Dragged to the janitor's closet

Unwanted Attention

Two

 

It has been two days since Soori felt happiness, felt not alone. Wandering through the corridors by herself, eating by herself, she just wished Minah was here right now. Even if Soori wants to do everything by herself, she can’t shake out the fact that sometimes, she wants to have some company. Someone she could talk to except her stuffed teddy bear. It seemed childish really.

But it also has been a day since she tended Kai’s wounds. When she came home that very day, she was dismayed to found her couch empty. She searched her house, but there was no Kai. How ungrateful. After she saved him from being pathetic in the street, this is what he does? Soori felt a sudden spark of rage, but she calmed down. It’s no use after all. First, Kai doesn’t absolutely know her. And last, why would he be sensitive enough to actually thank someone. He’s Kai! He’s a badass guy, and badass guys don’t really do kindness.

Sigh. Forget it Soori-ah. This might be what Minah would tell her if she told her this story. Speaking of Minah, Soori’s phone beeped. While walking to the vending machine, she took out her phone and read the message from her best friend.

 

From: Minah

Subject: LANDING TAIMUUUU ! ~

                Yah! I know you miss me my dear Riri. And I miss you too. And by the way, I just landed in Canada. Just thought it might feel less nerving to text you, so here it is. Yah! I know this is hard but you’ve got to make some new friends. Don’t be such a loner Soori-ah. It’s  bad for your love life. Come to think of it, this is probably why you haven’t had any boyfriends before. Well, yeah, neither have I but whatever! I just hope you’ll be okay on your own now Soori-ah, I miss you.

 

Soori had bit back a lot of tears from falling after reading the text message. Why does her friend have to leave her? Why does everybody seem to leave her? Her family, then her best friend.

She sighed. She might look like a fool staring at the floor in front of the vending machine. Anyways, she can’t do anything anymore. They’ve already left. At least they still care about her. That’s what matters the most.

 

“” Kai’s fan girls have been chasing him around ever since they saw him badly injured. He ran left then right then straight just to avoid them. He hates being pestered around by them sometimes.

“Oppa!” Ugh, Kai groaned. Can’t they just leave him alone? Kai has been meaning to find that girl today but girls seemed to chase him endlessly. It might be best for the girls to chase Luhan instead of him. Surely, Luhan would entertain them all. Luhan, after all, is a Casanova.

Kai turned to a corner leading to the vending machines. He momentarily lost the girls. He was thinking of various places to hide.  Oh gosh, run. But he stopped his tracks. That’s the girl! Okay, so should he drag her or just leave her alone. She seemed to have a lot going on in her head, since she’s staring at the floor. Weird.

“Ah! Oppa! There he is!” More screaming, ugh.

Then the girl looked up and saw him. She seemed…expressionless. He can’t be a total . He can at least thank her. Leaving him no choice, he grabbed the girl’s hand and sped off. So delicate, he thought.

“Y-yah!” Soori stammered. She was shocked to be dragged by Kai. What does he want from her? After being a jerk to her, maybe he wants another favor. The heck he will, Soori thought.

Kai could feel her hand getting away from his grasp. But he held on tighter.

“Let me go!” I just want to thank you properly, duh. Kai mentally rolled his eyes, if that is even possible.

Finally Kai saw that the janitor’s closet was open and big. He put more force into dragging the girl since she constantly squirmed under his grip.

Kai was glad to be in this room.

“Oppa! Where are you?”

“It seems that he’s gone.”

One by one the girls’ steps stop echoing around the corridor. The girl struggled to remove her arm from his hand. He released her and she directly stumbled back and then landed on her . That gotta hurt.

Kai chuckled silently but then he cleared his throat after knowing that she was sending glares to him. Kai thought to at least help her. He stuck out a hand. He waited.

“I don’t need your help.”  Feisty, Kai approves.

Soori stood up with wobbly legs, but after that she was fine. She was utterly confused why Kai dragged her here. And all the more, he was being chased with his fan girls. Despicable.

“No need to be mad though.” Kai eyed her off. She was absolutely not his taste but she’s quite intriguing. Well, let’s play around then. “I just want to thank you, for rescuing me.”

Meanwhile she continued to pat her skirt from the dust.

Kai didn’t have a chance to introduce himself.   “I’m—“  

“Kai, I know. The whole school practically knows you.”  The girl continued for him.

Kai wondered how he could get her name, in a way. “Well, since I’m entirely grateful, I just wanted to know your name as a reward, girls here have wanted that since I don’t care about names actually.”   Kai smirked to himself.

 

Soori’s ears perked up. Despicable, plus a jerk, great.   “You’re welcome, but no thanks. I’d rather be unknown.” After that she went out. Kai sighed. He wondered why she has to be so hard. What he said was true, wasn’t it? Kai resigned.  He was a bit too cocky for sure. He got out too and went after her.

He heard her gasp. “My phone!” She ran and picked up of what’s left of her phone. Maybe, it was because of Kai’s fan girls, tramping her phone. And she accidentally dropped it and stupid of her not to notice.

She tried to turn it on but it’s already dead. “Aish, my mom’s going to kill me.” She muttered.

“I could let it be fixed for you.” Kai suddenly spoke. She eyed Kai like he was stupid. He was pretty stupid actually. “Or buy you a new one.” he suggested.

“Are you out of your mind?” She mustered.

“Uh, nope.” Kai nonchalantly replied. It was no big deal really. An iphone doesn’t cost that much to him.

“Forget it.” Before she could get away Kai grabbed her hand. She stopped.

“Please, it’s the least I can do to make it up to you, for being a jerk and…..insensitive.” Kai kind of pleaded.

The girl took her time replying. She must’ve thought real hard. She bit her lip unconsciously and made Kai wonder. She looked down at the floor as if it has the answers she needed. Then finally, she looked up.

“Soori”  Oh that must be her name. Kai was pretty startled.

“My name’s Park Soori.” 

 

 

 


Lol, for two days, and minah just landed now? Well, it's like this, she's been preparing her baggages and some documents and stuff, you know airport stuff. Sorry, I don't really know sometimes. Ugh, I failed. But well, here's the second chapter, hope you like it btw. 

And I might post chapter 3 later :3