The truth

Unwanted Attention

Twenty Five

 

I never knew how love would feel like. I thought it would be full of lies. Lies that consists of broken promises and pain. I hate pain. I wish it would have never existed, but I knew pain is here for a reason. Yet, right now the only pain I could feel is the slight tightening of my heart whenever I would see her smile, or even when I just simply look at her without doing anything, like annoy her perhaps. Even if she isn’t doing anything, it would still make me look at her more in anticipation. I like holding her fragile body while placing my hand on her waist. I like how it makes me feel that I’m protecting her. She seems so weak at times, but then I’m wrong. She actually is quite a strong girl.

 

I didn’t know that love would feel like this. It feels…enchanting. But I’m afraid if I’ll get greedy sometime soon.

 I hope not.

 

“Hmmm…”

Kai was interrupted by his thoughts as Soori made a troubled noise about her homework. Upon seeing this, Kai found it amusing and he chuckled.

Soori looked up and casted a confused look at him. “What?”

“Nothing”

She rolled her eyes and went back to her work. Both of them were sitting on their usual spot in the library. Soori worked on something related to school while Kai was just being himself. The sun’s setting as Kai waited for her to finish. He never got impatient with her; actually he had fun looking at her even like this. Her hair was slightly moved by the sudden movements she made, and her nose scrunched up when she didn’t have the right answer.

“Soori”

“What?”

“When are you going to be finished?” Right now, Kai was a bit excited to go out with her since its Friday. These past few days were kind of tough because of Kai’s fan girls. They keep on bullying Soori, but fortunately Soori being mature enough, ignored them until they gave up. Some of them considered the fact that Kai was also kind of cold to his fan girls even before he got a girlfriend.

“I’m hungryyy~” Kai hated to do aegyo before but now is the only exception that he made for he was truly hungry.

Soori laughed and that earned her a warning look from the librarian then she immediately stopped laughing.

“Do it again, Kai”

“No, I want to eat!”

“Okay, okay. Sheesh, just give me a minute to clean my things up.”

Kai grinned from ear to ear when he knew that his aegyo wasn’t wasted at all.

 

****

Kai’s mouth was full of food and some crumbling stuck to his cheek. He was putting every bit of food into his mouth and he chewed on endlessly. Meanwhile Soori was just looking at him while sipping her milkshake. She enjoyed seeing him eating as if he wasn’t able to eat for decades. Boys will always be boys.

“I feel sorry for letting you starve like this.”

“Yeah, you should be.”

“Just eat Kai.”

“You know what angel; you should make a nickname for me. It’s a necessity for lovers after all.” Kai shoved his last portion of burger into his mouth and gnawed on it.

“Thanks, but no thanks.” Soori then went back to sipping her milkshake.

Kai whined. “Won’t it be a little unfair?”

“Nope.”

“Angel~” He cooed.

“Not gonna happen Kai.” Soori stood up and walked outside. Kai drank some of his cola and scrambled to catch up with her. Once outside, he immediately caught her hand and decided to never let it go. His fingers automatically laced with hers and as always, it fits perfectly.

“Don’t ever leave without me.” There was a slight fierceness to his voice and Soori looked up to see how his jaw tightened in an angry manner. At that moment, Soori knew Kai would have a little bit of possessiveness.

“Y-yeah, I-I’m sorry.” She stuttered a bit, since she was never used to an angry Kai before.

She heard him sigh. “I just…Just don’t get out of my eyesight okay? I want to be there with you always, protecting you if ever something bad happens. And…I’m sorry if I’m a bit whiny today. It’s just that I want to experience being a proper boyfriend to you…I don’t want to be an to you again…”

 

Soori was a bit guilty for treating him like he’s not her boyfriend. She kept on ignoring him whenever he hangs out with her and she never even appreciate the simple things that he did for her.

I guess I’m a bit harsh to him.

 

Suddenly, Soori stopped walking. Kai noticed this and he stopped too and looked at her in bewilderment. Soori never wanted to lose this guy. Kai’s the only guy who made her felt like there are butterflies in her stomach, and never failed to make her blush at every compliment she gets from him.

Soori looked in his eyes and felt like drowning in the steepness it depicted.

She mustered up enough courage and held his collar to pull him towards her, with enough force to actually yank him down to her level. She pressed her lips to his and after that her mind went blank. Kai was shocked at first but then he eventually took control of the kiss. He was after all the adept one.

For some time, both of them broke up their contact and stared into each other’s eyes, panting.

“I’m going to call you kamjjong”

“What kind of nickname is that?”

Soori smiled. “A special one.”

****

 

Soori couldn’t stop blushing about what happened earlier as they were on their way to her home. Kai insisted on taking her home which she repeatedly refused be she knew she had no power over this.

“Angel?” Kai broke their brief silence by telling Soori what he needs to tell her. She needs to know all about him and he would see if she would still accept him.

“W-what?”

He looked at her innocent face and smiled. “You know, I have been into lots of relationship before. And those relationship were not normal ones.”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you familiar with the friends-with-benefits kind of thing?”

“Oh.”  Of course, she would have expected this.

“Well, you get the picture…I’m not a .”

“Y-yah, I know that already.” Soori was a bit flustered.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Kai really looked as if he committed a really bad crime. “I was young at that time. I was looking for comfort against the pressure I felt from my father. I was lost and hopeless. I treated girls as if they were toys and nothing more. They were toys that would pleasure me…and the pleasure would make the pain go away.” He breathed.

“But it didn’t. It only got worse.”

 

Soori was touched that Kai could share this part of his life to her; it only means that he trusted her and he wants her to accept him along with his flaws. She realized that Kai isn’t as perfect as she have imagined. But it didn’t make her love him less.

“Kai?” He stopped. Soori put her hands on his face and looked at him. After a minute or so she hugged him.

“I understand. You’ve been through some tough times that I may never know but I understand.”

Kai moved his hands and circled them on her body. He nuzzled in her hair which smelled the fragrance of a unique flower.

 

 

 

“I’ve been molested once too.”

 

 

 

 


lol, what a random ending.

HUHU, I'M SO SORRY IF I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR AGES

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE MORE EVEN IF SCHOOL'S PRESSURING 

ME A LOT RIGHT NOW

HUHU

hope you still enjoy this chapter ;__;