A lesson learned

The Consequence

A/N: Sorry again this took so long T.T Hopefully this update is okay for everyone

---


Luna and Onew found themselves enjoying the view and sharing sandwiches Onew brought with him. He took a thermos from his bag and poured hot chocolate for the girl who thanked him and smiled gratefully. “You know Luna, it’s weird that we’ll end up together.” Onew uttered and Luna looked at him with a small smile.

“I know oppa.” Luna replied and turned her attention to the beautiful view.

“Are you regretting it now Luna?” Onew asked and the girl shook her head and breahted out heavily before turning to Onew with a wide smile.

“I know it’s weird but it feels so right at the same time. I can’t explain it oppa, but I think, I found my soul mate in you.” She said and Onew’s lips curved into a smile and embraced her tightly.

“Thank you.” Onew uttered as he held her tightly, smile never leaving his face. “And sorry I took this long to confess.” Onew said and Luna chuckled.

“I don’t mind at all.” She said as they parted and she rested her head on his shoulder as they look at the view of Seoul. Then Onew took out his phone and they took a selca, the picture registering their happy faces.

---

Donghyun and Minwoo continued towards Yongmasan Mountain, taking a trail by the side of Achasan Mountain that led to the adjacent mountain. Donghyun was leading and Minwoo was a few steps behind. They joined the few hikers who ventured out into other side for the thrill and adventure.

They stopped by an area with a beautiful view as Donghyun checked his watch for the time. Minwoo gulped down a few swigs of water then refilling his bottle at the fountain nearby. Donghyun approached the younger and handed him a small face towel and Minwoo looked back with furrowed brows.

“Wipe your sweat. It hasn’t been that long but you freaking sweat like a bacon.” Donghyun uttered and Minwoo glared at him.

“Thanks but no thanks, i have mine.” Minwoo replied as he took out his towel to wipe his forehead. They then continued the hike.


--

An hour passed and the eight hikers were gathered around a table already eating a feast after the hike. They were sharing stories and having fun; and yes, even Soyou and Sunggyu were joining in with sharing their stories.


“What made you like Sunggyu hyung Soyou noona?’ Jeongmin asked and everyone went silent, they all focused on the girl who was blushing like a bride.

“oh.. It’s...” Soyou stuttered and Sunggyu’s heart did a summersault just by looking at her. “It’s his eyes. He looks adorably cute with those tiny eyes and I wonder if he could notice me knowing how limited his vision must be.” Soyou said and everyone burst out laughing, everyone except Sunggyu who was a bit embarrassed.

“I’m sorry my eyes are very tiny.” Sunggyu muttered to himself but Soyou caught it. “It’s your charm Sunggyu.” She said close to his ears and gave his hand a gentle squeeze as she smiled at him. Sunggyu nodded and smiled back as his cheeks burn with the raging blood.

They continued to share stories until Henry noticed that it’s almost 2 hours and they need to drive to the Yongmasan Mountain to get Donghyun and Minwoo. The eight drove to the place and waited for the two.

After an hour and they were nowhere in sight, Soyou got worried and took out her phone to dial Minwoo’s number; no one answered. Jeongmin also dialed Donghyun’s number but it was unsuccessful. They decided to wait for another hour.

By the third hour, they decided to act and reported it to the Mountain officials and they agreed to do a search for the two hikers if they don’t appear in an hour. It was the longest hour for the group.


---

Yongmasan wasn’t a difficult trail, although a bit longer, it’s manageable. The hikers went both ways, some started at the Yongmasan side and were hiking towards Achasan, and a few took the other trail.

They stopped a few more time to savor the view and enjoy the fresh air. They then hiked towards a particular favorite destination, the Yongmasan falls. The sight was really mesmerizing and both were quite happy that they took this trail.

“Hey where are you going?” Donghyun asked as Minwoo walked towards the rocky face near to the lake’s edge. “Hey, don’t get to close, you might slip and fall in.” Donghyun said as he followed the younger who didn’t even spare him a glance.

“Leave me alone.” Minwoo said as he continued to walk near the edge and savoring the fresh air and the cool breeze of the mountain.

“I can’t.” Donghyun replied as he chased after him.

THe two walked deeper into the forest, as Minwoo followed the lake towards the other side of the trail, with Donghyun behind him. The other hikers were out of his peripheral view and Donghyun had the worst feeling as they got deeper and deeper.

The silence was deafening for Donghyun, quite a scary feeling he had as they took a few more steps.

Then they heard a cracking sound.

Donghyun looked up and saw a huge branch falling towards Minwoo. Dognhyun’s eyes narrowed as he jumped towards the younger male and putting the boy out of danger. Minwoo was about to yell at the elder with rage when he saw Donghyun lying on the forest floor, a large branch pinning his left leg.

“Donghyun?” He called out as he approached the elder. “Hey are you dumb?” He asked as he tried to lift the heavy branch off of him.

“If I am dumb then you are dumber.” Donghyun replied, screaming in pain as Minwoo tried to free his leg.
Minwoo tried his best and after a few tries, he had managed to lift and push the branch a little, freeing Donghyun’s leg. He looked at the leg and Donghyun winced in pain. Minwoo helped him up and walked towards a large tree, sitting Donghyun with back flushed on the large trunk.

“You shouldn’t have saved me.” Minwoo said as he checked the leg, clearly the bone was fractured.

There was bleeding on one side as the sharp rocks pierced Donghyun’s flesh.  Minwoo shook his head as he took out a first aid kit from his bag. He cleaned the wounds and bandaged the leg, sighing as he finished wrapping it.

“Thank you.” Donghyun said as Minwoo finished covering the leg and Minwoo scoffed. “you’re no superman so don’t try to save people.” Minwoo said as his answer.

“I expected a small thank you but you berate me with this? Yeah you’re most welcome.” Donghyun said, clearly pissed at the younger for his actions. He then tried to stand up, screaming loudly as pressure was placed on the injured leg.

“are you trying to kill yourself? Are you that stupid?” Minwoo shouted at him as he helped him sit down. “Well apparently yes. I was stupid enough to save a worthless creature name No Minwoo.” Donghyun shouted back and the two became silent and their eyes tearing away from each other. They then lay there in silence, not wanting to break it in any moment.

“Donghyun then sighed as he grabbed his phone to call for help. But the reception was very poor, not a single bar registered on his phone. “Damn it.” He cursed and threw his phone inside his bag and ran his hand on his hair as he releases some of the frustrations.

Minwoo bit his lip as he tried to look at the older. He mentally cursed himself for going off  the trail just because he wanted to prove that he was better than Donghyun. HE looked at the injured leg and guilt was taking his entire body. He swallowed hard and closed his eyes; it’s all his fault.

“I’m sorry.” He uttered as he faced the older but he was shocked to see the older’s state. Donghyun had his eyes closed and mouth a bit parted. He was breathing heavily and Minwoo’s instincts kicked in. He checked Donghyun’s temperature and shook his head. He scrambled his bag and searched for the medicine. He tried to make Donghyun take it but the elder was too weak to do anything with his current state. Minwoo sighed and took the water bottle; it’s his only way to save the elder.

Minwoo popped the pill inside Donghyun’s mouth and took a mouthful of water. He then placed his lips on the elder and made him swallow the medicine; Donghyun breathing heavily after. Minwoo took out his scarf and wrapped it around Donghyun’s neck. He then sat next to him and made Donghyun lie on his lap, draping his hand over the elder’s chest to calm his breathing.

One, two, three hours passed and Minwoo was trying to contact Soyou but to no avail. Donghyun stirred from his place and opened his eyes. “Minwoo.” Donghyun called out, almost a whisper and Minwoo looked at him with a warm smile. “oh you’re awake. Are you hungry?” Minwoo asked as he took the bag next to him and rummaged it for some snacks.

Donghyun shook his head as he tried to get up, with the help of Minwoo, and placed his back on the tree trunk next to Minwoo. “I’m thirsty.” Donghyun usaid and Minwoo froze for a minute, remembering the little act he did earlier.  Minwoo handed him a water bottle and Donghyun drank without another word.

“You could’ve left me.” Donghyun spoke after a long silence. “I’m not a jerk.” Minwoo replied and Donghyun nodded.

“Thanks.” Donghyun said and sighed.

“I should be the one thanking you.” Minwoo said softly and it made Donghyun chuckle a bit.

“Anything funny?” Minwoo asked and Donghyun shook his head.

“I guess luck is not on our side Minwoo.” Donghyun stated. “But I’m sure fate is.” Donghyun finished and Minwoo was caught in a riddle.

“I don’t understand.” Minwoo replied and Donghyun just smiled at him.

---

It took another hour of waiting until Donghyun and Minwoo were brought down the mountain and into an awaiting ambulance. The rest drove to the nearest hospital to find Minwoo being treated for minor scratches while Donghyun was being put into a cast..

“Where is he?” A voice beckoned and the rest looked at a fuming father approaching Jeongmin.

“Appa, please he’s being treated.” Jeongmin said but their father pushed pass him and towards the ER where Donghyun was sitting on the ER bed, with leg being casted. “Kim Donghyun.” He raised his voice and hand.

“He saved me.” Everyone looked at Minwoo who was quick enough to reach the space between Donghyun and Mr. Kim. “I was the foolish one to go off trail and I didn’t listen to Donghyun hyung. I was heard headed and he tried to warn me. A branch fell from one of the trees and he pushed me out of the way. It’s all my fault sir, please forgive me.” Minwoo bowed to show his sincerity and Dognhyun hissed as he tugged on the younger’s sleeve to stop him.

“Don’t bow so low, I had my fair share of mistakes.” Donghyun said as he looked at his father. “I was careless, I’m sorry for causing trouble.” He said and bowed (at least lowered his head since one of his leg is currently being wrapped in plaster).

Mr. Kim took in a deep breath and left without another word. He boarded his car and asked to drive away immediately. “Mr. Jo.” He called out and the butler acknowledged him. “Why is this consequence hurting my boys physically?” He let it out and Mr. Jo gave him a small smile.

“Maybe you are looking at it in a negative perspective sir.” Mr. Jo replied and Mr. Kim raised a brow. “The young masters are actually learning. Hyunseong had learned to control himself and now Donghyun had learned to care and to protect the people important to him.” Mr. Jo replied.

“Are you telling me that Minwoo is important to Donghyun now?” Mr. Kim asked and Mr. Jo nodded once.

“It’s a hunch sir, Donghyun isn’t the type to risk his life for people who are not important to him. Maybe Donghyun had acknowledge Minwoo as a friend he can trust.” Mr. Jo said and Mr. Kim gave a small smile.

“I hope you are right.” Mr. Kim said as they drove a away.

----


A/n: I’ll end it here..  2,299 words for this update so it’s a rather long story..
I hope that there’s enough DongWoo (nope not the infinite member) moments there to satisfy my Dongwoo shippers’ cravings ^^ till my next update~