it will be okay

The Consequence

 

 

A/N: sorry guys.. been so busy lately so updates has been hard T.T

 

....

 

Youngmin stepped out of the ICU and his body was shaking.  He had such a fright seeing Jeongmin's body react in such a way that his heart clenched remembering the image of the older. He took quick breaths a he tried to calm down but it took a while, the doctor specifically, to make him at ease.

 

"Jeongmin is awake, he is past the danger pount and will soon recover." The doctor informed him and the smile on his face appeared, bright and happy.

 

He called Donghyun and soon after, everyone gathered around him. They were loud and they were talking all at the same time, giving Youngmin a headache but one smile and everyone knew the good news.

 

"He'll make it." Youngmin uttered and everyone celebrated the good news.

 

The next couple of days, Jeongmin was drifting in and out of conciousness which the doctors said was normal. His breathing became better and the doctors advised that he could breathe on his own after a few more days. The prognosis was better and everyone was in good spirits, Jeongmin will be okay.

 

"Hey hyung." Kwangmin ribbed his brother lightly and the older looked at his twin. "You are thinking deeply." He remarked and Youngmin nodded.

 

"I just..." Youngmin paused to look up at the starry sky, the winter spell begining to melt away as spring is pushing its way towards Seoul. "I don't know how I will face Jeongmin hyung now." He said and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"Must be hard huh?" Kwangmin asked and he nodded. "Sorry I can't give you an answer." Kwangmin replied and Youngmin smiled at him.

 

"It's not a big deal. How's Hyunseong hyung  and his grades?" Youngmin asked back and Kwangmin sighed.

 

"He'll graduate don't worry about it. He's not even dumb, just got backlogged." Kwangmin shrugged. "Heard that Jinki hyung will be moving in the Kim Mansion after his release." Kwangmin added and Youngmin nodded.

 

"He deserves a good life after all." Youngmin said and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"Just not sure how Jeongmin will take it when theu reveal this." Kwangmin said.

 

"I hope he takes it well." Youngmin uttered.

 

 

The way to recovery was hard but very much worth it. In a few days time, the respirator was removed and Jeongmin needed only an oxygen tank. The dosage of his medicines were reduced and his visitors can communicate with him. The first question he asked was where is Youngmin.

 

"College interview." Donghyun uttered and Jeongmin nodded.

 

Jeongmin has missed the younger, despite being hurt by him, he still loved him way too much to forget about him. Later that afternoon, Dasom visited him and explained everything, muttering endless apologies and shedding genuine tears indicating her sincere feelings towards the misunderstanding she caused.

 

"It's okay." Jeongmin said with difficulty, smiling back at the girl and feeling his heart lighter, knowing that Youngmin loved him just as mush as he did. He was content with it.

 

When Mr. Kim had deemed that Jeongmin could take the news, he had gathered his courage and decided to break the news. With a lot of determination, he greeted his youngest.

 

"Jeongmin."  He said and the boy looked at his father. "Whatever I will tell you today, I want you to remember that nothing will change with how much I love you." He added and then took a deep breath. 

 

He ran a hand on Jeongmin's hair and smiled at him bitterly. "Jeongmin my son, when you were given to us, you were the best miracle that we received and up till now we are grateful for having you." Mr. Kim said.

 

"I am grateful too appa." Jeongmin replied making Mr. Kim smile.

 

"But Jeongmin, you are not from us biologically, our son by paper but not from chilbirth." Mr. Kim broke the news and Jeongmin bit back a surge of emotions. "I am sorry my son for I kept you in the dark about this, about your identity and your background. But I loved you like a real son and nothing will change that fact." Mr. Kim was tearing up and Jeongmin let out his tears, too surprised to speak or react.

 

Mr. Kim kissed his son's forehead and hugged him gently. "I love you Jeongmin." He repeated and soon he felt Jeongmin returned the embrace and they shared the warmth of each other, of genuine love and care despite bot being blood related.

 

"If you are not my biological father and both Donghyun and Hyunseong hyung aren't my blood brothers, then who donated their kidney for me?" Jeongmin asked, curious as he was inforned that his survival was highly due to the kodney transplant he received.

 

"We found him and he'll be living with us." Mr. Kim informed him.

 

"You adopted him as well?" Jeongmin asked and Mr. Kim gave him a smile.

 

"Legal custody to be legally correct and he's outside." Mr. Kim said and Jeongmin nodded. "I'll go get him." Mr. Kim said and left the son for a while. 

 

Jeongmin pondered deeply on the words of his father but felt that he needed not to hold it against him. Up to this day he was showered with love, care and protection that he could only feel grateful tha the was adopted by good people and that his brothers had loved him. He was excited to know his blood brother though and ask him questions. But was he ready to face him? As the door of his room opened, he looked at the person and his mouth gaped to see a familiar face.

 

"Jinki hyung?" Jeobgmin exclaimed and the older nodded 

 

"Hey Jeongmin." He uttered.

 

"You are my brother?" He asked and Jinki nodded.

 

The tears once again fell from Jeongmin's eyes, and why he was emotional was a surprise to him but he felt the connection with Jinki and the man had always been good to him, it was a plus that he was his true bother.

 

Jeongmin gestured for Jinki to come closer which the older obliged and aoon, jeongmin was embracing his brother and crying out his heart, ib relief, gladness, anxiousness and every emotion tjat surged theough him at the moment. He muttered his thank you for saving him and despite the short time that he had known the truth, Jeongmin had felt safe and secure in his brother's arms.

 

"I'm sorry Jeongmin, I wasn't able to protect you." Jinki uttered but Jeongmin begged to differ.

 

"You had saved me and given me a second life, I couldn't ask for more hyung." Jeongmin replied and Jinki smiled as his tears fell. He kissed the top of Jeongmin's head and held him tighter; it went well after all.

 

And perhaps, everything will be okay from now on.

 

....

 

 

A/N: we are nearing the end yay!!!!