Rejection

The Consequence

a/n: Hey there.. So sorry if this was very long overdue. I was caught up with a lot of stuff. Oh I just realized that this fic is a year old XD oh my gosh I am very sorry that it took this long but I will try to end it sooner~ please bear with it for a while.

And Now I will give you the story twists so that we could end the series and I will have to update my long forgotten other BF Fic.. (And my upcoming SJ-SHINee-Infinite-BF fic that is still in the drawing board ^^)

Just think of this as a time skip to December since November is pretty much a boring month XD lol


Hyunseong felt that he had definitely changed. It’s been 2 months into the consequence and a lot had happened since then: he had caught his ex-girlfriend cheating, injured his knuckles, accepted his fangirls, Donghyun broke his leg, enjoyed a date with a brave girl and fell in love again.

The last part wasn’t particularly true as he was still denying that feeling of liking the roommate addicted to the yellow rat. Hyunseong wasn’t really sure why his orientation had shifted way off just by spending so much time with such a weird freak of a roommate. But Jeongmin was swinging the other way, so he too could possibly be okay to swing in that direction right?

But there was this nagging feeling that he shouldn’t let his guard down and that he should just keep the young lad away from him, he’ll just end up hurting the poor boy more than make him happy. Hyunseong knew how simple Kwangmin was and how easy he was to read but there is one thing that Hyunseong was avoiding since that day his heart beat went crazy just by the sight of the young lad.

The truth is, he was just afraid to get his heart broken again; Bora had made it a point to scar him deeper than the Marianas Trench.

He led a couple of girls to their seats and asked for their orders. The girls were all glad and squealing as the handsome waiter took their orders. HE wore a smile and was happily serving them before leaving and attending to others.

At the other side of the café, Kwangmin looked on with a proud smile on his face; Hyunseong had indeed changed for the better. His hopes were up and the cheerful glow surrounded him as he served the different customers at the April Shower Café.

A familiar face entered the place and Kwangmin was even smiling widely as his sister stepped in her dress, one of the rare times his noona would fix herself to be that much presentable.

‘Looking good Noona, impressing someone in particular?” Kwangmin teased and Soyou shoved her elbow on his stomach which earned a yelp from the younger.

“Oh Soyou! You’re early.” Sunggyu waved as he finished a honey caramel mint frappucino. “Wow you look like an angel!” Sunggyu remarked and was smiling that made his eyes turn into slits while Soyou blushed.

“Really greasy Sunggyu!” Henry remarked who gave Soyou a thumbs up before returning to his stash of orders.

Sunggyu finished his orders and served Soyou his specialty before they walked out of the café for their date.

“Wow, Noona’s blooming and it’s not even spring yet!” Minwoo remarked and Donghyun chuckled next to him. “I told you that you can have the day off!” Minwoo reprimanded the older who sighed and ruffled Minwoo’s hair.

“I am okay now. I have been resting for a very long time now so just let me work okay?” Donghyun said and Minwoo sighed defeated.

The six were all okay by now and there have been no more huge arguments that was life threatening. On the contrary, it was more of the siblings arguing instead of the roommates.

‘I did not!” Minwoo shouted and Kwangmin crossed his arms across his chest.

“You did! Just give it back!” Kwangmin shouted back.

“He said he didn’t take it!” Donghyun defended Minwoo.

“But no one was here but him!” Hyunseong aided Kwangmin.

The four was actually fighting over a lost remote control which was now safely in the palms of Jeongmin who was holding in his laughter. “You are evil Jeongmin hyung!” Youngmin said but chuckled as the fight went on.

“It’s not that I am completely evil but just look at the enemies being allies. I am just at awe!” Jeongmin said then chuckled as the fight went on to who got a higher math quiz results.

“Ok enough of this, I already found the remoe okay. So let’s all settle down and watch the movie.” Jeongmin announced just as Youngmin brought the food for them to share.

They chose the movie werewolf boy and the younger were tearing up as soon as the protagonists were separated.

“Oh my god Jeongmin stop crying already!” Hyunseong was irritated at the younger brother who was sobbing at Youngmin’s shirt and hugging the younger like he was some fragile piece of glass that can break anytime soon.

“Shut up hyung!” Jeongmin bickered as he continued to bawl, and now Kwangmin and Minwoo were all tearing up.

Kwangmin tried to hold it in and Hyunseong found this really adorable. But he sighed and took a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to Kwangmin. “just let it out, you look ugly holding it in.” Hyunseong deadpanned and Kwangmin gratefully took the handkerchief and wiped the tears off of his face. He then sank on his chair a bit and rested his head on Hyunseong’s shoulder, catching the older off guard.

“hyung, thanks!” He muttered and Hyunseong found his lip tugging at the sides into a smile as he brushed the younger’s hair off of his face.

Donghyun chuckled at the crying teen on his lap. Minwoo had leisurely lied his head on the elder’s lap as he watched the movie. Donghyun was the younger’s hair and back as Minwoo sniffed.

It was an endearing picture so to speak and perhaps the consequence was working well beyond expectations but somehow, they knew, there will be challenges and obstacles left for them to conquer.


Hyunseong never knew that it was this early as he watched Kwangmin’s retreating back and he felt his heart clenching with every heavy step the younger took away from him.

They were inside a mall, Hyunseong was with his friends from SIA. They had an early Christmas party and were all enjoying the leisure time when Kwangmin approached them out of the blue.

“Hyung!” Kwangmin chirped with a wide smile, wearing his Pikachu hoodie in bright golden yellow.

“You know him Hyunseong?” Yoseob asked and Hyunseong paused and looked at Kwangmin with worried eyes. Kwangmin was staring back expectantly when Hyunseong turned his back and answered a loud “No”.

“Come on then, let’s go!” Yoseob said as he motioned for him to follow.

Hyunseong looked back and saw how hurt Kwangmin was before the younger turned his back away from him and walked away hurriedly. Hyunseong mentally hit himself as he let the younger slip away from his peripheral view.

“Is Kwangmin here?” Hyunseong asked as he entered the café only to find Youngmin shaking his head and telling him that Kwangmin was at home and called in sick. Hyunseong nodded as he took his apron and made his way towards the café to serve.


A/N: I will try to write the continuation of this later? Maybe in a few days. I am not satisfied with the chapter though so I apologize. I know you have your own ships but I will try to give them some spotlights/chapters before I end the series.
Expect something big to happen with JeongYeong ^^ *Wink*