clarifications and reunions

The Consequence

 

 

A/n: hey there... we are nearing the end of this really old series so i really want to thank everyone who waited patiently for me to update this story..

 

 

.....

 

Youngmin was restless, what was taking this operation so long? He was already feeling guilty with what happened to Jeongmin and as the minute passed, he was feeling the guilt build up inside him.

 

"Youngmin hyung." Youngmin looked up to see his twin brother extending a cup of hot cocoa, and it reminded him of jeongmin too much.

 

"How's Hyunseong hyung?" The older of the two asked ad Kwangmin smiled a bit before sitting next to him while Youngmin craddled the hot cup between his palms.

 

"He's okay, he  just needs to cool down, and you?" Kwangmin asked and for the first time since they all got there, Youngmin felt vulnerable, like a kid needing his mother

 

Youngmin shed tears, of pain and guilt, of fears and whatnots. Kwangmin held him tight and whispered words of comfort, because he knew, that no matter how strong Youngmin tried to look, he's fragile and weak, and needed comfort the most.

 

The light went out and the head surgeon stepped out of the operating room. Soon, everyone gatherd around him to hear an update. The doctor gave them a tired smile. "He's going to make it." He uttered and everyone let out a sigh of relief. 

 

It was done, Jeongmin was safe and they have the heavens to thank. 

 

As everyone was lost in their own thoughts, Donghyun slipped from everyone and called a person he knew would help him without question. 

 

"Hello?" A girl's voice answered the phone.

 

"Hi! Luna-ssi" Donghyun spoke. 

 

"Neh, who's this?" Luna asked back.

 

"It's Donghyun." He answered.

 

"Neh, Donghyun-ssi what can i do for you?" She asked in a cheerful voice.

 

"Can you help me with Jinki hyung?" Donghyun uttered and he could feel the girl tense up as she spoke.

 

"What happened?" She asked with a worried voice.

 

"He's in the hospital right now, it's better that you come here. He's okay please don't be alarmed" Donghyun said and Luna understood.

 

"I'm coming." She said before the line went dead.

 

As Donghyun turned to walk back to where everyone was, he saw Hyunseong with clenched fist and a hurt expression. He stared at the brother as if asking for answers but Donghyun shook his head.

 

"Hyung, please tell me." The younger of the two pleaded.

 

"I have a promise to keep Hyunseong." Donghyun replied but Hyunseong shook his head.

 

"I pieced it out already, Jinki hyung is Jeongmin's brother." He uttered and Donghyun raised a brow. "I am asking why you have to hide it from me." Hyunseong clarified.

 

"I only knew Jinki hyung's identity just now." Donghyun replied.

 

"But you knew he was adopted." Hyunseong added and Donghyun nodded.

 

"It was accidental and to answer your question, I just didn't want you to hold a grudge on appa and maybe withdraw yourself from Jeongmin." Donghyun replied. "You are hot headed Hyunseong, I just don't want you to act on impulse." He finished and Hyunseong nodded.

 

"Will you tell Jeongmin?" Hyunseong asked.

 

"I don't think Jinki hyung would want to reveal himself." Donghyun answered truthfully. 

 

"But they both deserve to know that they are brothers. Besides, Jinki hyung sacrificed his life for Jeongmin." Hyunseong uttered, making Donghyun smile a bit; his brother truly cared for fairness.

 

Without saying anything, Donghyun pulled Hyunseong into a tight embrace. Hyunseong immediately embraced back, and despite the silence that they exchanged, their hearts knew what this meant for them: they are brothers who think alike.

 

"Hyunseong, have i told you how much I love you?" Donghyun suddenly asked making the younger chuckle a bit.

 

"That sounded gross hyung" Hyunseong replied, making Donghyun grin. "No words needed hyung, you make a good brother and I know that that's more than what words can portray." Hyundeong replied, maling Donghyun smile placidly.

 

"Thanks Hyunseong." Donghyun uttered as they savored the rare chance of showing their affection.

 

They both walked towards the ICU waiting area and what they saw made their hearts break a bit more. Keangmin and Minwoo was wrapped around Youngmin and the eldest of the three was crying silently. 

 

Hyunseong looked at his brother and the elder smiled and patted the younger's shoulder. Donghyun tirned around while Hyunseong approached the three. He placed a hand on Kwangmin's shoulder and the boy looked up at him.

 

"Donghyun hyung is going to get some food to eat." Hyunseong said and Kwangmin was silent before nodding and joining Donghyun. He also grabbed Minwoo leaving Youngmin and Hyunseong alone.

 

The silence between the two was awkward but Hyunseong sat next to Youngmin and grab his hand.

 

Youngmin looked at him and saw Hyunseong smile at him. "I'm sorry hyung." Youngmin uttered but Hyunseong shook his head.

 

"We've been through a lot Youngmin, let's not bother with the petty misunderstandings." Hyunseong uttered.

 

"But Jeongmin hyung is in there because of me." Youngmin uttered.

 

 

"But he is ok now. He'll survive." Hyunseong replied

 

 

"I don't know what i'll do if I lose him." Youngmin exclaimed.

 

"I understand. Youngmin, we only want one thing here, and Jeongmin would be utterly upset if he sees you like this. Dry your tears and lets wait for his recovery." Hyunseong uttered and soon wrapped his arms around the younger and kissed the top of his head.

 

When the three returned with food, they smiled as they saw Youngmin sleeping on Hyunseong's shoulder and the older had his eyes closed as well. Kwangmin approached the two and placed a kiss on Hyunseong's cheek which effectively awoken the older. 

 

"Thanks hyung." Kwangmin uttered.

 

"What for?" Hyunseong asked.

 

"For forgiving Youngmin hyung." Kwangmin replied making Hyunseong smile.

 

"I can't stand family conflicy." Hyunseong replied.

 

"And you can't help but eat. Here, I upsized everything." Donghyun said as he handed Hyunseong his food.

 

"Thanks hyung." He uttered then happily took the burger and munched on the fries. 

 

Kwangmin observed with a smile on his face but Hyunseong's appettite was really something. But Hyunseong suddenly offered his burger which caught Kwangmin off guard. He smiled took a bite, happy to share the little moments that they have.

 

Youngmin opened his eyed and Kwangmin handed him some food. He took it and tried to eat, but he wasn't that hungry.

 

"Come on, eat up or we won't allow you to visit Jeongmin once we are allowed to." Donghyun warned as Minwoo took the burger and unwrapped it before giving it to Youngmin.

 

"Here hyung, you need to eat or we will be forced to admit you in the hodpital." Minwoo said and Youngmin smiled at him.

 

"Thank you everyone." Youngmin uttered and soon they were in a group hug.

 

Mr. Kim and Mr. Jo looked at the sons and a sigh escaped their lips.

 

"Mr. Jo." Mr. Kim called out and the butler hummed in acknowledgement. "Hyunseong had his fist stitched and Donghyun had his leg broken. And now Jeongmin almost lost his life. Why must they suffer the consequences of my actions?" He asked and the butler thought for a while.

 

"Perhaps it is the lesson behind the consequence that we must look at and not the painful ordeal." Mr. Jo said.

 

Mr. Kim looked at the five boys huddled together and laughing as they munched on the burger and fries. A smile made its way on his face. "Maybe..." he uttered.

 

-

 

 

A/N: sorry long overdue.. baking does take a toll on my schedule