Brother's sacrifice

The Consequence

 

A/n: well.. medical terms in here wont be accurate so forgive me for the inadequacies

----

 

Jinky pulled out his phone from his pants as a number he wanted to forget registered on his phone. He sighed before answering; he doesn’t want to talk to her at the moment.

 

“What do you want?” He asked in his most annoyed tone.

 

“Is this Lee Jinki?” A man’s voice was heard.

 

“Yes.” He responded, quite confused why a man was using his mother's phone.

 

“This is Seoul District Police, we have your mother in custody.” He informed Jinki.

 

“At what charges?” Jinki asked, not really caring about her.

 

“It’s best that you come down here, this is urgent.” The police informed him and with a sigh, he approached their manager and asked for an emergency leave.

 

He went to the police station as fast as he could, the sooner it is done, the better. As he talked to the front desk officer, another officer approached him and led him to a room where he found his mother in a shaken state,

 

“She is charged of  reckless driving resulting to physical injuries, homicide if the victim dies.” The officer informed him.

 

“He’s not gonna die!” Mrs. Lee shouted. “My son will not die!” She repeated and Jinki was confused.

 

“Sir, can I know the victim’s identity?” Jinki asked.

 

“It’s Kim Jeongmin, came from a fairly wealthy family.” He informed him and as soon as the name was uttered, Jinki was rushing out of the room and to the hospital where Jeongmin was admitted.

 

He was huffing and puffing as he approached the triage nurse, asking information about Jeongmin. He wanted to know how his brother is fairing, he won’t forgive himself if his dear brother dies; he was supposed to protect him.

 

“Jinki hyung?” Jinki looked at the boy who called his name and saw Kwangmin, eyes inquisitive while his arms protectively around Hyunseong who was already calming down.

 

“where’s Jeongmin?” He asked hurriedly and Kwangmin directed him towards the ER. Jinki gave a bow and dashed towards the ER where the others were contemplating on how to save Jeongmin’s life.

 

“Where’s Jeongmin?” Jinki asked and all eyes fell on him, why would he care about Jeongmin?

 

“Why would you care?”  Donghyun asked, not that he was being rude but more of curious of Jinki's reason.

 

"It doesn't matter." Jinki replied, eyes darting to the approaching nurse. 

 

But Donghyun caught on and he grabbed the older by the wrist and led him to a secluded area, away from everyone. 

 

"I will tell you what you need to know if you tell me what i need to know Jinki hyung." Donghyun uttered, eyes  staring straight into the eyes of the older.

 

"What do you want to know?" Jinki's voice was cautious.

 

"Jeongmin needs a kidney donor, his life depended on it." Donghyun stated. 

 

Jinki's eyes wavered, he bit his lip and looked back at Donghyun. He wasn't sure if he shoild confess it out right, would Donghyun be forgiving?

 

"I told you what you needed to know, now give me what I need." Donghyun uttered  and Jinki knew he was forced to say the truth.

 

"I am his brother." Jinki uttered, eyes looking down on the floor. "I am willing to donate my kidney for him." Jinki daid and Donghyun nodded calmly. 

 

"I will not judge you, for the sake of my brother, let's cooperate shall we?" Donghyun asked while he extended a hand, to which Jinki shook. 

 

They both went to the laboratory for him to get tested for compatibility. Jinki sighed as he was checked, the medical technologists attended to him and quickly ran the lab tests. He waited as the machine processed his blood samples. A doctor then approached them with the lab results, a smile on his face as he informed them of a positive match.

 

Jinki was asked to sign a waiver and was soon led to change into a hospital gown. Donghyun was the only person who knew of this secret and they had talked about it while they waited for the test results. Jinki had told him of his mother as the driver of the vehicle that had hit Jeongmin. Donghyun promised to drop all charges since Jinki would be doing something more than enough to compensate, Jeongmin's second life.

 

The operation commenced and Jinki was sedated. Before the world turned to black, Jinki was thinking of his deeds, that this will make him fulfill his role and duty as a brother to Jeongmin; though the younger may never know who he really was, at least he knows that he's done something for the younger.

 

The Surgeon made a cut and carefully extracted the healthy kidney from Jinki. He cleaned the organ and handed it to the other operating table where another team was now ready to transplant the kidney to the younger.

 

The doctor stitched him up and soon was wheeled in to the recovery room. When Jinki recovered from his anestesia, he was already in a room and he saw two persons inside. He recognized one as Donghyun and the other was Luna.

 

"Jinki oppa. Are you fully awake?" Luna asked in her softest voice and Jinki forced a smile. 

 

Luna held his hand and kissed it. Donghyun had approached him and thanked him for his help.

 

"Jeongmin, how is he?" Jinki asked and Donghyun smiled at him.

 

"He was transfered to the ICU after the operation but the doctors said that the operation was successful."  Donghyun informed him and Jinki sighed in relief as tears fell from his eyes.

 

"Thank you." Came Jinki's reply.

 

Donghyun nodded and took his leave, informing him that whatever they had agreed upon will stay and nothing will change. Jinki thanked him again and turned to Luna who was worried.

 

"I'm sorry." He said but Luna shoom her head and planted a kiss on his forehead.

 

"I am proud of you oppa." She said, smiling at him and carressing his free hand. "What you did is admirable, you had saved Jeongmin and your mother." She said, informing him that Donghyun had already told her the story.

 

"Are.. are you .. " Jinki found it hard to speak. "Okay with it?" He finished and Luna nodded as she cried.

 

"I love you oppa, i will accept you and your past whatever it is." She informed him and Jinki smiled at that.

 

"I love you too Luna. Thank you." He said and smiled through the tears.

 

----

 

A/N: so yeah... no one died... ^^