Unusual

Unwanted Attention

Twenty Eight

 

“Tell me why were babysitting Yumi again?” Kai grumbled as his hands went to the back of his head trying to look as casual as possible. At first he was okay with taking care of Yumi but then he forgot that kids are always going to be kids.

“Because, she’s your cousin’s daughter and you’re doing her a favor. That’s why.” Soori answered back while looking through the ingredients she need for their lunch. Yumi originally wanted to go to the park and play but she changed her mind and demanded for Kimchi stew. There was no available ingredient in Kai’s condo, but instant noodles, they went grocery shopping.

Kids. Ugh.

“Okay, I get it. But why do kids have to be this way.”

Soori sighed. “Kai, you were once a kid too so you can understand it on your own.”

He made a confused face. “Yeah, but I was never this annoying and clingy…” He clearly emphasized the last word because he noticed that Yumi’s already attached to Soori and she’s stealing all the attention from Soori. Kai was being childish, competing with a kid.

 

“Yumi also wants ice cream!” She happily pointed to a strawberry flavored one. Soori nodded and smiled telling her they would get some.

Even though Kai hated being ignored, he still had fun watching Soori today. She was being extra careful towards Yumi. He smiled.

 

 

“Don’t worry Yumi, Kai oppa’s gonna pay for all of these”

“Really Soori unnie?” Soori nodded.

“I heard that!”

Both of them giggled at Kai’s reaction.

 

****

The three of them arrived home and Soori instantly went to the kitchen to cook. She put all the groceries on the table and grabbed an apron. She tied her hair into a messy bun and proceeded cooking. Meanwhile Kai grabbed a chair and sat down on it backwards letting his arms rest at the back of the chair. It feels like the time when he first kissed her. He chuckled inwardly. That moment made him realize his feelings towards Soori. Of course, he could also never forget her reaction.

“You’re creeping me out you know that?” Soori stifled a laugh.

“Am I really?” Kai retorted back.

“Yup. Where’s Yumi anyway?”

“In the living room, playing”

“And why are you here?”

“To watch you cook, is it illegal?” Soori could only laugh when Kai repeated what she said when they were on Lay’s resort on his birthday.

“Come to think of it, isn’t this scenario a little bit familiar to you?” Kai was coming closer to her and Soori keep taking a step back until she was trapped by Kai’s arms, which were placed on the kitchen counter, leaving her nowhere to go.

“Kai!” She hissed.

“You know, when I first kissed you and that I was sick at that time because of the rain.” He smirked. “And that time when I went to your apartment and the electricity went out? Ah, good times.”

Soori couldn’t look at him in the eye especially when she knows she’s blushing madly right now. Old habits die hard; Kai still loved teasing her after all.

“But seriously angel” His tone suddenly changed on to a serious one. Kai carefully tucked in a loose her behind her ear and put his other hand at the back of her head. “I just can’t get enough of you”

Soori blushed madly as Kai kissed her temple.

 

 

“Ah! Soori eomma and Kai appa!” Both of them instantly straightened themselves and put in a small amount of distance as they heard Yumi’s voice.

“Y-yumi, are you hungry already?” Soori then proceeded cooking while avoiding looking at Kai.

“Neh, Soori eomma” Yumi seemed to like calling them that as she grinned nonstop.

Meanwhile Kai just patted Yumi’s head and said, “Very good Yumi, you’ve made us such brilliant nicknames.”

“Kai!”

“Neh! Yumi is very smart!”

Seeing the two of them made Soori smile in happiness, even though Kai doesn’t really like kids, but now he seems to be fine hanging out with Yumi. Sometimes, Soori could also consider Kai a child because of his actions. Maybe the reason would be that he missed some parts of his childhood in the process of trying to please his dad.

 

****

“Uwahhh!” Yumi squealed when she saw what Soori cooked. For the first time, Kai’s condo felt lively and it’s finally feeling like a home to him. He didn’t realize that he’d been staring until Soori waved her hands in front of him.

“Are you okay? Your food gonna go cold if you won’t eat it soon.”  Kai could only smile at her. It seems that everyday that he’d spent time with her, he’s falling harder than he thought.  Kai knows how much of a greedy person he is. He just hopes that he would learn to have some control over himself if he doesn’t want this moment to be messed up.

 

 

Turning her back on him, Soori was busy washing the dishes. Kai leaned on the doorway to observe her. He noticed the small changes in him and in Soori. He noticed how she, bit by bit, mingled with her classmates who befriended her after she was slightly bullied. He was just happening to pass by when he saw her talking to some of them. He was glad to have such effects on her. There are changes in him too, he’d skip class lesser and he’d actually pay to his grades more. And in the end he even got a higher grade than Soori.

His eyes eventually found her neck and stayed there for he doesn’t know how long. Her hair was tied so it wasn’t in the way giving him more to look at. Her skin. Such radiant skin. It almost made him want to touch her and kiss her right there but he didn’t. Instead he threw a towel at her aiming for her neck.

“You’re sweating a lot” Soori who turned around was met up by this statement

“Ah, thanks.” She found this somehow awkward. “Wheres’ Yumi?”

“Sleeping.”

“Oh.”

 

 

 

“Ah, Kai. I’m gonna go home soon.” She leaned up closer to him. “Are you not feeling well? You’re not in your usual behavior.”

Kai hadn’t expected this and he immediately blushed. When he realized this he quickly turned his head and avoided looking at her eyes.

“Kai? Is there something wrong?”

 

In a flash, Kai took her to his chest and hugged her. He knew he couldn’t control himself. He knew that when it comes to Soori he lost all sense of control within himself.

“Nothing’s wrong”

Soori was surprised for a bit but then she gradually let her arms hug him back.

“If you continue being like this, I don’t know if I can control myself anymore.”

“..Control?”

“I want to touch you.”

“EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!!!!!” Soori hadn’t expected that from him. She felt her cheeks heat up.

“It’s not what you think!” Kai defended. “It’s just that I want to hold you more, cuddle with you, if it’s possible, I won’t ever let go of you from my embrace..”

Right now, Soori witnessed how Kai would look if he was shy and embarrassed. He looked like a lost child.

“Kai?” He looked up and then he was crushed by Soori’s hug.

“You can always hug me no matter how long and no matter when it is.”

He smiled, thankful that he found her. 

 

 


Yayy, I updated lol. 

Huhu, I have no inspiration lately so this might also be the reason why I'm not updating more often

but fear not my dear readers I shall still continue writing this and present you some worthy reading

lol Okay okay, I just hope I could get some comments or something

But I totally understand if you won't

hihi :)