89 line special

The Consequence

A/N: I know that Donghyun is 89 line but I introduced him as 2 years older from Jeongmin so that's around 91-92 line~ let's just pretend that he's a bit younger than Henry ^^

 


 

...

 

"Hey guys!" Henry greeted them and Jeongmin looked at him; surprised to see his hyung so early. "Hyung, aren't you a bit early? your shift is in another 3 hours." Jeongmin asked and Henry chuckled. "It's 89 line special tonight Jeongmin so I'm a bit early." Henry said as he sat on one of the stools near the counter. "89 line?" Jeongmin asked and Henry nodded as two more faces joined Henry. "Sunggyu hyung too?" Jeongmin asked and Sunggyu nodded. "and.." Jeongmin said as he looked at an unfamiliar face. "Hello, I'm Jinki. People call me Onew and I work at the restaurant as Ryeowook hyung's sous chef." Onew introduced himself with a smile and Jeongmin returned the courteous smile. "Oh, that's why I don't really see you that much. All of you are 89 line?" Jeongmin asked and the three nodded.

 

"And they look alike right?" Jeongmin's heart skipped a beat as Youngmin spoke near his ear, scaring him and making him blush at the same time. Jeongmin then looked at the three and exclaimed. "Oh yeah you three look alike!" The three chuckled at how adorable the Kim maknae was. "Too cute!" Henry commented. "Well, we better get ready," Sunggyu said and the three excused themselves as they prepare for their '89 line special'.

 

"What is so special with the 89 line special?" Jeongmin asked and Youngmin gave him a smile. "You'll find out soon." Youngmin said as he finished an order. Jeongmin pouted but smiled afterwards. "Cliff hanger Youngmin!" Sungyeol uttered as he grabbed another order and smiled at Jeongmin. "It's really better for you to experience the 89 line special than hearing the story from others." Sungyeol said with a smile and made Jeongmin look at the door.

 

Jeongmin's eyes widened as a crowd started to form and they all took seats on whatever available. The girls were wearing some sort of kpop-ish looking headbands with 'Henry' 'Onew' or 'Sunggyu' written on it. "By any chance, is there a concert of some sort?" Jeongmin asked and both Youngmin and Sungyeol smiled at him. "It's 89 line special!" the two blurted out as the lights dimmed.

 

"Hello everyone." the voice said and the spotlight was then lit to focus a person on a mini stage holding a violin. The girls shrieked as Henry smiled and winked at them. "I hope you'll all enjoy our little show." Henry said and the girls replied with a 'yes, we will.' "That's good. By the way, three new faces went aboard with us very recently, I hope you'll cheer them on and support them as much as you've supported us." Henry said and the crowd was very obedient. Then Henry called the three on stage. "Everyone, please support our new barrista, Jeongmin." Henry said and Jeongmin introduced himself with aegyo, surely the girls loved it. "Our new servers, Hyunseong and Donghyun." The two bowed and flashed some killer smile; the girls spazzed at the handsome boys.

 

"Everyone ready? let's start the show." Henry announced as the three stepped off the stage. The music started and Henry started playing with his violin. The sound of Hery's violin was amazing and the girls were cheering them on. The other people inside wasn't really bothered with the screams and they were enjoying the music.

 

"Wow, Henry-hyung is amazing." Jeongmin commented and Youngmin smiled at him. "That's only a third of what they can do." Youngmin said as they returned to their station and took an order. "Really?" Jeongmin asked and Youngmin gave him a smile.

 

"After Henry played his violin, a sound of from the keyboard was heard, and the spotlight was focused on Sunggyu. "He can play the keyboard?" Jeongmin asked and Sungyeol nodded. "Yes, hyung sure knows how to play." Sungyeol answered and Jeongmin was impressed with Sunggyu's skill. "Hey Jeongmin, 2 mocha frap." Donghyun told his brother who was in a trance. "ha? oh ok." Jeongmin snapped out of it and attended to the order; Youngmin chuckled at how cute Jeongmin was, pouting when he was called in to do an order amidst the mind blowing performance of the 89 line.

 

"You guys ready to party?" Onew shouted and the crowd cheered on. The music played and Onew started to sing. "'Noona nomu yeopeo so." then the crowd sang for him "Namja ...." And he was dancing along, it was like watching a live stage from a Kpop artist, or even better.

 

"Enjoying the night so far?" Henry asked as the three were all together on the stage. The crowd was cheering loudly. "Let's all have fun ok?" Henry said and the crowd spazzed hard. "Niga mori jin da.." Sunggyu started and the girls screamed louder.

 

"Woah, this is so daebak!" Jeongmin was all smiles after their shift. "Barista show on Sundays, 89 line on tuesdays, are there any more surprises in store?" Jeongmin asked and Kwangmin answered. "KRY Fridays!" "Ooohhh it feels like V-day every friday!" Minwoo added and the Youngest Kim got super curious. "Really? who is KRY b the way?" Jeongmin asked and Youngmin answered for him. "That's for you to find out on Friday!" He then handed each an envelope.

 

"It's not payday yet." Donghyun said as he checked the contents of the envelope. "it's the centralized tip system. There's no entrance fee but the customers loved the performances that they give extra tip. Being the kind hyungs that they are, they wanted to share it with everyone." Youngmin explained and the three Kim brothers nodded. "So I guess every one has some sort of important role. It's a smart move." Donghyun remarked. " Donghyun and Hyunseong hyung can also perform!" Jeongmin said and the two glared at the maknae. "What? it's true!" Jeongmin tried to convince the Jo siblings who ended up laughing. "In Due time maybe they'll showcase their talents!" Minwoo commented. They waved goodbye and headed home.

 

“So how’s your girlfriend Hyunseong hyung?” Jeongmin inquired and Hyunseong showed him the key ring and Jeongmin was wide eyed. “You didn’t!” Jeongmin was bouncing up and down which made the three Jo siblings confused. “Mind explaining to us the meaning of that thing?” Minwoo asked and the three Kims shook their head. “Not fair!” Kwangmin huffed then pouted like an angry Pikachu. “Why so serious? Ok Pikwangchu I’ll explain.” Hyunseong said then walked to the kitchen to get something to drink. “He called you Pikwangchu?” Minwoo asked, surprised at the pet name Kwangmin received from Hyunseong. Kwangmin was surprised as well but laughed it off. Donghyun elbowed jeongmin and they both smiled when their eyes met.

 

“It’s the emblem of the renowned Hong Family; Better known as the Dragon Tycoons who controls majority of Korean, Chinese and Japanese market shares. They are beasts in terms of finances and many CEO’s have tried to made friends with them to have the edge over their competition.” Hyunseong said as they sat around the dinner table while Jeongmin and Youngmin served dinner. “However, the family is known to have seclusion tendencies as they try to avoid those types of people. Their family values trust and only a handful of people have been able to gain it.” Hyunseong paused to grab his chopsticks and eat.

 

“The Hong Family has been known to have several male heirs to their numerous businesses and only a handful of ladies were born into the family. These ladies have been shiny baits for males all over the globe, which made them seclude themselves even more.” Donghyun added. “And Ms. Dee is currently the only granddaughter of Chairman Hong. She is very important to the conglomerate and she is treated as their princess. However, true to their family values, they are raised as normal kids who know how to distinguish people’s character.” Hyunseong finished.

 

”So that means, by treating her well, you’ve earned Hong Family’s trust?” Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong nodded. “So you knew her from the start?” Kwangmin asked again and Hyunseong shook his head. “The Hong family doesn’t really reveal themselves as grandeur socialites. They dress quite normally when they go out and their pictures aren’t really publicized unless you are managing the businesses. It’s one of their tactics. Earlier, I didn’t know who she was until I was given the emblem.” Hyunseong explained and the three Jo siblings were wide eyed.

 

“Then that means, Ms. Dee found you to have good character?” Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t pretend hyung, you’re a really sweet guy!” Jeongmin commented and received a glare from the older. “Well, if Ms. Dee was raised to distinguish a person’s character then surely, she found you to be a good person.” Kwangmin said and it somehow made Hyunseong blush and he tried to hide it; but Donghyun and Jeongmin noticed it.

 

“Then does that mean, you now have a link to the Hong Family and you can use it to your advantage?” Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded. “Yeah, dad has been trying his best to contact them as we are expanding businesses here in Korea. They are a powerful investor and if we can get them, it’ll be a very huge venture.” Jeongmin said and the others nodded. “But we’re not going to deliberately use Ms. Dee as a stepping stone. Besides, Hyunseong is Ms. Dee’s Prince Charming.” Donghyun said and they burst out laughing. “At least someone likes me!” Hyunseong muttered to himself but Kwangmin definitely heard it and smiled to himself.


a/n: another random scene but hopefully it’s enough of an update for you guys~

I’ll be a bit busy in the coming weeks but then long weekends are coming up so I guess I can work on something on those days~