Reconciliation

The Consequence

a/n: Okay.. so yeah I managed to write this one.. It’ll be angsty from here on.. so don’t kill me please T.T

---

For the rest of the shift, Hyunseong was not into it but he tried to be professional. He did smile but not the bright one everyone had gotten used to in the last couple of weeks. The shift ended and Hyunseong was just silent as he was before he had gotten relatively close with the Jo siblings. It was a bit odd but who are we to judge anyway?

“Kwangmin?” Youngmin knocked on the door if his brother’s room and sat on the bed where Kwangmin was under the pile of blankets and Pikachu. “Are you feeling okay? Do you need anything?” Youngmin asked but Kwangmin just shook his head and closed his eyes tightly. “I’ll bring you dinner then.” Youngmin said and left the room.

Hyunseong entered right after Youngmin left. He looked at the roommate and sighed before grabbing a towel and walking towards the bathroom. He let the cold water pour down on him as he shivered into the cold night. It was never his intention to dismiss the younger but it just slipped his tongue. He closed his eyes and tried to think of ways to repent but sighed even louder as he found none.

He walked back towards his bed, all clean and refreshed but his heart sank as he looked at the lump on the bed. Kwangmin has his back against him and the Pikachu ears from his pajamas sticking out of the blankets. He wanted to say something but Youngmin entered with a tray of food in hand.

“Dinner is served hyung, you should join them.” Youngmin said and Hyunseong nodded and left the room.

It’s as if he wasn’t even there.

Hyunseong lost his appetite and didn’t eat that much, surprising the three that had gotten used to his excessive appetite. He dismissed it by saying that he was still full.

He wanted to really explain himself to the younger but somewhere inside him told him that this was for the better. Not that it would make things any easier.

---

“Where’s Kwangmin?” Hyunseong asked as he entered the kitchen for breakfast.

“Left early for some school project.” Youngmin answered and Hyunseong nodded and took his seat.

The classes weren’t much different from what they have at home. Kwangmin was pouring all his attention towards the lectures, much to Hyunseong and Jeongmin’s astonishment, but not Youngmin, he knew that something was wrong with his twin.

“Care to explain?” Youngmin asked as he sat across his brother in the library.

“There’s nothing to explain hyung.” Kwangmin replied as he turned the page of his novel.

“You can lie to others but not to my Kwang!” Youngmin said with more authority.

“Go ask him if you really want to know.” Kwangmin said as he closed his book and left the library in haste. Youngmin sighed as he looked at the brother and took his leave.

It was already snowing outside and the warmth of steaming coffee did nothing for Hyunseong or Kwangmin who avoided each other. Youngmin sighed as he completed an order and thought of a way to bring it back to where they were.

---

Kwangmin went straight to his room after their shift and lied on his bed without another word. Hyunseong followed and was about to turn the knob when he heard sobs from inside. He let the knob go and settled himself on the sofa.

“Aren’t you going to bed hyung?” Jeongmin asked and Hyunseong shook his head as he focused his attention on the program being played in the television.

“Okay, don’t stay up to late.” Jeongmin reminded him and turned to his own room.

Hyunseong sighed as he flipped through the channels and decided to just turn it off. HE ran his hands across his face and momentarily closed his eyes.

“You had a fight?” Jeongmin suddenly spoke and Hyunseong looked at the younger brother and nodded.

“I thought it wasn’t a big deal but I guess I was wrong.” Hyunseong uttered and both Youngmin and Minwoo glared at him.

“If there’s anyone who hated rejection the most, it’s Kwangmin. He had been scarred ever since we were little because of me.” Youngmin said, trying to calm down as he explained the position of his brother. “He considered you as a friend but what did you do? You denied knowing him? How could you?” YOungmin shouted and left to comfort his brother.

Youngmin tried the knob as he knocked on the door. “Kwang? Please open up.” Youngmin tried to talk to the brother but Kwangmin didn’t even listen. In the end, Youngmin retreated to his own room without another word.

“Why did you do it Hyunseong?” Donghyun asked and the younger sighed as he shook his head.

“I don’t know hyung.” He honestly replied, making Donghyun sighed.

“Well I can’t help you with this, fix it yourself. Jeongmin, go to sleep.” Donghyun instructed and left the living room where Hyunseong would spend the night.

It has been snowing all day and the temperature inside the house wasn’t the best. He shivered as he lay on the sofa, thinking of the best way to apologize to Kwangmin. He got frustrated and just decided to sleep, maybe with a few hours of sleep, he could think properly about it.

One… Two… Three… Kwangmin lost track of time as he wept inside the room. He had murdered his Pikachu as he threw them to the walls and had ripped every paper he got hold of. He was never this angry before and he couldn’t explain why he had been acting this way. He wept and wept until he fainted, fatigue taking over his body.

He woke up craving for water and decided to at least spare his body from the turtore. He padded out into the kitchen where he noticed the shivering male on the sofa, arms tightly around himself as if it will proved warmth.

KWangming knelt in front of the sleeping man, face inches from the other. He took in the face of the older, memorizing each detail with teary eyes.

“Pabo.” He muttered as tears formed in his eyes. He let them fall as he looked at the man in front of him, the one who rejected him; not even acknowledging that they knew each other.

It hurt Kwangmin to hear such rejection from someone he thought he knew and trusted; more importantly Hyunseong was not just a friend to him and he was sure of it.

He stood and turned to leave when a cold hand on his wrist stopped him and pulled him down to sit on the sofa. Hyunseong had half lidded eyes as he mumbled slurred words that Kwangmin never understood. He then pulled the younger to lie next to him, face buried on his wide chest, one arm circling Kwangmin’s waist, the other resting on the younger’s head.

Kwangmin tried to break free but the grip was deathly and he heard the elder spoke in a clear voice. “I am very sorry I rejected you. I just didn’t know what to do.” Hyunseong spoke but Kwangmin just kept mum about it.

“I don’t want to lose you Kwangmin.” Hyunseong uttered as he tightened his grip, crushing the boy towards his body. “I think I love you.” He said and hearing those words, Kwangmin wept as he nuzzled his face on Hyunseong’s broad chest. He soaked the elder’s shirt with salty tears but Hyunseong didn’t mind it at all

Kwangmin was really lost for words but managed to wrap his arm around Hyunseong’s neck and leaned in to kiss the elder. It wasn’t the movie type of kiss but the innocent one that lovers share. It was Kwangmin’s first kiss that he himself initiated; he never regretted doing it.

Hyunseong willing responded and they didn’t even need to speak to know how they both felt. Hyunseong held him tighter as they listened to their beating hearts, synching to create a rhythm to lull them to a peaceful sleep.

“I love you Hyunseong hyung.” Kwangmin whispered before sleep took hold of him.

Hyunseong smiled as he brushed the younger’s hair with his hand. He planted a kiss on the younger’s forehead and held him closer to his body. “I love you too Kwangmin.” He uttered before closing his eyes, delighted that the boy in his arms had mutual feelings for him.

---

Jeongmin was about to give his brother some blankets when he saw two kiss with such pure bliss. He decided not to intrude such wonderful intimacy. Youngmin noticed him with a silly grin and asked why and the older just dragged him out to see the two in a tight embrace, sleeping peacefully.

“So I guess that problem and misunderstanding are both resolved?” Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded. He then covered the two bodies with a fleece blanket and left them alone.

“I wonder Jeongmin hyung…” Youngmin said and Jeongmin looked at the younger. “Where do we stand?” Youngmin asked and Jeongmin was too stunned to answer.

---

a/n: How was it? I trieda different writing style for this~ anyway next chapter is tentatively fluff ~ I guess too much angst can kill you (but not me, I live on it). I hope this clarified the horrible previous chapter T.T
Until my next update….
By the way, anyone interested in a Magical Fic featuring SJ-SHINee-Infinite-Boyfriend?