Ignoring you

Unwanted Attention

Twenty One

 

 

 

Something feels not right. Usually, at this time of the day Kai would be sitting with Soori having lunch together with some nonstop talking by him. Her seat felt empty even though she’d never mind it before. Has he already made an impact on her on such a short amount of time? But she realized it had been months since the first time they met and interacted with each other.

The school cafeteria has never felt so foreign, never felt so unfamiliar to her. Maybe Kai had changed her view on things. Ever since he confessed to her, her mind’s been malfunctioning. Her mind sometimes wanders off thinking about him. She constantly bumped into someone when she spacing off. It’s the first time that a boy liked her. She doesn’t know how to react or what to feel. But she’s been neglecting the thumping of her heart whenever Kai’s near her. She still thinks that Kai is bad news.

 

But Kai’s far away to other side, eating with some other girl. Soori pretended not to care, but she felt a tiny pang of jealousy within. And she hated herself for it. She acted cool and composed as usual when they locked eyes earlier. But her disappointment grew when Kai broke it first and continued chatting with the girl.

 

Being alone is easy, but being ignored is another story. And besides, Soori have been used to being alone right? Maybe, not this time.

 

“Hey.” Lay took a seat in front of her, savoring this moment.

She smiled. “Hey”

“It looks like you’re not okay”

She was startled a little bit. “No! I’m fine actually” Waving her hands with nervousness.

“Good, because were gonna spend the whole weekend for my birthday celebration”

“We?”

“With Exo of course”

 

*****

“Were going to the beach!” D.O. and Baekhyun raised their hands up and continued chanting.

“Yayyyy~” Chanyeol was extra hyper also, with his big eyes and hysterical laugh.

“Lay hyung, thank you!”

“Yah, behave or I’ll kick you out!” Soori can’t help but chuckle at the sight of these boys. They’re so immature but then they appear manly sometimes.

 

“Yah, Kim Jongin!” A girl squealed as Kai tickled her. Yup, there was another girl in the trip and her name was Hani. This was the same girl that Soori saw in the cafeteria. Big eyes, thin but voluptuous, she had everything that Soori hadn’t. She even looked like a model.

 

“Aish, why does he have to bring a along.” Baekhyun muttered in annoyance as he avoided looking in their direction. Soori, who was sitting beside him, consoled him. “Let him be Baekhyun-ah.”

“But it’s unfair! I want you and Kai to end up together!” Her eyes widened.

“What are you saying?!” She hissed.

“Oh come on Soori-ah, he’s definitely making you jealous by bringing that along. And thankfully you aren’t”  Chanyeol heard their conversation and nodded along. Soori was quite relieved that Kai and his “” was sitting at the back, and them in the front, making sure that he doesn’t hear anything.

 

“We know Kai likes you.” Chanyeol butted in.

“And you like him back” Baekhyun continued for him.

 

“No! I don’t!”

Both of them chuckled. Soori looked flustered and she blushed endlessly. “Oh, you’ll realize that soon Soori-ah.” Baekhyun patted her head.

 

Soori couldn’t still shake up the though that she might actually like him back.

 

My heart. It won’t stop beating.

 

*****

“Yah! Tao! Catch him!” Chanyeol shouted in persistence as Tao wouldn’t listen to him. Baekhyun was free from Chanyeol’s grasp and started splashing him with sea water. All of the Exo members hastily drenched themselves in the ocean, and then they started playing. Soori walked behind them and watched silently. She laughed as Luhan slipped and hit his in the ocean floor. Chen and Suho were having a swimming match that was pretty funny as well. Sehun, as always, avoided all the humiliating stuff and stuck to sun bathing. And the rest, well, they’re playing around.

 

Kai was still busy tending Hani who was wearing a bikini that showed off her assets. Meanwhile Soori was just wearing short shorts and a tank top. She didn’t have enough courage to wear a bikini after all. Soori can’t take her eyes off the way Kai put his arm around her shoulder, making Hani seem protected. Soori missed the sense of security that she felt from him. But now, it’s all gone. She laughed sarcastically, wondering what on earth is she thinking?

Stop it Soori. See how the way how he manipulated you? See the way how he immediately changed another girl because you didn’t like him back? And he definitely isn’t making you jealous. You’re just another girl he played with.

 

 

“It’s a fine day isn’t it?” Lay definitely knows his timing.

“Yeah, it is.”

Taking her hand, he pulled her with him. “Then let’s go swim!”

Soori was left with laughter and ease as she tried to forget about Kai and Hani. She let herself be pulled into Lay’s comforting aura. He cheered her up of course. Lay never failed to do that. He was always by her side, caring for her. He is a good friend.

 

*****

“Kai oppa~” Hani kept on nudging Kai, who was watching Soori and Lay from afar. Jealousy immediately seeped through him as he saw her having fun with Lay. Kai originally intended to bring Hani, as a thought of using her to make Soori jealous. He knows it sounds childish but what if it might really work? Knowing that Soori can be very unpredictable.

“Shut up” Hani pouted.

This girl, aish. I really shouldn’t have brought her.

In his effort of making Soori jealous, Kai had to exert a lot of effort into his acting skills because he obviously doesn’t like Hani.

 

Kai could clearly hear the sounds of laughter that Soori made. He was irritated, knowing he wasn’t the reason why she laughed. Instead of making her jealous, he found himself feeling the emotion itself.

 

 


Sorry for the late update, I'm trying hard to write as fast and neatly as I can but yeah.

So sorry if there are any typos.

 

Thank you for the new subscribers and the old ones who stuck to my story lol

Thank you also for the votes huhu

Thank you all

I hope I get the same amount of comments and love from you guys :)

I'm currently writing the next chapter, so I might post it later ~