Decisions

The Consequence

 

 

a/n: I am really sorry for not updating, been really busy with work deadlines. I will be writing this update in fragments (when I have some spare time) so the flow would be a bit off at some points.. Please bear with me on this one.

 

---- 

 

When they were allowed to visit Jeongmin, Youngmin was the first candidate everyone thought of; Everyone knew that Jeongmin would appreciate it if the first face he’ll see would be that of his beloved. Youngmin was led towards a room to change and get sanitized prior to going inside the ICU room, a precaution to prevent infection since the patient’s immune system would be very low at the moment.

 

Youngmin walked in and soon welled up at the sight of Jeongmin, the boy was motionless as an apparatus assisted his breathing and another monitored his heart. There were tubes and wires and Jeongmin looked like an experiment out of a sci-fi film which pushed the guilt in front of Youngmin’s mind; how undeserving of him to be called a boyfriend when he did this to Jeongmin.

 

He took steady steps and sat on the provided chair next to Jeongmin's bed then took the elder's hand and kissed it.

 

"I'm sorry hyung, this is all my fault." He muttered as he let his tears fall down his cheeks and wetting the hand that he held tightly. 

 

He wanted to believe that Jeongmin could hear him and would forgive him but he knew better that the latter would be impossible since the pain he had caused him was too much to be forgiven that easily. He closed his eyes and uttered a silent prayer.

 

"Jeongmin hyung, I love you so much." He said, letting out a choked sobbed. "I'm sorry but this is for the best." He said and placed a kiss on Jeongmin's forehead before leaving the love of his life for others to visit.

 

The moment he stepped out of the ICU, Kwangmin was already there to comfort him; they needed no words to know what the other was feeling, and everyone was already expecting the breakdown.

 

Everyone had theor cue and Donghyun made sure Jinki was allowed to see his brother. Mr. Kim nodded, he can't really deny the boy this chance as he saved his son and he should be thankful for it. 

 

Mr. Kim sighed as he gaze at his youngest, not his blood and flesh but hr had treated him like his own. He knew that it will taint the perfect life Jeongmin had but he wpuld rather break the silence now rather than male his youngest believe a lie. 

 

"I hope that whatever we had decided upon, it is for the best Jeongmin." He whispered to the wind and soon stepped out of the room to give Jeongmin time to recover.

 

It was all settled as he stepped inside a hospital room with a lawyer at tow. Donghyun and Hyunseong were already there waiting along with Jinki on lying on hid bed. Jinki i sisted that Luna should stay beside him and the Kim's had given him this right.

 

"I disagree to this." Jinki's mother shouted as she entered the hospital room.

 

"We do not need your opinion nor your approval. Mr. Lee Jinki is of rightful age and he has all the rights to decide for himself." Mr. Jung, the Kim's family lawyer said and it silenced the girl.

 

"An adoption is not possible due to age restriction but Mr. Kim is willing to take Jinki into his custody if he would be willing." Mr. Jung informed them as he handed them the papers. 

 

"You are to denounce your rights as a mother and will never show your face to Jinki or Jeongmin in return of your freedom. Mr. Kim will not press charges if you agree to their terms." Mr. Jung uttered and Jinki's mother crumpled the paper.

 

"You cannot blackmail me!" She shouted.

 

"Then i can file a restraining order!" Jinki shouted back. 

 

The room went silent as the mother and son stared at each other, eyes trying to intimidate the other.

 

"I only want what's best for you and Jeongmin." His mother uttered, tears welling up on the side of his eyes.  "I want to make up for the times that i had failed to be a mother to you." She said but Jinki shook his head.

 

"This is not what being a mother means." Jinki replied. "If you want what's best for us, then just let us live like we used to. You already have ypur own family,kids that needed you more than we do. Let us just live our separate lives in peace." Jinki said.

 

"Do you still hate me Jinki?" She asked and Jinki sighed.

 

"I cannot hate you completely, but what you are doing right now makes me despise you." Jinki replied and his mother nodded.

 

"I guess I over did it." She said, tears falling down her cheeks. "If I sign, would you forgive me?" She aslked and Jinki nodded.

 

"I will. And you will gain my respect." Jinki replied and his mother completely broke down.

 

"Then I will, if it means being a mother to you again, I will." She said and Mr. Jung took another copy and handed it to her to sign.

 

She affixed her signature and gave it back for Mr. Kim and Jinki to sign. Mr. Jung took the copies to be notarized, leaving the people in an awkward silence.

 

"Can I talk to my mother in private?" Jinki spoke to break the silence that enveloped the room.

 

Donghyun was the first to reply and led his family out while Luna gave Jinki a peck on the cheek and left the room to give the two their privacy.

 

The room went silent as the mother and son were left alone. Jinki stared as his mother let out silent tears. He sighed as he extended a hand to her. She looked at her son and smiled through the tears as she walked towards him and wrapped her arms around her son.

 

"Thank you Jinki." She uttered.

 

"You should focus on what you already have." Came Jinki's reply.

 

She detached herself and pecked Jinki's forehead. "I would like you to meet your brother and sister one day, Jinhee and Junsu would be delighted." She suggested and Jinki smiled at her.

 

"If fate permits, I will." Jinki assured her and it was enough for her.

 

"Recover well my son." She uttered and kissed his forehead one last time before she left.

 

 

"I will, you too." Jinki replied and closed his eyes. "You too Jeongmin." He sighed

 

 

....

 

At school, the five were restless as they still worried for the state of Jeongmin but the principal assured that Jeongmin would be able to graduate given his academic standing. 

 

Youngmin wasn't worried about Jeongmin's grades though, but rather, he was worried if  what he'll decide upon would be the best one for the two of them.

 

As he again stepped inside the ICU room, he held back the tears and gave the boy a kiss on the forehead while the electronic monitors beeped 

 

"If its for your own good Jeongmin hyung, I am willing to do anything." He uttered and soon, the monitor buzzed and alerted the nurses on duty, something is happening to Jeongmin and right in front of Youngmin's eyes.

 

Will he be okay?

 

---

 

 

A/n: well a bit short but then again I am busy so I just squeezed this update.