Why Pikachu?

The Consequence

 

 

Donghyun fixed himself a cup of warm tea then sat on the table. Minwoo reluctantly sat across the older as Donghyun gestured for him to take a seat.

"So why is Pikachu so important to Kwangmin? a girlfriend perhaps?" Donghyun asked and Minwoo shook his head.

"Kwangmin hyung never had a girlfriend." Minwoo answered. Donghyun raised an eyebrow.

"For people, toys are mere things for kids to play with but for us three," Minwoo paused and looked at Donghyun straight in the eyes.

"I'm listening." Donghyun muttered before taking a sip of his tea.

"For Kwangmin, Youngmin and I, they represent who we are." Minwoo sighed and closed his eyes, waiting for Donghyun to mock him.

"I can tell that this is very personal. If you are expecting me to criticize you for such a childish thought, I'm sorry. I am still sane and trained to listen to the whole story before reacting." Donghyun muttered and Minwoo could not believe it.

"I see a very different Donghyun all of a sudden. At first you attacked without hearing our side and now you are going to listen before judging? Who are you Kim Donghyun?" Minwoo asked with sarcasm in his tone.

"And who are you No Minwoo? Even though we hate each others' guts, I have to listen to your story to think of a way to keep Hyunseong and Kwangmin from killing each other." Donghyun stared at Minwoo, the younger avoided the eye contact

"Pikachu is Kwangmin as Youngmin is Pooh Bear" Minwoo muttered then sighed loudly. He then looked at Donghyun whose face can't be deciphered.

"Appa told us when we were younger that each character was a representation of who we are. Pooh Bear was seen as a gentle persona who is generally friendly. Appa thought that Youngmin hyung is somehow like Pooh, gentle and caring as he is and can gather friends to his side, Pooh treasures his friendship with Christopher Robin just as much as Youngmin cherishes his kinship with his twin brother." Minwoo finished and Donghyun merely nodded.

"Pikachu is a japanese character out of the series Pokemon; A yellow rat who has jolts of electricity. Appa thought that Kwangmin is like Pikachu, a hard headed fellow who doesn't want to be enclosed in a ball. Kwangmin hyung is really stubborn and unlike his twin, he flares up easily, sending thunderbolts." Donghyun tried to stifle a laugh and Minwoo sighed.

"But Pikachu has the greatest trait any master would want, Trust and Loyalty. It was hard for Pikacu to trust his master Ash but when he did, he became loyal to him. This is Kwangmin, to earn his trust meant to battle against his stubbornness and look beyond what he shows to everyone. WHen you get his trust, he'll be loyal to you. And for Kwangmin, he is loyal to his twin brother who had saved him in numerous encounters." Minwoo concluded.

"So these representations were given by Mr. Jo himself?" Donghyun asked and Minwoo nodded.

"I see, I understand why Kwangmin over reacted, but Minwoo, you are?" Donghyun asked with a concerned tone. Minwoo bit his lower lip nervously and Donghyun can sense the uneasiness of the younger.

"I't ok if you don't want to tell." Donghyun assured him.

"Mickey Mouse." Minwoo muttered and Donghyun nodded.

"a character known for all the negative and inferior quality." Minwoo finished and Donghyun shook his head.

"Mickey Mouse is a character of leadership and friendship. Mickey Mouse has been Walt Disney's bread and butter, and I think Mr. Jo would have thought of that. When Walt Disney had nothing, Mickey saved him and made him famous. Minwoo, Don't think that you are worthless, you are regarded by your family as a vital member." Donghyun muttered and offered a smile. Minwoo returned it shyly. Donghyun then glanced on his watch.

"oh look at the time, it's really late." Donghyun then washed the cup in the sink and headed of to his room. Minwoo just sat in the dining room.

"This conversation helped me in understanding your and your brothers' fascination over those toys but it doesn't mean that I've gotten to like all of you. We are still not in friendly terms. When we are at work, I allow you to talk superior over me, as it was our family business. After all, I am still learning. But at home, and even at school, I will not allow you to rub it in my face."  Donghyun said and Minwoo sighed in disbelief.

"And you expect me to forget the things you did? I understand that we are professional at work but I don't expect a better relationship at home." Minwoo retorted and Donghyun smirked.

"You can count on that." Donghyun muttered then entered the bed room. Minwoo was left half laughing and half gagging at the bipolar tendencies of the older Kim.

"You tend to mystify my Kim Donghyun." Minwoo muttered and entered the room to sleep.

 

 

 


 

A/N: well I was going to post this tomorrow but I don't think I will be online so I'll just post it now.

For the subscribers of One Last Wish, I'll try to post an update next week.