The Consequence

The Consequence

The morming sun greeted Mr. Jo as he stepped outside the Kim mansion and made his way towards his humble abode. Mrs. Jo had gladly welcomed him and served him coffee, like she usually do when the husband had his day offs. Mr. Jo smiled at the wife and explained to her what his master wanted. Mrs. Jo smiled and reassured her husband that it will work out and he doesn't need to worry too much.

 

Soyou greeted her mother and was surprised to see her dad visiting them, he usually takes the days off during weekdays.


"Appa, something came up?"

 

Mr. Jo explained to his oldest daughter and Soyou smiled back and assured her father that it will be fine; like mother, like daughter. Soyou ate her breakfast then left for her part time job.


A few minutes later, a young lad walked into the kitchen with half lidded eyes. He then took a seat on the empty chair while his mother served him breakfast.

 

"Thanks omma."


He then fully opened his eyes and was surprised to see his father smiling at him.

 

"Appa?"


Mr. Jo smiled at the son and gestured for his son to eat.

 

"Youngmin, let's have some fun today with your brothers."


Mr. Jo said and made Youngmin stop for a while and looked at the father.

 

"Today?"


Youngmin asked and Mr. Jo nodded. Youngmin placed his chopsticks down and hurriedly went to their room to wake the other two up and tell them the big news. A few minutes later, Youngmin returned, dragging two half asleep boys inside the kitchen.

 

"Hyung! We don't have work nor school today!"


Kwangmin barked at the hyung but stopped when he saw his father seated on one of the chairs.

 

"Appa?"


Upon hearing the word, Minwoo opened and rubbed his eyes, their father was really there with them.

 

"Eat your breafast and let's go out today!"


Mr. Jo muttered and the three hurriedly ate their breakfast. Mr. Jo happily watched the three excitedly ate their breakfast and thought to himself that everything will be all right.

 

...


"Youngmaster Jeongmin."

 

A servant greeted Jeongmin as he walked down the stairs, the lad ackowledged him.


"Where's Mr. Jo?"


Jeongmin asked and the servant politely replied.


"He's given the day off, he'll be spending it with his family."

 

"I see. Thank you"


Jeongmin replied before going to the kitchen for his breakfast. But before eve reaching the place, his father had called him to his private office, Jeongmin was confused and curious at the same time.

 

"You called for me?"


Jeongmin asked as he entered the office, his father smiled at him and motioned for him to take a seat.

 

"Yes. I want to hear your story."


Mr. Kim said and Jeongmin nervously shifted his gaze from is father to the coffe table in front of him.

 

"What you'll say won't affect my decision to give you three punishment but rather will make your punishments easier. I know that you had nohing to do with it as I've seen Mr. Jo's eldest son apologized to you, whilst solding everyone else. So tell me your story Jeongmin, and I'll tell mine."


Mr. Kim said confidently, knowing fully that his youngest would think twice about hurting his brothers, and if he could cover up for them then he would.

 

"You heard Youngmin, they fought over a girl. The three apparently work for a cafe and flirting is part of their fanservice. But Hyunseong hyung and Donghyun hyung didn't and wouldn't understand that. The green monster took over both Hyunseong ang Donghyun hyung and when they had the chance, they launched a fist fight. But we were all oblivious that they were twins, so Hyunseong hyung punched the wrong twin."


Mr. Kim nodded as Jeongmin ended his story.

 

"So your brothers were really at fault. I would want to make a deal, if you're with me then I can get him to love you back."


Jeongmin shot a confused look at his father who smiled at him.

 

"I can tell Jeongmin and I'm not against it."


Mr. Kim muttered and Jeongmin gave him a small smile. As Mr. Kim relayed the consequence, Jeongmin thought if he was that obvious enough to let his father hint his little crush. He shrugged the thoughts as he nodded for the last time and politely left the office. He sighed as this consequence would outrage his hyung and they would rather have their names erased from the family registry than accept the consequence.


--..--


Mr. Jo watched his sons play like 10 year olds inside the amusement park. He had missed his sons as he took care of three other boys and during that time he had wished that he could do these things with his twins and adopted son.

 

"yah Appa!"


The three called out for their father who walked towards the teens, excited to try out all sorts of rides and games.

 

"Pikachu!  let's try that and win Pikachu!"


Kwangmin squealed at the sight of a big suffed pikachu and Younmin thought how Kwangmin is such a er for the pokemon, even at their age. But they are twins nonetheless so when Youngmin saw the stuffed Winnie the Pooh beside Pikachu, Youngmin dashed beside his brother to play the shooting game. Minwoo joined the ruckus as he eyed the stuffed Mickey Mouse on the other side of the stall. Mr. Jo laughed out loud seeing his sons make such a fuss over stuffed toys but no girlfriends to give it to. After a couple of minutes and laughter later, the three happily carried their prizes, looking more like kids than teens, Mr. Jo couldn't be any happier.

 

But like any story, theirs ended too soon and Mr. Jo had told them that they needed to go home. The three nodded and Mr. Jo led them into a cab to go home. But the three was surprised when they stopped at an unfamiliar apartment complex, they gave their father confused looks.


Mr. Jo led the boys inside a roomy unit, with three bedrooms, a kitchen and a 4 bathrooms. He then motioned for the boys to sit by the couch as they waited for important people to arrive. Kwangmin was playing with Pikachu, attacking Mickey Mouse with a tail whip but the younger Minwoo didn't back out and made Mickey mouse do a bite attack. Youngmin face palmed himself as he watched the two play with the stuffed toys like three year olds.

 

The four went silent as the front door opened and four persons entered the house. Mr. Jo bowed at the people and led them inside the spacious living room. The three went wide eyed as they realized who just entered, Mr. Kim and the Kim brothers. The Kim brothers were equally surprised, lest for Jeongmin who knew about his fagher's plan.


"So I know you six were quite acquainted now so I'll cut the chase. This will be your consequence."

 

Mr. Kim announced and the five lads shouted what all at the same time while Jeongmin sighed.


"You'll live together for the rest of the school year, and you three,"

 

Mr. Kim looked at his sons then continued.


"You three will transfer schools, from Monday you'll go to Seoul District Highschool.. As for your allowance,"

 

Mr. Kim handed the six an envelope each.


"This will be your allowance for this month and for the rest, you have to work for it.Tomorrow, you will be trained at the April Shower Cafe. The Jo kids will personally attend to your training and I want you guys to always work in pairs. As for the pairings, I have decided that you will have to live with your most hated sibling among the brood."

 

There were violent reactions from the four, Youngmin was shocked and Jeongmin sighed even more, somehow he regretted saying yes to his father with the reaction from the five.


"And your roommates will be your partner for the rest of your consequence so I hope you'll get along and learn from each other."

 

Mr. Kim muttered and then left the six on their own. Mr. Jo then spoke for a while.


"You don't have to worry about food and bills, it will be shouldered, you just have to work for your spending money. Take care my sons."

 

Mr. Jo then bowed at the six then left them alone. The six were awestruck, what the hell just happened? For the three younger, it wasn't much of an adjustment but for the three older, it was a new world.


There they were enveloped in awkward silence, Pikachu and Mickey Mouse lay silently on the floor as they were abandoned after the Kims entered. Donghyun paced to and fro without any sense of direction nor destination. Hyunseong violently gaze at Kwangmin who returned the death glare. Youngmin was deep in thought while Minwoo was walking a marathon opposite Donghyun. Jeongmin looked at the other five then heavily sighed. Donghyun noticed his brother and somehow he sensed that Jeongmin had something to do with it. Donghyun approached the brother and asked him.

 

"Jeongmin, tell me something I don't know."


Jeongmin nervously smiled at the brother.

 

"What are you talking about hyung?"


Donghyun crossed his arms in front of him and stare at his brother.

 

"Out of all of us, you are the only one calm enough to accept this stupid consequence."


The rest of the boys gathered around Jeongmin and he felt like he was at the hot seat being investigated by the other 5.

 

"Uhm... I..."


Jeongmin started and the rest raised their eyebrows.

 

"It's better compared to disinheritance. You see, Dad had good intentions and he thought that if we all lived together, we will get used to each other and we will all benefit from it. As for the room mates, Dad just asked me who were the ones who didn't get along so I said Hyunseong hyung and Kwangmin then Donyung hyung and Minwoo. Youngmin and I shouldn't be included in this consequence but dad thought that if only the four of you lived together, the house will get wrecked in seconds. We will act as your buffer."


Jeongmin said and the rest violently reacted, except for Youngmin. A frown appeared on Jeongmin's face as he hang his head. Youngmin then spoke which made everyone look at him.

 

"I understand that you are all displeased with the current situation however, we should be the one complaining and not you four! Because of your stupid and childish acts, we are all stuck here! Anyway, just go to your rooms and change, I'll cook something to eat. And don't kill each other, I mean it."


Youngmin then grabbed the Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy and walked to his room. Name signs hang outside each door; Youngmin's and Jeongmin's room was the middle one. Jeongmin bowed at the four before going after Youngmin. Jeongmin knocked first before entering. He gasped as he saw Youngmin changing his shirt, white skin showing.

 

"I'm sorry!"


Jeongmin muttered as he covered his eyes with his hands. Youngmin chuckled upon seeing a flustered Jeongmin.

 

"Ah, you're not used to seeing other persons change. You have your own room back home?"


Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded before going to his side of the room and sat on his bed.

 

"I guess you'll get used to it. Any particular food your brothers want for dinner?"


Youngmin asked before leaving the room.

 

"They're not that picky in food."


Jeongmin replied and Youngmin nodded then left the room. Jeongmin's heart was beating so fast right now, and he just can't explain why but Youngmin was just so perfect. Then he let out a sigh thinking of wnat Youngmin's reaction will be when the younger learns that Jeongmin is in fact gay for him.

 

 


 

A/n: Here I am with an update... So they are all in one dorm now... So hopefully I can update this faster as there are other fanfics that I need to finish as well (and my sis Cellyne is like pressuring me to update my Boyfriend fics.)