Conflicting Principles

The Consequence

 

 

A/n: i can't leave you guys hanging so..... an update

I am typing this out using my phone so excuse the typos T.T i have like

 

....

 

Youngmin was hysterical once the ambulance arrived and took the frail body and placed Jeongmin on the stretcher. Youngmin demanded to ride the ambulance, his hands holding the bloodied ones of Jeongmin. He placed a kiss on the back of the elder's hand as he muttered some prayer to save the lover's life.

 

"Don't leave me hyung. Please." He muttered, tears never seemed to cease as they neared the hospital.

 

Jeongmin was wheeled inside the ER where he was quickly assesed. "We need his guardian." The doctor said and a staff nurse approached Youngmin and informed him that they needed consent for the energency operation.

 

Youngmin nodded and drew out his phone, dialing Donghyun's number. He took a deep breath but when the line picked up, he felt his throat and lips dry and unresponsive.

 

"Youngmin?" Donghyun asked from the other line.

 

"Hyung.." he tried to hold back the tears but his voice cracked and that gave put the message entirely.

 

"Where are you?" Donghyun asked and Youngmin wasn't sure what hospital he was.

 

A staff nurse passed by him and he asked the name of the inatitution. She told him that it was Seoul District Intrnational Hospital and he immediately informed Donghyun.

 

"I'm coming." Donghyun replied immediately.

 

"Hyung hurry." Youngmin managed to say before hanging up.

 

Youngmin nervously paced outsode the ER when Dasom arrived with a bottle of water for him. She was already feeling guilty about her actions earlier that led to this accident but all she can do was apologize to Youngmin at this point.

 

"I am sorry Youngmin." She uttered making Youngmin sighed and gave a small nod.

 

A few grueling silent minutes passed and Youngmin saw the figures approached him. Donghyun immediately talked to the staff nurse and signed the consent form for the operation. Youngmin then tolf them what he knew and saw.

 

Hyunseong gritted his teeth and grabbed Youngmin by his collar. Hewas fumingmad at him, Jeongmin wouldn't end up in an operating table if he wasn't flirting with others.

 

"It's my fault!" Dasom shouted just as Kwangmin tried to pull the fiance off of his brother.

 

"I was the one who forced myself to him, Youngmin didn't do anything wrong." She uttered.

 

"Still he accomodated you!" Hyubseong shouted back.

 

"Please hyung, lt my brother go. We'll talk about it calmly!" Kwangmin tried to talk some sense i to him while Minwoo led Dasom out of the hospital to talk to him.

 

They met Donghyun as they made their way out and Minwoo explained to him hurriedly what happened and was happening.

 

"I am so sorry Donghyun-ssi. I..." Dasom apologized whole heartedly. She wasn't evil, she just wanted to confirm her chances with the boy she had been crushing for the past half of her life.

 

"I don't know what to say Dasom." Came Donghyun's reply. "It's best that you leave us to settle this among ourselves." Donghyun said and then gestured for Minwoo to her safely, seeing how shaken up she was after the accident.

 

Donghyun ran towards the ER where Hyubseong had landed a punch on Youngmin. Kwangmin was already crying and shouting and it did not take lokk for security to approach them.

 

"I'll handle this" Donghyun told one of the guards and with one strong pull, he had pinned Hyunseong on an adjacent wall.

 

"Stop it!" He instructed but Hyunseong was beyond angry at this point.

 

“How could I? He is the reason why Jeongmin is inside that damned room!” Hyunseong spat back.

 

Among the three siblings, Hyunseong was the temperamental one, but this was because he has genuine feelings. Donghyun understood where the brother was coming from, but could he hate the brother of his fiancé? And with Dasom’s explanation, would he blame Youngmin for actually trying to push her away? He glanced over to where Kwangmin was wiping the blood off of his twin brother’s lips and cheek.

 

“Yes, I know, partly he’s at fault but it’s not his fault entirely” Donghyun stated in his most calm voice. “But please, calm down because you are not helping at all!” Donghyun said and Hyunseong narrowed his eyes.

 

“Does Jeongmin mean nothing to you hyung?” The younger asked making Donghyun sigh.

 

“Jeongmin will forever be my youngest brother, and that will not change. But Hyunseong, please think things over, you are not only conflicting yourself but Kwangmin as well. He is dead torn with the two of you.” Donghyun tried to talk sense to him. “Please.” Donghyun said and Hyunseong wasn’t sure of what to think, will he calm down? Will he still hold the grudge and point the blame at Youngmin? Would Kwangmin choose him over his twin brother?

 

But even before they could decide, Mr. Kim and Mr. Jo arrived with Minwoo telling them what had happened. Mr. Jo immediately apologized to the boss, his head bowed low. Youngmin soon followed, kneeling then bowing at him; Minwoo and Kwangmin bowed their heads too.

 

“Stand up Youngmin.” Mr. Kim said but turned to face his sons.

 

“Appa, I am sorry.” Youngmin uttered. “I failed you.” He added and soon tears were falling down his eyes. 

 

Mr. Jo took his eldest son in a tight embrace and comforted him; he will support is son no matter what the consequences are.

 

“Mr. Kim?” a staff nurse asked and the man stepped and acknowledged her. “Dr. Park would like to talk to you.” She said and then called out the ER doctor.

 

“Mr. Kim?” He asked and Mr. Kim nodded. “Your son is in serious condition. His vitals are dropping and we would be needing blood transfusion.” He stated. “We had him CT scanned and fortunately, no cranial blood clots were detected.” He paused and everyone let out a relieved sigh. “However, he had sustained a few broken ribs and one rib pierced his lung. We are already working on it to stop the internal bleeding. He also needs a kidney transplant since his kidneys have been severely damaged. Kidney failure can lead to multiple organ failure.” He was frank and straight to the point; he needed to be since this is an emergency situation.

 

“A healthy human could live with 1 kidney, we only need one.” He ended and soon Hyunseong was already volunteering.

 

“You can’t” Donghyun stopped him.

 

“I can!” Hyunseong argued.

 

“No you can’t” Donghyun said then eyed his father. “Right appa?” He asked the man and Mr. Kim sighed and nodded.

 

“I’m sorry Hyunseong but you can’t” He said and Hyunseong was fuming mad.

 

‘Why can’t I? I am healthy and ...” Hyunseong stated.

 

“Because Jeongmin is not our blood brother.” Donghyun shouted at him. Everyone went silent, why is Donghyun saying that Jeongmin wasn’t their blood brother?

 

“Stop telling lies hyung.” Hyunseong tried to talk some sense into his brother.

 

“I am telling the truth.” Donghyun said bitterly, and Hyunseong can see in his brother’s eyes that indeed, this is a truth he’ll need to take in and digest.

 

“He’s not?” Hyunseong asked in denial; all his life he knew Jeongmin as his baby brother, he protected him and cared for him, he loved him and did the impossible for him. 

 

Hyunseong punched the wall next to him and it surprised everyone. He then walked hastily towards the direction of the exit while everyone was too surprised to act. “Follow him Kwangmin.” Youngmin urged his twin and the younger nodded and ran towards the fiancé, heart heavy and feeling conflicted with the whole situation at hand.

 

“Hyunseong hyung!” Kwangmin called out but the older seemed to be lost in his own thoughts, of his equally confused mind and conflicting emotions. “Hyunseong hyung.” Kwangmin finally caught up and as soon as Hyunseong turned to him, the elder wrapped his arms around him and let out the pain of his heart.

 

“Hyunseong hyung.” Kwangmin muttered as he rubbed comforting circles on the elder’s back. “I’m here for you hyung.” He said and Hyunseong wept louder.

 

“It’ll be okay.” Kwangmin uttered and pulled a little bit to plant a kiss on the elder’s cheek before tightening his arm around the older.

 

----- 

 

a/n: ahem… ready your pitchforks my dearies because you’re going to hunt down this evil witch for an author *wink*