Amusement Park ?

Unwanted Attention

Eleven 

 

“When you said fun, you meant the amusement park?” Soori nodded happily. She needs to be optimistic about this.

“And I thought we were going to some club, drinking some vodka.” He complained. “Ow!” Soori punched his arm after saying that. Alcohol is not the best solution to every problem. True, it numbs the pain, but it’ll eventually come back, and being drunk has so many downfalls.

 

Kai spent their whole “fun time” being dragged by Soori. First, she dragged him to a shooting stall. He opted to look manly and cool in front of her by trying his best to shoot as many dummies as he can. But he didn’t, he kept fumbling on the gun and he's not quite experienced in shooting. Meanwhile Soori was having a great job at knocking those dummies out. In the end, she won a cute puppy plushy.

“Here, you can have it” Smug was plastered all over her face.

“No thanks”

“Aw, no need to be embarrassed! Come on, you can have it!” She insisted and it made Kai annoyed. Carefree, that’s what she is today.

Kai still didn’t give up to her annoying state. He ignored her and she suddenly pouted. Oh, he saw it alright. He walked away leaving her with a sulky face.

 

*****

He was looking at something she wasn’t quite sure of what that is though. Looking at the direction, she found out that it was the Ferris wheel.

Kai’s not a stranger to this place. Together with his father, they often come here back then. Bittersweet memories felt funny all of a sudden.

 

“Let’s ride the Ferris wheel”  Kai looked at her as if she was insane. But he wondered for a bit that Soori wasn’t her usual composed self, who ignored him at all means, it’s as if that part of her doesn’t exist at this moment.

 

After some time of him being constantly dragged by Soori, they finally took their places inside, across from each other. He didn’t want to talk. Hopefully, maybe Soori can understand that. Yet, she did. There have been lots of times that she also  felt like that, disappointed and depressed over something she’s not willing to tell everyone.

 

And there was another thing why she didn’t talk to him; she was busy trying to get over her fear of heights. She didn’t expect it to be this high just as it began to move upward.

She hated heights. She hated the possibilities of falling down. One simple mistake and you might end up dead. Her knuckles have gone white from gripping too hard just willing herself to get a grip. It must be pretty embarrassing if she could see herself right now.

 

 

Kai sighed. It’s no use overlooking the view if he’s feeling like . He turned his head and saw Soori quivering and closing her eyes. Confused, is she okay? Well, obviously not. Wait, maybe she’s afraid or something. That’s it! Heights. This girl is insane, suggesting riding this and yet she’s scared all along? Is she planning some suicide mission?

She’s doing this to cheer you up Kai, an inner voice breathed into him.

 

 

“You might end up with a bleeding hand if you grip too hard”  Okay, that didn’t come out nice.

“Shut up” Her voice trembled slightly in an off tone.

If he’d put himself in her position, what would he feel? This is probably the first time he saw her show some weakness. He saw her as a tough girl, and hard to beat down. That might be why he loves to so much, because she knows just what to answer and never back down.

 

“Here” He held out his hand after some depth realization. “Take my hand”

Even though she was very scared at his moment, her resentment towards his attitude still didn’t waver off. He gestured his hand again. “I know you’re afraid, I’m just trying to comfort you”

True, but what comfort would it bring her to hold his hand? But suddenly their cart shook and it caused Soori yelp a bit.

 

“Okay, okay! Give me your hand!”

She immediately took his hand. Maybe holding someone might make her feel better all along. His hand was big and it fit perfectly in hers. She wasn’t sure if it’s accurate though, she hasn’t held a boy’s hand like this before. His hand was making her feel safe, like if she fell, she knew he’d be there holding her and never letting go. She was comfortable.

 

*****

 

He was feeling better now. After their little trip earlier, he can’t make himself act like a heartless man in front of her, not when Soori’s acting like that just to cheer him up.

When they parted ways, he can’t avoid too look back. It brought him some chuckles, seeing her having a hard time walking with her groceries and the prizes she won earlier. He didn’t turn around and kept staring at her back until she finally disappeared before his eyes.

Kai met countless of girls that only wanted to get into his pants, or get a hold of his money and maybe, just because he was handsome. Those girls wanted , and he gave it to them. When they become too clingy, break up was the answer. It was worse at first, but Lay managed to talk him out of it insisting all the possibilities and how wrong he was of what he’s doing. And now, he was hoping not to repeat that again. He wanted to change; he wanted to forget the part of him who’s making as a leisure time.

But memories are memories, those were the darkest time of his life and he opted to bury it. He was glad Soori didn’t fell into his charms. He was afraid to hurt her even though she’s just a girl from school, and nothing more. He never thought of her as more, just a girl he’d continuously bug at school.

Flopping on his bed, he felt sleepy. Bit by bit his eyes were closing but it instantly shot open when his phone was ringing. He took it out. His mother was calling him.

“Umma?”

“Jongin-ah. Are you feeling better now?”

“Neh”  Thanks to someone who’s afraid of heights.

“Jongin, listen, your father is throwing a congratulatory party this Saturday” Her mother hesitated for a bit. “And he wants you to come”

Kai laughed bitterly. “Is he losing his sanity, making me come and all? Is he sure?”

His mother sighed. “Jongin-ah, I’m asking you a favor. Please, I’ve told him to give you a chance”

A chance, is that the bait? “I’m not sure umma.”

“Jongin, please?”

When it comes to his mother, he knows he can’t say no to her. “Arrasso”

 

 

“Thank you jongin-ah” as he was about to end the call his mother managed to catch up an important detail. “And bring a partner with you.” 

 


 

Kekeke, thankfully I still managed to update, even though I've had MANY OBSTACLES at school :)

And I changed the title because it suits more to the story, and I just want to ask your opinion about it. Do you prefer the "Day by Day" or the "Unwanted Attention" ?

Huhu, I hope you guys answerrrr .

 

AND IT'S KRIS'S BIRTHDAYYYY !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISSS