Of suspicions and birthdays

The Consequence

a/n: backlogged sorry about it.. well it’s been really quiet for this fic so I am not sure if my readers are still there.. Anyway, I will try to end this series quickly seeing that I have nowhere else to go but write the ending. Hmm a few more chapters so hold on for a while.

---

The first snow fell and it lightened the eyes of Jeongmin; first snow meant something deeper than just romance.

“What are you thinking hyung?” Youngmin asked as they walked home when the first snow fell and touched his cheek.

“Just about something Youngmin.” He said with a small smile.

‘Want to talk it out hyung?” Youngmin asked and he nodded. They held hands and walked back to their house.

The walk was silent but comfortable. Youngmin can sense something about Jeongmin and that it got him a little worried. They reached the house and took off their coats. Youngmin led the older towards the kitchen and fixed his favorite cup of hot cocoa. Jeongmin gratefully took the cup and smiled as the bittersweet drink coated his tongue and soothed his worries.

“Thanks Youngie!” He said then smiled gratefully.

Youngmin sat across him and smiled as he gave the elder’s hand a gentle squeeze. “So what’s wrong?” He asked and Jeogmin let out a sigh.

‘I just feel weird. I kind of feel like I am being followed.” Jeongmin said and Youngmin gently nodded. ‘it’s just that every year since I was seven, on winter, I would feel like there’s someone following me and when my birthday comes, I would receive a gift from an anonymous person.” Jeongmin revealed and Youngmin gave him a gentle smile.

“It’s nothing dangerous though because they are just clothes or toys but it just doesn’t feel right.” Jeongmin finished and this time Youngmin released his hand and sat next to him. He enveloped him in a hug and hummed him a song.

‘Does Donghyun hyung know about this?” He asked and he felt the elder shook his head. “I’ll keep your secret then hyung.” He said and Jeongmin muttered a soft thank you.

---

“Have you found him?” A female’s voice echoed in the room where the boy sat on his bed.

‘No.” He replied and he heard clicking of tongue.

“Don’t lie my son, I know you’ve found him already.” The female said matter-of-factly and the boy just sighed loudly.

“So what if I did?” he challenged the female.

“I want him.” She said then hang up. The boy sighed as he ran his hand across his hair and forced himself to forget the reason why he was in Seoul. He knew it would be wrong to show himself but he needs to protect him somehow. He won’t let her get him.

“Jeongmin, I’ll protect you don’t worry.” He uttered and fell asleep.

----

“Good Morning!” Jeongmin greeted the staff and wore his apron before settling on the bar.

“Hey, you seemed happy?” Henry asked as he took over from Sunggyu.

“Yeah, well it’s snowing!” Jeongmin said and Henry chuckled. ‘Why? Don’t you like the snow?” He asked and Henry smiled and cocked his head towards the approaching figure.

‘Stupid Winter!” Christine grumbled as she stopped in front of the counter and glared at Henry.

“Here my love. Winter Sun.” Henry handed and the girl looked the drink and smiled at Henry.

‘You are cheesy you know!” She said and then grabbed the drink and settled herself on one of the corners of the café and took out her tablet.

“She’s just not used to the cold since she’s from a tropical country.” Henry explained and Jeongmin nodded.

‘Winter Sun?” He then asked Henry who smiled at him.

“The hot counterpart of April Snow. She likes it.” Henry explained and Jeongmin nodded with a bright smile.

“Hey, I was thinking, do you know a gift that a girl would like?” Henry asked and Jeongmin looked at him with a raised brow. “Christine’s birthday is this Christmas and it’s her first time celebrating it with me, I want it to be memorable.” Henry said just as Youngmin took his position.

“Candle light dinner?” he suggested and Henry thought for a while. “But that’s too common.” He added.

“Does she have any favorites?” Jeongmin asked and Henry nodded.

‘Yellow, Panda and chocolate.” He said.

‘A panda hoodie!” Kwangmin suggested as he gave an order slip. “It’s soft and warm and very cute.” He said then left.

“Okay, she might like it.” Henry said.

“can you bake hyung?” Hyunseong asked and he shook his head. ‘Well I was just thinking maybe you could buy a custom cake which looks like a panda.” Hyunseong suggested and Henry broke into a wide grin.

‘perfect!” He said then dashed towards the kitchen and asked Ryeowook if he could help him with the panda cake.

“So cute of him.” Donghyun remarked as he handed another order slip.

“You didn’t tell us what happened when you disappeared with Minwoo.” Jeongmin addressed his brother who grinned at him.

“I am not asking you details Jeongmin, so why are you asking me?” Donghyun answered.

‘Oh my God hyung what did you do to Minwoo!” Jeongmin exclaimed and Donghyun used his order slip pad and hit the younger on his head.

“What are you thinking huh?” Donghyun hissed. “We went to the cemetery and I asked for his biological parents’ approval.” Donghyun said then left them.

Youngmin was laughing hard, clutching his stomach while Jeongmin glared at him. “What?” Jeognmin asked and Youngmin gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“Stop thinking illogical things hyung.” He said then got some coffee and ground them.

“I am not.” He said then pouted. “Hey Youngmin, uhm where will you spend Christmas?” He asked and the younger looked at him and then smiled.

“With you of course.” Youngmin replied and it made Jeongmin blush a cute shade of pink. Youngmin laughed as he knew why Jeongmin was blushing. “You are erted Jeongmin hyung!” He remarked as he finished the cup and placed it on a tray. He then leaned in until their foreheads touched and spoke lovingly.

“Though I wouldn’t mind doing it hyung, as long as it’s you.” He said then leaned in to capture the elder’s lips in a quick kiss. He then winked and returned to grab a few more orders.

“Well I guess I’m going to look forward to Christmas.” Jeongmin said grabbed a few orders.

The front door rang and Minwoo ushered a female wearing a luxurious trench coat and carrying a Hermes bag. She sat on one of the chairs by the window and ordered a mocha latte. Minwoo gladly took heroder and handed it to Jeongmin.. Jeongmin, I’ll have you soon. She thought then sinisterly smiled as she watched the barista prepare her drink.


A/N: Hey there!! Sorry for the crappy update.. let me know what you guys think okay???