

Donghyun looked out of the window and stared at the pale moon hanging low. He took in the silence as his roommate was fast asleep on the other side of the room. He smiled, seeing the peaceful kid sleep like a new born child. He chuckled but then his eyes turned dark the longer he stares at the boy; he doesn’t hate Minwoo per se, he hated himself instead.

 

 

Minwoo was someone he doesn’t deserve, Donghyun believed he’d done nothing good to meet the boy. He hasn’t said it out loud yet, but the kiss had made him feel something different; in a very good way at the very least.

He was a man, Minwoo is too, yet he felt like his heart had connected to the younger the moment their lips touched in their glorious first kiss (well it was his first kiss with a man so it’s still their first kiss).

He sighed , heavily this time, as he thought of how he could push the boy away from him and safeguard his heart, he hasn’t fully recovered from Hyorin to have it broken by Minwoo. But he wouldn’t want to let this little improvement on their relationship fade could he?

He knew his brothers would understand him when he tells them about how he liked the youngest but would the world understand too?

He didn’t think so, seeing how Jeongmin was criticized and bullied for acting less like a man.

He loved Jeongmin and he hated the world for hating his little brother. He swore to protect him from everyone, but can he do so when he too will be hated for loving another man?

True, he was thinking way too much but could it because Minwoo was making him think this way?

Minwoo…

Oh how cruel fate has been for Donghyun to meet Minwoo. But he thanked his fate for bringing the boy to him and clearing his mind.

Minwoo was a breath of fresh air to him and the boy’s charms had embedded in his heart and acted like scotch tape to bind his shattered organ.

He smiled to himself and closed his eyes; perhaps one day, when he get the courage to speak, he’ll declare to the boy that he like him.

 


---

 

 

 

Hyunseong was observing, rather, he was staring. He was focused on the figure in front of him, dressed in his Pikachu over alls and hugging a Pikachu stuffed toy.

 

 

He just don’t get the boy’s obsession with the yellow rat but thought about his own quirks and flaws. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes. He knew he’ll give in sooner or later, but until he can hold it in, he’ll keep his mouth shut.

The boy stirred and turned to face the wall, back now facing Hyunseong who pouted (rather weird of him but he did) at the lost of the beautiful view. He stirred too, facing the ceiling and imagining what his life would be if he decided to let it out, let himself out. He closed his eyes momentarily and thought about it.

The answer came rather quickly and it disappointed him. He knew he can’t let it all out and he’ll definitely hide inside the closet; he’ll stay stuck on a sink hole and watch the boy go on with his life after the consequence.

There was a nagging feeling for him to treat the roommate coldly again for hopes that it will extend the consequence but who is he to assume that their father would allow him to?

He tried to think of ways to avoid the boy, ignore his beating heart and just be the scary old hyunseong but decided against it. Perhaps these remaining months he can be close to the boy and just savor the moments as much as he could. Then when it ends, he can continue with the memories etched in his mind and heart.

He knew it, he wasn’t good at handling his love life.

 


--

 

 

 

Truth be told, he was frustrated.

 

 

Frustrated because his brothers had little moments with the others while his status floated on thin air.

He was hinting it, he knew the two older brothers are now developing certain feelings for their roommate and how lucky for them to experience these cute moments, from hugs to kisses. And yet here he was, receiving a friendship treatment which was killing him slowly and painfully.

The boy sleeping across him was beautiful, more than perfect for anyone’s standards yet he had the world’s greatest insensitivity. The boy wouldn’t even try deciphering the hints he had given him. The moments he had with him was those when he was being taught barista duties.

Now that he was capable, he was rather on his own; great.

And one more thing bothers him: Dasom,

The girl is pretty and witty. She’s the type to capture hearts of boys; if he was straight, he might have fallen for her but sadly, he wasn’t. She likes Youngmin too, and with his observation, Youngmin prefers the girls more than his kind.

He sighed and tried to focus on the twinkling stars outside and felt the need to cry. He was broken for nothing, he knew his tears are falling for nothing but he can’t help it if he could.

Would Youngmin return his feelings? Would Youngmin realize that I like him?

Thoughts swam in his brain and felt dizzy.

He closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Maybe in the morning, he’ll be able to know the answer to his own question: Should I pursue you Youngmin?

 


---

 

 

 

He gently opened his eyes and blushed at the sight of the older, back flushed against the wall, eyes closed and contemplating. The la was gorgeous, drop dead gorgeous and it was scaring him.

 

 

He liked girls, pretty, y and cute girl; Donghyun was not one but he wondered why he was attracted to him. Cupid must need glasses because he shot the wrong person.

Maybe it was the genuine Donghyun that attracted him, maybe it was the caring nature of the older or maybe it was his sweet lips. He bit his lower lips at the thought of him kissing Donghyun, a feeling he can get used to because he likes it way too much to deny it.

He knew it was wrong, he knew the boy in front of him was straight and he’ll probably look for hot girls in a few days. But he was his guilty pleasure and fate wasn’t that kind to send him instead of a her. But Fate, wasn’t it the thing Donghyun mentioned a while ago?

 


---

 

 

 

He knew the older was not yet asleep so he faced the wall. His logic wasn’t the best of state right now so to speak. He enjoyed the date, he wasn’t able to do it that often, but enjoyed feeding Hyunseong more.

 

 

They started off with a sour note but when he saw how fragile the older was, especially when he was heart broken, and how he opened up to him like they were friends, was something that caught his heart and made him look at the older in a different light.

Hyunseong was indeed handsome, but a bit of insecure and shy if you get to know him. He had this disgusting and scary grimace on his face but if you get passed that, you’ll see this charming prince.

He was irritated somehow that despite him bottling everything up, he tend to gravitate back towards the man in question.

Hyunseong was really something, and perhaps, just maybe, he could learn to face his fears and let Hyunseong in.

 


---

 

 

 

He’s not really sure if he hints it right or not: Was it just friendship or more?

 

 

He was close to Jeongmin, he wouldn’t deny that fact, but soemhow deep down he wanted more.

He knew it wasn’t intentional but the smile on the smaller but older’s face was just too mesmerizing not to tug at his heartstrings and effectively take his hear out in a silver platter.

But he doesn’t know if they would progress in any other way aside from being friends. He had hinted the older, flirted with him and such, but Jeongmin wasn;t giving him any indicator if he wanted him or not. He sure caught the blush on the elder’s cheeks but as far as anyone is concern, they had nothing between them.

Imagine his shock when Donghyun and Minwoo kissed, or Kwangmin fed Hyunseong (and not to mention the pepero kiss the two shared). Oh the pepero kiss; wasn’t that just a game?

But it frustrated him enough knowing from observing the others that there’s love blossoming among them like the first day of spring while his lovelife was close to negative fifteen degrees during winter.

He quietly sighed to himself and thought, maybe if Jeongmin won’t make the bold move, he will.

 


---

 

 

 

A/N: Just some short update to inform everyone about their thoughts. It’s some sort of breather to all those fluff.

I hope it’s not that bad~